Caged In

By AnnSearle

A day trip to a local wildlife refuge was Cage's last idea for a date with a female. Being dragged into it by... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 38

492 27 3
By AnnSearle

"Miles? The guy from the garage? What about him?" Wayne snorts as he glances over at the door where he stands, "how do you know him, Lu?" He looks back at Luca who has yet to even blink, suppressing the fur that wants to rise and my leg taps a full symphony as my own nerves grate. A force rolls off of him that makes the humans around glance around and Conner elbows him hard to make him break his eye contact when he notices Wayne shifting uncomfortably in his seat, shrinking slightly in the shair. "He did a shit job on my sisters vehicle," he mutters before pulling his eyes back onto Wayne, loosening his shoulders, "really she should have asked me, I could of easily fixed it." Conner's eyes never leave Miles as he follows his movements towards the counter, leaning over it Miles glances over at us. His face is tight and his lips thin in a line as he gives a slight nod making us all aware his business here before turning to the waitress and ordering a coffee for himself.

"We need to leave, now," Conner's voice gets deeper as he swallows down the growl he feels and I have to swallow down mine. Wayne tilts his head, completely oblivious as he peers at Conner, "because of the veichle? Really? You two are acting like he slapped her, that seems like much" he sips his drink that the waitress sets on the table to clench his throat to the driness that has set in and Conner reaches into his back pocket, pulling out a bill and passes it to her as he cancels the rest of our orders. Sophia has been tearing at her napkin chanting in her mind to stay quiet, remain calm but with each tear and each word flung out the sweat trickles down the side of her face as the images from the training facility and that gun in her hand flashes through her mind making her start to shake. When I reach over and touch her shoulder she jumps slightly, blurting out the words she's been chewing in her mouth. "They're werewolves." She exlaims too loudly and I peek around to see if anyone has noticed. A few people glance over but dismiss the random outburst quickly enough.

Wayne looks at her before he starts to slowly laugh. "Werewolves? Think you are taking that costume a little too far Puddin' " he teases but his laughs dies down and a frown replaces his smiles as he gazes over at her, "Sophia, are you okay?" He asks when he notices not only is she not laughing, for the first time I think in a long time, Sophia looks truly afraid. Terrified. He reaches over touching her hand and a tear runs down her face as she looks at it. "We're werewolves," her voice is soft as she tells him again. Wayne looks at her before he notices she is watching Miles with panic in her eyes as he glances over one last time before going to the door with his cup in his hand.

"We didn't tell you.... I didn't tell you, because I couldn't. We aren't supposed to tell humans," I start to explain now that the wolf's out of the bag. He tries to chuckle and it comes out forced as he regards us over again but the three of us males only stare at him before Conner and Luca eyes flash with their wolves making the colour drain from Wayne's face as he tries to back himself into his chair and away from us. "Wayne we won't hurt you. This don't change anything, I try and reach over but he snatches his hand back as he starts to shake.

"Sit down and be quiet. You can freak out, pass out, whatever later but these humans can't know Wayne. Don't do this now, please." Luca says sternly and Conner stands up. The scrape of the chair has Wayne starting to panic, reaching for his neck as he begins to rub it while he looks at Sophia with hurt in his eyes. "I'll tell you everything... I haven't known long," she tries to explain but he shakes his head looking like he might get sick.

"We need to leave," every word from Conner is ground and gritted out while his jaw starts the shift as a feral side starts to take control. Standing up and measuring the distance to the vehicles our best bet is to go for my truck or Wayne's. They are beside each other and closer, luca parked further away wanting to keep his old ford away from other vehicles. Judging by it's age, I don't think it could go fast enough anyway; those older vehicles don't run like the new ones. Pulling Sophia to her feet, Conner pulls out Wayne's chair avoiding touching him.

"You stay with Sophia and Luca, do you understand?" His voice gives no room for a choice and Wayne presses his lips hard together. Luca looks at Conner but Conner's wolf descends further down. "It's not up for debate," he growls low in his throat before going out the front door, dismissing any chance for one and we all follow him out, keeping close as we make our way to the vehicles. Two wolves already stand near them, looking like they are ready to burst into a shift at any moment with the way they fidget and pace. They come up around the trucks as they smell the metal and their grins are jagged and crooked. Wayne is visibly shaking and Sophia is starting to pant as I feel her wolf looking to take control over her. 'Hold her,' I order with a dire need for her to remain in control and she grips my arm tightly to steady herself before she reaches over and tugs Wayne to her side as Luca flanks the other side. Conner falls back behind us and turns just as Miles' voice is heard when he weaves out from behind a parked SUV and finishes his coffee.

"Real sorry it got to be like this." He tells us and three more wolves join him as they start to circle in. Another and another coming out from around vehicles, some already shifted. Doing a quick count, there are 9 of them here that we can see and detect and as I glance at Conner he moves his fingers to show four and five after it. He's counted too. Luca laughs in his sneer, taking the lead for words. "Fuck you, ya ain't sorry, but you're gonna be."

"Nice outfit" one of them laughs at him and they all seem to laugh along to mock Luca and Conner. Miles doesn't have a laugh, no emotion in him. "Is he safe?" He asks as the wolves push in closer and chuckle as they size us up. No-one answers him but he still looks over at Sophia and her eyes are deep clouded skies giving nothing away. Glancing over us again something is said to himself when Miles nods at us and the wolves pounce.

Wayne's scream rings out loudly and two of their wolves have to cover their ears. Conner shifts, tearing that pink and blue dress to shreds as he lunges, taking down the first male before he can think of what's happening to him. Conner's wolf rips into his throat and claws at his stomach. My focus goes to the ones coming towards Sophia and Wayne as I push her to leave. "Go, take him and go. I'll catch up," shoving the keys to her hand a tear runs down her face and Luca has to pull her with him as he postures towards the other two males. His wolf is large when he comes through, no mercy to give as he makes a move towards the one male and Sophia gets to my truck just as another grabs for her as she yanks the door open but I have my hands full with two wolves of my own as one throws a punch my way and the other pushes me toward him for the contact. I have to go into the push, ducking the punch and tackling him to the ground. Glancing back at them, she's pulled a tire iron from under my seat and swings heard with her body, hitting him across his side before swinging it back against his face and the three pile in while Luca takes the driver's seat and peels out with a loud screech of the tires. One of the wolves follows after them and the one that shoved me tries to join the chase. "Conner!" I yell out and his wolf looks back over his shoulder, getting him just as he shifts. More wolves come from the woods, splitting off to chase them and to attack us. This isn't an attack it's a slaughter.

Miles stands back only watching, hand in his pocket as I fight off the wolf under me as he fights back getting in a few hits before I knock him out and Conner gets overwhelmed by three that attack as a unit, descending on him as one to try and take him down. He manages to get one off him and pin for a kill but the others are relentless and even he starts to bleed. Standing up I start towards him but im taken down as a searing pain runs through my shoulder from the claws that sliced through it and I have to put up my hands to catch the teeth from the jaw snapping at my face. We are getting overwhelmed. Shifting fast I throw my full self into the wolf and he is quick to get up and attack, tearing at fur and flesh before slamming into the wolf to shove him down. All these years of practicing and tumbling around in the woods with Scott put into practice for a moment like this. Another approaches and again my wolf is on him fast, this ones fight is weak and he goes down easily giving me a moment to glance over at Conner as his head hits the ground hard with the force of two onto him. One I recognize to be one of Rufus' leadership. Snarling as I surge forward my energy is short-lived as I feel a burning pain down my side and when we turn to protect it I see Miles standing with a long hunters blade in his hand before my wolf is forced back from me and I am on hands and knees as I hold my side where it bleeds.

"Silver dipped in wolfsbane, was meant for the alphas son," he says apologetically and my blood is rushing faster than I can stop it. "I didn't want to do this, spying was easier. All we had to do was keep an eye on the girl but when they forced us to enter the house I knew we were done. Was a shit call. Now it's my life or yours and I enjoy living." He explains with a bitter bite in his words.

My teeth bare, "fuck you."

"I hope the moon can forgive me" he whispers low before he comes forward and I have to force myself onto my feet and fight. Miles doesn't shift, he hardly puts up an effort for someone who claims they want to live. I do want to live. My wolf goes dormant and I am on my own, hand to hand fighting again as he swipes at me and I have to back step to dodge it. Miles takes a stronger stance this time now that he realizes the fight it will be to take me down. Even injured I have more skill and training.

I make sure to train both halfs.

Moving around I'm already panting and I go for him first as my fist comes out to punch him when I lunge and he tries to drive that knife into my stomach. He has a stronger grip than I gave him credit when it doesn't leave his hand as I knee it hard but I manage to get my arm around his trying to wrestle it from him as we go back and forth. Attempting to shove him with my good side he manages to grab the opposite and I feel his fingers enter into my open flesh sending pain that jolts through me before I hit the ground with him falling on top of me. He takes the opportunity to pin and straddle me, holding that knife over my heart to stab me. Using the last of my energy and effort I catch his wrists and push to stop him but my fight leaves me with my life as it flows from my side and that knife comes closer and closer to my chest. "Please forgive me," is all he can say but I don't hear it as my mind drifts to Sophia and I feel her dispare and pain down the bond. She's scratching and clawing to get to me and Luca has to lock Wayne's door and hold her back. This was too short. We didn't get time. Time we deserved. Time to get to know one another; to love one another. To grow and get old. To have a family. We don't get anything but these short months together. The moments I waited for my whole entire life. I feel the fight of her, her wolf trying to claw to mine. They had a day. Only one day together. 'I love you,' is all I can think to send down the bond as I feel her claws ripping in to pull me to her but it's too far away. The blade starts to press into my skin and it's an instant burning in me as a tear rolls down my face and my eyes shut as I start to push with everything I got left in me to get it off.

The rush of the wind and paws on the dirt is all I can hear before the weight is off me and my eyes shoot open looking over to wear a dark black wolf pulls Miles off me and instantly drives his teeth into his throat as they roll over and Miles is on the ground bleeding as those teeth take hold. My vision is blurred and for a moment I think it's Sophia before I realize this wolf is too large, older. That unseeing eye sticking out like a sore thumb.

Dominic.

Glancing over Conner is getting up, sluggish but he is up as his own father takes down the wolves ripping into their back legs when they try to run and shaking his head viciously, not stopping until the limb is torn off. War machine. Looking back at Dominic, Miles manages to grab the knife he dropped beside him and im too slow to stop it as he drives it into his side over and over and Dominic starts to rip his throat clean out before he collapsed on the ground as his wolf whines and claws from the pain, losing the battle of consciousness.

"Nate! Conner!" Yelling for them, trying to pull Dominic up his body is completely limp as his weight pulls him down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 53 35
***Note: It's all fiction.*** A beast. A human. Both are destined to be soulmates. One thinks that it's unfair for a human to have to live with a bea...
712 43 18
#2 New Moon Series _An enemy of an enemy is a friend_ I have yearned for a mate ever since I learnt of one. Thoughts about having someone who would l...
1.1M 9.3K 10
Hayley's on the run from a stalker who's determined to make her pay. When she saves the life of the local Alpha, exposing her new location in the pro...
88 0 17
Synopsis: Wolves first shift when they turn fifteen, and now, five years later, Arlet can't wait to turn twenty because then she will finally be...