LETHAL

By k_angelkook

" A woman is dangerous when armed with beauty and a sense of humour, as she becomes irresistibly attractive."... More

NOTICE
1| CAST AND AESTHETICS
2| CAST AND AESTHETICS
PLAYLIST
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟏
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟐
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟔
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟕
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟖
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟏
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟐
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟔
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟕
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟖
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟏
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟐
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟔
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟕
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟖
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟏
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟐
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟔
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟕
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟗

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟖

673 9 5
By k_angelkook

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖙𝖔 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝕭𝖆𝖑𝖑: 2

𝓚𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

Knock knock.

Knock knock.

"Kristine?"

Knock knock.

"We know you're in there. We hear music."

Knock knock.

"Kristine!"

I heard a notification come in on my phone. 

TEXT

Ashley:

Open the door!

I chuckled. "Oops."

The second I turned to leave my walk-in closet, I stumbled over after accidentally bumping my toe against the corner of the closet table. It hurts more than expected so I hissed at the impact. 

Resume. 

I didn't know how or why, but when I walked past the closet doors, I accidentally knocked my elbow against the handle, "OW!".

Gee, what a morning.

While hopping on one foot and rubbing a hand over my elbow, I made my way towards the room door and unlocked it. 

"Good morning!" I was greeted with Teressa's cheerful voice and a warm bear hug. 

I squeezed her back and smiled at Ashley over her shoulder. "Good morning."

Regardless of how much she tried not to, Ashley broke into a smile at the sight of my vulnerable body engulfed by Teressa's death hug. Don't get me wrong, Teressa's hugs are the best. They easily make you feel better on bad days. However, damn this girl has a tight grip.

"Morning." Ashley took Teressa's place in my arms.

It really was nothing, but to me it was everything and it felt amazing to be hugged by friends. In fact, that was something that should be appreciated by everyone. A hug from a friend. 

"Ok, come on. I'm starving!", Teressa whined and started to pull on my hand.

"Um . . . where are we going?", I asked, idiotically clueless. 

"Breakfast. Duh", Ashley chuckled, "Teressa insisted we come and get you in case you slept in, again. Today . . there's pancakes", she continued with a brief dramatic pause in the last sentence.

"Yes! And I want to murder a whole stack of them", Teressa declared and I grinned at how alike she was to Tamara. These two could get away as sisters. They really could.

I involuntarily chewed on my bottom lip, my grin lingering there as I replied timidly, "Sorry, but I can't . . ", I started and watched as Teressa's mouth began to fall into a frown, "Join you for breakfast", I finished gingerly.

Ashely's brows creased and she crossed her arms over her chest. "Ok something's up."

I smiled until my eyes squinted. "Your brother -" I pointedly looked over at Teressa with my head tilted towards her, "Has requested to have me for the entire day -"  Teressa's eyes brightened, an overly-excited smile gracing across her lips and at the same time Ashely looked thrilled, "Meaning starting from morning to night."

There was only a very brief pause of silence until Teressa completely freaked, in a good way. "Why the heck are you still here?!", she exclaimed. "My brother wants to treat you to breakfast! " Teressa reached to clasp her hands over my shoulders, "And believe me, when it comes to exchanging money for food, that guy does not play around."

I bit my lip to stifle a laugh. That was extremely accurate.

"Just -", Teressa paused while giving me a worried look, "Exercise."

"Wow", Ashley bluntly voiced, looking clearly unamused. 

"Hey, I'm just saying. You know my brother would still look the tiniest bit chubbier like he did when he was little . . if he didn't have such a high metabolism", Teressa informed and I almost chuckled at that. I'd be doomed if my metabolism was low. Eating is sometimes a frequent hobby for me and my sisters as we grew up surrounded by delicious food. We were very fortunate when it to that aspect in life. At least, we were after being taken in by the Valiente's. I couldn't imagine their lives before, mine as well despite possibly being . . . I didn't want to think about it. 

"Your brother doesn't work out?", Ashley looked at Teressa oddly.

"Oh he does. Just . . . not as much as we expect him to", Teressa casually answered, "Ashton's not really a gym kind of guy, but he really does love sports. Especially, basketball. Football, rugby, hockey. He loves it."

I nodded my head, charmed. Ashton did look like an athlete. A gorgeous, perfectly charming athlete, that every teenage girl most likely would melt for. The corners of my mouth tugged  into a smile at the though of him, so so gorgeous. 

"Girl, you've got it bad", I heard Ashley speak and my smile morphed into a grin.

"Yeah, I should be creeped out by a girl smiling while thinking of my brother, but in this case . . . I'm totally fine", Teressa announced, looking pleased with her hands on her hips. 

"Thank god", Ashley snorted and I laughed. 

"Oh my god, what are we even doing? What are you doing?" Teressa looked at me, wide-eyed, "We need to get you ready!"

"Oh here we go", Ashely exhaled, mentally preparing for the girliest thing ever. 

. . . . . . . . . . . 

By girliest thing ever, I meant; picking my outfit, shoes, handbag, jewellery, deciding how to style my hair, what type of makeup look I should go for and what I should smell like. Ok, the last one was a lie. Well, not really. Teressa didn't fail to mention that Ashton loves sweet scents, specifically, vanilla. 

Fortunately for me, it's also my favourite scent. After, jasmines. I wore my usual jasmine scented perfume but coated it over the vanilla essence I sprayed before. The two notes smell deliciously sweet together. I do have a thing for mixing perfume, I thought, proud. 

When I was about to walk pass one of the hallway mirrors, my steps came to a stop when I saw a peek of my own reflection. Attribute to both of the girls, the final decision of today's attire included a soft lavender knitted-cardigan and high-waisted faded blue jeans. Teressa accessorised my fit with a cute hologram crossbody purse that Tamara gifted me once for my 15th birthday and a pair of my LV white leather trainers. To finish my look, I wore some simple gold jewellery and my diamond-ringed wristwatch. My makeup was kept light and natural with an addition of rose shaded lips and my hair was left down in it's loose waves. 

I looked . . . . younger. 

I've never used the hologram clutch because I didn't really enjoy putting bright colours on myself, but it felt refreshing to add some. Briefly, I smiled before resuming my path towards the outdoor corridor that linked the ladies living quarters to the main academy building. 

I saw the sun and felt just a brush of it's rays across my skin before the chill breeze passed. Smiling, I reached a hand up towards the sunlight and played with the threads of its light between my fingers. At the same time, I heard the rustling of leaves around me when the wind returned.

The weather's perfect.

I started walking towards the light and set my hands down onto the corridor bannister as I gazed out at the green fields before me. 

"It's so beautiful here", I breathed. 

My attention went to the vined pillar beside me and the full-bloomed white roses that grew between it's leaves. 

Charles plucked a single white rose off a bush as we strolled past and handed over to me, a glistening look in his hazel eyes, "I happen to be an old-fashioned."

.  .  .  .  .  .  .

I turned to find him staring at the white rose I held between my fingers.

"Do you know the meaning of a white rose?", he asked.

I shook my head.

"It means many things", he said. Slowly, he raised his eyes to meet mine, looking vulnerable and lost. "Hope . . respect", he told and then whispered, "Love."

My fingers brushed over the roses' petals.

"You see how lucky you are?  Kristine? You're lying in a bed of roses."

 I braced my hands onto the table's edge and pushed my seat back before abruptly standing up. As I walked away, I said . . . .

"With thorns."

My index finger traced the outline until I trailed lower to its stem.

Liquid pooled in my eyes, my vision turning blur as I swallowed down a sob. 

"There's no thorns", I merely whispered after the realisation soaked in. 

Maybe, if I allowed myself to do so, I could make a bed out of these roses. Thornless and beautiful. And in another life, I could've possibly laid in it. Forever.

Before I drowned myself in my own darkness, a pair of familiar arms wrapped around me from behind and I was engulfed with his scent, his warmth, his aura. His everything. 

His arms clutched together over my stomach, his hold tightening as he pulled me back into his chest and rested his chin on my shoulder.

He didn't say anything. 

I felt the soft movement of his chest against my back as he breathed and the brush of his silk hair against my jawline before he lovingly kissed my cheek. 

Without realising, a tear fell. 

This . . . .

It feels like being saved.

Ironic much? Since these past years, all I've been doing was saving myself.

Carefully, I felt his hands come down to my waist and easily he turned me around so that we were facing each other. However, instead of looking up at him, I kept my eyes locked onto his shoulder. 

He breathed out, slowly, before bringing his hands to cup over my jaw and tilt my face upwards. I took in a deep silent breath when our eyes met because that was his door. Through my eyes, he could see it all. 

It was touching to see how concerned he looked but at the same time, it angered me that I was the reason he looked afraid.His fingers were soft and warm as they faintly brushed over my cheek, the cheek he kissed and the cheek stained with my one tear. 

"What's wrong, lovely?", he very softly asked.

"Nothing", I sighed and flickered my eyes towards the ceiling, blinking away what's left of my tears . I wiped my cheek with the back of my fingers and with no humour present, chuckled, "It's nothing."

Ashton reached for me and I paid very close attention at the feeling of his fingers sliding over my wrist until he enveloped my hand in his. He aligned his eyes with mine, looking with extreme intent before taking both my hands. His expression was unreadable but if I knew any better, I'd say he looked . . . hurt. While softly stroking my hands, he painfully said, "Don't do that."

I blinked. "Do what?"

He faintly grinned as if he found my question silly, but it wasn't the charming grin I was used to. It was sad. "Forcing yourself to act ok."

My breath was caught. 

The tears started to come back but they didn't fall. 

I was breathing heavily when Ashton and I stared back at each other, unblinking, with an intensity so deep we both fell speechless. 

"Are you really alright?", he asked softly, making me look up at him and realising just how close we were. His ocean blue eyes looking in my brown ones.

When I was about to answer, his thumb move against the curve of my waist - sending sparks through the entirety of my body.

"Don't tell me you are, I know you're not", he whispered.

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine."

He's not an easy one to lie to, but then again, I'm not very good at lying. Well, not all the time at least.

I was beginning to feel all the emotions that I've forbade myself to feel. Everything I've felt before Ashton Lennox I was starting to forget, because all I could wrap my head around were the feelings that over-whelmed me during him. 

He's making feel again, step by step.

Before I could process another thought, I had brought myself up to stand on my toes and pressed my lips to his. His lips, softer than anything I've ever got the privilege to know. Soft like the clouds and soft like biting into cotton candy. Sweet too. He tasted so pleasantly sweet.

Ashton moved his lips over mine, so delicate and slow, as if my lips were the last thing he'd like to savour before the whole world perished. This was a gentle kiss. One that made my heart soft and brought my soul to peace.

My arms went around his neck and I smiled as we kissed each other with more devotion. A passion so bright it lighten the atmosphere around us. The kiss made everything fade away, my past, my secrets and my fears. Even if not entirely, it faded. 

I left barely an inch between our lips when I whispered, "That was your "Good morning" kiss."

He smiled, his dimple blessing my view. Ashton kissed me once more before saying, "Morning, lovely."

I smiled back. 

Momentarily, I glanced down and bit my bottom lip. When I raised my eyes to look back at Ashton, I was compelled with this feeling of truth and assurance. "The rose had no thorns", I casually began to say, "Back at home, in our garden, we have rose bushes. When I was a little, I remember pricking my finger on one of it's thorns and in that moment . . . . I just watched the blood pool on my skin and wondered . . how can something so beautiful be dangerous?", I sighed and gestured towards the white roses next to us. "I guess I just got a little too dramatic and emotional seeing that the rose was thornless." I forced a smile and said, "It just feels nice to not get prick and have my blood spilled for once, that's all."

Ashton returned a soft smile and gathered me closer. With his arms tight around my lower back and his face tucked into the crook of my neck, I rested my chin on his shoulder and held him just as strong. 

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  

"Ok, Mr Lennox, as requested you have me for the whole day. What plans do you have in mind?", I began to speak as we both walked hand in hand down the corridor before descending down the staircase. 

"Well if we're talking about letting the day go according to plan, let's just say we've already went off plan", he replied in an amused tone. 

A crease formed between my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"Well the original plan was that I'd pick you up at your doorstep but after a couple of knocks, I figured that you weren't there", he chuckled and my mouth carved into an O shape.

"Sorry. . ." I peered up at him apologetically through the corners of my eyes. 

He grinned back and leaned to kiss my temple. "No worries, lovely", he replied against my hair before pulling back, "If anything, you kind of taught me something."

The crease on my forehead returned as I tilted to look at him, I quietly snorted, "And that is? What?"

He stopped on the next step, making me a few inches taller than him as I stood on one step higher and looked back up at me over his shoulder. I silently watched as that heart-stopping grin spread across his gorgeous face before he said, "That some things are better left unplanned", he paused and watched my reaction, "If things went as planned, I wouldn't have gotten to see you . . .  just standing there. Looking so devastatingly beautiful under the sun", he dramatically added with a palm placed over his heart, but there was this dreamy glow in his eyes as he gazed at me that proved he meant it. 

I chuckled, nonetheless, and tried to ignore the flutters inside me  , "That's not a very interesting view, Ashton."

"Well, I'd say otherwise. It's one of my favourite views", he casually replied with his grin never fading, his ocean eyes shining.

No matter how hard I tried not to, I smiled in return with a soft shake of my head, utterly flustered by Ashton bloody Lennox. 

"Now", Ashton began, "First to the car gets to drive", was the last thing he said and I barely had the chance to register his words before he dashed down the remaining steps andcharged towards the academy doors,

"What?!", I exclaimed, momentarily taken aback before sprinting down the rest of the staircase, taking two steps at a time and racing to catch up with Ashton without paying a single attention to the looks I received as I carelessly ran with my long untied hair flowing behind me. 

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

"I'm sorry", Ashton kissed my hand and kept our hands locked while he used his free hand to steer the wheel, "I shouldn't have made you run. I forgot that you didn't even have breakfast yet . . . right?"

I nodded like a little child. 

Ashton's smile was softer than a feather. He pecked the crown of my head and said, "I know just the right place."

"Great." I copied his smile and sighed contently before bringing my attention away from my irresistible boyfriend to look out the passenger seat window. A smile played on my lips at the feeling of Ashton's fingers intertwined with mine as I looked outside, not even for a second did his hold loosened. 

"You excited for the ball, babe?", I heard Ashton ask and looked back at him before responding. 

I smiled a little wider at the thought of dancing with him at the Royal ball, me in some fancy ball gown that Sophia insisted on altering and him all black-tied and gorgeous. "Yeah, I am."

He grinned back in response and gave my hand a squeeze. My eyes remained glued onto his smile and I wondered if he's always like this. I've never seen him without his charming facade or without that dazzling smile of his. He's always so upbeat, carefree and full of spirit. If he wasn't smiling, he'd be laughing and I loved that about him. He was the brightness I'd wish to live my life around. The light that shined when my rain came down. 

Maybe I was staring at him for too long, I didn't know nor did I care, Ashton was one nobody could resist looking at. Even, myself. Especially, myself. I don't think I'd ever get tired of watching Ashton Lennox. However, with my eyes locked on his angel-blessed face, I noticed the shaky intake of breath he took. 

"Is something wrong?", I asked in an extremely soft manner, the question sounding like a purr almost. I wet my lips when I noticed the throbbing of Ashton's pulse on his neck, he merely chuckled and tugged on his bottom lip with his teeth before answering. 

"You're making me nervous, baby", he said using a throaty voice that caused a trillion butterflies to erupt in my stomach, hell I felt the whole zoo at how honest he was and that he called me baby. I was the one who made him nervous, but his last phrase threw me off so hard, our roles suddenly reversed. I was the one flustered now. Ashton wore that boyish smile on his face when he flashed me a quick look of amazement. "Although I have to say, I like you staring at me."

My mouth turned upwards, "How could I not?"

Ashton's smile was beaming when he looked at me again and mine was too after seeing the bright look in his eyes. I didn't think my response would've effected him this much since I was positive, Ashton was used to being stared at. However, I thought otherwise after seeing how I flattered him. I did.

I lifted my chin and Ashton was more than happy to give me a brush of a kiss, a soft giggle left myself after finding how sweet the action was. Ashton added a peck on the tip of my nose before forcing himself to return his attention on the road. Quote, forced himself to. I grinned to myself when Ashton shifted in his seat under my watch. After knowing how I made him feel, all I could do was leave my eyes focused on him and only him. 

"You know . . .  we may find ourselves getting into an accident", he warned, sounding the tiniest bit amused still.

"Better focus on the road then", I impishly returned, never tearing my gaze away from him.

Ashton visibly exhaled a long breath, his fingers tapping on the steering wheel. I had no idea who's luck made it happen but the next thing we knew, the upcoming traffic light turned red. "Finally", he breathed, catching my face in his hand and urgently bringing his mouth down to mine, silencing my blissful laugh. His mouth moved fast, needy and oh so deliciously hungry over mine that for sure by the time the light turns green, we'd both be breathless. 

I wasn't wrong.

Ashton's annoyance was clearer than day when a car honk rang through the air, breaking up our little session and I couldn't hold back my chuckle. My boyfriend groaned and before reluctantly pulling away, he clawed at my hair and gave me one last hard kiss on my already swollen lips. I was still in a daze when Ashton glared through the rear view mirror before driving again. 

"If staring at you gets you to kiss me like that . . . I'll ogle you 24/7", I said, humorously.

"I'm not complaining", he replied a little too casually, sounding extremely pleased with the idea. "And just to make things clear", he began to say, huskier, "All I have on my mind right now is kissing you like that again and I'm not planning on that being the last time I ever do. Actually . . . that's all I want to do whenever I look at you, whether it's a sweet kiss that makes your heart melt or a fucking hot kiss that drives you wild  . ." He shared me a glance, one that made my heart pound faster than it already was, "I can't even remember a time when I looked at you and didn't want to have that sexy mouth of yours on mine." My face was scorching hot and I'm positive my heart has abruptly loss it's function to beat at a normal rate. "And staring at me wouldn't make much difference baby, I'm kissing you like that whether you ask for it or not because that will always be on my to-do list even when you're not around", he proclaimed at the same time his hold on my hand tightened, not too much until it hurt but just enough to assure him that I was around. That I was still there next to him. 

I deeply swallowed, the sound of me doing so louder than I'd expect it to and I found myself awestruck while at a loss of words. 

"How do you know a sweet kiss makes my heart melt?", was all I could find myself to say.

"Because yours makes mine", he answered without a beat of hesitation and sparing me a look that indicated he meant it. 

That's it. I've officially forgotten how to use my heart and have lost the ability to bring air into my lungs all at once. 

Sweet kisses weren't the only things that made my heart melt.

A few minutes later

I moaned.

"Babe, you can't do this to me", Ashton groaned and being as dramatic as I was, intentionally knocked his head onto the brick wall beside us, shielding the front part of his body from everyone. 

My laughter was muffled by the large bite of breakfast burrito inside my mouth. "Sorry", I mumbled between chewing. 

 Ashton's response was an exaggerated sigh and I knew he was playing around at the sight of his fleer grin. I raised my eyebrows and bit another mouthful of my burrito, licking the baked beans sauce from the corner of my lip after. It was apparently a traditional full English breakfast stuffed into a tortilla wrap, bake beans, scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, mushrooms and some sauce that was a spot on addition. This is why I love breakfast.

"Like it, lovely?", Ashton asked amusingly.

I paused midway from taking another bite and looked over at Ashton who appeared very much entertained by watching me eat. To my surprise, I wasn't entirely fazed by his gaze since it's always been so soft and warm that I felt more comfortable than self-conscious. While chewing still, I nodded repeatedly to emphasise I liked it a lot.  Ashton chuckled at my enthusiastic reaction and stepped closer to give me a light kiss, my eyes widened for a split second in shock. 

"I taste like breakfast", I grumbled with my lips resting in its signature pout. 

Ashton choked on what might have been a laugh and I quietly snorted as well after recalling what I just said. While Ashton's head shook side to side in disbelief, he simply chuckled, "Delicious",  and his grin was wider than ever when he kissed me again. Unlike previously, this one lasted a little longer. Ashton's hand found its place on my jaw to hold me in place as he softly locked our lips in a lingering kiss. 

It wasn't necessary for either of us to peak an eye open to know that we had gathered the attention of those around us, but neither did he or I cared.

His hands came down to my waist, pulling my body flushed against his. He gently sucked on my bottom lip and my head fell back as I broke into a chorus of giggles while Ashton continued to leave a trail of playful kisses down my arched neck, "Oh god, this is cringey even for me", I softly laughed, referring to his previous response. Even if I'd eaten garlic, I'm sure Ashton would kiss me unfazed. 

"Get you used to it, baby", he spoke lowly into my ear, "I'm gonna be saying lots of cringey things if the sight of you blushing is what I get in return." I was already flushed with red when he pecked my cheek before mentioning, "It's fucking adorable."

Ashton Lennox will be the death of me. 

I inhaled a stuttering a breath before Ashton hooked an arm over my shoulders and took us for a stroll down the street. 

"Want a bite?", I offered him. Ashton glanced down at the burrito I held in my hand before narrowing his eyes at me. In response, I rolled my eyes and assured, "It's a genuine offer."

"Hmm . . . ", he pondered for a moment and I caught a glimpse of that mischievousness beginning to appear on his face, "You know, you pulled away twice that day", he dead-panned while holding two fingers up. 

Dramatically, my face fell and I took in a sharp intake of air through my nose."Take the offer, Mr Lennox. I'm not very generous when it comes to food", I counterfeit seriousness.

A corner of Ashton's lip twitched. "Your glare's cute", he left a quick kiss on the top of my head, leaving me stunned. While I was left unblinking, Ashton swoop down to take his bite. 

Cute. My glares weren't cute, if anything they terrified people. Usually. I know I was faking my previous one but my glares were generally lifeless and dead. Menacing. Not cute. My face scrunched in confusion, meaning my lips fell into its usual pout that apparently Ashton couldn't resist kissing. 

"No pouting, unless you want me to keep kissing you", he pointedly said and my eyebrows raised thoughtfully, my lips rubbing against each other. He seemed delighted and all the same  frustrated by my tempted reaction, "I wouldn't be able to stop myself you know", he mentioned in warning.

I couldn't suppress my grin. "I wouldn't ask you to", was my reply.

He groaned and levered me in closer to nuzzle against his side. "You really know how to tempt me, lovely", he murmured and I laughed aloud. 

God damn, it should be illegal for Ashton to smile this wide. It should also be against the laws for him to sweetly kiss me on the lips, but that's what he's been doing since the day had begun and it wasn't about to end any soon. 

Thank god. 

"So where are we heading, Mr Lennox?", I asked after devouring my breakfast treat from Ashton and throwing away the foil wrapper in a nearby bin. It was pointless offering to pay for a meal whenever it came to Ashton. Guess I just have to trick my way around him like I did before. I'll  be sure to keep that in mind. I reached for his hand, feeling like it was the most casual thing to do, and he gladly took mine. My heart fluttered when he purposefully intertwined our fingers together, keeping our hands locked as we ventured through the streets of London.

"Thats . . . a surprise", his lips spread into a sly smile and my eyebrows lowered in suspicion, however at the same time, my pulse quickened in excitement. 

A horrific thought came in and without thinking I fearfully said, "Please tell me the surprise doesn't involve us sketching anyone naked."

Ashton's bark of laughter rang through the street and received a startled glance from a frail older woman walking passed us in response. Oh god, I felt bad for her. Oddly, she reminded me of those grandmothers. The ones who loved spending time with their grandchildren and was always confused whenever using a modern gadget a family relative introduced them to. My imaginations were weird. 

"Wow, that's an . . .  interesting option", Ashton chuckled, looking more amused than ever before that mischievous of his look made a dramatic return. "Why? Would you like to sketch me, lovely? Naked? ", he added with his voice dipped into a seductive tone that caused my skin to heat to the point I felt suffocated under my layers of clothes. With a failed attempt of hiding how effected I was by his erotic suggestion, all I could do was give an annoyed punch to his chest, not sparing him a glance as I tried to hide my blush by looking the other way. Ashton laughed and pulled on my hand to face him, "Kidding! Babe, I'm kidding" When I finally looked at him, he gave a grin that made my stomach flip,  "I'd rather sketch you, naked."

My eyes widened. "Ashton!"

"Joking", Ashton playfully rolled his eyes, smiling and looking so handsome it over-whelmed me. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders to have me closer beside him and lowly spoke against my hair, "My art skills are way too poor to do your beauty justice, lovely."

And there goes my heart. Melting into nothing but mush. A puddle of mush. Was it weird I felt the sudden crave for mushy peas? I may have just demolished an entire breakfast burrito but there's rarely a time when I'm not in the mood for fish & chips. I get weirder by the day. 

The flattery caused my head to drop in shyness and miserably, I failed not smiling. I felt Ashton press a kiss on my head and I tilted up at him to have our foreheads graze each other. "So shall we stick to the first option?", he smirked.

"Ashton", I whined, giggling and he rubbed his nose over mine affectionately, giving me the sweetest of smiles while doing so. I leaned back first, remainders of my smile lingering, "You know it's not funny. I read this book once where the couple went on a first date and were required to produce a sketch of a guy, who was completely naked. As in . . dick out."

Ashton's body shook with silent laughter.

"Seriously! One of the character's in the book, a friend of the couple, who was there with his date, pretty much a double date, not relevant, I know. Anyways, he just so happened to be a really good artist slash visionary slash creative and decided to give the guy a sword in replacement of his dick."

Now that gave Ashton's laugh a real boost, his contagious laughter becoming a drug to my ears since I found myself becoming addicted to it.  

"Oh god, I love that", Ashton choked between laughs, "Dick swords."

I chuckled, "Yup, pretty sure he added gemstones to the handle. We can officially conclude the guy has jewels."

Understanding drew in on Ashton's face after a brief pause and then I was blessed with a snort, the two of us laughing together. 

"I have got  to understand more of UK's slangs". Ashton huffed. "Some, I don't think I'll ever get", he confessed. 

I hummed, "Well some are pretty understandable, guess we could say a male's genitals are literally their crown jewels."

Ashton silently laughed, "Well don't go thinking of mine as a sword, don't want to scare you away."

The roles reversed, now it was my turn to snort at the sudden mentioning. "I don't think imagining your sex as a sword is what's required to scare me away", I grinned and flickered my eyes down towards his package that caused my tongue to wet my bottom lip. 

Ashton gasped, "Babe." 

I bursted into laughter at the sight of Ashton's dramatic representation of shock, his lips parted and eyes widened so large they almost popped out of their sockets. Once I calmed myself down, I grinned and added, "You know . . .  if we went with option one . . we'd be doing much more than just sketching."

My eyes watched fixedly as Ashton's expression blurred into a mixture of temptation and desire, setting sparks of anticipation throughout my body. I bit my bottom lip the same time he leaned his head down to touch our foreheads. "Same with option two",  he said raspily and I felt the heat of his hand slide beneath my cardigan, touching my bare lower back. I faintly gasped at the sudden skin to skin contact. Just the simple touch of his knuckles running down the curve of my waist was enough to light my skin on fire, my breathing turning heavier. When his fingers began caressing in place, I took in a shaky breath. "I love that I do this to you, lovely", he lowly spoke into my ear. 

I knew what he meant but still I asked in a meek voice, "Do what?"

"Make you all nervous", he began to say while never letting his gaze leave mine, "Red", he said as his eyes trailed over my face and stopping at my parted lips, "Needy", he breathed.

Jesus, now I'm turned on. 

It took a great amount of restraint to not grab Ashton then and continue what we left in his car. All I wanted to do in that moment was kiss him senselessly and show him just how desperate I was for him.

Suddenly, Ashton smiled, his current demeanour becoming a complete contrast to his previous one. "Breathe, lovely", he pulled me in so that my face came in contact with the comfort of his chest, "Don't want you fainting on me", he joked in a light manner. 

I almost did. 

While we both resumed our walk, Ashton spoke, "You've read some pretty interesting books, babe", he pointed out and I nodded.

 "I admit, I have."

I heard Ashton hum. "Do you have a favourite book?"

"I have multiple", I replied in a flat tone and Ashton chuckled. "It's crazy hard to pick. I've read so many good books in the past few years."

"Like what?", Ashton asked, sounding genuinely curious.

I hesitated. 

"Hey, tell me", Ashton encouraged while tilting his head to look down at my face and my lip twitched at the soft tone he used. 

"It's just a collection of simple romance books . . . ", I murmured.

"Is that your favourite genre? Romance?", he grinned.

Slowly, I nodded. "Love poetry, love romance."

"What kind of romance?",  Ashton pushed, grinning wider and wider.

I licked the corner of my lip and abruptly stopped walking, Ashton coming into step beside me. When I turned to look up at him, I placed a hand on his chest and stood on my toes so that our gazes were pinned. "The kind that wonders me, Mr Lennox", I said, smiling.

Ashton was at a loss for words while he stared very keenly into his eyes. I've always been a firm believer of the saying that eyes tell a story and I've also believed in the quote that "Eyes are captivatingly beautiful.Not because of the colour but because of the words they hold within them." However it must be said, I deeply appreciate the gorgeous ocean colour of Ashton's eyes. Colour earns some credit for being excruciatingly beautiful. Our eyes remained locked as our time stopped and the world carried on without us. We allowed it to.

"You ready to be wondered, lovely?", was all he asked before giving me a brazen smile. "Prepare yourself", he began to say and pressed his forehead to mine, "I'm about to give you a day you'll never forget."

I pray I won't.

.   .   .  .  .  .  .  .  

How could I forget?

How on Earth could anyone forget their first ever visit to the famed Warner Bros Studio: The Making of Harry Potter. *Inserts ?*

The answer's easy, nobody can. 

𝓐𝓼𝓱𝓽𝓸𝓷

"Oh my god! Is that the Elder wand?" Kristine lunged across the room towards the wooden shelf that displayed rows of boxed wands and I chuckled at her enthusiasm. I walked over to stand beside her and fondly watched the sight of her excitement radiate through her beautiful face. She was glowing so bright, it hurt to look at her. So fucking beautiful. 

My mouth curved into a grin when I burst her bubble, "You do know it's a replica toy . . right?" I loved playing around with her, the expressions she gave me was always a sight to admire such as the one she was giving me now. She gasped with her eyes widened and a hand placed on her chest to mimic offence .

"Ashton! There are firm believers around here", she whisper yelled and I nearly doubled-over as my laugh threatened to escape. 

"Such as yourself?"

"Should have asked my younger self", she replied and I merely chuckled.

For a second I glanced over Kristine's shoulder and caught some guy who looked our age looking at her, correction staring. He was standing amongst a small group of male friends who were talking among themselves until he said something that made them all look towards our direction, specifically her. The guy acted oblivious to my presence next to her and continued gawking at my girlfriend. Also, the smirks his friends had on their faces made me feel something I've never felt before. Pure, hot jealousy and I hated it. I hated him for looking at Kristine. 

Almost by instinct, I stepped closer to my girl and wrapped an arm around her waist. A sudden protectiveness consuming me. A protectiveness over her.  When I was about to kiss her, I was shocked she beat me to it. I didn't care though. I kissed her back with all I had. I honestly didn't give a shit if gawky over there was watching or not, all I cared about was her. The taste of her. The feeling of her in my arms. Her. 

I didn't fucking care if she belonged to Xavier, Nicholas or Charles.

She was mine. 

So I'll fucking kiss her like she was. 

Mine. 

"Satisfied?", she said with her lips brushed over mine.

My eyebrows furrowed but then one look at her proud smile told me everything, "How did you-"

"I noticed", she said and shrugged with one shoulder. "I'm with you, Ashton Lennox. I couldn't give a care about anyone else."

Fucking christ. I can't believe this women was mine. 

"Now . . ", she paused to reach over for my hand, "Let's continue shopping because there's so many things I want."

I chuckled and smiled warmly at the girl who stole my fucking heart. "Whatever you want, lovely. It's yours."

𝓚𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

I literally got every Harry Potter souvenir I could ever want, courtesy of the boyfriend who forbids me to pay for anything of course. I practically sprinted for the cashier but Ashton was quick to snatch the credit card out of my hand, only to replace it with his. 

"You're unbelievable", I scoffed while assisting Ashton with his Gryffindor scarf, wrapping it around his neck like how I did for mine. I finally found out which house he belonged in and joy was what I felt after finding out we were both Gryffindors. However, to make sure, I proposed taking the Potterhead quiz which Ashton did without objection. Weird, I'd pictured him as a Hufflepuff but still, I was more than happy to have him as a Gryffindor. 

"Keep trying, babe. I find it cute when you do", he teased and I rolled my eyes. 

"You find everything I do cute, Mr Lennox", I replied before tapping on his nose, realising that's what he always did to me. If it wasn't a tap, it was a kiss. 

He made an error sound. "Wrong. Some things you do I find cute, others I find hot", he smirked with a sensual caress up the back of my thigh that had goosebumps setting on my skin.  "Ok, now to complete the look." Ashton reached inside the plastic shopping bag to pull out the round costume glasses. I raised an eyebrow when he handed it to me.

"You want me to help you put on a pair of glasses?", I asked in disbelief. 

"In hopes your fingers touch my hair, skin, anywhere. I'll take those chances", he nodded and I smiled, bewildered.

"You . . really are unbelievable", I chuckled and nevertheless slid the glasses on him. My fingers ended up brushing his temple, accidentally. Not.

"I know I probably look more like a Ron, but for today . . . please let me be Harry Potter", he pouted and my smile reached my eyes. 

"You can be whatever character you want to be", I said in return and turned on the selfie mode on my phone camera to show Ashton his reflection. "And today, my love, you are Harry Potter.".

Ashton froze.

"What?", I asked, concerned.

He blinked. "You . . .ah nothing", he looked downwards and scratched the back of his neck, my eyes unable to ignore the red flush that suddenly appeared on his skin. 

I puckered my lips, knowing very well what I did as the realisation came in a while after I said it, I called him "my love"and it sounded right. 

"Ah", I squeaked after remembering, "We forgot the most important thing." I disappeared for a few seconds and returned not long later with a black marker in hand. "One lighting bolt, coming right up."

I had already lowered Ashton's head to get a clearer angle when he grumbled, "It better not be permanent."

"Let's hope not." Then, I carefully drew a single lightning bolt exactly where it should be, on his forehead replicating the iconic scar on the one and only Harry Potter. "Voila", I once again revealed his final look through my phone camera.

This time, Ashton smiled, looking incredibly satisfied. However, I wasn't mentally prepared for him to reach out and affectionately caress the top of my head. My heart pounded and thumped louder when he said, "It's perfect, lovely. Well done." 

I blinked.

"Well done."

I . . . I was softened. Such simple words but yet . .  I was engulfed with a warmth that was long gone inside of me and just by saying those words, Ashton had find his way to touch my soul. It doesn't matter how far you've accomplished in life, it still means a lot to know that your simplest efforts are appreciated by someone and it feels good to be proud of. Whether it was his words or the genuinity of them that touched me,  something in me cracked right open. I'm pretty sure it was my heart.  

"Now, are we ready to continue our tour?", I excitedly asked to hide how emotional I was getting and Ashton lowered his brows at me.

"Not without our wands", he announced and retrieved the two boxes from our bag. I initially wanted the Elder wand because let's admit, it's cool and belonged to Dumbledore. However, Ashton insisted I also buy Hermione's so that I'd accurately play her role today. Ashton bought Harry's wand so it ended with us purchasing three wands. I'll use Hermione's as a prop for now while I'll save the Elder wand for my collection. 

"Ready?", I held my wand up between us, smiling in eagerness.

Ashton, of course, returned my smile with his and clicked our wands together. "Ready."

We both were in our Harry Potter spirits as we ventured through the studio while dressed in our Hogwarts cloaks, house scarfs and wands in hand. I've dreamed of doing things like this and now I was experiencing it. Ashton and I ticked off every possible thing I'd been wanting to do in this studio which included taking a storage-warning amount of pictures/selfies, visiting Diagon Alley, the Great Hall, Platform 9 3/4, purchasing an insane load of sweets from Honey Dukes Sweet Shop, over-shopping at the souvenir store and dressing up as Hogwarts students. However, there was one last thing we needed to do. 

"I've always wondered how this would taste like", I mentioned while cupping the mug of Butterbeer between my hands.

"Well, we're about to find out lovely", Ashton smiled and raised his mug, "Cheers."

I gladly clacked my mug with his and we both took our first sip in unison. My eyes widened, "Wow. That's good", I said, licking my upper lip before taking another gulp. I heard the sound of a camera click and glanced over at Ashton who was sitting opposite me with his iPhone in hand.

"Keep ~ drinking", he ordered with a soft smile playing on his lips.

 "What are you doing?"

"Exposing you for underage drinking", he casually replied and received a kick on the leg. "Ow! Kidding, babe", he said lightly, chuckling. 

"Yeah, better be. Plus, the word Butterbeer is clearly written on the mug", I pointed with my finger, playing along. 

"Like anyone would zoom in that close to look at a mug when you're in the picture", he merely responded, his smile forging into his usual grin. 

"Always a charmer", I sighed, shaking my head. 

"Only for you", he grinned and lifted his phone so that I was in the camera view. I was in the middle of sipping my beer when he said, "Now, smile." I swallowed and the audible sound of it made me giggle, Ashton too. While I was highly aware of the foam coating my upper lip, my first response was to leave it and give a closed-lip smile. The camera clicked before Ashton threw his head back, laughing. "That's so cute!" He showed me the picture and I laughed at the sight of my startled eyes and foam moustache.

"Don't you dare post that."

"Uploading onto Instagram", he announced while beginning to tap away on his iPhone. I kicked him in the shin, again. "Ow. Babe", he whined and brought a hand down beneath the table, "That actually hurts." My eyes widened after seeing the pained expression on his face, oh shit.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry." I literally jumped out of my seat to kneel by him who had a hand rubbing over his calve. He groaned and my anxiety escalated. I know I can be a little rough, but hurting Ashton was the last thing I'll ever want. Delicately, I rested a hand on his knee and looked up at him with panicked eyes. "Does it really hurt?", I asked, worried. 

My eyes was met with Ashton's wounded look before suddenly his frown began curving into a sarcastic smile. "No." 

Blink.

"Fuck you", I scowled.

"Shhh. Babe, there are kids around." He wrapped a hand around the base of my neck, pulling my forehead to his and laughing softly when I left a weak slap on his thigh. 

I glared at him, "That's not funny."

"Nah, what's funny are the looks we're getting at you kneeling in front of me like this", he chuckled, looking charmingly wicked and I never though such look was possible, but Ashton pulled it off effortlessly well.  It made him look all the more attractive and my mind drifted to . . . oh dear god . . thoughts. But then, I processed his words . . . "at you kneeling in front of me" and realised . . . oh fuck.  At an angle, it may as well look like I was . . . . . fuck fuck fuck . . .it looked like I was publicly giving a fucking blowjob. "Should I just moan for the sake of seeing their reactions?", he asked, smirking in the most mischievous way possible. 

"Careful, there are kids watching", I warned before gritting through my teeth, "You better run, Mr Lennox."

Ashton's eyes widened and the next thing that happened was an impossibly accurate representation of chaos. 

"I'm going to kill you!", I threatened the moment the two of us stormed out the cafe door. "Ashton!", I yelled, unintentionally laughing as I zig-zaged through the flood of visitors. In a distance, I caught a peek of Ashton's goldish-brown hair as he was taller than most people around us. He looked over his shoulder for a short moment, his eyes clashing with mine and I saw a glimpse of his dashing smile before he made a run towards the alley. I can't believe this.

I followed after him. 

We were back in the Diagon Alley set. Honestly, this was my favourite set throughout the entire studio. The rich details of the buildings actually convinced me that I fell into the Harry Potter universe and I loved the feeling of being transported into a world filled with magic. I continued my search for Ashton within the crowd, head turning towards every direction until a gasp escaped my lips as I was suddenly engulfed between strong arms and lifted off my feet. 

"Please don't kill me", I heard him mumble against my neck.

My breathing was rapid as my shock hadn't recover from the sudden out-of-literal-nowhere impact and the feeling of his lips brushing across my skin was not helping in slowing my heart rate. I exhaled a breath before wrapping my arms around him in return and chuckled, "Jesus, Ashton, you nearly gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry", he breathed and I faintly gasped when he kissed my beating pulse. 

"You know, that's not helping", I said. Ashton chuckled, the huskiness of it nearly making me beg to just hear it again. 

My feet remained hovering above the ground as Ashton kept his firm hold around my body and my arms rested around the area of his neck. He pecked my jaw and said, "Forgive me?"

"For which part?", I narrowed my eyes. 

"All of it", he replied, pressing his forehead to mine. 

I hummed, thinking. "Make me." Bingo. That gold comeback rewarded me with one of Ashton's many irresistible grins. "Gladly", he said before he leaned in and kissed me the way his to-do list promised. My whole soul roared in triumph. Every time I shared a kiss with Ashton, it felt like that first kiss. Like golden sparks setting of finside me. He kissed me me with a yearning that had me clinging on to him for balance and my head swayed in heavy delight. The taste of his vanilla, honey and that hint of Butterbeer, absolute heaven.

Hold the front door.

With a gasp, I broke away and Ashton looked at me worried. "What's wrong?"

My mouth fell open and closed, speechless for the first few seconds before saying, "We forgot to pay."

Silence . . . . 

We both burst into a fit of laughter.

Even though I wasn't counting, I was certain that today was the day I laughed more than I ever did before. And I was laughing with Ashton. The two of us must've been delirious because we couldn't stop laughing and acted oblivious to the stares we recieved. We were laughing and laughing when our eyes clicked. His eyes were soft as they looked in mine until they burned with a passion and fondness that made my heart drum louder in my chest. That look . . . that's the look of falling - wait a minute . . . . the realisation hit us both at the same time. 

"Race you to the cashier", I stated and made a lazy attempt in flying out of Ashton's arms, which I failed pathetically.

"I don't think so, lovely", he grinned and tightened his hold me. I sighed. Why bother? My feet weren't even touching the bloody floor. "We're both going", he said and before I could protest he took me by surprise when he began walking with me still in his arms. This was probably the weirdest position to carry anyone, an equivalent to being carried over the shoulder except my upper body rested against his chest instead. Weird. Position.

"Ashton -"

"I'm not putting you down", he intercepted, grinning from ear to ear, "You know it'll be easier if you just straddled me", he said, sounding all innocent but the thoughts that entered my mind at the term straddle were far from it. I could feel my cheeks heat up. 

"I'll look like a baby", I groaned. This can't be happening. I've officially sunk this low in a relationship. Mentally, I cried. 

"Well you are, my baby", he declared, wearing a sly grin when he playfully pinched my cheek.

I scrunched my face. "Cringe ~"

"And yet, you're blushing", the corner of his lips only curved up higher the moment I scowled and his chest vibrated with laughter when I buried my flustered face in his neck. I hate you, Ashton. I hate you for making me like this. I hate you for making me feel this. Feeling things I've never felt before and certainly wasn't ready for. 

My hands clung onto him and I released a breath at the crook of his neck, the action making Ashton shiver and I grinned against his skin. Guess we both made each other feel things. While my fingers smoothed over the material of his cloak, I couldn't help but timidly ask, "Aren't I heavy?"

"Oh my god. Babe, call the police!", Ashton suddenly exclaimed and I became alarmed. 

"What? What happened?", I frantically questioned and began whipping my head to look ahead of us when Ashton said . . . 

"You committed a crime."

My eyebrows deeply furrowed. "What?"

He titled his face to look at me, innocently. "You asked that question."

My mouth was left parted as I stared at him. I didn't know what to do, laugh, smile or smack him in the head for making me panic. 

I went for neither. 

Instead, I leaned in and brushed my lips over his forehead. 

A rumble left Ashton's throat, amusement written all over his face until my sincere eyes collided with his. All the humour began to fade away as his eyes melted into a softness lighter than the air we breathed and asked in a hushed voice, "Could you do that again?" I breathed out through my nose and smiled, shaking my head softly. Ashton only chuckled and ran the tip of his nose down the bridge of mine. "You weight nothing, lovely", he said, earnestly, "The only thing you carry is your golden heart, your beauty and glowing spirit and believe me . . .  they weigh less than the air I'm forced to breathe into my lungs."

Oh fucking christ, I want to die. 

If I didn't force myself, I'm pretty sure I would've teared up right there and then. Emotions swelled inside of me and I knew bottling it all up wasn't healthy, but at this moment . . .  I didn't what to do. 

And I felt sick. 

The kind of sick I knew I'd feel forever. 

I'd been effected with a sickness that I knew had no cure.

Ashton's mouth quirked upwards. "I need to feed you more." His grin came back along with his lightness. "After paying, I'll treat you to some of the best fish & chips in town. How does that sound?" Fish & chips. He knew me without even knowing me. Knew what I craved for. My stomach growled and I clamped my eyes shut, my mouth forming a thin line as I mentally cursed. Ashton choked out a laugh and kissed the crease between my brows, "I'll throw in some donuts too."

I love donuts. 

.   .   .   .  .   .   .  .

"Say ah", Ashton held up a bite of a deliciously battered, hot and crispy haddock on a plastic fork with mushy peas on the top. Indeed, there were moments where I'd praise the lord for giving me Ashton. Like such. 

Thank you for Ashton. 

Thank you for the fish & chips. 

I looked at him weirdly. "Seriously?"

"Ah", he ordered and shoved the bite closer to my lips. I snorted and fell into hopeless laughter. The way he forcefully said it with a faked stern expression was comedic goals. At this point, I had convinced myself that I was crazy. Crazy and weird. My hands flew up to my mouth as my laugh became uncontrollable and Ashton watched me, amusement glittering in his eyes. Eventually, I grabbed his wrist that held the fork and tilted my face upwards to consume the bite. The action of chewing muffled my laugh and Ashton, who looked visibly entertained, hooked an arm over my shoulders to stir me down the side walk. 

Fortunately, we've taken off our costumes. If not, we'd be receiving more attention than my laugh had drawled. Ashton was also fortunate that the marker I'd used on him washed off with the help of water.

"Your laugh's my undoing, lovely", Ashton sighed and rested his head over mine. 

"And yours is mine, Mr Lennox", I chuckled and snatched a chip from the paper box before holding it in front of his lips, feeling like it was the most normal thing to do. Like normal couples do. Ashton casually popped it into his mouth and I watched the up and down movements of his jaw. Most likely feeling the weight of my stare, he glanced down and pecked my lips. I could only imagine what Tamara would've said if she was here. "All this sweetness makes me want to barf", sounds accurate enough. Not long ago, I would have said the same thing. But here I was, experiencing myself and thinking . . . . it's not all that bad. 

The two of us devoured our large share of probably the best fish & chips I've ever had and resumed walking side by side down the river.

"Can I ask you something?", Ashton suddenly asked and I found myself nodding less than a second later. "This sounds random but .  . .  I really want to know . .", he started off and looked down at me before asking, "If you could pick one place in the world, where would you go?"

My eyebrows raised. One look at Ashton's face told me that he was genuinely curious so I pondered for a moment, thinking of all the places I'd like to visit someday. That's a really hard question. "I'd probably choose a place . . .  depending on how I feel."

Ashton's lip twitched. "Like?"

"Like if I'm in the mood . . . for some . . sun, for example, or . . . . want to be somewhere where the water is always at it's bluest and  . . the water's clear . . I'd like kill to go to the Maldives . . . maybe Bora Bora even. Oh! I've always dreamed of going to Greece. I don't care which part. I love Greek mythology and their architecture? Can you imagine? I'd give anything to see the Parthenon. They have gorgeous islands that I would love to discover. I also happen to be a Mamma Mia girl, so venturing Greek landscapes has been a vision of mine. Oh and I'd kill to go to Italy as well. The art, the food and all the sights . . . I want to see and experience it all. I want to see views that take my breath away", I sighed, smiling as I dreamed of jumping into the vision my words painted. I gazed out at the river and watched the soft current flow. "Places like Africa . .  Spain . . Japan and Brazil . . Australia", I chuckled, "Hawaii, Iceland, Norway, California . . . and a thousand more places I can't name . . . I want to go there."

If I had the ability to transport myself and the consequences of them didn't exist, I would've have travelled over half of the places the world had to offer by now. 

When I looked back at Ashton, I found him smiling like he'd succeeded in achieving the one thing he'd never thought possible. "What?", I breathed.

Ashton swallowed and dived lower to brush his lips over mine. "You opened up, lovely."

I blinked, my eyes fluttering open and close multiple times as I drank in his words. I . . . did. I kept on talking and talking, not realising I revealed my one truest dream. I practically listed all the places I've been dying to visit and now . . . Ashton knew them all. 

"Why did you want to know?", I questioned, curious. 

"Because I wanted to", was his answer before kissing me softly. 

Because I wanted to. 

When he pulled back, he tapped the tip of my nose and asked, "Remember when I said I want to get to know you?" I recalled the day Ashton brought me cream puffs and banana milk, the memory made me smile and I nodded. "I meant it." He kissed me again. "So let's go get you a matcha latte and a box of my favourite donuts from St John bakery."

And in the end, I got all that. 

Plus, surprise tickets to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child at the palace theatre. 

And I doubt that's the last of Ashton's surprises. 

He's full of them. 

Three hours later

"Alright, Mr Lennox, you . . ." I was astonished. The play and everything was spectacular. Every bit of it, I loved and I was at a loss for words.  It was all thanks to him. This day couldn't possibly get any better. 

"Yes?", Ashton's hands grabbed my waist and spun me around so that we were eye to eye, his grin plastered on his face. 

My smile blossomed into one that reached my eyes. I wrapped my hands around his neck and kissed him. "Thank you."

"You're most welcome, lovely." The two of us stood right there, under the palace theatre lights, in each other's arms, after watching one of the most unrelentingly entertaining plays that ever existed. "I honestly didn't expect it to go pass two hours", Ashton chuckled.

"Me neither", I chuckled back, "Worth it?"

"Definitely", he breathed. "Hungry?"

"I'm pretty sure I haven't even digested the donuts", I pouted and Ashton giggled in return. 

"Well, I can't end the night without feeding you dinner."

I narrowed my eyes. "Ok . . .  what do you plan on feeding me?"

Ashton smirked, looking confident with himself when he said, "What if I said . . . an extremely juicy, cheesy . . double-cheesburger with bacon and . . . a side of chilli fries." I'm almost certain he thought the mentioning of bacon would win me over but it didn't, although my mouth-watered at the image of a hot delicious cheese burger. I crossed my arms over my chest, pinning him with a not impressed look. "I'll add an Oreo milkshake."

My eyes brightened. "Done." 

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .  

I moaned in satisfaction, the juices of the beef patty exploding in my mouth. "I think I just died and went to cheeseburger heaven", I spoke through a large mouthful of cow. 

I heard the soft click of Ashton's phone camera before he chuckled. "Well let's hope you come back, I very much like having you down here with me." He cleaned the corner of my lip with his thumb and the simple action alone was enough to make my cheeks blush. Honestly, any skin to skin contact with Ashton would give that result.  

"The bacon was a good call", I pointed out before a large cup of milkshake magically appeared in front of me, my eyes flickered to Ashton. 

"Told you I'll add an Oreo milkshake", Ashton smiled, watching me softly with his head rested in the palm of his hand. 

I swallowed. "Failed to mention how large it'll be", I murmured.

Ashton giggled. "I figured you wouldn't mind after your reaction earlier."

My right eyebrow quirked upwards. "What reaction?"

"The reaction you gave me earlier when I mentioned Oreo milkshake", Ashton smiled, sweetly, "You give the cutest looks when you're fond over something. At least now I know, you have a thing for Oreo milkshakes."

"Vanilla milkshakes too. Just so you know", I winked and Ashton's smile broadened. "Alright", I began to say after taking another bite and dabbing my mouth with a napkin. "My turn." Ashton looked at me questioningly when I crossed my arms over the table. "Can I ask you something?" Slowly, he nodded. "Have you really never had a girlfriend?" I don't know why it bothered me so much, but I genuinely wanted to know. It's Ashton we're talking about. There's must've been a long line of girls on their knees to date him and somehow, I wasn't one of them, but am lucky enough to be sitting here sharing a meal with him. 

"Yes", he answered almost instantly and I wasn't sure how I expected myself to feel. Relieved? Even if he did, I doubt I'd really mind. I mean hypothetically speaking, if she cheated on him or was at fault for causing the separation, I would love nothing more than to show her what she lost. However, that wasn't the case. I believed Ashton but, I'd be pretty stupid to believe that he never got involve with the female population. 

"Well, I'm definitely not the only girl you've kissed . . . right?", I involuntarily asked, mentally cringing at the forwardness of hit as I peered at him from under my eyelashes.

Ashton bit down on his lip, giving himself away when his eyes left mine and glanced out the window. "No. You're not, lovely", he said and looked at me again before adding on, "But I can assure you, that you're the only girl I genuinely love kissing." I could feel my heart squeeze in my chest. My lips parted as I exhaled a faint breath before breathing in like normal. Honestly, I didn't need any assurance, I just wanted to know. But I was more than pleased when Ashton continued on by saying, "I've never had a girlfriend, lovely. That's the truth."

"Why?", I suddenly asked, shocking Ashton and myself.

His expression of shock was replaced with a look that revealed nothing less but admiration, I could see it through his eyes. "Because I've never found anyone like you."

I chuckled, "What do you mean by . . . someone like me?"

"Someone . . . . who see's better of the world", he said with a sincerity so heavy and sweet it dripped from his mouth like honey. "Someone who makes everything seem brighter than it actually is", he went on, looking at me with tender eyes. "Someone . . with a smile as bright as yours. Someone with your laugh", he chuckled, "Someone who makes me laugh", he added and I smiled. "Someone who loves sliding down the staircase instead of walking down it like a civilised human being", he said, making me laugh. "Someone who sings their heart out to every song on the radio", he smiled, "Someone who loves sweet things, specifically cream puffs, banana milk and Oreo milkshakes. Oh, and vanilla milkshakes." At this rate, I was touched to the point I almost broke into tears. "Someone who's not afraid to call me out", he pointed and I grinned. "Someone who's fascinated about everything around her. Someone who loves the stars", he ended and I was very much close to crying. "I've never had a girlfriend, lovely. Because at the end of the day, there will always be one you. And it's you that I want."

A sob threatened to leave the back of my throat and I blinked the moisture out of my eyes before saying, "If you don't win confession of the year, I swear I'm gonna have words with God." Ashton merely laughed at my words, shaking his head lightly as we both found ourselves in a conversation deeper than we intended on having. His confession could very much be considered as cliche but to me, it will always be unique and original. It will always be his confession, not anyone else's. The setting itself was also not the kind love confessions take place in like the movies. We were in a small fast food restaurant and I was definitely going to come again just to relive this memory. 

"I feel like I need to tell you, lovely", Ashton's tone fell into a solemn one as he fiddled with his clasped fingers over the table. I waited patiently for him to continue and eventually he did, but not without a remorseful sigh. "I've definitely had . . . you know make-outs and all that. But that's it. I've never slept with anyone, Kristine, because I'm not that kind of guy", his eyes shyly fell to his lap,  "I've never done anything more than -", he paused. 

"Than?", I dared to ask, gulping down the lump in my throat. This conversation was really taking a turn. 

He lowered his voice, when he confessed one word, "Oral."

Well, that was a damn sharp turn. 

I inwardly gasped, not because of shock but because I imagined what it'll be like for him to give me one. Yes, my mind had a habit of drifting off to the most pleasurable thoughts and I'll never apologise for it. "Getting?", I boldly asked, my voice sounding more raspy then I'd like it to.

Ashton sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Yeah . .  I . . I've gotten a fair share of - ", he surprised me by finishing with a smirk that made my toes curl. 

I returned the favour by saying, "Me too." Ashton's shoulders went rigid and I enjoyed watching the muscle in his jaw tighten. "That's the only confession you'll be getting out of me", I said, grinning before taking long sip of my milkshake. 

The two of us definitely had a talent for abruptly shifting the mood. 

It went from sweet loving confessions to burning desirable thoughts, real fast. 

"Ok, can I ask you something?", Ashton asked after we both finished eating our burgers and emptied our milkshake cups.

"You most certainly can, Mr Lennox", I casually replied with a grin. 

"Was that or was that not . . the best cheeseburger you ever had?", he asked, word for word.

I chuckled at the bizarre change in topic, random of him but I very much appreciated it. "I can reply with . . . ninety-nine percent certainty that yes, it was. And that's high praise since . . . to be honest, I'm not a cheeseburger fan", I declared. 

Ashton's eyes widened. "Babe, I'm sorry. I'm gonna have to call the police again, for real this time."

I was unamused, my face left blank when I asked, "Oh yeah? What crime did I commit this time?"

"Not liking cheeseburgers", he revealed. 

"You know, your version of crimes aren't very similar to mine", I called out with a tilt of my head. 

"Yeah, I guessed that. How can you not like cheeseburgers??", he questioned in disbelief.

"It just so happens that I tend to not really like things that other's do. I'm not the biggest fast food fan but I admit, I'll crave it every once in a while. You were the tiniest bit wrong when you thought I was someone who loves sweet things . . . .  I'm not a sweet tooth. I've always preferred sour tastes.  But like fast foods, I'll crave for something sweet at times. However, I will always have a weakness for cream puffs and vanilla milkshakes. I'm a very boring person, Ashton Lennox. I'd always prefer vegetables over meat. Majority of the time, I prefer to snack on fruits rather than junk food. Oh and . . . . I don't like potato chips. Pretty much hate them."

"Oh god, babe." Ashton rubbed his hands over his face in frustration. "Now I have to look for a new girlfriend."

"Careful, Lennox. I'm capable of committing crimes such as murder", I replied cooly while fiddling with my straw. 

"I also failed to mention that I've been wanting to find someone who's hot as fuck when angry", Ashton hastily added. 

"You told me my glare's were cute", I scowled.

"I love a girl who has the perfect balance of both qualities. Hot and cute. Which, lovely, is you", he grinned. 

I smirked, "You love me?" The question was intended to be a joke, however, Ashton's demeanour shifted the slightest bit and I felt it after one glance at his blurred eyes. "I'm going to the washroom", I announced and stood up a little too fast than necessary, deliberately trying to avoid hearing Ashton's answer

I really must be more mindful when I question things, starting now. 

Obviously, I lied about needing to use the ladies room so I all I did was step out of Ashton's sight. From the looks of it, he appeared to be distracted by his own thoughts so I took that as an advantage and walked towards the cashier. 

Only to find out that our meal had already been paid for. 

"Nice try, lovely." I heard Ashton speak over my shoulder. 

"You. are. an. unbelievable human being", I glowered at him.

"And you are forgetful." Ashton ruffled the top of my head. "You didn't see me pay earlier?", he teased, delighted to see me all worked up. I only growled in response and didn't get the chance to argue before Ashton had already taken my hand and guided me out of the restaurant. "Are you up for another surprise, lovely?",

"There's more?", I asked, astounded.

"Of course", he grinned, "The day's not over yet."

.   .   .   .   .   .   .  . 

"What is this place?", I asked when we walked passed an iron gate, the skies had darkened at this point and over Ashton's shoulder, behind some thin bushes, I saw an auburn glow. We walked a little further up until we reached a border of white fences that circled around what appears to be a garden. Ashton stepped forward to place a hand on the fenced door, but glanced over at me just before opening it. "For you, lovely", he said with an easy smile. And when he pushed the door open, I was awestruck. It was a real fight to hold back a gasp, so I didn't. My eyes roamed all over the place in wonder. 

The orange glow I saw earlier, turned out to be a fire pit that burned at the very centre of the garden. Fairy lights and lanterns hung all over the place, making it feel all the more magical. It's light allowed me to see the flowers that flourished around us. I took a step forward and slid my fingers up a large fern stem. I've always had a thing for ferns, I found them elegant and unique. Many different kinds of petals aligned the pebble trail we stood on and it bordered throughout the rest of the path ahead of us. I saw the faint colours of lavender, magenta, celeste and the brightest shade of yellow. It was all so beautiful. Enchanting. 

I wasn't sure if I looked close to tears or whether I just appeared extremely amazed because when I spun around to look back at Ashton, I found him watching me with this gentle light dancing in his eyes. The rhythm of his steps as he approached me mirrored the own beating of my heart. Our eyes never left each other, all the way until he stood right in front me and grabbed my waist in his hands, pulling me close to him and I leaned into his touch. 

"This can't be real", I whispered against his shirt.

Ashton softly swayed our bodies to an invisible music, holding me close to him with my head rested on his shoulder. I felt his hand soothingly ran up my back, the same time I felt him nestle his face into my hair. "It's whatever you want it to be, lovely", he said, his voice a soft caress to my ears. "This can be as real you want it . . . or it can be a dream, and you can stay in it for however long as you like."

My breathing trembled. This definitely felt like a dream, hell this whole day felt like one . . .  but in the end, before I go to bed, I had to accept this was all real. That this was a reality. My reality. I have to admit, maybe realities can be not all bad. 

"And I'm sure you'd like stay here forever", he figured, his voice taking a playful turn. 

"Sounding a little too confident, Mr Lennox", I grumbled and he chuckled, the sound going straight into my ear to the very pit of my stomach. 

"And I have reasons to be."

"And what might that be?"

"I have a proposal", he replied, I looked at him with my eyes opened wide to the point they nearly detached themselves from their sockets. Ashton's head fell back, laughing his flippin ass off.  "Not that kind of proposal, babe. I have an idea." Of course. 

I just. really didn't know what to expect whenever it came to Ashton.

I huffed. "What's your idea, sir Stop Laughing & And Answer Me Seriously For Bloody Sakes", I choked out, beginning to laugh as well. 

Ashton was clutching his stomach as he proceeded on laughing before releasing a single cough and with a great deal of strength, forced himself to look civil. Failed. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, it was the look you gave me that's funny", he spoke between hard laughs.

I sighed. "I swear to god, Ashton. Is this revenge for making you wait after the "ah" incident?"

"Wasn't the intention, but yeah . . .", he snickered, "Now we're even."

"Done?"

Ashton chuckled, looking at me all innocent. "Yup. Oh yeah .  .  . back to my idea." He returned his hands to my waist. 

I bit my lip, trying my best to not giggle or laugh. "Way to kill the romantic mood."

He cleared his throat. "Excuse me, ma'am, It wasn't me who mis-under-stood."

"Next time just say you have an idea!", I yelled in frustration, unable to stop myself from laughing after. 

"Ok, miss Stop Laughing & Look -", he chuckled when I punched him in the rib. "My idea . . .", he began to say, sounding more calm, "Was for the two of us to sit by the fire, roast a hell lot of marshmallows and make a couple s'mores. How does that sound? " My eyes lightened up and Ashton smiled. "I know what you like, lovely."

"I never said I like marshmallows", I said with my arms folded and eyed him as he started walking towards where the fire burned. 

"Relationship's over if you don't", he returned over his shoulder, leaving me with my mouth dropped. Barely two seconds passed before Ashton jogged back to me and cupped my cheek, "I'm kidding. I'm kidding", he assured and planted a sweet kiss on my lips. 

I scowled before grinning. "Honestly, that was fair."

"I knew you were the one", Ashton smiled, leaving a kiss on the top of my head before intertwining our fingers together. "Now, let's have some dessert."

A few minutes later

I was crying. 

And Ashton was worried. 

"Hey", Ashton called, softly, "Lovely, look at me." His fingers brushed over my jaw before hooking beneath my chin and tilting my face so that my glossy eyes met his concerned ones. "What is it something I said?"

I sobbed and a tear fell down to trace my upper lip which Ashton swiped away with his thumb. "No", I croaked, "It's just . . That was my first s'more", I smiled, but it was probably my most broken one yet, because instead of laughing, Ashton's face fell into one that showed not pity, but hurt. I've never seen Ashton sad or anywhere near hurt, genuinely hurt. But now, he looked like he felt a pain that troubled him. He looked like he felt my pain. "I could may as well be the most dramatic person you've ever met, Mr Lennox. After your sister", I added with a faint chuckle, attempting to lighten the gloom I started. My eyes fell down to his knees when he smoothly brushed my hair back behind my ears and brought his palms to my cheeks. 

"You're the queen, aren't you?", he returned lightly, making me chuckle and smiling through my bitten lip. 

"Drama queen of the year", I eye rolled. 

"The decade", he insisted.

"The century", I declared, chuckling while my fingers grazed down his cheek.

"The millennia", he smiled, brining his face closer to mine so that our foreheads connected. 

"At least we know our years", I whispered, smiling back.

Ashton looked into my eyes, his breathing slow and steady. "And I know how many I'd like to have with you."

Now that, even after seeing the garden, really took my breath away. I looked at him stunned and although my lips parted, no words left from them. Instead of faltering or receding, Ashton looked more sure of himself then nervous. As if, he truly meant it. His eyes were at its most sincere and honestly . . . did he even realised what he'd said? He didn't wait a single second before breathing out those words and it was the truth within them that weighed a heavy promise. 

I gulped down the sudden lump that had formed in my throat and slowly released the pressure from my lungs by exhaling out. "Ashton -"

"Look up", he abruptly whispered, his lips nearly brushing over mine. The sudden order made my eyebrows furrow but nevertheless I did as he said and my breath was caught.

"The stars", I breathed, smiling in astonishment. The night sky of London looked brilliant tonight with the stars shining so bright its light reflected through my smile. One day, I'd like to paint the stars. While doing so, I'd like to dream of reaching up for one. I wasn't sure what I'd do with it, the younger me would've made a wish but the me now . . . what would I wish for?

My memories. 

There was a time I'd do anything to get them back.

However, currently, I'd never been more afraid of remembering my past. 

Truths lurked in your past and sometimes . . . the truth was ugly. I've always pictured the truth to be karma's sibling, however they could never be twins because they weren't identical. Instead of biting you in the ass like karma does, the truth will come stabbing you in the heart.

"Lovely, what's my favourite view?", Ashton suddenly asked me and I tore my attention away from the stars to him, meeting the calm look on his face, however, his eyes glinted with anticipation. I lowered my chin at his out of the blue question. 

"Me standing in the sun", I chuckled, finding it absurd and without a doubt boring. 

"You right now", he revealed, his eyes mesmerised and clouded with admiration as they stayed glued onto me.

A corner of my mouth twitched. "Changed your mind?", I raised an eyebrow, asking humorously.

"No. I appreciate any view with you in it", he casually said in one breath.

"You know one day . . you're going to run out of romantic things to say if you used them all up on me. Unless you recycle, of course", I snickered. 

"I've got two things to say to that", he raised up two fingers to indicate, putting one after the other down as he listed, "One: it's impossible to run out of romantic things to say when you're around. Two: of course, some will be recycled, but don't you dare start having any ideas of me using them on somebody else, lovely", he warned, pointing a strict finger at me, making me clamp my lips as I bit back a chuckle. "The only one I'll be reusing them with is you. You're my recycle - I feel like the word 'you' and 'bin' don't go together", he swiftly said. 

"You think?", I scoffed, laughing under my breath. The assurance was comforting, however, it was always the slip ups I looked forward to hearing. Laughing with Ashton was my form of therapy. 

Ashton sighed, his shoulders dropping. "My romantic-ness isn't always at it's best", he shockingly confessed and I took that as my opportunity to fool with him. 

"I'm sorry ~ what did you just say?", I cupped a hand around my ear and leaned closer toward him. "Mind repeating?"

"Never."

"Awwww. Come on. Just . . . admit it, one more time oh-so-charming-Ashton Lennox", I pushed, on the verge of cracking up when I heard him release a low growl. 

"Keeping leaning your ear closer and I'm biting it, lovely", he warned, but of course, I didn't listen. His hand went to my neck the same time his teeth clamped down onto my ear lobe, not painfully but it definitely tickled a bit.

"Ashton!", I yelped, pushing him back while giggling. 

"Told you, I'd bite it", he smugly returned. 

"And I didn't doubt you", I retorted with a similar fierceness, my mouth slowly curving. 

"You . . . dirty little -" Ashton threw his arms around me and pulled my body to fall into his chest. He nuzzled his face into the base of my neck while I laughed in delight. "What am I gonna do with you?"

"Hold me in your arms while we admire the stars together?", I suggested with hope. 

Ashton chuckled. "You know what?", he paused and brushed his nose over the crook of my neck, my breath hitching, "I think I'll do just that", he said and gathered me in his arms until we both laid together on the giant pillow bean-bag that Ashton had directly requested for and personally customised with fluffy pillows. Apparently, the garden we're in was a cocktail pop-up bar, which explains the wooden cart placed in the corner, and is connected to the property next door which just so happens to be a museum. The place was open to the public, however, Ashton had made an order to have the place reserved for tonight. To have the place just for the two of us. 

I breathed out a sigh of content when I rested my head on Ashton's chest and clutched the fabric of his shirt between my fingers while nestling myself against him. Ashton's arm was banded around my waist while his other hand played with my hair. I felt him shift and heard him inhale a long breath before he murmured, "You smell good." I snorted and buried my face into his chest, smiling like an utter moron. Ashton's hand glided up to my scalp, giving it a faint massage that caused me to hum in satisfaction. Weariness started to creep into my eyes and my body began to sink into his warmth. Before I could stop it, a yawn left my lips. 

"You said . . . this could be whatever I want to be", I flickered my gaze upwards to meet his soft eyes that were already looking down at me and my breath stuttered before I continued, "Memories . . are a recording of reality, unlike dreams. You'll always remember them just so as long you allow yourself too", I breathed in, "I want this to be a dream", and released. 

Ashton's hand moved up to caress down the side of my head, his fingers hovering somewhere over my ears when he whispered, "Then sleep, lovely."

With the feeling of his hands on me and the last brush of his lips on my forehead, my breathing fell into a calmed rhythm and my eyes had fluttered shut before I made a home that secretly kept all of today, the laughter, the smiles, the excitement, the romance, this garden, Ashton

 in my dreams. 

𝓐𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓼 𝓜𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓪𝓰𝓮

Happy new year my lovelies! 

It's a new year, new beginnings. We're also coming into the second year of LETHAL, it's making me emotional since I never knew this story would become such a big part in my life. Thank you so much for all your support and patience. I apologise for my insanely long absence, I have been extremely occupied, however, I promise you that there are many more upcoming chapters to look forward to. You won't be disappointed, I hope.

Please take care of yourself and allow yourself to grow in this new year, take your chances for a restart and find the version of yourself that you'll be proud of. I know that's what I'll be doing and I hope that along the way, we'll all find a reason to say thank you to 2023 when it ends.

In whatever form that reason may be, I hope we find it.

Love all of you so much.

Take care now :)

I'll see you in the next chapter.

xoxoxo

Love, KS♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 474 26
Single after three years, Lucia Giordano moves back in with her parents. To satisfy her nosy aunt, Lucia agrees to meet Enzo Vitale, her aunt's sexy...
260K 5.6K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...
278 2 6
Death has been following me since the day I was born. You are losing loved ones. You're losing friends. It's scary when you start to lose yourself. L...
13K 586 31
*Will be undergoing editing soon* "I was your curse , and you were my disease. I was saving you , but you were killing me." After loosing everything...