Just a Royal Mess

By RanielleTJ4

What do you think happens when 2 unlikely people meet in a situation that might seem normal to other people b... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 5

202 17 0
By RanielleTJ4

Eleanor's POV

I got out of the airport and started searching for Miguel. I found him. He looked the same with his slick back hair and medium length beard, the only thing different was there was flex of grey hair in the mix. I walked towards him and tapped on his shoulder.

"Miguel," I said.

"your highness," he said and bowed.

"Well I don't think that's necessary, let's just get out of here," I told him. He nodded and opened the car door for me. I got in and he started to drive.

"I got my personal car so no one else knows you're here. " he said.

"that's good I would like to keep it that way," I said as I looked out of the window. It's been 6 years since I kept a foot in this city. Before running away I and Elliot use to live in New York or out of city bounders.

"Your Highness that might be a problem," he said.

"why?" I asked as I looked at him.

"King's cousin brother, your uncle landed today morning as you were no were to be found the council called him as he would be the next in line for the throne." He said with a bit of disgust in her voice.

My uncle wasn't really a nice person. The only thing he cared about was money and the wanting the crown. At every family dinner, he uses to say he should be the king right now not my father as he's the real heir. Even though it's not true and my father is or well was the real heir.

"I will handle him," I said as we entered the place through the back gates.

"Welcome home Princess," he said and stopped the car in front of the door "I just had hoped it would have been under different circumstance." He added.

"Me too Miguel me too," I told him as I got down. He led me inside. We were walking towards my room when I heard some chatter in the main lounge. I followed the voices as Miguel followed me. I saw it was my uncle with a few other servants. I didn't go inside just watched from the sidelines.

"I want this painting to be removed and a paint of me to be hung up here," he said looking at my father's painting.

Fucking bastard it hasn't even been a day since the news came out and he is redecorating the house. I wanted to go in and smash his face on the table next to him when Miguel stopped me. He took me out of there and to my room.

"why did you stop me?" I asked him confused.

"Cause your highness I know you and beating him up is not the right move. Tomorrow is the funeral. You need to rest. It's going to be a long day tomorrow." He said and was above to leave.

"Miguel" I stopped him. He turned around and said "I will make sure nothing is changed" then he left. I plopped down on my bed laying on my back I stared at the ceiling. That's when the reality sank in.

My brother is dead, My father is dead, My mother... is dead. As if a wave of emotions hit me. I said crying and balling my eyes out. All the memories rushed into my brain. I turned to my side and saw a photo of Elli and me. I grabbed it hugging it tightly as I crawled into a ball and cried.

That's what I did till I heard a knock on my door. I wiped my tears and looked outside it was getting dark.

"come in," I said as I was sure I didn't look like I was crying. The door opened and it was Miguel.

"I bought you some food. I came around in the evening but I decided not to disturb you." He said as he rolled in a cart with food on it. I sat down on the couch as he kept the plates on the table.

"Does no one know I'm here?" I asked him "like I am in the house hasn't any of the servants seen me?"

"No your highness well your uncle has all the servants busy and I made sure no one comes to this side of the palace." He said and was above to leave when I stopped him.

"Miguel can I ask you something?" he nodded his head.

"why were my father and Elli on the same plane. Like isn't there a rule for the king and next in line to not be on the same plane." I said.

"There is Princess but Prince Elliot's plane had some technical issues so he insisted on flying together." He said. Elli wanted to get home and leave for his vacation as soon as he could.
"can you do me a get me all the details about the accident," I said and he nodded "you may leave," I said and he left. He had got me my favourite Paella. I cleaned the plate out. I must have been hungry.

I changed into my PJ's and laid on my bed. Looking at the clock it was only 6 so I decided to watch some TV. Going through channels I landed on the news channel with my uncle's pictures on it.

"Prince Marcelo is said to be the next King. The King had 2 kids but it has been years since anyone has seen Princess Eleanor. It's said that she passed away due to an overdose and that's the reason her death is a well-hidden secret." Like seriously! Like bitch I die I'm sure you're going to know about it, even if it was an overdose. There was a photo of me when I was 8.

Mom and Dad had made sure to keep us out of the public eye as much as they could. But things don't really go the way you want them to when it comes to media, but the family did pay off the media companies to make sure weird photos of me or Elli aren't published. I just decided to sleep. Switching off the tv. Tomorrow is going to be an eventful day.

*Next Morning*

I woke up to a light knock on my door. I checked the time it was 7 am. I got up and opened it. it was Miguel, he came into the room with a dress and shoes.

"Since when are you a light sleeper?" he asked.

"Since I have to get up around this time to go to work. Shit, work I didn't tell them I was leaving" I said facepalming.
'I think they will find out in a few hours that you're never coming back to work." he chuckled.

"True" I laugh with him.

"Ok, so these are the clothes I got for you to wear for the funeral and I got the hat too. You got to wear it, it's a necessity." He said knowing that I hated the fancy hats.

"I will," I said.

"be ready in half an hour we got to leave soon" he nodded and left. I looked at the dress it was a black short dress that went till my knee, black stockings, black lace gloves and a black fascinator hat (Whoever doesn't know what a fascinator hat here you go)

I quickly got changed and wore a pearl necklace and earrings with it. looking in the mirror "god I look like my mother" she chuckles thinking Elli would have said that. My face falls down as then I remembered he's not here anymore to say it. I shake my head "Royal game face Eleanor royal game face" I say to myself.

Walking out of the room with my hat and game face both on. As I went towards the door I could hear my uncle saying "why are we waiting? We need to leave now."

"Lord Chamberlain has told us to wait," one of the servants said.

"I'm the king and I say we leave NOW," he said louder at the end. I wore my glasses as my eyes were still red.

"Well I don't think you saying that makes you the king," I said as I came into view. He turned around to spilt fire but his jaw dropped on the floor when he saw I was the one who said it.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"It's MY families funeral so I think you know the answer to that question," I said as I got in the limo that was in front of us. It was the Limo 1. Number 1 is meant for the kings and queens. "I think uncle you can get in the other limo," I said.

As I closed the door I could see his face boil up with anger as he knew Limo 1 rule too and he always wanted to sit in his limo but never got to. As the driver started to drive the privacy window opened revealing Miguel.

"He's going to be pissed Princess," he said.

"I don't expect anything less," I told him. We quickly got to the church as all the roads were blocked just for the funeral.
"You can't wear those glasses in the public Princess," he said.

"I know" I know I told him. Taking them off with a sigh. He got out of the car and stood next to the door. I could see cameras pointed towards the car. Expecting my uncle to get out but not today. He will be the king over my dead body.

I'm not letting a person like him ruin my fathers legacy. I knocked on the window twice signalling I was ready. The door opened and I stepped out. I could hear a few gasps and a lot of pictures being clicked.

I didn't say anything just walked up the stairs and into the church. I wasn't afraid of what's outside but of what's inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 3.5K 35
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
120K 6.6K 44
Eli sold his soul to the devil to save his family and his village. He asked for fertile lands with clean water. The devil granted him that but it all...
624 174 18
"Were we a lie? Were we even real?" Every teen goes through that stage through life where they are trying to find themselves who they are really some...
11.9K 595 55
Two hundred and fifty years after the world ended and the vampire's reign began, Hadley's pregnant mother Aadya, and her mother's sister, Aunt Zenobi...