CH:12- What are you doing to me?

Haseena entered her room after the function and saw Karishma picking up her stuff from her room and packing everything. She observed her quietly for some time and when she couldn't hold it anymore, she asked, "What are you doing?"

"Why do you care?" Karishma responded gruffly.

Haseena went quiet and didn't ask any further questions, she just stood there, silently, and stared at her back.

Karishma took a deep breath in order to put all her anger aside due to the heated argument they had a few hours back, "I'm moving out of your room," she said, calmly this time.

"Why?" Haseena asked as she started removing her jewelry.

Karishma stood up and turned towards Haseena, "because this will make you happy, won't it?" She asked as she moved towards the side table to take her things.

Haseena didn't respond, however, she continuously observed Karishma silently through the mirror.

"Guest room has just become available," She threw everything in her bag carelessly, "Ammi told me I can move there," she said while zipping up her bag.

"You can go there tomorrow," Haseena said as she removed her makeup, "Meena will make that ready for you."

Karishma's hand paused, "I don't want to be a bother for you maddam sir," She said as she looked around the room for her things but her eyes stopped on Haseena who was taking out her clothes from the wardrobe. 

"Hmm..," Haseena muttered, "Whatever works best for you, then?" She made eye contact with Karishma as she closed the wardrobe and moved toward the bathroom.

"Nothing affects her," Karishma slumped down on the couch, "if she had asked me once more, just once more," she leaned on the couch, "I would have stayed," she muttered, "but I guess, she is glad that I am moving out." After some time, she saw Haseena coming out of the bathroom.

"Tell Meena to inform me when you are done with your packing," Haseena said as she picked up the pillow and the sheet from her bed, and moved out of the room.

"What was that?" She muttered as she peeked outside and saw Haseena climbing stairs and right behind her was Picasso, "What is up with her?" She moved inside the room and started packing her stuff again in an irritated manner.

____________________________________

It's been over thirty minutes, she informed Meena that she has done packing and Haseena can come back to her room but Haseena didn't come. Karishma paced around the room contemplating whether she should go to the terrace where Haseena was or should she just stay here. However, she couldn't hold herself, and after picking up her sketchbook, she moved toward the terrace.

On the other hand, Haseena was lying down with her eyes close and was thinking about all the happening of the past few days, "it was just a few days back when I couldn't bear the sight of that woman," she thought, "but she, she didn't care," Haseena opened her eyes and gaze at the mesmerizing night sky which was beaming with millions of stars, "regardless of my dislike towards her which I made very evident, she was unshakeable," Picasso snuggled closer to Haseena, "How?" She sighed, tiringly, "Was her guilt so strong that she was willing to go to any length to make up for what wrong she has done?" She ran her hand through Picasso's fur, "I can't put my finger on what it is but something has changed between us, Picasso."

Karishma was still standing at the last step and was staring at Haseena from the distance who was lying down, comfortably, "how can she be so peaceful after wreaking havoc inside me?" She muttered.

"I was a bit harsh on her today, wasn't I?" Haseena glanced at Picasso, "But what should I do with her?" She made eye contact with him, "she is not understanding my situation," Picasso climbed over Haseena's stomach, "I have seen fear in her eyes, Picasso, I have seen it," She continued to run her fingers through his fur, "a fear of losing me," she sighed, "she is too fragile, Picasso," she tried to keep her voice even, "She doesn't even know about the threat that I received at the night when chandelier fall–another note," the cracks in her voice started to become visible as she remembers what does the note say, "Your helplessness, the fear in your eyes, and your debilitating state gave me immense pleasure. That's what I was craving for, all along. But, don't you worry, I'll meet you soon, and I'll enjoy all that once again—this time, I'll do the deed with my own sinful hands -Y." A shiver ran through Haseena's spine, "all this is very nerve-wracking, Picasso," He got off from Haseena and stared at the new arrival, "but I don't know whom to share my fears with," she took a deep a breath, "not her, obviously," she thought.