Right Field //Benny Rodriguez...

By stranger2_7things

Right Field //Benny Rodriguez x Reader// (REWRITTEN) This story contains all of the elements of my first Ben... More

Part 1: new beginnings
Part 2: the girl
Part 4: the beast
Part 5: pool day
Part 6: rivals
Part 7: celebration
Part 8: the pickle
Part 9: the plan
Part 9.5: the plan pt.2
Part 10: heros and legends
Part 12: the great chase
Part 13: mr. myrtle
Epilogue
A/N

Part 3: the catch

2.2K 25 36
By stranger2_7things

Your POV:

"Base up ya blockheads!" Benny yelled to his team and as if on cue, they dispersed onto the field as Scotty and I stayed put.

"Alright, Scotty you take center field and uhh.. (L/n), where ya best at?" He asked. "Right field" I explained with a cheeky grin, strapping on my glove. "Alright, go ahead" he said then ran back to the batters box, I nodded and went to head to right field until Scotty stopped me.

"Uh.. where's center?" He asked, I smiled, "it's over there man" I said pointing to where he needed to stand, "Thanks!" He said then went to go stand in his designated spot as I did as well.

"Yeah-yeah get two!" Benny yelled then hit the ball to Yeah-yeah, who threw the ball to Bertram, who threw the ball to Tommy, who in the end threw it back to Ham who was the catcher, "Nice!" Ham gawked.

It was actually really amusing to me how much these guys love the game. Almost as much as I did. I knew I'd actually found people worth making my friends... that is if they kept their sexist thoughts to themselves.

"Smalls! Throw it to second!" Benny yelled at Scotty, "okay!!" Scotty yelled back, I got ready and watched Scotty as Benny hit the ball, making its way over to Scotty. But as soon as the ball was overhead and coming down, Scotty fell backwards trying to catch it, the team groaned at the sight.

I sighed and watched as Scotty retrieved the ball, "a square Benny!" Squints said, "The guys a square!" When Scotty finally retrieved the ball, instead of throwing it, he walked all the way across the field to Kenny to give him the ball back. He then ran back to center.

I felt like Benny and I had the same idea as we both approached Scotty. "You know you can throw it right?" Benny asked trying to lighten the mood. "No, I don't know how" scotty said, he looked up at me then at Benny, "she can stay but, It'd probably be best if I left" he said trying to make a break for the exit.

"Oh no you don't!" I said grabbing his shoulder making him stay, "You think too much" Benny stated, "I bet you get straight A's and shit huh?" He asked.

"No I got a B once!" Scotty retaliated, "actually, it was an A minus.. but it should've been a B" I rolled my eyes and turned to look at him. "Scotty, this is baseball, don't think, just have fun!" I explained. "Your sister's right, Smalls" Benny agreed.

I began to think up a plan to try and help Scotty, when I finally got it. "Hey give me your bat" I said to Benny, coming off more forward than I'd hoped. "What?" He asked. "Your bat" I said once more. "Why?" He asked with a confused smile. "I have a plan"

Luckily, he was reluctant enough to give me the bat. "Gimme a sec with my brother, I'll be there" I said, Benny shrugged and ran back to home. "Alright Scotty listen, this is your chance" he was about to protest but I stopped him, "and there ain't gonna be no buts about it!" I said, he nodded, "okay"

"Alright, I want you to stand in center like you just did alright?" He nodded, "All I want you to do, is stand there, and hold that mitt up in the air, and I'll do the rest, think you can do that?" I asked, demonstrating what he should do, he nodded. "Good" I said beginning to run to home.

"Oh! And one more thing!" I said making him turn to look at me, "when you throw the ball.. bring your arm up, to about here... and just let go" I said once again demonstrating what he should do, "Got it" he said. I smiled, nodded and ran towards home, "I sure hope you do..." I whispered to myself.

"About time, my clothes are goin outta style!" Squints yelled. "They already are Squints!" Yelled Ham, "Shut up!" Squints said as all the others laughed.

"He's never gonna catch it! I'm tellin ya!" Kenny said as I stepped up to the plate with the ball in my hand, "She's never gonna hit it!" Yeah-yeah said earning a few laughs. I rolled my eyes and tossed the ball in my hands for a few seconds.

"Scotty!" I said getting his attention, "Throw it to second!" I yelled. "Okay!" He said, then stuck his glove in the air. I then tossed the ball up in the air, then everything seemed to go into slow motion before CRACK the bat made contact with the ball sending it flying towards center, where it finally found its place in Scotty's mitt. I smiled as all the boys looked at me and Scotty. "What the hell!!!" Ham yelled, "How did she... how did he... what?!"

"Never underestimate me Mr. Porter, you learn that fast, maybe you live a little longer" I said before shooting Benny a smile, who was still in awe of my hit. "That was amazing!" He complemented. I smiled and looked at Scotty, who'd already thrown the ball to second, give me a thumbs up, which I returned.

I then handed Benny back his bat, "You're not gonna stay and bat?" He asked me, reluctantly taking the bat back, "Nah, I'm way better in right field anyway" I said winking at him. "Alright, right field then" he said pointing with his bat. I picked up my mitt and walked to my designated spot, not before giving Scotty a high-five on my way there.

The entire day was amazing.

Scotty got so much better at this game I honestly couldn't believe it! An amazing day for us both, to prove that we were capable even if I was a girl and Scotty was the new kid. As well as making a handful of new friends.

"Bye Ham!" Scotty yelled as we all waved to him as he walked into his house. "Alright" Benny started, "Eight o'clock tomorrow morning, got it?" He asked. "We'll be there" I said with a small smile, "Yeah! Eight o'clock!" Scotty said as both of us walked towards the house,

"Wait!" Scotty said running towards Benny with me following, "your glove" Scotty said handing it back to Benny, "keep it man" he said then went to run back to his house, "Thanks!" Scotty said, then we both turned to go into the house.

"Wait Smalls!" We turned to see Benny running back over to us, "uhh, bring a t-shirt and jeans tomorrow, okay?" Benny asked. "Okay!" Scotty agreed. "Oh and do you guys have a fireplace?" Benny asked. "Yeah?" Scotty asked. "Throw that hat in there" Benny said making me laugh a bit.

"Oh, sorry, it's the only one I had" Scotty explained. "Not anymore" Benny said, pulling one of his caps out of his pocket and giving it to Scotty. "How many things do you just keep in your pockets?" I asked, making him smile.

"Thanks Benny! Eight o'clock!" Scotty said then turning to run to the door, I was about to go after him before Benny spoke. "And (Y/n)" he said.
"Yes Benny Boy?" I asked with a smug smile. "Oh so I'm Benny Boy now?" He asked gently laughing. "I guess so" I said also laughing.

"What I was gonna say was, keep doing what you're doing" Benny he said a tad awkwardly, "You're... great, like, unlike anything I've ever seen" His words made me blush, "Thank you Benny" I said, You're pretty okay too" I teased, laughing then turning to head to the door, "oh come on!" He said sounding annoyed yet with a smile. I laughed, "Eight o'clock!" I said then I thought I heard him say something under his breath.

"What was that?" I asked. "Oh, nothing.. I didn't say anything" he said, "good night (Y/n)" he smiled and went back home. "Good night Benny" I said waving and walking into the house to Scotty's room.

"So Scotty Fitzgerald" I said using the nickname I made up, plopping down on his bed, "was today everything you'd imagined?" He almost cut me off, "How'd you do that?!" He asked. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Baseball! How are you so good?! I-I mean I knew you were good but I didn't know you were that good I mean, you're better than Benny!!" He exclaimed. "Oh I don't know about that" I said laughing at sitting up.

"Well, you're amazing for a girl!" He said. I knew he meant it as a compliment so I just smiled, "thanks Scotty" I rose from his bed, "alright, get some sleep, and remember, eight o'clock... and burn the hat!" I said tapping the bill of his hat that was still on his head.

He laughed and fixed it, "good night (Y/n)" he said. "Night Scotty" I said heading into my room.

As I got ready for bed, and as well as laying in bed, my mind raced with the thoughts of the day that I'd just lived. Although there was one prominent thing that always came up. Not the home run I'd hit that day. Not anything baseball related at all but instead...

Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 45 22
☆FemReader Y/n Y/l/n just moved to San Fernando Valley. Y/n fears she won't know anyone in the town. However, she is surprised to find an old friend...
615K 9.2K 59
the bumpy story of a girl who suddenly begins to befriend her enemies.
172K 2.4K 16
{Benny "the Jet" Rodriguez x reader} This is my first story so sorry if it's kind of trashy :D I've seen many Benny Fics that are not x reader so I...
6.5K 120 41
{Sequel to 'South'} They're back. © 2023 -Please note this is a very very mature book. There are trigger warnings and a little bit of smut. READERS...