Bloom into YOU

By DarkIsland2

Two people who have never crossed paths before; met in unusual circumstances and ended up falling in love... More

CH:1- Where it all began!
CH:2- Who are you to me?
CH:3- Don't call me that word!
CH:4- I didn't intend to harm you
CH:5- Dilemma of Trust and Distrust
CH:6- The Battle Within and Out
CH:7- Words that remain Unspoken!
CH:8- Leaning on YOU
CH:9- She Cares!
CH:10- I almost lost you today!
CH:11- She is dangerous!
~Appreciation Post~
CH:12- What are you doing to me?
CH:13- I got your back, Ice Queen!
CH:14- I Lost HER!
CH:15- Mein hai, Urmila Mahadev Mathre!
CH:16- Urmila or Haseena?
CH:17- The Undefined Feelings
CH:18- A Change of Heart?
CH:19- Apprehensivness, Vigilance, and Proclivity
CH:20- Reception, Affection, and Suspicion
CH:21- Yearning for YOU!
CH:22- The Tug of War of Passion
CH:23- Consciousness, Affliction, and Inclination
CH:24- Inching Closer
CH:25- The Cat is out of the Bag
CH:27- Karma Bites Back!
CH:28- A Heartbreak?
CH:29- The Heart Want What It Wants
CH:30- YOU are my whole STORY!
CH:31- The Heart of Lovers
CH:32- I'm Content!
CH:33- Trust & Acceptance
CH:34- The Growing Intimacy
CH:35- Love me Like YOU Do
CH:36- Holding onto Each Other!
CH:37- SHE is the ONE!
CH:38- The Ghosts of the Past
CH:39- The Ties that Bind US
CH:40- Things Have Come Full Circle
~ A Heartfelt Gratitude ~

CH:26- A Warm Exchange!

2.4K 279 79
By DarkIsland2

Morning All! I'll be uploading the next chapter on "SATURDAY." Until, then, Happy Reading🤓 & Stay Safe😷. 

_______________________________

The next day Haseena was in her cabin as instructed by Pushpa Ji and Santosh, not to come out until Karishma is back from patrolling. Haseena was in her cabin and waiting for Kamat's man to arrive when Samar entered the office with a bouquet and a file in her hand.

"Here!" Samar threw the file on Haseena's desk, "yeh Kamat sir ne bheja hai," He roughly placed the bouquet on Haseena's desk.

"Yeh Kiya...." Haseena glanced at him, "toh kaye ko itna gussa kar raha hai, chinke," Urmila said while getting up from the chair and standing opposite him.

"You are not surprised to see me here," He asked surprisingly.

"Mein kyu surprise waprise hoye gi," Urmila leaned on her desk, "Kamat sir ne tere ko bola hi hoye ga na mein Urmila hai, Haseena nahi hai," She uttered while carefully scanning his face.

"Toh Karishma Singh ke sath kiya chal raha hai tumhara," He asked as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Kya chal raha hai, matlab," she fumbled, "mere us chatak chandni se koi wasta nahi hai," she picked up the file, "aur, tere ko kyu itni pareshan ho rahi hai," she opened the file, "tere liye toh woh bus ek mohra hi hai na," she said while analyzing his face.

"Tumhain is baat ki kiya parwah," He shoved the pen in Urmila's hand, "sign karo yahan," he pointed to the mark.

"Kerti hain mein," she signed the documents, "yeh le," she pushed the file back towards him.

Samar was about to walk out of Haseena's cabin when Haseena's voice stopped him, "pasand karta hai tu chatak chandni ko?" She asked calmly while standing behind him.

"Haan Karta hoon," He turned towards Haseena, "aur, jis cheez ko Samar Singh pasand karta hai usko hasil hi kar kar rehta hai," he hovered over Haseena to intimidate her.

"Cheez nahi hai woh," Haseena answered sternly as she placed her hand over his chest and pushed him away.

"Mere liye hai," his nostrils flared up, "aur use tere naak ke niche se le kar jaon ga," he raised his finger at her.

Haseena felt like breaking his finger but after reminding herself, that it was just one more day, she took a deep breath, "mera paisa kahan hain?" She asked while forwarding her hand.

"Kamat sir ne party rakhi hai," He handed over the invite to Haseena, "kal wahin a kar lelena," he threw the card on the chair and walked out of the station.

________________________________

Karishma came back from patrolling in the mid-afternoon and after not finding Urmila, she moved towards Pushpa Ji's desk, "Urmila kahan hai?" She asked impatiently.

Pushpa Ji looked at her face, "maddam sir nahi hai woh, pata hai na aap ko," she answered agitatedly.

"Pata hai," Karishma stood up straight, "lekin hum sab ki zimmedari hai," she said as her eyes continued to roam around the station to find any glimpse of her.

Pushpa Ji noticed restlessness in Karishma's body language, "gym main hai," she uttered, "keh rahi thi yahan bore ho rahi hai," she went back to the file, "toh hum ne wah bhej diya."

"Hmm..," Karishma muttered and moved towards the gym.

After Karishma left Santosh raised her eyebrows at Pushpa Ji asking "what is going on?"

"Nothing," Pushpa Ji mouthed but the changes in Karishma's behavior since Urmila's arrival and then her denial of the proposal, yesterday, increased Puhspa Ji's doubts, she thought of discussing this with Riya and went back to her work.

_________________________________

"What are you doing here?" Karishma asked as soon as she entered the gym.

"What do you see me doing, Karishma Singh?" Haseena uttered between her uneven breaths as she increased her pace on the treadmill.

"Samar came?" She stood opposite Haseena while placing her hand on the treadmill, "Santosh saw him leaving," She said as she admired Haseena's disheveled state.

"Yes, he came," Haseena answered, "he needs the signature on the papers for the consignment to be released," she turned off the machine, "and, Kamat has invited me to the party," she picked up the towel, "so I can collect my money from him," and started wiping off her sweat.

"So, what's the plan?" Karishma asked as she handed over the glass of water to Haseena.

"Thank You!" Haseena mumbled, "I'll go there," she had a sip of water, "and, you will wait for my call," she placed the glass back on the table, "just be ready with backup," she said while getting up and moving towards the bathroom to freshen up.

"It's risky," Karishma held her wrist.

"It's a calculated risk," Haseena placed her hand over Karishma's, "and, moreover, I have you this time," she said with utmost certainty, "this time, we will fight them," she continued to hold eye contact with Karishma, "and, we will defeat them."

"We will," Karishma said affirmatively as she made her hold strong on Haseena's wrist.

__________________________________

Haseena was lying down on the terrace and gazing at the stars while reminiscing the happenings of the past few months, "my life has changed so much," she thought, "I can't even believe the person, whose sight was unbearable for me—-has become a such an important part of life," her eyes refused to leave the gleaming stars, "how will she respond when I'll tell her that," she sighed as she sensed the moment behind her, "how long are you planning to stand there?" Her voice broke the tranquility of the night.

"You knew I was here," Karishma came forward and while spreading her sheet next to Haseena, she lay down beside her at a distance of a few inches.

"I just know that you won't be able to resist the temptation to be beside me," she said without turning her head towards Karishma.

"You are so full of yourself," Karishma responded after being caught red-handed in her attempts to be close to Haseena.

Haseena chuckled at her response, "then, what are you doing here?" She asked as her eyes analyzed the infiniteness of the sky, "if you are not here for me."

"I just want some peace," Karishma responded while peeking at Haseena who was still gazing at the stars, "and, to take my mind off from the happenings of tomorrow."

"Hmm...," Haseena muttered, "So, what else changed in you during my absence?" She stretched the duvet over herself as she felt a shiver pass through her body.

"I have learned to swim, as you know," Karishma answered a bit enthusiastically after seeing Haseena's interest in her whereabouts.

"Who taught you?" Haseena asked as she placed her one hand under her head and the other over her chest.

"Zayan!" Karishma turned towards Haseena, however, Haseena continued to lie down straight on her back, "he told me, you have learned to swim from your father at a very young age," she continued to stare at her, "swimming calms you down just like sketching to me," she said without removing her eyes from Haseena's face.

"Why did you stop sketching?" Haseena asked as she peeked at Karishma from the corner of her eyes who was gazing at her intently.

"Because the person that made me wanna sketch wasn't around me," her voice carried a melancholic tone as a memory of the past month splashed in front of her eyes.

"That person very much liked to be sketched again," Haseena uttered cheerfully in order to overcome the pensiveness that just took hold on Karishma.

"Really?" Karishma asked surprisingly.

"Ahhann!" Haseena nodded.

None of them spoke after that. The silence between them was filled with a suppressed desire to pour their hearts out, a yearning to touch, and an urge to be in each other's embrace.

"Why are you staring at me?" Haseena broke the silence between them when it became unbearable.

"Why are you staring at the sky?" Karishma reverted instead of answering.

"Because I admire the vastness of it," Haseena responded, "it makes me at peace," she glanced at Karishma.

"And, gazing at you makes me at peace," Karishma answers as her eyes continue to hold Haseena captive.

Haseena's heart skipped a beat after hearing Karishma's words and without saying anything, she turned toward Karishma.

"Why did you turn?" Karishma asked after finding Haseena staring at her intently, "you can continue," she pointed towards the sky.

"I have just realized, my sky has changed," she smiled broadly while continuously holding eye contact with Karishma.

At Haseena's response, Karishma felt an increase in her heartbeat, "I never knew--Bi paints," she uttered in order to overcome the nervousness that has started to sneak into her, "but in last one month; I have spent a lot of time with her," she paused for a brief second, "and, she has a lot of stories to tell about you, Zayan, and her life."

"Bi is an institute in herself," Haseena spoke respectfully, "if I ever had a problem, she is the first person, I go to," she continued to stare at Karishma's face, "and, she has the solution for every problem, no matter, how complicated it is."

"She offered me her studio— if I ever feel like sketching or painting," Karishma informed her with excitement in her voice.

Haseena noticed the spark in Karishma's eyes as she talked about her favorite topic, "then, you should utilize that offer soon," she said with a playfulness in her voice.

A blush crept across Karishma's face, "I will," she muttered as she averted her gaze from Haseena's face.

"What happened?" Haseena asked while faking innocence as she entwined her hand with Karishma's.

"Nothing," Karishma answered as she glanced at their hands which were lying between them.

"Ammi told me that she was well taken care of in my absence," she pulled their intertwined hands towards her.

Karishma moved an inch closer after feeling the tug, "she was my responsibility after you," she uttered while suppressing an urge to caress Haseena's face, "and, still is."

"You are not responsible for anything or anyone," Haseena responded as she noticed the change in Karishma's facial expression.

Karishma pulled her hand out of Haseena's hold, "and, this is because, I'm not a part of this family," her voice carries hurt and her eyes were filled with anger.

"When did I say that?" Haseena hovered over her, "you are a very integral part of this family," she leaned towards her forehead, "and, my life," she placed her lips on Karishma's forehead, "thank you for looking out for our family," she uttered, affectionately.

Karishma was still lost in a trance of the moment, she was unable to comprehend, what had just transpired.

"But you really need to control your temper," Haseena's voice broke her trance, "you react before you think," she got up, "if you continue like this," she collected the duvet and the sheets from the ground, "it can cost you a lot," she warned her.

"Then, you will be here, naa," Karishma followed Haseena, "anyhow, you are my wife," she started walking beside Haseena, "if I go haywire then you have my permission to pull my strings," she nudged her, "will you?" She stood in front of Haseena while blocking her way.

"I hope, I never have to do any such things," she said while gently pushing Karishma.

"Why are you so mean, Ice Queen?" She uttered as both of them started descending the steps.

"What have I done now?" Haseena asked while opening the door of her room.

"You pushed me," she said as she stood opposite Haseena.

"Stop cribbing like a baby, Karishma Singh," Haseena entered her room and Karishma just followed her inside.

"Can I sleep here with you?" She pointed towards the bed, "please," she folded her hand in front of her, "just for tonight," she requested, "I don't know what tomorrow entails."

Haseena sighed, "yes, you can," she said as she settled on her bed and Karishma moved towards her side of the bed after locking the door. 

"It feels so good to be back here," Karishma thought as she turned towards Haseena.

"Do you still get nightmares?" She asked concerningly.

"They have stopped after you calmed me down the other day," she held Haseena's hand, "with you, I can encounter all the demons of this world---either they live inside me or outside," she spoke endearingly as her eyes started to flutter and within a few seconds, she was a sleep. 

A genuine smile made its way to Haseena's face as she continued to gaze at Karishma's face, until, her eyes refused to remain open anymore and she drifted to the valley of dreams while placing her forehead against Karishma's.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 1.8K 39
Brought together by the circumstances, Amar and Haseena realize how they could spend their lives together! It's a simple story. A fan fiction based o...
81.6K 8.7K 51
This is a story about two police officers who fell in love but didn't realise their feelings for the longest time. This is a story about the love the...
62.8K 7K 28
A horrible night passed. Karishma found in a terrible condition but wait what happened? Just dive in the story to know P.s- A KarEena Story
173K 11.9K 43
Two women who resisted the temptation to be with each other-met again. Will they resolve their differences-Or, will they move in opposite directions...