CH:28- A Heartbreak?

Karishma entered Haseena's hospital room carrying the discharge paper in her hands, "Let's go!" She turned her back as soon as she looked at Haseena who was just in her pants and bra, "why don't you ever lock the door?" She asked with a bit of agitation in her voice.

"And, why don't you ever knock on it?" She asked while making futile attempts to button up her  shirt, "a little help here, please!" She sat on the bed tiringly after multiple unsuccessful attempts.

Karishma sighed and while keeping her gaze hooked on the floor, she moved towards Haseena, "Why didn't you ask your boyfriend?" She said as she started to button up Haseena's shirt, "he was quite worried for you."

A wide grin appeared on Haseena's face, "Are you jealous?" She asked as she continued to scan Karishma's face which had turned crimson.

"Why would I be jealous?" She uttered while adjusting Haseena's hand sling.

"Hmm...," Haseena got up, "If you say so, Karishma Singh!" She said while glancing at Karishma and then at her discharge paper.

"Chalain!" Karishma uttered as she picked up the bag and both of them came out of the hospital.

"Did Ammi say anything?" Haseena asked while getting into the jeep.

"She was really upset at you," Karishma ignited the engine, "and, then, she got extremely worried," she put the signal, "but, I told her that I'll stay by you," she uttered as she moved out, from the vicinity of the hospital.

"And, the station staff?" Haseena asked while leaning back on the seat.

"They got to know about you when we brought you to the hospital the other night," Karishma said as she made a turn, "they were exuberant after hearing about you."

"How about Abhimanyu?" Haseena asked plainly, "did he say anything?" She glanced outside the window, momentarily. 

Karishma's grip tightened on the steering wheel, "he didn't contact me," she uttered, roughly.

"But, he did to me," Haseena said while still lost in her thoughts as Karishma's change of tone went unnoticed by her, "can you please take me to the station," she requested, "he will be stopping by there to discuss something with me."

"You need rest," Karishma's mouth became bitter after hearing Abhimanyu's name.

"I have been resting for two days," Haseena said as she glanced at Karishma's somber expression, "Are you okay?" She continued to look at her.

"I'm fine," Karishma turned towards the station, "what has happened to me?" Her voice carried irritation.

"You don't seem fine," Haseena asked concerningly.

"I'm just tired," Karishma said while stopping the jeep in front of the station, "there," she pointed at the station.

"You are not coming," Haseena asked as she watched Karishma closely.

"I'll just park this," she pointed at the jeep, "Then, I'll come in."

"Hmm...," Haseena nodded and thought of talking to Karishma, once they get home.

Karishma stared at Haseena's retreating figure, "why I feel like she is slipping away from my hands," she placed her hand on the steering wheel, "if she really likes Abhimanyu, then I should move out of their way," her eyes started to tear up, "her happiness matters the most to me," she mumbled, "even though, if it's not with me," she wiped off her tears, "anyhow, I forced this relationship on her," she ignited the engine, "and, how come she will be happy in a forced relationship," she sighed coldly, "the sooner it will end, the better it will be for both of us."