Summer Love - James Worpel

由 gobulldogs_

It started out as a fling, but little did they know it would turn into something more than that. After it di... 更多

A/N & Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Epilogue

Chapter 71

141 7 12
由 gobulldogs_

The next couple of days in Noosa fly by pretty fast. 

I am enjoying my time here with James and it's bringing back so many memories of the time we spent here together a couple of years ago. 

It feels nice being back here, it's where James and I first met, and where our journey started. Obviously we were mates for ages, but it's bittersweet knowing that this place was the beginning for us. 

We're chilling by the pool when James turns to me with a massive smile on his face. 

"So, what did you wanna do tonight?" 

"Hmm, maybe we could stay in?" I say and he chuckles. 

"Last two nights were a bit full on aye?" 

"Well, yeah, staying in doesn't seem like that bad of an idea." 

"It doesn't." He says with a smirk and I frown at him. 

"What's up with you?" 

"Nothing, why?" 

"I don't know.. you're like very happy." 

"Can't I be happy to be spending time with you?" 

"Babe we live together." 

"Doesn't matter." He says and I frown at him again. 

"You've planned something and are gonna surprise me tonight aren't you?" 

"No!" He says trying to put a straight face on and I laugh. 

"You don't have a very good poker face." 

"I promise you I'm not." He says and I nod. 

"Sure sure, if we're going out you better tell me cause I need to have a shower and it'll take me ages to straighten my hair then picking an outfit." I say and James chuckles. 

"Well, we better get going then." James says and I nod, getting up and grabbing our stuff before making our way to our apartment. 

We walk through the lobby, where James presses the button for the elevator and we wait a couple of minutes before it dings, and the doors open. We wait for some people to come out before we step in. James presses the number 30 and the doors close.

"Where the hell are you taking me?" 

"Calm down, I was just going to suggest that we go for a walk." 

"So I can wear like shorts and a top?" 

"How about you go for a shower and I'll pick out what I think you should wear." 

"You'd do that for me?" I say looking at him and he smiles, walking over to me and placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Of course." He says and I smile. 

"Okay." I say as the doors on the elevator open and James and I walk out. I follow James down the hallway to our apartment, where he scans the key card, before pushing the door open. 

I head straight for the shower whilst James heads to our bedroom to pick something out for me.... 

James' POV: 

Walking into the bedroom I head over to where Tahls' suitcase is and open it. I take out some clothes before I find the dress I knew she packed. 

I lay it out on the bed with a couple of other things before walking out of the bedroom and sitting down on the couch, turning the Tv on and flicking through the channels. A few minutes later I get an incoming call from a random number. I normally don't answer numbers I don't know but I feel like this could be something to do with what I have planned. 

"Hello?" I answer, waiting for the person on the otherwise to respond. 

I smile instantly when I hear the familiar voice I spoke to earlier in the week. 

"So you're saying everything is set up? And everything will work out?" 

"Okay great lovely, thanks so much." I say before hanging up and smiling just as Tahls walks out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body and her hair dripping wet. It's parted in the middle, and I smile. 

"That was quick." 

"I don't muck around." She shrugs and I chuckle. 

"Who were you on the phone with?" 

"Oh Bont just rang to see how we were going." I lie and she nods. 

"Oh okay." She says unimpressed with my answer and I laugh. 

"Who did you think it was?" 

"I dunno, someone more interesting?" 

"You are your brother's sister." 

"What did I sound like him when I said I dunno?" 

"You sure did." I say and she smiles. "Anyway, so what dress did you pick out for me?" 

"Let's go have a look." I say, getting off the couch and following her into the bedroom.... 

Tahls' POV: 

I walk into the bedroom to see my gorgeous black sequin dress laid out on the bed with some heels on the floor and the infinity necklace James got me ages ago. 

"James." I say. "Why do I need to be this dressy if we're just going for a walk?" 

"Okay, there's more to the walk but it'll ruin everything if I tell you." 

"So you have something planned?" I question and he doesn't say anything, he just stands there before saying. 

"I'm gonna have a shower." He says making a run for it before I have time to question him and I groan. I look down at the dress and sigh. I take the towel off, putting on my bra and underwear before sliding the dress on and putting the heels on. I look at myself in the mirror and smile. 

James' mind will be blown when he see's me in this dress. I think. But why am I getting this dressed up for  a walk.. he couldn't be... proposing... could he? There's no way.. I mean if he did I'd say yes obviously but like.. I don't think he would.... not this soon anyway.. I continue to think then sigh. 

Of course I am overthinking everything. I should just calm down... I think just as James walks back into the bedroom with a massive grin on his face. I am too busy being blown away by his smile when I notice that he just has a towel wrapped around his waist... 

"You look gorgeous." He says, walking up to me, grabbing my hand and spinning me around which makes me giggle. 

"Stop I love you." I say and he smiles. 

"I love you more." He admits before looking at the infinity necklace and running over to grab it, picking it up off the bed and smiling. 

"Can't forget this." He says and I smile, moving my hair to the side so that he can clip the necklace around my neck. 

"Gorgeous." He says and I smile. 

"You are making me fall in love with you more and more with each day I spend with you." 

"Good." He says and I slap him lightly. 

"Get dressed." I say and he smirks. 

"Why? Don't I look hot?" He jokes and I roll my eyes. 

"You could wear the most ridiculous thing and you'd still look hot." I say. "Although I am enjoying looking at the abs on display." I add and he laughs. 

"I knew abs were your weakness." 

"I can name heaps of yours." 

"Go on." 

"There's too many to list." I say and he laughs again. 

"Fair enough, anyways get outta here so I can get changed." 

"Fine." I say walking out of the bedroom as James shuts the door. 

I walk over to the kitchen, pouring myself a glass of water and having a drink, before walking over to the couch. 

I take a seat, turning the Tv on and flicking through the channels.

A couple of minutes later James walks out of the bedroom wearing a white Ralph Lauren shirt with a light khaki shorts, and some slip on shoes. 

"Look at you all dressed up." I say, getting up and walking over to him. I look up at him and smile, as he looks down at me. I love how he's still taller than me even when I'm wearing heels. Just goes to show that I'm a shortass. 

"Do I look hot?" 

"You do." I say and he chuckles. 

"Good." He says, walking over to the fridge and grabbing a couple of water bottles, handing one to me before walking over to the Tv to turn it off. Once that's done, he walks over to me, grabs my hand, and leads us out of the apartment. 

I have so many questions racing through my mind as James presses the button for the elevator and we wait. As much as I want to get it out of him, I find it adorable that he's gone to extreme lengths to organise something for us to do, so I want him to have the satisfaction of my raw reaction. So I keep my mouth shut. 

"I'm surprised you haven't bugged me with questions." James smiles at me and I sigh. 

"It's killing me, but I am actually intrigued to see what you've got planned." 

"Really now?" 

"Yep." I sigh and he chuckles just as the door opens and James and I walk in. 

I press the button to go to ground floor and the doors close. 

"God I hate elevators." I say and James chuckles. 

"Why?" 

"I'm always scared that one day it'll just stop and I'll get stuck in here and no one will come and find me so I'll be stuck in here forever." I explain and James laughs. 

"You're so dramatic. The chances of that happening is pretty slim you know." 

"Very slim, but it's not like it never happens." 

"Do you actually know someone who's been stuck in one?" 

"Nope." 

"See? If it was that common you'd know someone who's been stuck." James says and I nod. 

"I guess that's true." I say just as the elevator stops, and the doors open. 

James grabs my hand again as we walk out, through the lobby to head outside where we jump in an Uber.

"Sunshine Coast please." 

"Sunshine Coast?" I say looking at James and he nods, then smiles. 

"Just trust me." 

"Okay." I say sitting back in my seat as the Uber driver starts the car, and we make the 40 minute drive from Noosa to the Sunshine Coast... 

Forty minutes later and the Uber drops us off in this little town and James and I go for a little bit wander. 

"I thought we were going to the city?" I say and James chuckles. 

"We will, later." He says tightening his grip on my hand and I look at him, he seems a bit nervous. 

"Do you even know where you're going?" 

"In fact, I do." He says as we turn the corner and see this massive field with a little shop next to it. I scan my eyes across the field and my jaw drops when I see what James has planned for us. 

"Hot air ballooning?" I say looking at him and James nods. 

"OH MY GOD JAMES." I say full of excitement and James laughs. 

"I was a bit iffy because I know you aren't a fan of heights, but it's completely safe up there and besides, you can just hold onto me if you get scared." 

"I would never go up there with anyone else but you." I say and he smiles. 

"Good to know because I'm the same." He states before grabbing my hand. We walk down to the little shop, which turns out to be the check in for the hot air balloon flight. 

James does all the talking as I have no idea what trip we're taking, or the deal we're going on. All I know is that in approximately half an hour, I'll be up in the sky. 

Not long later James and I walk down to the field where a hot air balloon has been prepared and we get in. 

"It's bigger than I thought." I say to James and the pilot laughs. 

"It would be very unsafe if it was smaller." 

"True." I say looking at James who smiles as we direct our attention to the pilot. 

"Hey guys, how are you?" 

"We're good yourself?" 

"Yeah good good." He says and I smile. 

"Alright so, it'll take about 10-15 minutes for the balloon to head up into the sky, from then we'll probably drift about 12 kilometres depending on which way the wind is blowing, but don't worry, I will get you both back down safely." The pilot says and I nod. 

"Wonderful." I say and James smiles. 

"You alright?" 

"Yes! I am nervous, but I'm excited." 

"That's what we like to hear! Because you are a bit scared of heights, I won't go too high to start with, then if you're comfortable we can head higher. Sound good?" 

"Sounds perfect." I say looking at the pilot who smiles. 

"Alrighty, let's get this show on the road." 

Going up in the air was different to how I expected it to be, it didn't even feel like we were moving, that's how weightless the balloon feels. The only way I knew we were up in the sky, was by looking over the basket and see's the gorgeous view of the town we're in. 

It's like magic, the way we're just floating up in the air, barely moving. Don't know why I expected it to be any different because it's definitely not an aeroplane. It's more elegant and graceful the way it just follows the direction of the wind. 

I look at James who smiles, walking over to me and wrapping an arm around me, before handing me a glass of wine. 

"We're allowed to drink on here?" 

"Of course." The pilot says and I smile. 

"That's cool." I say turning back to James who smiles. 

I grab my phone out, snapping a few photos of the view, and a video to post on my Instagram story before snapping a few photos of James and I. 

"This is amazing." I say to James. "Look at the view."

 "It's gorgeous innit?" James says and I nod. 

"How did you even come up with this idea?" I ask and James shrugs. 

"Dunno, I just thought it would be romantic for the two of us to be up in the sky together." 

"Well, it definitely is romantic." 

"I'm just glad you're enjoying it because I wasn't sure if you'd like it." 

"Well, I love it." 

"I'm glad." He says taking my hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze. 

I look at him as he looks out into the distance and he seems a bit weird... like nervous? Nah, maybe I'm overthinking again. 

I turn away from James and enjoy the gorgeous view I am seeing when I hear James talking quietly with the pilot and I turn around. 

"Everything okay?" 

"Oh yes, I was just asking how the balloon is made and all that." James smiles and I nod, turning back around and enjoying the view. 

James joins me again, holding my hand and turning me to face him. 

"God you're gorgeous." He says and I smile. 

"And so are you." I compliment him and he smiles, that adorable grin I've fallen in love with. 

"Tahls." He starts, and I gulp, wondering what the hell is going to come out of his mouth next. 

"Yes?" 

"From the moment I saw you, I knew you were special, one of a kind girl that had just been through one of the worst times in her life. Or actually going through one of the worst times of her life. When I approached you, I knew what I was getting myself into, once you explained your situation, it didn't scare me, not at all, I just wanted to be there for you, and show you that not all men are bad, that not all men treat their girlfriends like shit, that not all men hurt the girl they like or love." James says and I smile, as I know what is about to happen. 

"We didn't speak after that Noosa trip for a couple of years, but I knew, deep down in my heart that if we were meant to be, we'd find our way back to each other, and we did. I remember exactly how I was feeling when you reached out to me again, I was happy, that's for sure, but I was excited to see where this could go, because I knew there was something special between us." 

"We've had our fair shares of ups and downs, but it only made us stronger, and love each other more. You've captured my heart, and will have it until forever." 

"Anyway, enough about us." He says and I laugh. 

"James." I say with a smile. 

"Tahls, you are the most kind, caring and considerate person I have ever met. The way you put others before yourself, the way you care for those of us that love you is something I admire the most about you. Oh and also your adorable laugh, and the way your face lights up when you're with the people you care about. And the way you look at me, is something I want to last forever. The way that we look at each other, I want it to last forever." 

"You came into my life with a bang, and I will not let you leave it, ever. I want you to be the mother of my children, I want to watch you raise them to be strong, kind and caring, just as you are, and I want you to teach them that life isn't easy, and it definitely isn't fair, but you can push through those tough times. I also want little Tahlia's running around bossing me around as well." He says and I laugh. 

"You're probably going to laugh a bit, with what I'm about to say, but I never knew how true it was until I fully understood what it meant. But I honestly never thought I'd find myself completely consumed by another person until I met you. You showed me that whatever our souls are made of, yours and mine are the same." He says as my eyes start to water. 

"Tahlia, I don't think words could describe how much I love you and how much I admire you. You are a really special person, and to think that I'll be able to spend the rest of my life with you, is something I'll never ever take for granted." He says. 

"So, Tahlia Bontempelli." He says getting down on one knee and I put my hands to my mouth in pure joy and excitement. 

"Will you marry me?" He says, looking up at me with hopeful eyes and I nod. 

"YES!" I say. "YES YES YES YES I WILL MARRY YOU." I squeal and he chuckles, putting the gorgeous diamond ring on my left finger before standing up and I leap into his arms, placing a kiss on his lips as tears roll down my cheeks. 

"Oh my god." I say looking at James and he smiles. 

"That speech was beautiful James, really. Using one of my favourite quotes of all time, wow, just wow, you never fail to knock me off my feet." 

"I'm glad you loved it." He says and I smile, then sigh, looking over at the pilot who smiles. 

He hands James his phone before saying "congratulations" and I smile, thanking him. 

"You got him to record it?" 

"Course I did." 

"I love you." I say. 

"I love you more." He says placing a kiss on my lips before wrapping his arms around me. 

I have no idea how long we stayed in each other's arms for after that, but when we get back to the ground, we're still in each other's arms. 

We thank the pilot before getting out and walking back up to the street where of course, James has a car waiting. I was expecting us to get in the backseat, when he opens the passenger door to the car and I frown. 

"Don't tell me you rented out this car now when we have a couple of days left." 

"Yes, I did." 

"How will we even return it?" 

"Tahls, the guy who dropped it off is willing to pick it up from where we're staying in Noosa okay?" 

"Okay." I say and he smiles as I get in the car. 

I look down at my ring and smile, it's gorgeous, and definitely doesn't look cheap. 

"How much did the ring cost?" I ask James as he gets into the car and he smiles. 

"Not telling you that." He says with a smile and I groan. 

"James, this is like 10 carats is it not?" 

"It's 0.95 diamond and 14 carat white gold." 

"JAMES." I scream. "14 carat white gold are you okay?" 

"Yes I am okay. I knew you wanted this ring for ages." 

"Who told you that?" 

"Em." He says and my mouth drops. 

"OH MY GOD I NEED TO CALL MY FAMILY." I say and James laughs. 

"Call them now!" He says and I smile, taking my phone out of my bag. I turn my phone on, tapping into messages to FaceTime on the family group chat. 

The phone rings and everyone answers straight away. 

"Hi guys!" I say and they all smile at me. 

"Hey Tahls, James." Mum says before the others all chime in. 

"How's Noosa been?" Em asks, with a massive smile on her face. 

"It's been alright." I shrug and James shakes his head. 

"You sure?" 

"Okay, maybe a bit better than alright..." I say with a massive smile on my face. 

"I'm sure it's lovely up there." Mum says and I nod. 

"It is!" I say. "Have you guys done much?" 

"Nah, just taking the kids to the pools." Marcus says and Marie nods. 

"Yeah, Harry and I have been going to the beach a lot, but between that and Harry starting to get back into prepping for the season, we haven't done much." Marie says and I nod. 

"Well, seems you guys have been keeping yourselves busy which is the main thing." I say then I look at James. 

"Oh and.." I say holding my left hand up to the screen which makes everyone gasp, and squeal and scream. 

"OH MY GOD WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN AHHAHAHHHHAAAA." Mum squeals. 

"About 20 minutes ago." I say looking at James and he nods 

"Sounds about right." 

"OH MY GOD TAHLS! CONGRATS." Em says and I chuckle. 

"Thanks Em." I say as I look at Marie who still has her hand over her mouth. 

"OH MY GOD." She finally says. "Tahls, that's amazing! Congrats." 

"Thanks Marie." 

"We'll have to have you guys over for drinks when you come back." Dad says and I laugh. 

"You'll see us there." James says and Dad smiles. 

"On ya James." He says and I smile, looking at my gorgeous fiancé. 

"Can't believe my little sister is no longer going to be a Bontempelli." Marcus says, with tears in his eyes and I smile. 

"Aww Marcs, don't cry. I'll always be your little sister." I say, tears welling up in my eyes. 

"It's just I'm so proud of you, and how far you've come. You've had it so tough for so long and to finally get some happiness, makes me happy." He says through tears and my heart aches. 

"Aw Marcs, I wish I could give you a hug now." 

"Since when did he become this emotional?" Marie jokes to lighten the mood. 

"Since he had kids." Em says and we all laugh. 

"Alright, well we better get going, I am starving and James is going to take me to dinner." 

"Of course you are." Everyone says, some of them rolling their eyes whilst James and I laugh. 

"Sorry, I will see you all when we get back!" I say and they nod. 

We say our goodbyes, before hanging up. 

I look at James and he smiles. 

"They took the news well." 

"They knew before hand." 

"WHAT?" 

"Yep. I had to ask your Dad and brother before I went ahead with any of it. And I messaged Marie to tell her." 

"You're adorable." I say placing both of my hands on his face and he smiles as we look into each others eyes. 

"We're in this forever now baby." He says and I nod. 

"Infinity is forever, and that is what you are to me, you are my forever." I say and James smiles, leaning forward and placing a peck on my lips, before I pull him towards me and kiss the hell out of him. 

So much emotion, so much joy, so much meaning in this moment. I will forever replay this day over and over in my head, remembering just how lucky I am to be with an incredible guy like James. 

As one of my favourite quotes goes; "love is not finding someone to live with. It's finding someone you can't live without..." And I can't live without James, not now, not ever. From this moment on, we are infinite... 

***

MY HEART IS BURSTING!!! 

Literally bursting! 

I loved writing this chapter! Like loved it because of how cute it is! 

But finally Tahls and Worps are engaged!! AHHHH 

It's been a long time coming! But they finally get to have their happy ever after! 

Remember to vote and comment 

Next update out soon!!! 

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

10.9K 108 38
It must be meant to be when two people parted ways and then keep getting reconnected with one another. But it all turns when it ends up in a love t...
42.6K 1.3K 115
Tahlia Bontempelli, the younger sister of Western Bulldogs superstar Marcus Bontempelli, is a 23 year old girl who is a High School Teacher. If there...
158K 2K 69
Dog park love connection (This started as a one shot but has turned into a story)
55.1K 1.1K 25
A/N: I wrote this ages ago and there any many many typos so I do apologise for that x Josh and Maya were together after the Ski Lodge but nobody knew...