CH:19- Apprehensivness, Vigilance, and Proclivity

Morning All! I'll be uploading the next chapter on Saturday. Until then Happy Reading🤓 & Stay Safe😷

______________________________

Karishma entered the station after fifteen-minute or so and almost collided with Urmila who was standing right in the center of the station and scanning the whole area with her hands on her hips, once, she was done checking each and every room of the station with Puhspa Ji in the excitement of being an SHO, "tumhain mana kiya tha na maddam sir ki tarah baat karne se," she whispered gruffly.

"Tameez se baat kijiye, Karishma Singh!" Urmila said with an expressionless face as she made eye contact with Karishma.

"Tum," Karishma pointed her finger at Urmila and when Haseena was about to hold her hand, she saw another hand on top of Karishma's hand.

"Aap apne seniors se aise baat nahi kar sakti," the new arrival said as he looked at Karishma, keenly.

"Aur, aap aise ek on duty police officer ka haath nahi pakad sakte," Karishma replied sternly as she removed her hand from his hold.

"Nice!" He muttered with a wide grin on his face and a glint of likeness in his eyes, "jaisa suna tha aap wesi hi hain," he folded his hand behind his back as he stood circumspectly.

Haseena looked at the new arrival from top to bottom, there stood a man with extremely handsome features and with a chiseled jawline. He was dressed up in formals and was gawking at Karishma. "Aye, kya chahiye tujhe," she corrected herself, "aap ko?" She waved her hand in front of him to break his trance.

"Aap bhi yahi hain," He turned towards Haseena, "bahut suna hai aap ke baare mein," he forwarded his hand, "milkar khushi hui," he said as he peeked at Karishma who was still lost in her own thoughts. 

"Haan...haan..mujhe bhi," Haseena forwarded her hand and slightly pulled him towards her in order to break his concentration, "Kuch kam tha aap ko?" Her voice carried a hint of jealousy as she saw his gaze lingering on Karishma.

Before the man could speak, Pushpa Ji interjected, "aree, hum ne bataya tha na," she turned Karishma towards her, "SHO," she raised her eyebrows, "janki puram thana."

"Haan...Haan," Karishma moved aside and stood at some distance from the man, "yaad hai humein," she whispered in Pushpa Ji's ear, "aap itna chila kyu rahi hai."

"Aree hum kahan," Puhspa Ji left her sentence incomplete, "accha choriye," she moved towards the man, "inse miliye yeh hain, Samar Singh," she said enthusiastically.

In this whole scenario, Haseena felt ignored as she stood in the corner leaning on the desk and was watching everything carefully without saying anything as uneasiness and uncertainty surrounded her. 

"Mil kar khushi hui aap se," Samar forwarded his hand towards Karishma.

"Aap se bhi," she said with a slight nod without forwarding her hand as she smiled unwillingly.

Haseena tried to hide her smile at Karishma's response as she stood up straight and felt a sense of relief pass through her entire being. 

Samar glanced at his empty hand and then at Karishma, "I like you, already," he said with his ever so charming smile.

"Of course, you do," Haseena intervened, "she has a very likable personality," she gritted her teeth as she looked at Pushpa Ji.

"Meine kya kiya?" Pushpa Ji just shrugged off her shoulder and looked away.

"Baat suniye humari, Karishma Singh!" She pulled Karishma aside without even waiting for her response.

"Kya chal raha tumhara?" Karishma removed her hand, "pagla gayi ho kya, tum?" She said in an irritated manner.