CH:25- The Cat is out of the Bag

Haseena moved towards the living room where everyone was sitting and sat opposite Samar, who wasn't very pleased to see Haseena there.

"Yeh Urmila ne maddam sir ke role ko zayda hi serious nahi le liya," Pushpa Ji whispered in Santosh's ear after looking at Urmila who was sitting quite comfortably as if she owned the place.

"Haan, mujhe bhi yehi lagta hai, Pushpee," Santosh responded after picking up the glass of juice that Meena has just brought, "aur, aab toh Karishma madam bhi kuch nahi kehti isko," she took a sip.

The flow of their conversation was broken by Urmila's voice, "aye maathari," she cleared her throat, "Pushpa Ji aap kya khusr phusr kar rahi hai," she said while placing her one leg on the other and her hand on the back of the couch.

"Kuch Kuch nahi, madam sir," Pushpa Ji leaned on the couch and refrained from speaking after that.

Karishma came after twenty-minute or so, and after taking a quick look in the living room, she moved towards the empty space next to Haseena, disregarding Samar's gesture to sit next to her.

Haseena covered her mouth after seeing that in order to hide her smile but her smile grew wider as she noticed Karishma was wearing her sweatpants and shirt (the one Haseena gave to Karishma when she pushed her into the pool) instead of the one she took out for her, "I totally forgot about them," she looked at Karishma, "they look good on you," she said with the glint of mischievousness in her eyes.

"And, comfortable too," Karishma uttered as she leaned on the couch and placed her hand on the back of the couch while intentionally brushing it against Haseena's hand.

There these small gestures remained hidden from everyone's eye except Samar's who swiftly moved from his seat, held Karishma's hand that was resting on the back of the couch, and sat between them, "How are you feeling?" He asked while leaning toward Karishma.

Both Karishma and Haseena were taken aback by his actions, "Much better," She made an effort to smile but couldn't.

"Arre theek kaise nahi hogi," Pushpa Ji intervene, "itna khayal rakhne wale log jo hain, yaha," she said enthusiastically.

Both Cheetah and Santosh didn't say anything as they tried to fake a laugh at Puspa Ji's actions. However, Haseena didn't change her position and continued to sit the way, she was sitting, observing, calculating, and scanning everything under her watchful gaze.

"I was thinking we should get engaged at least," Samar spoke while still holding Karishma's hand in his.

"What is up with him?" Karishma thought, "Why is he rushing everything?" She cleared her throat but before she could speak, Pushpa Ji intervened again.

"Haan, Humain bhi yahi lagta hai," She stood up excitedly, "naik kam mein deeri kesi," she moved towards Karishma.

Karishma leaned forward and glanced at Haseena, who didn't say or do anything, she was still in the same sitting position as earlier, "I'm not ready for this, yet," she said while removing her hand from Samar's hold.

"Aap toh kabhi bhi ready nahi ho gi," Pushpa Ji pressed Karishma's shoulder gently as she stood behind her.

"Are, aap bacchi par itna zoor kyu daal rahi," Noor Jahan entered the room.

Haseena changed her position upon seeing her mother and sat more civilly.

"Zor zabardasti se yeh kaise khush rahe gi," She stopped her wheelchair right next to Haseena, "aur waise bhi abhi toh bemar ho kar uthi hai," her voice was full of care, "let her think about it," she made eye contact with Karishma as she passed a warm smile to her.