Full House

By fillomina

Y/N has a steady job and lives alone, that is, until she tags along with her friend to the shelter. Jimin, Ho... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80

Chapter 11

7.7K 376 18
By fillomina

Yoongi POV

I couldn't help but feel anxious about the bed situation. Y/N has already spent money on our adoption fees, clothing, and food, and now she was going to spend even more on an unnecessary bed.

My anxiety stayed with me throughout the whole car ride home. I have seen how owners initially want to spoil their new pets. They adopt, thinking that they can afford everything, they want to buy all new things.

They buy new clothes, embellished collars, bedding, they take them to get new hairdos, essentially throwing money at their new doll.

But then the expenses start to add up, extra food is a continuous expense. Medications and doctor visits can be pricey. When hybrids start to grow older, just as a regular human would, they no longer want to waste their money.

I have experienced first hand what it is like to be spoiled rotten, only for my owner to decide I was too expensive and get rid of me. I've experienced it when I was alone, and sadly, with my pack too. It's not easy to forget that you've been thrown away twice because of your expenses.

That's why I didn't want Y/N to spend too much on us. She says she has the means, but I still worry that she is going overboard. I don't want her to splash the cash on us for a few months, only to realise that she can't maintain those expenses, and return us to the shelter.

Jimin and Hobi were already growing attached to her, and I could tell that they loved their new home. I don't think I could stand seeing them get kicked out of another home. If I couldn't keep them in this home, I truly would have failed as their alpha.

I looked behind us, seeing the homeware store's van following us home. Since the king size bed was obviously not going to fit in Y/N's car, she paid extra to have the store deliver it in their van. Another expense.

Hobi's endless chatter about his dream last night was providing some nice background noise, Y/N seemed to be enjoying the one sided conversation, with Jimin piping up every now and then.

My heart felt happy for a brief moment, watching my two younger packmates converse with our owner. It looked like a happy little family. But soon we pulled up into her driveway and my anxiety returned.

Y/N POV

I could tell Yoongi was deep in thought. I assumed it might have been regarding our brief conversation in the store, he had been frowning the entire car ride and it was starting to worry me.

The logical part of me knew that he was stressed about the amount of money I was spending on them, even though it really wasn't that much, but my heart was terrified that he wasn't happy here - that he felt he made a mistake in letting his pack get adopted by me.

We got home and I directed the store assistants to bring the bed inside. I decided to just pay the extra fee to get an already-assembled frame plus the mattress delivered. I could tell that Yoongi wasn't happy about that though.

Once it had been set up in their room, the delivery guys left and I got to work putting the new sheets over the mattress.

"Yoongi, please don't frown so much. You'll get wrinkles" I joked.

He just let out a sigh and helped me spread out the sheets. The other two were in the kitchen preparing a "surprise lunch", although Yoongi had told me that they don't cook much so I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned.

"I just don't want you to regret spending all this money on us. We honestly would have been happy with that" he gestured towards the pillow bed and the pile of blankets that we had pushed into the corner.

It was my turn to sigh.

"I know you're probably not used to this, you've been at the shelter the last 2 years and now all of a sudden you're getting all of this stuff. But I promise, I'm not spending more than I can afford"

Yoongi opened his mouth to speak, but closed it again, and simply nodded.

He didn't believe me. Maybe this was just going to be one of those things that took time, and that he was going to have to get used to. I decided not to push it.

"There! All done" I stood back and proudly admired our work. "Should we go and see what Jimin and Hobi have made?"

"Well I don't smell smoke so it's already going better than I expected" he didn't sound like he was joking.

Oh boy.

I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the kitchen and there was minimal mess, nothing on fire, and edible looking food on the table. Maybe Yoongi was just over-exaggerating.

4 plates of sandwiches lined the bench and they looked pretty good.

"Sorry it's not a hot meal, but Yoongi said we shouldn't burn the house down on our second day here" Jimin said a bit dejectedly.

I laughed out loud at this, the way Jimin spoke made me think that perhaps Yoongi was not over-exaggerating after all.

"Sandwiches will do just fine" I assured him, and he handed me a plate that had an extra half sandwich.

Hobi noticed my confused look and answered my unspoken question.

"You didn't eat breakfast so we made you more"

I nearly melted into a puddle.

"Aww you guys, I'm meant to be taking care of you, remember?" I took the plate anyway and sat down on the table.

"How will you take care of us if you starve to death?" I laughed again at Jimin's dramatic question.

"I'll be just fine, I promise" I bit into my sandwich and gave them a thumbs up, hopefully expressing that it was tasty.

They seemed to understand my signals, and happily started eating their own food.

It seemed that our everyday routine was likely to include a movie in the evening. I had made my favourite pasta recipe for dinner, and we decided to eat it while watching a movie. The guys had once again snuggled up with each other, and were engrossed.

"Hey guys, tomorrow is Monday, so I'll be at work all day" They probably knew that I worked, but I just wanted to remind them.

"You can eat anything you want, you can use the TV, and there's games in the cupboard"

"How long do you work for?" Jimin asked with a pout.

"8:30am to 5pm. So I should be home by 5:30 most days"

His pout grew bigger, and Hobi joined in. Jimin, who was sitting closest to me, scooted over a bit closer and leaned his head on my shoulder. The fact that he initiated contact made my heart race and swell in happiness.

"Can't you work from home?" he sounded so sad.

"Aww" I cooed, and ran my hand through his hair, scratching lightly. Purring ensued. "I wish I could. Maybe I'll ask about it tomorrow"

He seemed satisfied with that answer for now and continued to lean on me while I scratched his head. I wanted to scratch a little closer to his ears, but I knew that they are sensitive. I slowly scratched my way closer and closer to the base of his ears and Jimin's purring got louder.

I noticed Hobi's longing stare and I gestured to him to come over so I could scratch his head as well. There was no room on the other side of me as I was sitting on the end of the couch, so he plopped himself on the floor in front of me, his back in between my legs.

As far as I knew, foxes didn't purr, but at least he looked very happy with the ear scratches. I felt bad that Yoongi was still sitting on the other end of the couch, not getting any attention.

"Don't worry, I'll get to you later" I said to him.

He just smiled lightly before turning his attention back to the TV. I wondered if he was still worried about what we talked about today.

"How is it?" I asked Jimin and Hobi as they got all snuggled up in their new bed.

Jimin had wrapped himself up in the blankets and looked like he was melting into the mattress. Hobi had the blanket tucked up to his chin and the most satisfied look on his face.

"It's sooooo good!" Hobi answered.

I smiled at this and felt happy at the sight in front of me. Yoongi was still standing next to the bed, just making sure his pack mates were settled and tucked in.

"Come on, you get in too" I ushered him.

He slowly lifted the corner of the blanket and slid in next to Jimin, who was now in the middle. I could tell he was trying not to get too comfortable, but his body betrayed him. His eyes could barely stay open and a quiet rumbling sound came from his chest.

Content with all of them tucked in for the night, I went to my own room to go to bed.

I hoped they would be ok tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 15.8K 72
You are Yoongi's hybrid starting a new life. Fate keeps putting hybrids in your path that need your love and protection. BTS x Reader Completed 1.11...
42.7K 1.6K 21
Have you ever wanted something so much without any clear explanation as to why? Kim Taehyung, a modern fashion designer, feels drawn to the bunny-loo...
378K 22.7K 20
When the doctor tells the Jeon's that their newborn Jungsoo could die due to his premature birth, Mr. Jeon decides to clone him as soon as possible. ...
518K 25.8K 54
| BTS Hybrid AU | Humans and Hybrids live together peacefully...or so that's what society would like you to believe. Although Hybrids are able to hav...