The Golden Daughter✓Tony Stark

By Ivory-damsel

Book 1 of the Golden Sunshine series. It was late at night. Sometime between 11PM and 1AM. The door bell chim... More

Preface.
Prologue.
Part I.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Part II
6: Bombs and explosions.
7: Lost but Found.
8: It's like Operation
9: Board of Director's Meeting.
10: Accountability.
11: Blown to Kingdom Come.
12: Revenge.
13: Rebirth
14: Late Night Guest.
Part III.
15: Weapon or no weapon
16: The Concept of Change.
17: Poison
18: Notary.
19: Whiplash
20:Tested, not trusted.
21: Birthday Party.
22: Decades Old Riddles
23: New Elements.
24: Flight.
25: Kill Zone.
26: The Avengers Initiative.
Part IV.
28: Mind Games.
29: Assemble.
30: Reindeer Games.
31: Warm light for Mankind.
32: Ghosty.
33: Too Late.
34: Performance Issues.
35: Battle of New York.
36: Sapphire.
Part V
37: The Mandarin.
38: Poisoned?
39: Nightmares.
40: One Night Stands.
41: Limited Edition.
42: Gary needs Tony.
43: Disappointed.
44: Memories Brings Back Memories.
Part VI
45: Impromptu Trips.
46: Weak
47: Alone.
48: Miserable.
49: Escape from Prison.
50: Betrayal
51: Convergence.
The Golden Sunshine.

27: Funny.

220 9 1
By Ivory-damsel

My feet bounced continuously on the floor. I tried to control it but it just isn't working. I just hope I don't smash a hole into the ground of the helicopter. Not with the way my abilities are misbehaving.

"You guys know this is kidnapping right? You technically forced me to come here." I said to Fury and the female agent beside him.

Agent Hill was what he called her so I'm guessing that's her name. Or maybe it's just a cover name like Natalie and Natasha.

Dad is going to be so mad if he ever finds out about this. We finally reach where we are going. It's some sort of facility, I think.

Standing a few yards from the landing pad is Phil. I'm glad. Atleast there's another familiar face that I'm sure would tell me what's going on.

"How bad is it?" Fury asks over the loud noise of the helicopters. I can't help but wonder how bad whatever this is is.

"That's the problem, sir. We don't know." He replies. He nods at me in acknowledgement and I throw him a small wave.

We head into an elevator that takes us underground. Hundreds of technicians and other staff run around, carrying boxes and crates. Everything is just a mess.

"Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract four hours ago." Phil says as we pass through the mess.

I only know about the Tesseract because of granddad's stories and I stumbled upon it once upon a time. But I don't understand what it has to do with this or what I have to do with this. Selvig is here? It must be very serious. And did he just say four hours ago? That's around the time I started having these surges.

"NASA didn't authorize Selvig to test phase." Fury says.

"He wasn't testing it, he wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous advancement." Phil says.

"It just turned itself on?" Agent Hill asked.

"What are the energy levels now?" Fury asks. Maybe that's why I'm here. For energy. Maybe they already asked dad and he was being difficult. But he would've told me about it.

"Climbing. When Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered the evac." Phil replied. No wonder everyone was rushing.

"How long to get everyone out?" Fury asks.

"Campus should be clear in the next half hour." Phil says.

"Do better." Fury says to Phil and he nods before turning back.

We go down a very long flight of stairs.
"Sir, evacuation may be futile." Agent Hill states.

"We should tell them to go back to sleep?" Fury asks, sarcasm dripping from his tone.

"If we can't control the Tesseract's energy, there may not be a minimum safe distance." She says. This has to be why I'm here.  Maybe they needed me to wrap a force field around it if it explodes.

"I need you to make sure that PHASE 2 prototypes are shipped out." Fury says.

"Sir, is that really a priority right now?" She asks and it makes me wonder what the hell this phase two is.

"Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on. Clear out the tech below. Every piece of PHASE 2 on a truck and gone." Fury says with authority and agent Hill complies.

"Yes, sir." She says before gesturing to other agents around. "With me."

"Can you tell me why I'm here now?" I ask as we some sort of lab. A blue glowing cube right in the middle of it. I recognised it as the Tesseract. It's glowing so much that it looks familiar. I walk towards it, almost as if it's calling me. I feel a surge of electricity go down my spine and I close my eyes, relishing it.

"You're here because of that." Fury tells me snapping me out of my thoughts and I open my eyes. "Talk to me, doctor."

Dr. Erik Selvig emerges from behind the machine, concerned.
"Director." He says a he heads towards us. "Miss Stark." He extends a hand for a shake and I stare at it for a brief second before grabbing it.

"Nice to meet you." I said.

"Is there anything we know for certain?" Fury asks.

"Tesseract is misbehaving." He explains.

"Is that supposed to be funny?" Fury asks.

"No, it's not funny at all. The Tesseract is not only active, she's...misbehaving." Dr. Selvig explains as we head towards the Tesseract.

I could feel my pulse quicken with each step I take towards it.

"How soon until you pull the plug?" Fury asks.

"She's an energy source. If we turn off the power, she turns it back on. If she reaches peak level..."

"We've prepared for this, doctor. Harnessing energy from space." Fury says behind me as I turn back to the glowing cube. I move closer to it. I feel it again as I get closer and a wave off calm falls upon me. Which is odd because in the last four hours is been anything but that.

"We don't have the harness. Our calculations are far from complete. Now she's throwing off interference, radiation. Nothing harmful, low levels of gamma radiation." I heard Dr. Selvig explain.

I reach my hand out to touch the cube but I'm snapped out when I hear my name.

"Lisa. You okay there?" He asks and I nod, moving away from the cube. What the hell was that? "Where's Barton?" Fury asks the doctor.

"The Hawk? Up in his nest, as usual." I wonder what they're talking about.

"Agent Barton, report." Fury says into the comms and I see a man rappel down from the catwalk and walk up to Fury.

They both head in my direction, discussing between them.

"Are you seeing anything that might set this thing off?" Fury asks.

I feel that surge again and this time I gasp out. Fury and the agent turns to me, but I ignore them turning to the Tesseract again.

"Yeah, the cube is a doorway to the other end of space, right? The doors open from both sides." I heard the agent say and I turn around.

Fury's eye meet mine in question.
"Something is coming." I managed to squeak out as the Tesseract suddenly thunders and shakes the entire facility. I feel someone pull me back as the flaring rings and glow of the cube spout out brighter and louder, like a boiling pot of water.

The Tesseract's energy fills the room and it felt like I was recharging, like when you shower after a really long day. I'm sure my hands are glowing now.

An hole or should I say portal is created. From the portal, I could see the blackness of space, beautiful and strewn with a billion stars. A gust of blue energy clouds fill the room, so bright that I had to close my eyes for a brief second.

I fall to the ground suddenly feeling overwhelmed. It's abnormally quiet. I feel two presence beside me and it's then I realised it was agent Barton holding me all along. I nod in appreciation unable to get words out.

I could hear heavy breathing. At  first I thought they were mine, then I realized they were from across the lab.

A figure is kneeling on the platform, smoke coming off it. They were wearing what I think is a robe, holding a shining blue staff. It had a different energy but quite similar.

The men beside me help me up and I let out a deep breath. I go to walk towards him but Fury pulls me back.

He snaps his head up and our eyes meet. We hold our gaze longer than normal before he snaps his gaze across the room to Fury, Dr. Selvig and agent Barton.

"Sir, please put down the spear!" Fury calls out.

The man looks at his spear almost as if he's seeing it for the first time and suddenly points it at where we were standing and shoots out a blue exploding light towards us. I push Fury and agent Barton out of the way, shielding my self. The light fizzled against the force field before dying out.

Machine guns fire at the man, but the bullets bounce off him. He jumps high from the platform and attacks those firing at him.

In the blink of an eye, the man takes down several guards with his knives and energy blasts from the scepter. He stops and waits as if  to see who will attack him next. Honestly, the whole lab has almost gone to shit.

Agent Barton tries to stand up, the man quickly walks towards him. Agent Barton raises his gun, but the man grabs Barton's hand. Agent Barton struggles against him but he barely budges.

"You have heart." He says for the first time before pointing the tip of his spear at the agent's chest. Barton's eyes suddenly glow black then an unnatural shade of blue. Barton puts his gun away and stands straight.

The man continues to use his abilities to control the minds of several S.H.I.E.L.D. personnel. I nudge Fury and he picks the Tesseract, placing it back into its case and we try to leave the lab.

"Please don't. I still need that." He says in what I almost think is a pleading voice.

Fury and I turn around, I find his gaze trained on me.

"This doesn't have to get any messier." Fury says.

"Of course it does. I've come too far for anything else. I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose." Loki says.

"Loki? Brother of Thor?" Dr Selvig asks and I remember when Phil had told me about the New Mexico crisis.

"We have no quarrel with your people." Fury says.

"An ant has no quarrel with a boot." Loki replies.

"You planning to step on us?" Fury asks.

"I come with glad tidings, of a world made free." Loki replies his eye trained on me. I shift uneasily, breaking the contact.

"Free from what?" Fury asks.

"Freedom. Freedom is life's great lie. Once you accept that, in your heart..." Loki suddenly turns to face Dr. Selvig who's standing behind him and places his spear against Selvig's heart. His eyes glow black like agent Barton's before changing to the same shade of blue.

"You will know peace." He completes. I frown. Peace? Why would you give up your freedom to be peaceful? That sounds twisted.

"Yeah, you say peace, I kind of think you mean the other thing." Fury says as I hear another thundering. I could feel the energy rising.

"Sir, Director Fury is stalling. This place is about to blow. Drop a hundred feet of rock on us. He means to bury us." Agent Barton says as he walks towards Loki.

"Like The Pharaohs of Odin." Fury mutters. I could feel his gloves hands find mine. We move backwards slowly trying to leave.

"Oh, you cannot take her along with you. She is quite important." Loki suddenly says.

"Yeah, like I'll go anywhere with you." I scoff.

"He's right. The portal is collapsing in on itself. You got maybe two minutes before this goes critical." Selvig says as he lifts his head from behind the screen.

"Well, then..." Loki says and a shot was fired, it was so fast that the next thing I knew was Fury falling on the ground beside me.

I gasp and kneel beside him tears filling my eyes. He groans out and I search frantically for the wound, hoping it wasn't a serious wound. It doesn't help that he's wearing black.

"Go." He breathes out as someone picks up the box and another person grabs me. I struggle against the person but it was useless. Stupid spies.

I look up to see Loki standing in front of me and I struggle harder. "Let go of me." I gritted out.

He lets out a little chuckle.
"For centuries, I never gave it a second thought that it was possible. I thought it was just a myth, but here you are standing in front of me. As a mortal, what a shame." He says as he uses the curved side of his spear to trace my face.

"My apologies though, for this might hurt a little." He says as he point the tip at my chest.

He was right. It did hurt, just a little, like prick. Calm fell upon me. Everything was so quiet and peaceful. He was right. Maybe you did have to loose your freedom to be at peace.

A/N: And so Lisa meets our god of Mischief. I'm so excited.

Next update: Wednesday.

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43 2 17
What if Harmony had walked away from Tony that night of the party? After a few drinks and a nice discussion, she leaves the party and Tony goes home...
85 1 11
I look up at Tony Stark through my long lashes. He gives me a smirk as I give him an innocent smile. That's right Stark, fall right into my trap. "H...
385K 14.1K 40
Cassidy Martin didn't ask for any of this, and she doesn't want it. Her powers came to her by an accident, a fluke, and now they're threatening to r...
5.5K 197 22
"After the baths and after the Dino-nuggets, and after they put the boys to sleep, Steve and Bucky collapsed into their own bed. Content with just be...