The Golden Daughter✓Tony Stark

By Ivory-damsel

Book 1 of the Golden Sunshine series. It was late at night. Sometime between 11PM and 1AM. The door bell chim... More

Preface.
Prologue.
Part I.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Part II
6: Bombs and explosions.
7: Lost but Found.
8: It's like Operation
9: Board of Director's Meeting.
10: Accountability.
11: Blown to Kingdom Come.
12: Revenge.
13: Rebirth
14: Late Night Guest.
Part III.
15: Weapon or no weapon
16: The Concept of Change.
17: Poison
18: Notary.
19: Whiplash
20:Tested, not trusted.
21: Birthday Party.
22: Decades Old Riddles
23: New Elements.
24: Flight.
25: Kill Zone.
26: The Avengers Initiative.
Part IV.
27: Funny.
28: Mind Games.
30: Reindeer Games.
31: Warm light for Mankind.
32: Ghosty.
33: Too Late.
34: Performance Issues.
35: Battle of New York.
36: Sapphire.
Part V
37: The Mandarin.
38: Poisoned?
39: Nightmares.
40: One Night Stands.
41: Limited Edition.
42: Gary needs Tony.
43: Disappointed.
44: Memories Brings Back Memories.
Part VI
45: Impromptu Trips.
46: Weak
47: Alone.
48: Miserable.
49: Escape from Prison.
50: Betrayal
51: Convergence.
The Golden Sunshine.

29: Assemble.

189 8 2
By Ivory-damsel

I sit opposite of the star spangled man. He is holding a laptop watching the footages too. I hold the one in my hand tightly too, suddenly nervous.

I focused my attention on the screen trying to assimilate as much as I can, which is very difficult. I mean the guy was my first crush and my hero. Gah.

"We're about forty minutes out from base, sir." I heard one of the pilot say to Phil who'd been stealing glances at the captain too.

He stands up and walks towards him.

"So, this Doctor Banner was trying to replicate the serum that was used on me?" Captain America- Steve Rogers asks. I don't know, should I call him Captain or Steve or what?

"A lot of people were. You were the world's first superhero. Banner thought gamma radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine's original formula." Phil explained.

"Didn't really go his way, did it?" The captain asks.

"Not so much. When he's not that thing though, guy's like a Stephen Hawking." Phil says and the captain looks at him confused.

"He's like a really smart person." I say.

The captain turns his attention to me.

"I...um, I'm Lisa. It's a pleasure to meet you." I introduced standing up extending my hand out.

"Steve Rogers." He replies as he shakes my hand.

"Yeah. You were my hero growing up. Granddad was never not talking about you." I replied.

He looks at me trying to connect the dot.

"Howard Stark." I cleared his confusion.

"Ah. Is he- " he ask after a few seconds.

"Yeah, he died in an accident a few years ago." I replied.

"I'm sorry. He was a good man." He replies.

"Yeah, yeah he was." I replied.

"I gotta say, it's an honor to meet you, officially." Phil says after a few seconds of silence. Captain- or should I call him Steve, smiles at Phil and I can swear his heart skipped a beat.

"I sort of met you, I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping." Phil says and I glare at him. I can't believe he didn't tell me about him.

Steve looks down. He stands up, closes his laptop and walks to the side with Coulson following.

"I mean, I was... I was present while you were unconscious from the ice. You know, it's really, it's just a... just a huge honor to have you on board." Phil rambles.

"Well, I hope I'm the man for the job." Steve says going to stand by the cockpit.

"Oh, you are." I encouraged not looking up from the screen.

"Absolutely. Uh... we've made some modifications to the uniform. I had a little design input." Phil replies and that has me looking up. He turns avoiding my eye and I scoff.

"The uniform? Aren't the stars and stripes a little... old fashioned?" Steve asks.

"With everything that's happening, the things that are about to come to light, people might just need a little old fashioned." Phil says and I nod in agreement as Steve takes in the sentiment.

▪️▪️▪️

The jet lands on the helicarrier. Steve, Phil and I walk down the ramp into the busy area. I look around and spot a familiar face.

"Agent Romanoff. Captain Rogers." Phil introduces them.

"Ma'am?" Steve greets.

"Hi." She acknowledges Steve and I before turning to Phil. "They need you on the bridge. Face time."

"See you there." He replies as he walks away, leaving us with Natasha.

"Stark, you still don't like me do you?" She asks.

"Well, you're not exactly my best friend. It's still nice to have another familiar face around." I reply and she nods.

"There was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice. I thought Coulson was gonna swoon. Did they ask you to sign their Captain America trading cards yet?" Natasha asks.

"Trading cards?" Steve asks confused, he turns to look at me and I glare at Nat, she smirks in return.

"They're vintage, they're very proud." Natasha replies and I walk faster trying to cool my cheeks. I almost run into a very nervous looking man.

"Dr. Banner." I greet. "Hi. I'm Lisa Stark." I introduced as I see the confusion in his face. "Very big fan of your work."

"Oh. Hi. Sorry I almost bumped into you. It's just all so confusing and busy." He replies.

"Yeah, no problem. I felt the same way too." I replied as Natasha and Steve gets to us.

"Dr. Banner." Steve says as he stretches his hand out for an handshake.

"Oh, yeah. Hi. They told me you'd be coming." He replies.

"Word is you can find the cube." Steve asks.

"Is that the only word on me?" Banner asks.

"Only word I care about." Steve replies, politely.

"Must be strange for you, all of this." Banner says.

"Well, this is actually kind of familiar." Steve replies as he looks around.

"Gentlemen, Lisa, you may wanna step inside in a minute. It's gonna get a little hard to breathe." Natasha says.

The helicarrier starts shaking and I could hear the whirring of machines. I walk towards the edge.

"Is this a submarine?" Steve asks behind me.

"Really? They wanted me in a submerged pressurized metal container?" I heard Dr Banner ask behind me and I frown. I turn back to see them a few feet away.

The propellers starts to spin and the hellicarrier slowly starts to lift from the surface of the water.

"Well, you don't see that everyday." I muttered before turning towards them.

"Oh, no. this is much worse."

▪️▪️▪️

Natasha leads us through a door which leads to the bridge of the ship. Dozens of agents sit in front on their screens.

Natasha slips away while we stare in awe. I look around and notice Dr Banner was no longer beside us.

"Gentlemen, Lisa."
I walk beside Steve to Fury, he hands out a ten dollar bill to him and I furrow my eyebrows. I turn my gaze to Fury and he shrugs.

Fury walks over Banner and extends his hand. Banner, reluctantly shakes it.

"Doctor, thank you for coming." Fury says.

"Thanks for asking nicely. So, uh... how long am I staying?" Banner asks.

"Once we get our hands on the Tesseract, you're in the clear." Fury replies.

"Where are you with that?" Banner asks and Fury turns to Phil to explain.

"We're sweeping every wirelessly  accessible camera on the planet. Cellphones, laptops. If it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us." Phil explains and I nod. I catch Steve's confused face from the corner of my eyes.

"That's still not gonna find them in time." Natasha says squatted beside a screen with agent Barton's stats on it. She looks really down. They must have shared a really deep bond.

"You have to narrow the field. How many spectrometers do you have access to?" Banner asks.

"How many are there?" Fury retorts.

"Call every lab you know, tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking algorithm based on cluster recognition. At least we could rule out a few places. Do you have somewhere for me to work?" Banner asks, shrugging off his jacket.

"Agent Romanoff, would you show Dr.Banner to his laboratory, please." Fury asks of her and she nods, leading banner down the hall.

"You're gonna love it, Doc. We got all the toys." I heard Natasha say as she leads him off.

As we are waiting to locate Loki using satellite facial recognition, Phil,Steve and I stand side by side, waiting.

"I mean, if it's not too much trouble." Phil asks.

"No, no. It's fine." Steve replies.

"It's a vintage set. It took me a couple of years to collect them all. Lisa helped. Alot. Near mint, slight foxing around the edges,but..." Phil rambles but was cut off when a agent shouts.

"We got a hit. Sixty-seven percent match. Wait, cross match, seventy- nine percent."

"Location?" Phil asks.

"Stuttgart, Germany. 28, Kongistrasse. He's not exactly hiding." The agent replies.

"Captain, Lisa, you're up." Fury says. Steve nods and leaves. I walk away taking out my phone.

"You've reached an upset model decoy of Tony Stark. Please leave you message or hang up now." Dad says as he picks up the call.

"You're such a baby." I scoff.

"Yeah, I think you too would be a baby when your daughter leaves you for a hundred year old man." Dad replies.

"Not when the hundred year old man happens to be your role model growing up. I think your daughter is excused." I replied.

"Whatever. So, what's up?" He asks.

"Um... Yeah. We got the lead on the hostile force. He's somewhere in Germany, Konigstrasse? I think? JARVIS, help me out will ya?" I said.

"You appear to be correct, miss. I would set up a flight plan for Germany." JARVIS replies.

"Thanks buddy. See you soon dad." I said as I hung up.

Now let's go kick some god's ass.

A/N: So, Lisa finally meets Steve Rogers. We're meeting Loki again.

How do you think Lisa would react to Steve and Tony's tension?

Please, vote and comment.

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 245 43
Book 2 of the Golden Sunshine series. "Hey. Hey let me help." I said as I removed her hand and jacket. I close my eyes trying to get the bullet out s...
99.7K 2.5K 37
Mercedes Stark was the only daughter of Tony Stark. She was very unplanned, and he had her when he was rather young, but he didn't really have to rai...
37.1K 1.2K 28
Its been 2 years. No one is back to "Normal". The Avengers don't interact with one another as often, only when they have missions. What happens when...
2.7K 29 19
She has always stood in the shadow of her brother never been able to show her wiseness to her father. But when time threatens she slowly comes out fr...