Summer Love - James Worpel

By gobulldogs_

It started out as a fling, but little did they know it would turn into something more than that. After it di... More

A/N & Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Epilogue

Chapter 73

124 6 2
By gobulldogs_

The next week flies past and before we know it, Christmas comes, then goes just as fast as it came. 

We had lunch at James' parent's house, then had dinner at my parent's house. It was good seeing everyone again, all gathered around the table, plates loaded, everyone laughing and catching up on what's been missed since we all last saw each other. 

James' family have become my family now, especially since we're engaged, I will be changing my last name to Worpel, unless he wants to change his name to Bontempelli, but I don't see that happening. 

Today though, is New Years Eve, and James and I are hosting a New Years Eve party since no-one else wanted to host, and everyone was stubborn when we suggested places to go out. 

Marcus and Em wouldn't have been able to come out as they would've had to dump their kids somewhere, this way if it was at someone's house, the kids could just play then crash on the couch when they're tired. Which is fair enough. Besides, Em literally has 3 month old babies to look after too. I doubt she'd want to lug the twins around. 

James and I have finally finished setting up everything and can now relax. We're ordering Pizza's for dinner so that's pretty stress free. It's going to be delivered at around 7:30, 8pm. James being the genius he is, suggested that we ordered it now and gave them a specific time to deliver it. The pizza place near us was very happy to do that, which is good. 

"And now, we wait." James says and I chuckle as I take a seat down next to him, sighing as I am exhausted from all the work I've done in the past couple of days.

"Yep." I say. "The cleaning that I've done in these past couple of days has really gotten to me." 

"I can tell. How about we have a nap?" He suggests, grabbing me and pulling me so that my head is on his chest. 

"Sounds like a great plan." I say closing my eyes as he plays with my hair. 

Within a few minutes, I feel myself drifting off to sleep... 

James' POV: 

I look down at my gorgeous fiancé and smile. The poor girl was so exhausted. She completely tore the house to shreds these past couple of days, that's how much she was cleaning it. Making sure everything was spotless so that tonight can be perfect. All for it to become a complete mess in about 5 or 6 hours time. 

I did help her, but she was determined to do most of it on her own. I think she was trying to prove a point to her mother that she could give the house a good clean, but in doing so, she overworked herself. Hopefully this nap helps her, so that she can stay up until midnight, as I want to share this special moment with her. 

Tahls is fast asleep. Her head still lying on my chest. I need to get up to go and double check the backyard, but I know that if I move I'll wake her. 

I sit there for a couple more minutes, wondering whether I could get up without waking her. 

I decide to try it. I slowly, place my hand underneath her head, lifting it slightly, before slowly getting up, and placing a pillow in place. I gently lower her head onto the pillow, and she takes in a breath, which startles me, before breathing out, her eyes still closed. I sigh a huge sigh of relief. 

I tip toe around the house, and out the sliding door, where I head outside. 

I walk around the decking and inspect everything, making sure it's all perfect, before heading back inside. 

When I walk back over to the couch, Tahls is awake, she sits up, looking at me and frowns. 

"I got scared that you left me." She says and I walk over to her, cupping her face in my hands. 

"I'd never leave you baby." I say. "Not for long anyway." 

"I was so comfortable." She pouts and I smile. 

"I promise I won't leave this time." I say sitting down on the couch next to her as she snuggles into me. 

She rests her head on my shoulder, and I rest my head on her head. We both let out a synchronised yawn, before we both fall asleep, the hard work from the last couple of days, finally catching up to us... 

A couple of hours later..... 

Tahls' POV: 

I wake up, my vision all blurry. I blink a few times before I look around the room, wondering where I am. I feel something on my head. It's heavy, and I can hear a light snore coming from above me. Then I realise that we fell asleep in this position. 

I stretch my neck, one side, to the other as now it is sore from being positioned in that one spot on James' shoulder. Probably not the most comfortable thing to fall asleep on, but it's the quality of sleep that counts, and that's what I got. 

I feel very refreshed and energised. That sleep, was the best thing I could've possibly done today. 

I grab my phone off the coffee table and sigh when I realise the time. 

It's 5:30. James and I have to start getting ready. 

I look over at James, who is still snoring lightly and sigh. I don't want to wake him, he looks so peaceful, and he's always grumpy when he wakes up. 

I sigh again, leaning over to him and placing a kiss on his cheek, before running my hands through his hair a couple of times, which makes him wake up. 

He lifts his head up, looking at me before placing a kiss on my lips and smiling. 

"Hey." He says, his voice raspy and I smile. 

"Hey. Glad you're not grumpy." 

"Not when I wake up to you playing with my hair." He says and I smile. 

"Good, now I know how to wake you up without causing world war 5 million." I say sarcastically and he laughs. 

"Aw stop. I'm not that bad am I?" 

"Sometimes, you bite my head off." 

"Sorry for that." 

"No need to apologise, we're both definitely not morning people." 

"Yep, sure aren't. Speaking of morning, what time is it? We haven't slept through to the New Year have we?" 

"I think we would've been woken up by our guests, so no, it's still the 31st of December." 

"Damn. I'm kinda regretting doing this whole party now. I kind of like the idea of us sitting on the couch watching movies till the new year." 

"Should we cancel?" James asks and I laugh. 

"Sounds more like us. But, we can't disappoint our guests. Baz has been hyping this party up for a few weeks now, so we can't afford to cancel this last minute." 

"He should've just thrown a party himself." 

"You know he doesn't like hosting, as it takes work." I say rolling my eyes and James laughs. 

"Oh yes, sorry I forgot." He says holding his hands up in front of him in surrender and I laugh. 

"You can stir him about it later, as of now, I am going upstairs to figure out what the hell I'm going to wear." I say getting up and making my way to the stairs. 

"Want to know my opinion?" 

"Yes." I say, stopping at the edge of the stairs to look at James. 

"I reckon the white set." 

"The set?" 

"Yes. You looked absolutely stunning in it when you tried it on. I reckon that one." 

"Alright... I'll see." I say turning around and walking up the stairs and into our bedroom to choose what to wear... 

Half an hour of umming and ahhing. I caved and went with the white set that James said. It's a gorgeous crop top to skirt set in white from Shien. Actually the first thing I ever bought from there as I thought the quality was crap, but it's actually better than I expected. 

I head downstairs where James is waiting for me and he smiles, that adorable smile I've fallen in love with. 

"Stunning as always." He says and I smile. 

"Stop James. I didn't think it was possible to love someone as much as I love you." 

"Aw." He says wrapping his arms around me and placing kisses on my cheek which makes me smile. 

"You look gorgeous as usual." 

"Thanks." He says, unwrapping his arms from me and walking over to the kitchen, where he picks up a cucumber from one of the platters. I run over to him an swat his hand away before he has time to dip it in the olive dip. 

"You can't touch that... not yet anyway." 

"OH come on, it's nearly 7." 

"I understand that babe, but it needs to look presentable." 

"It looks completely fine." He says and I sigh. 

"You're lucky I love you." I say rolling my eyes and he gives me a devilish smile. 

Not long later our guests start rolling in, one by one, our house fills up to the brim.... 

------------------------

 A couple hours later I am sitting on the couch outside with Baz and Naughts, sipping on a vodka cruiser that is barely wanting to make it down. 

"You're such a lightweight." Baz teases "One drink and you're done." 

"Shut up." I say rolling my eyes. "I'm not even drunk." 

"You couldn't walk in a straight line before." Aaron says and I roll my eyes again. 

"I so could." 

"You sure about that?" 

"Positive." I say. 

"How about you walk in a straight line now for me?" Aaron challenges 

"Fine." I say getting up, wobbling a bit as I stand up. 

I then proceed to walk from the couch to the table and back. I wobble a bit, but manage to walk in a relatively straight line. That's what I think anyway, until I sit back down on the couch and Baz shows me a video he took. 

"You're wasted." He says and I laugh. 

"Oh god, maybe I am." 

"And how many cruisers have you had?" 

"Uhhh, I don't know, maybe like 3 or 4." I slur again and Aaron laughs. 

"I think you've had more than that hun." He says just as James walks over to us. 

"Tahls." James says. "Thought you'd wanna remember this night." 

"I will, r-remember it." I say and James laughs. 

"Okay sure, I'll quiz you on it tomorrow." He says and I roll my eyes. 

"Whatever." I say letting out a yawn. "I'm tired, I wanna go to bed." 

"At least make it to midnight, there's like half an hour." Baz says. 

"Shit there is?"

"Yep." 

"Oh damn." I say and the boys laugh. 

"She's definitely had a bit too much to drink." Baz says nudging James and he chuckles. 

"God help me tomorrow." James says before walking over to the esky and grabbing a bottle of water. He hands it to me and I sigh, grabbing it from him and sipping on it. 

It's going to be a long half an hour.... 

James' POV: 

"Wanna dance?" I ask Tahls and she shakes her head. 

"I can't be bothered." 

"Come on, time will go much quicker if you're busting some moves with me." 

"And me." Baz chimes in and we look at Naughts who looks at us dumbfounded. 

"Oh, yeah.. me too." He says and I smile at her. 

"Alright fine." She says getting up and grabbing my hand, walking over to where a Ads and Dunks are busting some moves, both of them drunk as well.  

I spin Tahls around and she smiles as we move our bodies to the music. I watch her as she gets lost in the words of the song that's playing. Forever by Chris Brown. She always goes on about how it's her favourite song, and that it would mean the world to her if we could play it at our wedding. Of course, I will follow her wish and make it come true for her. Tahlia is a very idealistic person, and I know that she will do anything in her power to make sure that we dance to this song. And if I'm being honest, I'm not too fussed. As long as she's happy, I'm happy, and seeing her dancing the way she is, makes me adore her so much more. I wish she was more carefree like she is now, she puts too much pressure on herself when she doesn't need too. If I'm being honest, Tahlia is good at everything she puts her mind to. 

I am brought out of my thoughts when she says something I don't quite catch. 

"5 minutes." She whispers in my ear and I smile. 

"Come with me." I say looking at her, before grabbing her hand and pulling her away from everyone. 

"Where are we going?" She asks and I smile, as I pull her inside. 

We walk up the stairs and to our bedroom, where I open the sliding door to the balcony.... 

Tahls' POV: 

"Here's where we're going." He says and I smile. 

"What are we doing up here when we have a house full of people." 

"I want to spend this moment with you and you only, who gives a shit about everyone else. You're the most important person in my life, and this is a very special moment." 

"You're so cute." I say wrapping my arms around his neck and leaning in to kiss him.

"Tahls." He says and I look straight into his gorgeous eyes. 

"Yes?" I ask innocently. 

"You are the best thing that has happened to me." He says sweetly and my heart skips a beat. 

"James." I say my eyes tearing up a little bit. 

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. And it's crazy to think that very soon, we'll be husband and wife." 

"I can't wait for that either." He smiles, placing kisses on my neck which makes me giggle. 

"You never giggle." James says looking at me with a smirk and I shrug. 

"Must be the alcohol." 

"I can tell you've sobered up." 

"Well, I have a fiancé who loves to look after me." I say and he smiles, pulling me into a hug as we hear everyone counting down the seconds till the new year. 

Five.

Four

Three

Two 

One 

"HAPPY NEW YEAR" James and I say at the same time. 

I look up at him, my arms wrapped around his neck, as he looks down at me, both of us smiling we lean in and our lips meet as fireworks go off around us. 

I place on hand in his hair, whilst the other is still around his neck as our kiss deepens. 

We stay like this for a couple more seconds before we pull away. 

"Happy New Year baby." He says and I smile. 

"Happy New Year." I say resting my head on his chest. He spins us around so that we're facing the railing of the balcony. We stand there, arms around each other, watching the fireworks go off in the sky in the distance... 

***

They're so cute omg! 

Hope you enjoyed the update! 

Next update out soon!!

PS; I am going to try and update more regularly but I'm not making any promises :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.2K 2.6K 51
Maddy is an artist who takes her passion to another level. She wanted to make sure that she could live up to the fact that everything she set her min...
294K 8.1K 78
Everyone falls in love with the bad boys! Why is it like that? But are the bad boys that bad? Maybe someone can bring out their good side? Will Baile...
220K 4K 122
What happens when they start to catch feelings for each other. Will they end the "relationship" or Will they play into their emotions towards each ot...
345K 9.7K 48
"'Bye.' I say after Edwin's kiss. He gives me a small smile that honestly looks more like a grimace. It makes me a little uncomfortable having him ki...