Kirby Right Back at Ya: Rewri...

By Imasilly89

A close friend of mine suggested that I do a fan made Kirby Right Back At Ya reboot, so this is it. (Or seaso... More

Disclaimer
Disclaimer 2
Episode 2: An Ally From the Stars, Part 2
Episode 3: Fight Fire With Fire
Episode 4: Beam Attack!
Episode 5: New Limits
Episode 6: Flagball Royale
Episode 7: Ups and Downs
Episode 8: The Education Situation
Episode 9: A Lost Legend
Episode 10: Guilty Until Proven Innocent
Episode 11: The Masked Swordsman, Part 1
Episode 12: The Masked Swordsman, Part 2
Episode 13: Meta-Not
Episode 14: Taking Action
Episode 15: Dedede's Ark
Episode 16: A Dynamic Documentary
Episode 17: The Son Rises Again
Episode 18: A Foolish Fabrication
Episode 19: That Strange Feeling
Episode 20: The Dark King, Part 1
Episode 21: The Dark King, Part 2
Episode 22: Lone Hero
Episode 23: The Health Inspection
Episode 24: Castle Village Quest

Episode 1: An Ally From the Stars, Part 1

493 8 21
By Imasilly89

In the stars, a hero is created

Just when all light has faded.

Dark and light, fighting once more,

Untold powers never seen before.

=====

"I personally think we should listen to it. I think it's obviously important."

Curio was giving a speech to the rest of Dreamland about his and his partners discovery. They had found a prophecy written in some ancient ruins.

"A hero being created. Dark and Light fighting with 'Untold powers'." Curio said, eyeing the picture he took, "it's obviously  talking about a grand hero coming to dreamland."

A waddle dee, clad in a university cap and glasses spoke up with immediate concern. "Um, how is that obvious? It could be talking about anything, this prophecy is incredibly vague." Wise Waddle Dee chuckled, snorting a bit. "For a man of science, you sure do believe in fairy tales a lot".

Curio glared at Wise Waddle Dee, upset at him for stealing his thunder.

"You know as well as I do, there is something wrong here." Curio glanced to the audience, realizing that this was the wrong time and place. "Meet me after the presentation, we'll talk then." 

Wise Waddle Dee, understandingly stepped down. Curio then continued his presentation. However, no one believed in the prophecy. Instead, they laughed at the professor, calling him a quack and a fiction author (The latter not really being an insult). Among all the laughing faces was one of a grave expression.

King Dedede walked away.

=====

Meanwhile, a pink ball of light soars through space. As it did loops across the stars, a faint laugh could be heard. The flash approached a planet called Popstar and then proceeded to crash into it.

=====

After Curio's unconvincing speech about listening to a prophecy, he slumped back in his house. 3 hours of surfing the internet later, he heard a knock on his door. When he went to answer, he saw Wise Waddle Dee, his partner, standing in the doorway. "May I come in, sir?" He said, obnoxiously.

"Sure, why not?" He replied sadly.

"I guess this is a bad time, but..." Wise Waddle Dee handed him a paper, " I'd like to resign".

Curio looked at the paper, hardly managing to fight back the tears. He'd been through a lot lately. First, he was made into a disgrace in the scientific community, then some kids threw stuff at him, then he was attacked online for believing in "fairy tales". Now, his partner, and one of his closest friends was quitting.

"Uh, sir?" His partner replied, unaware of Curio's feelings.

"Sure, why not..." he replied, sounding empty.

"Alright, well- hang on, are you okay?" His now ex-partner said, catching on.

Curio couldn't take it anymore. He broke down in tears.

=====

A snail walked down the hall of the castle, looking for the king of dreamland.

"Oh, Dedede! Where are you? It's nearing dinner time!" Escargoon called out.

Silence...

"Dedede, where'd you go?" Escargoon called out louder, unaware of what was happening in the basement...

=====

Dedede walked down the basement stairs, holding a rolled up piece of paper in one hand. He knew what he was here for, but was still hesitant to go down. Once he reached the secret door to the second basement level, he took a deep breath.

Once he opened the door, he ran in, shutting it tight behind him. He heard a very unsettling voice in his head.

So, what do you have this time, king?

"Well, y-ya remember when you told me about Kirbeh?" The king asked, nervously. "Does this have anything to do with him?"

He rolled open the paper, revealing it to be the prophecy. A red eye glowed over the picture as Dedede looked like he was about to pee himself.

Yes... Kirby... 

"Alright, well, we should deal with that," Dedede said, pulling out his hammer.

No...

"No?" The king asked. "What do you mean, no? This is the one thing that could stop ya from helping me rule dreamland! Why not?"

If you act against the force of light, your subjects will turn on you.

"Well, that's a good point... and I can't just have ya control everyone, ruling a bunch of mindless slaves doesn't seem very fulfilling."

Act like his ally, keep me a secret, strike him without him knowing who struck.

"Alright, good talk. I'ma gonna go now." The king quickly started to walk away. "Thanks, Zero."

The red eye casted a light over the prophecy.

Kirby...

=====

The pink flash died down to reveal a sleeping pink puff ball we all know and love (If you don't love him, why are you reading this). Kirby opened his eyes, and with a grand poyo, he took in his green surroundings. He was in a forest.

Kirby heard a noise to his left, then ran into the forest. Shortly after, a white and orange spotted mouse popped out of the bushes.

"Rude," the mouse said.

Kirby ran through the forest before tripping over a small root. He landed, squishing on contact with a tree. Kirby got up and looked at the tree and saw a face on it. "Beware the guardian of the forest," one tree said. Kirby turned around and saw another face. "Beware Whispy Woods!"

Kirby ran further into the forest, hoping that he was running out of the forest. He was wrong. Kirby had to cover his ears and eyes, which is a really bad idea when you're running. Among the many warnings he heard a shout, "Hey, you! Trespasser!" Kirby was then smacked with a sword.

The sword had a strange effect on Kirby. He squished against it, harmlessly. The Blade Knight was very confused. He kept on trying to cut Kirby, but due to him being squishy and this story being ok for good boys and girls, he just got harmlessly flung around.

Kirby had taken quite the bruising. He tried to catch his breath as Blade Knight charged at him. He looked up and sucked in air a bit too hard and took the knights sword with him. Kirby then swallowed it and gained a green hat and his own sword. He had become Sword Kirby.

The knight shouted into some kind of radio, "I need backup! Some pink, squishy trespasser just ate my sword! I repeat, send backup!"

Sword Kirby then walked closer to the knight and whispered, 

"Poyo."

Blade knight ran in terror, leaving Kirby in a fit of confusion. Kirby was happy and did and a dance. He noticed someone in the bushes, moving past Blade Knights post. Then they ran out of the bushes at Kirby, causing him to raise his sword. Kirby got a good look at them.

It was a child, no older than 12, it looked. Kirby couldn't tell age by looking, though. But Kirby thought they looked friendly, so he lowered his sword and said, "Hi!"

The child waved at him, "Hello, what's your name?"

"Kirby!"

"My name is Tiff, what are you doing here?"

Kirby was very confused, as he didn't understand the question.

"Why are you in Whispy's forest?" She specified.

"Wha-Whissy?" Kirby asked, trying his hardest to form the words.

"No, Whispy. Can you even talk?"

"Poyo!"

Tiff sighed and pulled out a picture of a flower. "See this?" She said, "I'm gonna get my mom some of them as a gift." Tiff pointed at a hill. "They only grow up there, on the guardian's hill." She got an idea. "Hey, could you help me out, Kirby?"

"Poyo!" Kirby agreed happily.

The two of them set off on their journey.

=====

Meanwhile, in Kawasaki's Kitchen, Curio was trying to make himself feel better with mediocre food products. "Sir, I think you've had enough." Kawasaki said, looking at the plates, "I don't think having this many cheeseburgers is good for you."

"Ugh, how many?" Curio asked groggily.

"Sir, you've had 17, please go home."

(Disclaimer: Do not eat 17 consecutive cheeseburgers. I am not responsible for any problems you get for that.)

"But I need to eat my problems away!"

"Security!"

A security waddle dee tossed Curio out of the shop. (Impressive for a waddle dee.) Curio was in despair, but he quickly composed himself. "Why am I acting like this?" He asked himself, "I'm a historian, I need to get to work on deciphering this prophecy!" Curio ran back to his house and locked his doors and windows. "Those non-believers will soon know my name as the prophecy COMES TO PASS!"

=====

Kirby and Tiff continued to walk through the forest. While walking, Tiff decided to start up a conversation.

"So, why are you here?"

"Poyo?"

"Um, why are you in Whispy Woods?"

Kirby shrugged (A strange image, really.)

"This gift is gonna be hard to get, you sure you wanna come with me?"

"Poyo!"

Tiff and Kirby kept walking through the forest, noticing less and less animals as they went. Tiff was nervous, but Kirby didn't know what that meant. The trees started whispering louder until Kirby and Tiff had to cover their ears. Eventually, they got to a field of flowers, with a large tree in the center. Kirby ran in, but Tiff stayed back.

"Kirby, get back here!" Tiff shouted at him.

"Poyo?"

The tree started shifting, then it grew a face. Tiff yelped and hid in a bush. Kirby was getting a bit scared. The tree started talking.

"I am Whispy Woods, the guardian of the forest"

"Poyo..."

"Why are you here?" He boomed.

Tiff came out of the bush, shouting "Wait, he's with me!"

The tree watched as she cautiously approached. "We're here for some flowers, as a gift to my mom."

"Well, it's a nice enough reason, I suppose I will give you some flowers."

Some more flowers bloomed out of the ground. Kirby was looking around in wonder. Tiff went to pick a few of them. Kirby didn't know what a flower was, but he picked a few up as well. As the two picked flowers, they heard a noise coming from the trees.

A waddle doo jumped out and hit Tiff with his beam attack! Tiff fell down to the ground. Kirby ran over and poked her with his hand/nubbles. Kirby blocked the next beam attack, but it shocked his sword. 

Metal conducts electricity, so the attack spread to Kirby's body. Kirby didn't fall to the ground, since he was tougher than Tiff. Kirby swung his sword at the Waddle Doo, knocking him away. Waddle Doo just jumped right back and shot a lightning ball swarm at him. They all hit Kirby, who then fainted.

=====

Curio was furiously working in his "lab" (garage). He kept telling himself that he had to decipher to prophecy. He had to. His doorbell rang. "Just leave it on the porch!" He yelled at the interrupter. The doorbell kept ringing, so he repeated "LEAVE IT ON THE PORCH!".

The door flew open, and Curio regretted yelling.

"Your Majesty, I'm sorry! I didn't-" he began pleading.

The king's snail sidekick responded, "Oh, quit the baloney! Sire, how shall I punish him?"

The king answered, "That won' be necessitary, Escargoonie. What do ya know 'bout that prophecy?"

Curio couldn't believe his ears! "You r-really believe me?" He asked.

"Yeah, I believe ya!" He shouted, "And if there really is gonna be 'Untold powers neva seen before'  then the king should know bout it, ya hear?"

Curio stuttered as he gathered his things off the ground. "I only managed to process one picture so far, I handed out a bunch of copies and-"

Dedede interrupted, "Just show me another picture from that there prophecy!"

Curio grabbed his digital camera. "Oh, of course, your majesty!"

He turned on the screen, showing a rough drawing of Kirby inside of a star shape. "That's the only other picture I could find. Is it all right?" Curio asked cautiously.

"Heheheheheh! Perfect! Can I take it?" Dedede laughed.

Escargoon slithered up, suggesting "He could just e-mail it to you, it is the 594th century."

The king stroked one of his chins, thinking about it.

Curio piped up, "It would be easier, I just have to hit this button." He hovered his finger around the button.

Dedede replied, "Fine, and if ya find out any more, send it to mah cell phone!" He began to walk out. 

"But sire!" Curio said.

Escargoon looked back at the historian. "His email is bestkingever89 , and we'll fund your next expedition there." He said as he followed the king. As they got into the car, Escargoon had some concerns. "Hey, why do you care so much about the prophecy, anyway?" He asked.

"To be honest, it's kinda mah job. When mah great-grandpappa first took ova dreamland, he said 'Always believe in destiny, for it will guide you.' Yeah, he came here because of a prophecy like that." Dedede lied.

Escargoon seemed happy with that response, and left him alone for the night. Straight after they got back from the meeting, Dedede went down to the basement. As he nervously opened the door, he also grabbed his phone.

"Hey, Zero!" The king said, "I got somethin to show ya." He pulled up the image, and showed it to Zero.

AAAAH!

"What is it?" He replied, horrified of his scream.

Turn the brightness down, you fool! I'm a giant eye!

Dedede didn't realize that. He quickly apologized and turned the brightness down from max. "Like this?"

Oh, much better!

The red light went over the picture.

That's Kirby, all right...

"Really?" Dedede asked, "I pictured him differently."

Dedede started imagining a buff knight with a legendary sword, cape fluttering in the wind, armor glistening...

Are you daydreaming again?

"N-No..." he stuttered, " I-it's nighttime..."

Anyway... I have an idea for him.

A dark orb with a giant eye flew from the darkness. Dedede was encouraged by this. 

"Ohohoho! You suggest we possess him?"

No, I cannot make a dark matter possess him, for he is immune.

"Aw, just mah luck! Then what?"

We possess someone else, and have them fight him out of dreamland.

Dedede smiled slyly. "Ohh..."

Do not worry Dedede, your reign will not be ended by that pink demon.

Dedede strutted out happily, "Welp. Imma go to bed now, you go and possess some guy." As he left Zero could hear him whistling up in the hallway.

Idiot...

The piece of darkness set out for its victim...

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 908 46
Far beyond the stars, yet in a world far closer to our own than you might ever imagine, there is a starry world named Planet Popstar. This world play...
597 9 2
SUMMARY: Twins? Who? Kirby and Shadow Kirby ya'll! When they were really small, Kirby got separated from Shadow Kirby, and Shadow Kirby somehow got s...
33.1K 488 23
When Kirby accidentally crash-lands onto an unknown planet, it is found that he is wanted by a monster because of his power. When Meta Knight, King D...
100K 1.4K 18
You are a shy, but hard-working young girl (you're not exactly "human" but you aren't a Cappy either) that one day takes a vacation to Cappy Town to...