CH:30- YOU are my whole STORY!

Morning All! I'll be posting the next chapter on "SATURDAY." Until, then, Happy Reading🤓 & Stay Safe😷. 

______________________________

It was the night before the wedding, Haseena was sitting on the swing and reminiscing about her time with Karishma. All the bittersweet memories they had together brought a smile to her face but that smile couldn't reach her eyes, this time.

"Tum jo itna muskra rahe ho," Zayan came and sat on the other swing next to Haseena, "kya gham hai jis ko chupa rahe ho," he applied some force and his swing started to oscillate.

Haseena glanced at him, he was looking so tired after being busy with all the wedding preparations from the past few days, "there is nothing like that, Zayan," she said while making a futile effort to smile but her facial muscles refused to move.

"Are you Happy, Haseena?" He asked as he continued to stare at the face of his best friend.

"I'm, Zayan," She replied but her voice carried a bit of agitation.

Zayan disregarded her tone, "but, you don't seem happy," he said as he continued to stare at her face, "Is someone or something bothering you?" His voice carried concern for her.

"Do you think anyone can dare to bother me, Zayan?" She asked playfully but her face continued to hold a melancholic look that didn't remain hidden from Zayan.

"I don't know what it is Haseena," He applied some more force to increase the movement of his swing, "but, I can sense, you are not happy," he glanced at her and then at the living room where Ammi and Bi were busy talking about something, "if you are marrying under pressure just for ammi's sake, please, don't do it," he uttered as he stopped the movement of his swing, "I'll talk to Ammi," he looked at her supportingly.

"I have to marry, Zayan, sooner or later," Haseena bent forward to pick up Picasso who had just entered the lawn, "why not, now?" She said casually while patting Picasso.

"But you should marry when you feel like you want to marry," He came and knelt in front of Haseena, "and, not because, Ammi wants you to get marry," he held her hand, "you need to find a person who cherishes you and your existence," he uttered lovingly while gently pressing her hand.

"Zayan you do know, it's all made up, and reality is much different," Haseena glanced at him and then at Picasso who was making an effort to snuggle closer to her, "not everyone is lucky in love," she said disappointingly.

"So, have you found someone?" He asked while making an effort to hold eye contact with Haseena which she was deliberately avoiding. 

"You are assuming things, Zayan," Haseena avoided looking into his eyes.

"I can sense it that you have found someone," He sighed and stood up, "but you are not telling me," he went around and stood behind Haseena, "and that's fine. I won't force you," he pulled Haseena's swing back and then released it with some force, "but, if you have change of heart, even, during the wedding, you have to tell me, and we can call off the wedding," he pushed her swing again, "you know that your happiness, means the world to me."

"I won't call off this wedding," Haseena replied as she enjoyed the caresses of the evening breeze on her face.

"Hmmm...," Zayan continued to stand behind Haseena, "you know, I never thought you would get married," he said while gently pushing the swing as he changed the topic after sensing Haseena's discomfort. 

"Why?" Haseena asked as she slightly tilted her head.

"You are so career-oriented just like Ammi," He said casually, "Bi has told me, Ammi never wanted to get married, her first love was medicine," he chuckled as he uttered those words.