Dépaysement (h.s)

By complicatedfr3aks

Delilah Lavigne is the owner of the tattoo shop Caim. Her life was anything but simple growing up and once sh... More

oo
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83

60

244 3 4
By complicatedfr3aks

Harry Styles

I've searched every damn room and found no sign of anything. There wasn't even anything left behind by any of the crew members.

Delilah has been a bit quiet so I assume she's still searching through one of the rooms and I pull my phone out, dialing Zayn's number.

"Yeah?" He answers the call in a whisper.

"Have you found anything yet?"

He sighs, "Absolutely dog shit. You?"

"Nothing. Delilah is still searching a few rooms but I don't think she's found anything either. This is bullshit."

"I know. We called Louis a few more times but now it's not even going to voicemail, it just stays silent the whole time so I don't know what that means."

I hear a shuffling noise across the hall in one of the rooms and take the phone off my ear to listen for it again.

"Delilah? You okay?" I call out for her once I enter the hallway but don't get a response.

"Harry what's going on?" Zayn's muffled voice asks through the phone. I bring it back to my ear, "Zayn where are you right now?" I watch the half opened door that makes me think Delilah is in that room.

"Near the side stage with Liam, why?"

"Meet me in the hallway across the other side stage. Something's wrong." I whisper, not taking my eyes off the door. The gun is gripped in my hand very tightly, ready to shoot if need be.

"Okay we're coming right now." I hang up at that and tuck my phone back into my pocket, aiming the gun right in front of me and walking up to the door.

It creaks as I push it open fully and I scan the room, it's just a regular lounge room. A door is open to the left of me with the light on.

I exhale a breath I was holding, "Baby, you in there?" I approach the door with boxes and crates in my line of view.

No response.

I walk into the room further and take a few turns until I get to the last part of the room, which is a small hallway lined with stacked boxes and shelves.

Something is sitting on the floor so I approach it and pick it up.

It's Louis' shattered phone.

"Harry?" Voices call out to me from the other room, "In here!" I yell.

Their footsteps get louder and I see Zayn and Liam turn the corner in a hurry, "What is that?" Liam points to my hand and I hold it up, "It's Louis phone. He was here."

"Where's Delilah?"

"That's what I'm fucking wondering." I drop the phone to the ground just as something reflects into my eye from the ceiling lights.

It's hidden underneath a shelf so I bend down and pick it up by the chain.

"This is the necklace I gave Delilah." I mutter, staring at the butterfly resting on the palm of my hand.

I lift my head up and see their faces. Their eyes are wide.

A cold feeling shutters through my body. My ears start ringing and my hands go numb.

Shelves start falling down along with boxes, papers start flying around in the air and my foot starts throbbing, "Harry stop! We will find them!"

I didn't realize all of that was me until Zayn stopped me, I kicked and threw the boxes and shelves around us.

Out of breath I manage to force out, "Now. We need to find them now."

Zayn nods with worried eyes, "Okay, let's find Jade and Niall and we will."

Everything's a blur from us finding Jade and Niall, to getting in the car and to being back at the hotel now.

I pick at the skin on my lips as I stare out of the hotel window, watching the stars flicker in the moonlit sky. Everyone's discussing a plan right now but I don't bother to listen. I'm sure they will fill me in on whatever their stupid ideas are.

Why can't it be me? It's always her in these situations. She hasn't done anything wrong.

I've done way more terrible things in my life than her. I don't have enough fingers on my hands to count them. But her, she's done nothing wrong. She's innocent, fragile and sensitive. She doesn't deserve this life. It's my fault that she's in this situation once again. Every single bad thing that has happened to her since meeting me is my fault. The people I've hurt and the people I've killed are coming back to haunt me. They are taking it out on her because of me. Because of what I did.

I know what I have to do after this. It pains me to even think about, but it's what is best for her.

This life isn't for her, I've known that since the beginning. Hell, I even tried to prevent it. But once that girl is in your head, she never leaves. My selfishness need to be with her is what is making her stay. She consumes my thoughts every single day. Her face is all I see in my mind before I fall asleep and it's always the first thing I see when I wake up.

When I'm performing, I don't even dare to look at any of the faces in the crowd. Only hers.

It's always been her.

She usually doesn't notice the times I stare at her until my eyes burn, just admiring. The way her nose crinkles when I kiss it, the faint freckles on her nose and cheeks that pop out in the sunlight. The green in her eyes masking the tint of brown beneath them.

I notice everything about her even when she thinks I don't. The way she walks with confidence even though deep down she is so insecure. I know how to decipher her fake laugh, the kind that you feel like you have to laugh at something the other person said just to make them feel good about themselves, and her real laugh. The kind of laugh that is deep in her stomach and starts to hurt her cheekbones from smiling too hard.

Knowing that after this I won't be able to take note of those things anymore pains me more than I could ever put into words. But everything comes to an end one way or another.

"She's gonna be okay. So is Louis. They are stronger than any of us." Jade's voice distracts my thoughts as she sits down beside me.

I keep my focus on the stars, "I know they are. It doesn't make it any less shitty that they are in this situation and we are just sitting here doing nothing."

She sighs, "I know, but there's only so much we can do. We don't know where they are or who has them. Our options are limited. Can you think of anyone who would do this?"

"Yeah tons. But where do we even start? Like you said, our options are limited. They could be out of this damn state by now." That thought makes my stomach churn.

She shakes her head and places her hand on my arm that rests on the windowsill, "Don't think like that. Have hope. You have found her every other time almost always unharmed. We're getting them back no matter what it takes."

"That's the problem, there shouldn't have even been an any other time. And what do you suppose you can do? You don't have practice in this kind of shit." I scoff at her confidence in this situation.

She removes her hand from my arm and crosses her arms over her stomach, "Delilah is my best friend. I will not sit idly by while you guys do something about it, I want to help. Whether you like it or not, I'm here."

I roll my eyes, "That's not what I meant. You don't know how to work a gun. You've never had to fight off or kill someone."

Her eyebrows furrow, "You really think Niall hasn't taught me some moves or how to work a gun? I'm dating a guy that's apart of the mafia and am friends with them. I'm not stupid."

I shrug, "Yeah well it's much scarier in real time than just pretending. You don't want to have to know those things, trust me."

She stands up and holds her hand out in front of me, "Well I do know those things, so you can either sit here and pout or help us figure out how to get the love of your life and best friend back."

Internally I'm rolling my eyes at her attitude but I accept her hand and stand up, we walk to the table they are gathered by and I see a map open on it.

"What's this?" I stand in between Jade and Liam.

"A map of every single street and place in the area, gives us more options on what grounds to cover." Zayn has his hands placed atop the table staring down at the map while everyone else has crossed arms.

I mimic Zayn's stance and scan all the side roads on the map that could lead to a dead end.

"The last time Delilah was taken was with you. Do you remember anything about where that was?" I turn my head to Jade and she stiffens.

"Um, n-not really. Everything was a blur and it was dark."

I narrow my eyes at her reaction to the question, "You don't remember anything? Not even who took you still?"

She shakes her head slightly, "No I never saw them, neither did Delilah. It was really weird."

I don't buy it.

"If there's something you know, you better say it right now." I stand up fully and look down at her with narrowed eyes.

Niall places his hand on my chest, pushing me back slightly, "Mate back off. If she said she doesn't remember, then she doesn't. That has nothing to do with what is going on right now."

I remove his hand from my chest, "We don't know that. If Jade knows something then she needs to spit it out. Who's to say the same person that took them isn't the same person that has her and Louis now?"

Jade looks in between Niall and I with worried eyes. Her mouth opens then closes. She knows something but doesn't want to say it. Or can't.

"Did someone threaten you into not saying something? Did the person who took you guys get inside your head?" I take a step forward closer to her which makes her back up, "No, I-I don't know anything."

She's either protecting someone or was threatened.

"Harry, this isn't the time to be doing this. Let's focus on your girl instead of mine right now, yeah?" Niall steps in between us with arched eyebrows. My jaw clenches as I take a step back, "No, you know what? You guys can sit here with your thumbs in your asses while I'm out there searching every single goddamn place in this city."

I grab my keys on the bed and head for the door, "You're stupid to go out there on your own with no plan." Niall shouts out, "Let him go." Liam mutters to him as I slam the door behind me.

I call Delilah for the seventh time and get the same thing, her voicemail.

I press unlock on the car and start the ignition. Just as I shift it to drive, the passenger door opens.

"What are you doing?" Jade stands at the door.

"I'm coming with you." She hops in the car and buckles.

"No you're not. Stay here with them." I put it back in park and unlock the doors.

"If you want to know what really happened and if I might know something, then you better shut the fuck up and drive." She orders.

My eyes widen at her choice of words, "Alright then." I press the gas and start driving.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

buckle up for the next few chapters...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241 24 21
i'm bored and a really good writer GET THIS A WAtty Emerys life has been hard. with her father's disappearance and her mother's abuse, she's never ex...
60.8K 1.7K 61
SEQUEL TO INSATIABLE. in·iq·ui·ty noun immoral or grossly unfair behavior. To say that Aurora is struggling would be an understatement- truthfully...
56.4K 2.1K 25
Rose Cliffe was forced to move into a new town with her mom and step dad. What she doesn't know is that this town holds a secret from hell and she's...
28 7 5
Louis is a human-demon hybrid with piercings, tattoos-a lot of blood on his hands. he's out to avenge his long dead lover. Then there's Harry- an inn...