The Deku-Verse

By HansenTheMan

It was a normal day for the students of Class 1-A, until a mysterious portal opens up and sends them to a the... More

Prologue
Fantasy AU Pt. 1
Family
I need help
Lunch Break
Overwatch: Dragons
Villain Deku
Spider-Man
Regret
Quirk Or No Quirk?
Quirkless Hero
2k Reads thanks!
Villain Bakugo
Meme Break Pt. 1
Meme Break Pt. 2
Pyro Deku Pt. 1
Fantasy AU Pt. 2
I haves ideas
A Quick Announcement
What episodes to do?
Meme Break Pt. 3
Sword Art Online
A Reason to Keep Fighting
Second-Gen
Meme Break Pt. 4
Christmas Special
The Return
Valentine's Day (Not a chapter)
Avengers Academia
Happy Birthday, Bakugo
Villain Deku Pt. 2
Happy Birthday, Izuku and Mirio
Fallout 4 Pt. 1
Fallout 4 Pt. 2
Happy Birthday, Eri
Vigilante Deku
Happy Birthday, Ochako
Meme Break Pt. 5
Meme Break Pt. 6
Last Chance
Fire Drill
Happy Birthday, Todoroki
Hero Killer Deku
Kindergarten 1-A
Meme Break Pt. 7
Meme Break Pt. 8
Quirkless Empire
Villain Class 1-A
Genderswap AU
Meme Break Pt. 9 (Gun Edition)
Meme Break Pt. 10
Quirk-Swap AU
Fallout 4 Pt. 3
Happy Birthday, Tsu
Steamed Hams
Valentine's Day Special
Sword Art Online Pt. 2
Injustice
Reacting to Izuocha Stuff
Pyro Deku Pt. 2
Meme Break Pt. 11
Meme Break Pt. 12
The End
A Visit From Some Dark Variants
Happy Birthday To Me
Mustafar Duel
Meme Break Pt. 13
Meme Break Pt. 14
More Ideas
What's Been Going On Out There In The Multiverse
Happy Birthday, All Might
Meme Break Pt. 15
Meme Break Pt. 16
Happy Birthday, Shinso and Natsuo
Happy 7 Year Anniversary, My Hero Academia!
Deku 10
Infinity War
Zombie AU (Halloween Special)
Bringing In Some More People
Second-Gen Pt. 2
The Mandalorian
Meme Break Pt. 17
Meme Break Pt. 18
Manga Spoilers (DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE MANGA)
Question Time
Questions Answered
Meme Break Pt. 19
Meme Break Pt. 20
Endgame
Eri In UA
X-Men: First Class
Upcoming Chapters
Meme Break Pt. 21
Meme Break Pt. 22
Fallout 4 Pt. 4
Young Justice
Vigilante Deku Pt. 2
Quick Chapter of My Life
Meet Them All
100th Chapter Special
Fallout 4 Pt. 5
Assassin's Creed Unity
Injustice Pt. 2
Happy Birthday, Aizawa
Meme Break Pt. 23
Meme Break Pt. 24
Young Justice: Phantoms
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Green Ranger vs Ryu
Meme Break Pt. 25
Meme Break Pt. 26
A Visit From Some More Dark Dekus
MY/HERO UNAUTHORIZED
Another Swapped AU
Meme Break Pt. 27
Meme Break Pt. 28
The Ingenium Movie Trailer
Happy Birthday, Monoma
Happy Birthday, Aoyama
Happy Birthday, Kaminari
Izuko's Birthday
Moon Knight
Meme Break Pt. 29
Meme Break Pt. 30
A Little More of the Future
UA: The First Class
Spy x Family
Happy Birthday, Momo
Need Help
Happy Birthday, Nejire
Happy Birthday, Mineta
Meme Break Pt. 31
Meme Break Pt. 32
Happy Birthday, Tokoyami
Ryan George Christmas Song Videos
Sword Art Online Pt. 3
Fallout 4 Pt. 6
Clone Wars
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rebels
Meme Break Pt. 33
Meme Break Pt. 34
Fallout 4 Pt. 8
Didn't want to do this, but...
The Old Republic: Rescue Mission
What a Great Birthday Surprise
Expiration Date
Heir to the Empire Animated Trailer

Fallout 4 Pt. 7

411 8 1
By HansenTheMan

"Next up we return to the Fallout 4 universe where Izuku has finally made it to the Institute to find his son." Luke said as he snapped his fingers and the kids were gone.

It showed Izuku being teleported inside a high-tech room of some sort. He pulled out his combat rifle and exited the room to see that he was in some sort of high-tech and very clean looking facility.

"Looks like Midoriya made it to the Institute." said Todoroki.

"Yes. Now let's hope he'll be able to rescue Toshi." Momo said.

He walked over to a large console and accessed the terminal, he viewed the access logs, then inserted the holotape that Power Loader gave him and initiated a network scan of the Institute.

He then grabbed some medical things from some nearby medical containers and was about to head down a flight of stairs, but then...

"Hello." said the voice of an old man on the intercom.

"Uh-oh. Looks like the Institute know Midoriya's there." Kaminari said worriedly.

Izuku headed down the stairs to see a high tech looking elevator that was a glass cylinder. There was also a rusty old door nearby that was off to the side.

"I wondered if you might make it here. You're quite resourceful." said the voice, "I am known as Father; the Institute is under my guidance."

"The guy actually calls himself Father? Dumb name." Bakugo scoffed.

"I know why you're here. I'd like to discuss things with you, face-to-face. Please, step into the elevator." said the voice as the door to the elevator slid open.

Izuku hesitantly stepped into the elevator and the door closed behind him, then the elevator began going down.

"I can only imagine what you've heard, what you think of us." said the voice, now talking through the speaker in the elevator, "I'd like to show you that you may have... the wrong impression."

Then the elevator went down more and Izuku saw a gigantic and high-tech facility all around him. There were armored synths walking around on guard duty, humans in lab coats doing work and talking to each other, and all sorts of things you don't see above ground anymore.

"Ho... ly..." Mei, Power Loader, Melissa, and David all said in disbelief.

"Welcome to the Institute. This is the reality of the Institute. This place, these people, the work we do. For over a hundred years we've dedicated ourselves to humanity's survival. Decades of research, countless experiments and trials... A shared vision of how science can help shape the future." the voice said.

The elevator went down past the main floor level and down to a lower level.

"It has never been easy, and our actions are often misinterpreted by those above ground. Someday, perhaps, we can show them what we've accomplished. But for now, we must remain underground." the voice said.

The elevator reached the lower level and the door slip open. Izuku headed down a hallway as the voice continued to talk through the hallway speaker.

"There's too much at stake to risk it all. As you've seen things above are... unstable." the voice said as Izuku headed down the hallway.

He then reached a smaller elevator.

"I'd like to talk to you about what we can do... for everyone." said the voice.

"There's no way Midoriya's gonna join you, you child-kidnapping bastards!" Kirishima said at the screen.

Izuku stepped inside the elevator, pressed the button inside it, and the elevator began going up.

"But that can wait. You are here for a specific, very personal reason." the voice said.

The elevator reached its destination and Izuku stepped out to see a room that had a glass wall around it and a locked door next the glass wall. In the room was a little boy wearing a white jumpsuit and sitting on the floor with his back turned. The boy had a familiar mop of brown hair.

"You are here... for your son." the voice said.

Izuku made a light gasp and put his hand over his mouth. He put his rifle away and slowly walked over to the boy.

"This is it. He finally found his son." Jiro whispered.

"... Toshinori?" Izuku whispered.

"Huh? Yes. I'm Toshinori." the boy said as he got up and turned to face Izuku.

Izuku was nearly in tears as he stared into the boy's green eyes. The same eyes he himself had.

"Toshi? Oh my god... it's really you..." Izuku said.

"Who are you?" the boy asked, confused and a little scared.

"Toshi, it's me. I'm... I'm your dad." Izuku said.

"Father! What's going on? What's happening?" the boy called out.

"Yes! It's me! Your dad! I'm here, Toshi!" Izuku said, trying to calm the child.

"What's going on?! Father?! Father!" the boy called out, and not to Izuku.

"Something's not right." said Bakugo, suspicious.

"Shhhh. It'll be ok, Toshi. I'm here now." Izuku tried to soothe the child.

"I don't know you! Go away!" the boy cried, "Father! Father, help me! There's someone here! Help me!"

"Please, Toshi! I'm your father! Talk to me! Just open the door!" Izuku pleaded.

"Father?! Father, help me! He's trying to take me!" the boy shouted.

Just then, an elderly man wearing a lab coat, a green sweater underneath, shoes, and khakis entered the room. He was Asian, had gray hair, a gray beard, and green eyes.

The audience couldn't quite put their finger on it, but there was something familiar about the old man.

Izuku pulled out his 10mm pistol and aimed it at the elderly man.

The elderly man, on the other hand, turned his head to the panicking child.

"Toshinori. S9-23 Recall Code Cirrus." the old man said, the audience recognized his voice as the one on the intercom.

The boy suddenly powered down, and Izuku realized the boy wasn't Toshinori, but a synth made to look like him.

"Holy shit! The kid was just a synth!" Sero exclaimed.

"Then where's the real Toshi?!" Izuku said in worry.

"Fascinating... but disappointing. The child's responses were not at all what I anticipated. He's a prototype, you understand. We're only just now beginning to explore the effects of extreme emotional stimuli. Please try to keep an open mind. I recognize that you are emotional, and that your journey here has been fraught with challenges. Let's start anew. I am Father. Welcome to the Institute." said the old man, now revealed to be Father.

Izuku, on the other hand, didn't give a shit about pleasantries and just wanted his son back.

"Give me Toshi! The real Toshi! RIGHT NOW!" Izuku shouted.

"I know, I know. You've gone through such lengths to find him." Father said calmly.

"I'll make this very simple. Where is my son?" Izuku demanded.

"He's here, in the Institute. Closer than you think." Father said.

"Wait, what does he mean by that?" Ochako asked.

"Wait for it." said Luke.

"But... I need you to realize that this... situation... is far more complicated than you could have imagined. You have traveled very far, and suffered a great deal, to find your son. Well, your tenacity and dedication have been rewarded." said Father.

And then... Father said the line.

"It's good to finally meet you, after all this time. It's me. I am Toshinori. I am... your son." said Father, now revealed to be Toshinori Midoriya.

The audience was silent for a few moments. Still trying to comprehend what they just heard.

"WHAT?!" Izuku, Ochako, Inko, and Ochako's parents all shouted.

"I know you all a lot of questions. Keep watching and they'll be answered." said Luke.

Izuku was quiet for a few moments. He lowered his gun and didn't know what to say.

"Bullshit." he finally said.

"Is it? After all the things you've experienced in the Commonwealth? Think about it. In the vault, you had no concept of the passage of time. You were released from your pod, and went searching for the son... you'd lost. But then you learned that your son was no longer an infant, but a ten-year-old boy. You believed that ten years had passed. Is it really so hard to accept that it was not ten, but 60 years? That is the reality. And here I am. Raised by the Institute, and now its leader." Toshi explained.

"But why? Why take a child? Why take you?" Izuku asked.

"Ah, now that's the question, isn't it? Why me?" Toshi said, "At that time, the year 2227, the Institute had made great strides in synth production. But it was never enough. Scientific curiosity, and the goal of perfection, drove them ever onward. What they wanted was... the perfect machine. So they followed the best example thus far - the human being. Walking, talking, fully articulate... Capable of anything." Toshi explained.

"Human synths? Really?" asked Izuku.

"Human-like synths. A great distinction." Toshi said, "The Institute endeavored to create synthetic organics. The most logical starting point, of course, was human DNA. Plenty of that was available, of course, but it had all become corrupted. In this... wasteland... radiation affected everything. Even in their attempts to shield themselves from the world above, members of the Institute had been exposed. Another source was necessary."

"Even with their highly advanced underground facility, they still couldn't avoid being affected by radiation. Maybe they're not so advanced as a I thought." said Melissa.

"But then the Institute found me, after discovering records from Vault 111. An infant, frozen in time, protected from the radiation-induced-mutations that had crept into every other human cell in the Commonwealth. I was exactly what they needed. And so it was my DNA that became the basis of the synthetic organics used to create every human-like synth you see today. I am their Father. Through science, we are family. The synths, me... and you." Toshi explained.

Izuku gazed into the eyes of the old man. They were the same eyes he had... the same eyes his son had. He knew this was him. Izuku had finally found his son.

"Toshinori... It's really you..." he said.

"It really is." Toshi said.

The audience couldn't believe it. This was actually the Toshinori Midoriya of this universe.

"Toshi..." Ochako said in horror.

"Midoriya's actually younger than his own son." said Kirishima in disbelief.

"I know you must have questions. Please, anything I can do to help you understand." Toshi asked.

Izuku first wanted to know how his son became leader of the Institute.

"So you're in charge of the Institute?" asked Izuku.

"I am acting Director, yes. I spent decades working to reach this point. It's a responsibility I take very seriously. The Institute... It's important. It really is humanity's best hope for the future, no matter what those above ground might think of us." Toshi said.

"But... Director? Why you?" Izuku asked his son.

"I was the most qualified for the position... obviously." Toshi answered, "I've lived my entire life within these walls, dedicating to science like every other member of the Institute. My hard work had paid off. Ultimately the Commonwealth has nothing to fear from us. Whatever you've seen of heard, I know I can convince you of that. Just... give me time. What else can I say to ease your mind?"

Next Izuku wanted to know what the deal with a certain mercenary was.

"Bakugo... he worked for you?" Izuku asked.

"Bakugo..." Toshi said with a hint of poison in his voice, "He was an Institute asset long before I arrived here. It wasn't until I became Director that I learned of all the things he'd done... what kind of man he was."

"You knew the man was a psychopath, but you used him anyway?" Izuku scoffed.

"Would you have preferred that I turned him loose on the Commonwealth? At least keeping him on a short leash kept the collateral damage to a minimum. The Institute took advantage of Bakugo's vicious nature. I will freely admit that." Toshi admitted.

"Makes sense. Better to keep Bakugo under control than to let him loose on civilization." said Sato.

"Institute technology prolonged his life, and his usefulness, far beyond any normal human life span. He never failed the Institute, but his cruelty became more apparent with every completed objective. I won't lie: it's no coincidence your path crossed his. It seemed a fitting way to allow you... us... to have some amount of revenge." said Toshi.

"So Toshi planned to have Deku kill me? That's dark." said Bakugo.

"What else can I say to ease your mind?" asked Toshi.

Izuku then decided to bring up Ochako.

"Your mother... she never got to see you grow up." Izuku said with a sad look on his face.

"Yes, what happened to her was... I've gone over the records of the incident, of course. It seems her death was an unfortunate bit of collateral damage." Toshi said, trying to avoid eye contact with his father.

"Collateral damage?! That's all he thinks of his own mother's death?!" Tsu said angrily.

"Collateral damage? Is that all she was to you?" Izuku asked in disgust.

"I forget that it's been such a short time for you. I don't have any direct memories, and I've had my entire life to cope with the loss. Has it always been easy? Of course not. But I've done my best to move on and live my life. For many years I never questioned who my parents were; I accepted my situation and that... was that." Toshi explained as he made eye contact with his father again, "With old age comes regret, and asking what if more often. But what matters now is that you and I have a chance to begin again."

"Still a dick move that he cares that little about his own mother." said Kirishima.

"I know there's more for us to discuss, but... The Institute is on the verge of some important breakthroughs. Your presence would be... appreciated as we approach them. I've been a part of something amazing here. I've helped build a life for myself and the people of the Institute... and now, after all these years, you have an opportunity to help with that. Doesn't that intrigue you? Isn't that what you want?" Toshi asked.

"You want me to stay here, in the Institute?" Izuku said in disbelief.

"Yes, that is what I propose. Is it so hard to imagine?" Toshi answered, "The Institute can provide a better life than anything above ground. You've been in the Commonwealth. You've seen what it's like. I assure you that you are better off with us."

"How can you say that? How can you be so dismissive of all those people, everything they've done?" Izuku said, still shocked that this is what his son has become.

"Because it's the simple truth, and I believe you know it too. I simply ask that you give the Institute... me... a chance. A chance to show you what I've been telling you. We really do have humanity's best interest at heart. Will you take that chance." Toshi asked.

"Are you... sure you want this?" asked Izuku.

"Yes, I am. It would benefit us both to work together." Toshi replied.

"Don't do it, Midoriya! He may be your son, but the Institute is evil!" All Might shouted at the screen.

Izuku sighed.

"I just don't know..." he said.

"Just... give it time. Give the Institute a chance." Toshi said, "The Institute is now your home as much as it is mine. Please, take some time and get to know it. Meet the people you'll be working with. You'll want to introduce yourself to the Division Heads - Doctor Filmore in Facilities, Doctor Ayo in the SRB, Doctor Holden in BioScience. And finally Doctor Li in Advanced Systems. They've all been notified of your arrival, of course. Meet them, and then we'll discuss what comes next."

"Didn't really give him much of a choice, now did he?" said Toru.

Izuku was about to leave, but first he decided to ask his son about the child synth Toshi.

"Toshi... about this synth..." Izuku said.

"You mean the child? It's a fascinating project, really. There are issues to be solved, of course, but we've made remarkable progress." Toshi said.

"Why build it to look... like you?" asked Izuku.

"We'd advanced the technology behind the synths to a point where this struck me as an... interesting variation. A new angle, if you will. Modeling it after myself seemed only natural, what with Institute records on my genetics and physiology. I'll make sure it's brought back online in the near future. You'll have an opportunity to interact with him further. But... I'll admit. As a parent looking for his child, looking for the younger version of me... What do you think? Do you think you could love him? Like you would a real boy?" Toshi asked.

"That's a very difficult question. Midoriya's found the real Toshi, but what about the synth Toshi?" Momo said.

Izuku was silent for a few moments.

"This is all... it's just too much. I just don't know anymore." he answered.

"I understand. You've been through quite a lot. I wouldn't claim to know everything that you're feeling, but... If in some small way the boy's presence can help, I hope you'll keep that in mind." said Toshi.

After that, we see a quick montage of Izuku going around the Institute and meeting the Division Heads, as well as other people who lived in the Institute; most were very nice to him.

He also got the serum for Shishida from an abandoned part of the Institute, bought some legendary gear from a Gen 2 synth who sold items, found some holotapes with more info on the Institute, then went into the room where Gen 3 synths are made. It was an incredible process.

(A/N: I'm not in the mood to describe how Gen 3 synths are made. Just watch a video of the process on YouTube.)

Mei and Melissa had already been taking notes on how Gen 3 synths were made.

Once all that was over, Izuku went back to see his son.

"Now that you've had a chance to see the Institute first-hand, what do you think?" asked Toshi.

"You've got technology here that I've never dreamed possible. It's amazing." Izuku said.

"I'm glad you can appreciate what we've accomplished. None of it has been easy. Ultimately, all of our knowledge and resources are focused on a single goal. That goal is best summarized by our motto: Mankind - redefined." Toshi explained to his father.

"Catchy phrase." said Mineta.

"Unfortunately, no advancement comes without setbacks. As remarkable as our synths are, they can be... dangerous without proper supervision. The superior synth mind and body attempting to wrestle with something approaching free will can be a recipe for chaos." Toshi said.

"If the synths are intelligent and self-aware, then they have a right to free will." Izuku replied.

"However closely they may approximate human behavior, they are still... our creations. When you see what I have to show you, I think you'll agree that we know what is best for our synths." Toshi explained, "A rogue synth has taken over the raider gang at Libertalia. His memories have been erased and his identity altered. He believes he's a man named Gabriel. Under his leadership, the raiders have taken many innocent lives. I've dispatched a courser to Libertalia. I'd like you to rejoin him and reclaim that synth."

"Who erased his memories? And why?" Izuku asked, even though he felt like he knew the answer.

"Those idealistic radicals who call themselves the Railroad are behind it. We'll deal with them in time, but right now the priority is to reclaim that synth before more harm is done. Now, you should get moving. Many people are in danger, and a delay could cost lives." Toshi said before dismissing his father.

"The Railroad let a synth gave free will and look what happened: it became a raider boss and killed innocents." Monoma said mockingly before getting hit on the head by Kendo once again.

"Just because the synth turned evil because the Railroad gave him free will doesn't mean it's bad to give all synths free will. Every living creature has the power to make their own choices, whether good or evil. Allowing a synth to have free will and risking the possibility that synth might turn evil is no different from the possibility that allowing a human to have free will could mean they could turn evil." said Nezu.

"Wise words, Principal." Izuku said.

"Thank you, Midoriya." said Nezu.

After that, Izuku used the courser chip that was put in his Pip-Boy to teleport back to the Red Rocket Truck Stop, where all his companions were there waiting for him. He told them what happened and the fate of Toshinori, then Izuku went back to Sanctuary to give the holotape he used to scan the Institute's network to Power Loader. We also see the signal interceptor, completely fried.

"Here's that holotape you gave me. Full of Institute data, I hope." Izuku said as he handed Power Loader the holotape.

"Well alright! I'll start digging into this and see if I can make heads or tails of it." said Power Loader.

"What do you hope to find?" Izuku asked.

"Whatever the Institute doesn't want anybody to know. Al the good stuff on here's going to be encrypted, so the first job is to see if I can crack it. After that, well, I'll have to see what I've got. There's no telling what we might have grabbed off their mainframe." said Power Loader.

After that, Izuku grabbed Dogmeat and the two traveled to right near Libertalia. It looked like this:

"It truly is impressive how people have been able to rebuild things and create places to live after the bombs fell." said Iida.

Izuku approached the courser. It was the same one he saw in Bakugo's memories - Shinso.

"More screen time it seems." said Shinso.

Izuku approached Shinso, who had a few raider corpses around him.

"You must be the courser I'm supposed to meet." Izuku said.

"Yes, sir. Designation X6-88." Shinso greeted, "I've already neutralized the perimeter guard. Just give the word, and we can start the assault on the main flotilla."

"What do we know about this synth - Gabriel?" Izuku asked.

"Designation B5-92 is holed up in the shack on top of the up-ended cargo ship. He's probably got his best fighters with him, so we should plan on heavy resistance. So... are you ready to go in?" Shinso asked.

"Let's just get this over with." said Izuku.

"Right behind you, sir." said Shinso.

We get a montage of Izuku, Dogmeat, and Shinso fighting their way to the top of the half-sunken ship. They killed most of the raiders and entered Gabriel's quarters, which was right below the level Gabriel was on.

"Hold up a moment, sir. There's something important I need to tell you." said Shinso.

"What is it?" Izuku asked.

"I'm going to give you. B5-92's reset code. If he hears the code phrase, it'll reset his cognitive processes and make him docile. You need to say B5-92, initialize factory reset, followed by the authorization code gamma-7-1-epsilon." Shinso explained.

"I find it incredible that anyone could memorize that entire code." said Kaminari.

"Once he's shut down, I can transport him safely back to the Institute." said Shinso.

Izuku didn't want Gabriel to continue killing innocent people, but he also didn't want to make him a slave of the Institute again.

"I'm not going to destroy this man's identity and free will. Killing him would be more humane." he said.

"He's not a man, sir, he's a synth. A synth that's confused and dangerous. We can restore it to its proper functions, make it whole again." said Shinso, "Sir, I can't force you to use the reset code, but I know it's what Father would want. I hope you'll consider that. That's all, sir. Ready when you are."

They were about to head to the roof of the shack, but not before Izuku grabbed some loot from Gabriel's quarters, including a legendary combat shotgun, and going through the logs on Gabriel's terminal.

They then climbed up a ladder and reached the roof of the shack, where Gabriel and several other heavily armed raiders were. As soon as Izuku saw Gabriel, he blasted him with his fat man and blew the synth to bits.

"Jesus. Guess Midoriya thought the synth would want death over imprisonment." said Sero.

"What are you doing?! We were supposed to bring him back alive!" Shinso said angrily.

They killed the remaining raiders, then Izuku went over to Shinso.

"That synth was a valuable piece of technology. You're going to have to explain this to Father." Shinso said coldly, "X6-88 ready to relay back alone."

Shinso teleported back to the Institute, with Izuku sending Dogmeat back to the Truck Stop and teleporting back to the Institute not long afterward Shinso did.

Izuku went to Toshi's quarters and noticed the child synth Toshi was gone.

"I'm glad to see you return safely." said Toshi, "I know the task was difficult, but I needed you to see firsthand how dangerous a rogue synth can be."

"Why do you care about what happens on the surface? You're in your own world down here." Izuku asked.

"Because there are forces on the surface that could pose a threat to us, and only a fool ignores a possible threat. We might diminish that danger by correcting the false perception that we intend some great harm to mankind." Toshi replied, "In any case, the mission is over. While it's unfortunate that the synth was destroyed, the important thing is that you could see some of the good work we do. While you were away, I had quarters prepared for you. You'll find all the basic necessities, as well as a generous stock of arms and equipment. Go have a look. I think you'll be quite pleased."

Izuku headed to his personal quarters, where Shinso was waiting outside from.

"Your quarters are just inside, sir." said Shinso.

Izuku entered the room and looked around. It was a small room, but it had a bed, a lounge, and a bathroom. He grabbed some ammo and clean clothes from the room.

"When you're finished here, sir, Father wants to see you." said Shinso.

Izuku headed back to Toshi's room.

"Son." Izuku greeted.

"Ah, hell, father." Toshi greeted, "Tell me, what would you do when someone has stolen from you?"

"That's a loaded question. What's been stolen from you?" Izuku asked.

"Institute property is not often taken from us. We cannot react lightly when it happens. The group that calls themselves The Railroad has acquired several synths from the Institute, synths that had gone missing in recent months. They no doubt mean to free these synths, in their delusion that synths are somehow sentient beings. You've been in contact with the Railroad, so you're aware of their misguided beliefs." said Toshi.

"They mean well; they're only doing what they think is right." said Izuku.

"You dealt with Libertalia. That's the result of their selfish, short-sighted plan. Usually they are a minor nuisance, but lately they have become more emboldened. I'm afraid we've reached a point where a response is necessary. We have learned the current location of these synths, and need to re-acquire them before the Railroad can hide them." Toshi explained.

"Where are the synths located?" Izuku asked.

"A small settlement at the old Bunker Hill monument." answered Toshi, "But it's important that we act on this soon, before the Railroad has any indication we've tracked them. We also don't want the Brotherhood of Steel getting wind of the presence of the synths. That would only complicate matters."

"Is it just me, or will I have backup?" asked Izuku.

"A courser will be waiting for you outside Bunker Hill. You'll have support should you need it, but we want to keep this small." said Toshi.

After that, Izuku left the Institute, but before going to Bunker Hill, he decided to help the Brotherhood of Steel with Fort Strong.

We cut to after Izuku and Kirishima cleared out the super mutants there and secured the stockpile of fat man shells. Izuku, wearing his Brotherhood power armor but with no helmet, approached Elder Tetsutestu on the Prydwen.

"Outstanding work at Fort Strong, soldier." said Tetsutetsu.

"What happens at Fort Strong now?" asked Izuku.

"Paladin Kirishima is supervising the transfer of the fat man warheads to the Prydwen... they'll provide quite an edge in our arsenal. I've also ordered a detachment to occupy the location and use it as a staging area to protect the eastern side of the airport. All-in-all, you handed us quite a valuable location." said Tetsutetsu.

"Eh. It was a piece of cake." Izuku said sarcastically.

"I'm glad you feel that way, because it only gets more difficult from here. In order to bring the Institute to its knees, we need to use every weapon at our disposal. I try to supply my soldiers with the best. That's why I'm giving you these." Tetsutetsu said as he handed Izuku these blue cylinder-shaped grenades, "Signal grenades can call a vertibird to your location when you need aerial transport. Simply throw one to the ground, and the vertibird will hone in on the unique electromagnetic smoke it emits. Once you're aboard, use the map on your Pip-Boy to interface with the pilot's navigation system so he'll be able to take you wherever you need."

"Will the vertibird stay and help me fight?" asked Izuku.

"I'm afraid I can't spare a fully-armed gunship for this task. A standard transport will have to suffice. Of course, nothing's stopping you from using the door gun while in flight." said Tetsutetsu.

"Where can I get more of these grenades?" Izuku asked.

"I'd use the supply I have you sparingly. These devices are far more complex than a standard smoke grenade. Should you need more, you should acquire them from Proctor Teagan." said Tetsutetsu.

"Thank you, Elder. I'll make good use of them." Izuku said, trying to put on a nice face.

"I expect that you will. Now, I'm sure you're aware that Fort Strong was simply the first step towards liberation of the Commonwealth. An even greater task lies ahead. Our latest intelligence tell us you've infiltrated the Institute and liberated a valuable holotape from their facility." said Tetsutetsu.

Izuku made a quick glare at Kirishima.

"I'm quite disappointed you chose to build the signal interceptor without the Brotherhood, Knight. However, you've secured passage to and from their facility which was one of our primary goals, so I'm willing to overlook your lapse of judgement. Since you've accelerated our plans, I now have two missions for you to complete. First and foremost, I want you to bring that holotape to Proctor Ingram right away. There could be data vital to the success of our mission on that tape, so we can't afford to take any chances. The second part of your mission requires a bit of background to explain. About ten years ago, the Brotherhood began recruiting civilian scientists from the Capital Wasteland to assist with various projects. During this process, we were able to obtain the services of Doctor Madison Li, a noted mind in the field of nuclear engineering." explained Tetsutetsu.

"By recruiting, you mean they forced her to join." Izuku said in annoyance.

"Being at war leaves little room for compassion. That said, Doctor Li's contributions to our cause were instrumental in maintaining order in the Capital Wasteland. After some time, she developed differences with the Brotherhood and exiled herself to the Commonwealth. We're fairly certain that her intent was to make contact with the Institute." Tetsutetsu explained.

"Doctor Madison Li is one of the scientists Izuku met in the Institute. She helped create the child synth Toshi and played a large part in Fallout 3." Luke explained.

"I'm surprised that the Brotherhood let her go." said Izuku.

"Had I been in command, I wouldn't have allowed that to happen. She was a valuable asset." said Tetsutestu.

"So I'd force a woman to help the Brotherhood against her will. Great way of showing the Brotherhood are the good guys, other me." Tetsutetsu sarcastically said to the screen.

"Your mission is simple. Once you're inside the Institute, we want you to track down Doctor Li's whereabouts. If you find out that she's still alive, make contact with her and convince her to return to the Brotherhood of Steel. There's a special project we're working on, and it needs her attention." Tetsutetsu ordered.

"What's this project that needs her attention?" asked Izuku.

"Doctor Li previously worked on a potent weapon for the Brotherhood of Steel. We'd like her to continue where she left off. That's all I can tell you." said Tetsutestu.

"The weapon is a giant robot that shoots lasers and throws nukes. But we're not gonna be seeing that in this version of the story." said Luke.

"Just keep your mind on the mission, and don't let anything I say sway you from your duty. Good luck, Knight." Tetsutetsu said as he did the Brotherhood salute to Izuku.

Izuku then left the Prydwen with Kirishima and headed back to the Truck Stop. Once they were there, Izuku got out of his Brotherhood power armor.

"Aren't you going to get that holotape and give it to Ingram?" Kirishima asked.

"Nope." Izuku said, as he didn't give a shit about following orders from Tetsutetsu.

After that, it cut to night time and in the rain as we see Izuku and Kaminari arriving near Bunker Hill where the courser was. It was a different courser this time, not Shinso.

"I've been waiting for you." the courser said.

"Yeah, the line at the car wash was super long. Took me forever." Izuku joked.

"Your attempt at humor is wasted." the courser said in annoyance, "Our targets are inside: four synths under Railroad protection. Majority of the settlement is uninvolved, and are expected to run for cover."

Brotherhood vertibirds were heard in the sky. Izuku didn't tell the Brotherhood about the synths at Bunker Hill, so they must have found out on their own.

"The situation appears to have escalated. A covert approach is likely impossible. We move in, secure the synths, and I relay our with them and back to the Institute. Clear?" the courser said.

"Should we try and avoid killing people?" Izuku questioned.

"Irrelevant. Any threats between us and the target are to be eliminated. Only the synths matter." said the courser.

"This mission is going to be a lot of fun, Courser Buddy." Kaminari joked.

Gunshots were heard at Bunker Hill.

"The mission's parameters just changed. We go in shooting. Requesting backup relay now." said the courser.

Izuku, Kaminari, and the courser made their way towards Bunker Hill, where they saw Brotherhood soldiers, Railroad heavys, and the settlers of Bunker Hill all fighting. There were also Gen 2 synths in Institute gear teleporting into the area and joining the fight.

Izuku didn't have time to warn Kendo and the Railroad about the Institute attack on Bunker Hill, but he assumed they were already prepared anyway.

The three fought their way into Bunker Hill. Izuku and Kaminari only killed Brotherhood members, not any Railroad agents or civilians. Izuku even managed to shoot down a few Brotherhood vertibirds. He also decided to loot the holotags off the dead Brotherhood soldiers.

"Souvenirs, I guess." said Kaminari.

They then made it into the basement below Bunker Hill and fought their way past some more Brotherhood members until they reached the four synths at the very end. Each of them were terrified.

"Here they are." said the courser.

"God, it's a courser!" cried one of the synths.

"Oh, no!" said one of the other synths in fear.

"Issue the reset codes and we'll relay back to the Institute. Time is critical." the courser told Izuku.

Izuku on the other hand could see the fear and terror in these synths eyes. He walked up to one of them.

"Alright, synth." Izuku said.

"Please!" the synth cried.

"Why don't you want to go back?" Izuku asked the terrified synth.

"I... I don't know. I wanted... My own life, I guess." said the synth.

Izuku decided this was where it all stopped.

"You're safe. Calm down." Izuku reassured the synth.

"You're not going to send me back?" the synth asked in surprise.

"I cannot allow you to let these synths free. You will be terminated and your actions will be reported." the courser said before becoming hostile to Izuku and Kaminari.

Luckily, Izuku and Kaminari were able to very quickly take out the courser. After that, they checked to see if the synths were ok.

"You've given us another chance at life... We won't forget it." said the synth from earlier.

The other synths thanks Izuku and Kaminari, then the two left while fighting their way through the Gen 2 synths and remaining Brotherhood members.

After that, Izuku sent Kaminari back to the Truck Stop teleported back to the Institute to talk to Toshi, but was told that Toshi had actually gone outside for the very first time and was currently on the roof of the CIT ruins.

Izuku went up there and saw his son gazing at the sun rising over the remains of the Commonwealth.

"Toshi." Izuku said to his son.

"You know, in all my years, I've never set foot outside the Institute. Not once, since the day they brought me here. I've never had a reason." said Toshi.

"Must be nice to finally get some fresh air. Especially since he hasn't had a whiff of fresh air since he was a baby over 200 years ago." said Mina.

"But now... this just confirms the trust I've always known. The Commonwealth is... dead. There's no future here. The only hope for humanity lies below." said Toshi.

"It's not so bad, really. People manage." Izuku said.

"Perhaps. But at costs too great to be worth it. Standing here, I'm reminded of how fortunate I am that I was spared a life in this wasteland. I know that to you, I was kidnapped from that vault. In truth, the Institute recused me. Both of us, really." said Toshi.

Izuku decided to ask some more questions as to what his part was in all this.

"Bakugo called me... the backup." Izuku said.

"Did he? Well, he was correct. I was the perfect candidate; an infant with uncorrupted DNA. But if something were to go wrong... if I died... Well, the Institute realized a contingency plan was prudent. Another source of pre-war DNA, preferably related to their primary subject. It only made sense that my parents should fill that role. So, you were kept alive and safe within the vault." Toshi explained.

"So I lived, while almost everyone in the vault died... Including my wife." Izuku said sadly.

"I'll admit, when I had you released from Vault 111, I had no expectations that you'd survive out here, in all this. To not only do so, but manage to find me... to infiltrate the Institute itself... Extraordinary." said Toshi.

"So, wait, Toshi's the one who unfroze me?" Izuku questioned.

"Keep watching." said Luke.

"So it was you. You let me out." Izuku said.

"Yes, it was my decision." said Toshi, "Certainly it was no longer necessary to keep you suspended... I... Well, I suppose I wanted to see what would happen. An experiment, of sorts. I had no idea what kind of man you were, you see. Would the Commonwealth corrupt you, as it has to everything else? Would you even survive? Perhaps most curious to me... would you, after all this time, attempt to find me? Now I know the answer."

"It wouldn't have hurt to unfreeze me a few decades sooner." Izuku mumbled.

"Toshi, you need to know... I still love you." Izuku said.

"Awwww." said the audience.

"This is a very nice scene." said Todoroki.

"I can see that you do. It's... well, it's remarkable. Soon I hope... I hope you'll understand. Everything I've done has been for the future." Toshi said before his expression changed from kindness, to a bit of angriness, "A future which, I hope, is not in jeopardy after recent events. Bunker Hill did not go well for us. Would you care to explain what happened?"

"Uh-oh..." said Jiro.

Izuku sighed.

"I made a choice. I let the synths go free." he admitted.

"Why? Why would you do something so... so stupid?" Toshi asked.

"There were afraid. They didn't want to come back here." Izuku said.

"Afraid?! They're machines, artificial! They're incapable of being afraid!" Toshi shouted, "This was such a simple task, I just don't understand. I know you're capable of handling yourself. How can I expect you to represent the Institute if this sort of thing continues?"

Izuku couldn't take it anymore. He never even agreed to be part of the Institute.

"What if I don't want to represent the Institute? Have you thought about that?" Izuku asked.

"To be quite honest: no, I hadn't considered that. It would be such a poor decision on your part, I had not given it much thought." said Toshi.

Izuku finally made a decision. A decision that would change everything.

"I can't do it, Toshinori. I can't be a part of this anymore." he said with a sad look on his face.

Toshi's face turned to sadness as well.

"I am... very sorry to hear that. I had hoped we could be something... like a family again. I hoped you shared our vision for the future. I'm afraid there's no room for sentimentality, father. If you are not with us, then you are against us. Whatever you do going forward, do not interfere with the Institute's plans." Toshi warned.

"Oh, my god... They're gonna become enemies, aren't they?" Ochako said.

Luke didn't say anything.

"I hope... I hope you can find some amount of peace." said Toshi.

Izuku on the other hand couldn't believe this is what his son had become.

"I dreamed of you as an adult for so long. Here you are... and I'm so disappointed." he said with a disgusted look.

"Goodbye... Father." Toshi said.

And with a flash of bright blue light, Toshinori teleported away, leaving Izuku alone. He collapsed to his knees and began crying.

The screen went black.

"There's one more Fallout chapter left. Izuku's gonna build up the Minutemen and take the fight to Toshi and the Institute." said Luke.

Thx for reading. Also as to why Izuku looted the holotags off the dead Brotherhood soldiers, that's because I usually do that in a Fallout 4 gameplay and I throw them in a trash can I have at the Red Rocket Truck Stop.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 5K 24
What if Hatsume Mei found a way to see into a person different futures? What if she made a helmet that could read these very future? What if class 1A...
126K 1.2K 14
Class 1-A and others are transported to a theater to watch alternate versions of themselves. Pretty self explanatory.
14.8K 285 20
All of class 1-A are sitting in the dorms having fun when 1-A,1-B, and UA staff are teleported to a theater with the league of villains where they me...
4.9K 191 14
Izuku Midoriya has no idea what is happening. Who are these people? Who brought them to this place? Why must they learn about other timelines? With n...