No words needed [L x Reader]...

Galing kay adventuretimefanitc

L Lawliet, worlds greatest detective and possibly the smartest person alive... can't talk. Well, he can, but... Higit pa

Beginning notes
Chapter 1 | wordless gretting
Chapter 2 | sugar sugar
Chapter 3 | thoughts of the silent
Chapter 4 | more in common
Chapter 5 | a lead
Chapter 6 | new mornings
Chapter 7 | L's first try
Chapter 8 | poisonus territory
Chapter 9 | pretty, smart.
Chapter 10 | internal conflict
Chapter 11 | sketchy persons
Chapter 12 | scouting
Chapter 13 | suspect
Chapter 14 | talk
Chapter 15 | getting along
Chapter 16 | overworked
Chapter 17 | god knows
Chapter 18 | emotioal draining
Chapter 19 | love letters
Chapter 20 | checking in
Chapter 22 | inspect
Chapter 23 | take a break
Chapter 24 | down the rabbit hole
Chapter 25 | detective couple
Chapter 26 | L's confidence
Chapter 27 | connections
Chapter 28 | well rested
Chapter 29 | code cracking
Chapter 30 | last stop
Chapter 31 | England
Chapter 32 | what could have been
Chapter 33 | back on track
Chapter 34 | L's soul
Chapter 35 | located
Chapter 36 | on a roll
Chapter 37 | love me, love you
Chapter 38 | mission second suspect
Chapter 39 | steak out
Chapter 40 | who is she
Chapter 41 | monday
Chapter 42 | Rosie
Chapter 43 | like orphan like mentor
Chapter 44 | loose ends
Chapter 45 | trackers
Chapter 46 | learning
Chapter 47 | paranoid
Chapter 48 | scary
Chapter 49 | case closed?
Chapter 50 | checking in
Chapter 51 | edge
Chapter 52 | normal family
Chapter 53 | sudden realisation
Chapter 54 | rush to research
Chapter 55 | interrogation 2
Chapter 56 | one way forward
Chapter 57 | newly motivated
Chapter 58 | just one thing
Chapter 60 | Lacys story
Chapter 61 | arrest warrant
Chapter 62 | together
Chapter 63 | it all comes crumbling
Chapter 64 | all you need
Chapter 65 | anticipation
Chapter 66 | case closed
Chapter 67 | flight home
Chapter 68 | home town
Chapter 69 | no words needed

Chapter 21 | questioning

1.3K 80 16
Galing kay adventuretimefanitc

Today was the day, everything was ready to go. L had a lot of people working under him specifically for field world, and today he's organised for them to raid the suspects house for anything suspicious as well as all electronics, and you would be waiting at the police station, ready to interrogate after the arrest.

L was a little worried, even though he knew you'd done this many times before he didn't like the idea of you alone in a room with a potential killer.

There were cameras and mics in every corner of that room, so if anything did happen it'd be a matter of seconds for someone to bust down the door and help you. But even so, L was a little nervous. Under a false name, and using the cover story of being hard of hearing to not have to talk to anyone L sat on the other side of the one way glass looking into the interrogation room ready to watch. You sat at the table inside ready to question.

Along with L was the Cheif of the local police and Watari, all here to watch as well.

Finally after what felt like hours of waiting, the main suspect Max Deandrews was bought into the room. L immediately noticed a change in his body language, upon seeing you. You noticed it too, and glanced at L through the window knowing where he'd be behind it.

"Alright, this is detective AJ and they'll be conducting the questioning today" the officer said, using the false name you'd given everyone on this case.

"Thanks, I'll take it from here" you replied.

"I'll be outside if you need me"

The officer left, and it was just you and Max at a table. You'd admit you were a little nervous despite having done this before, maybe it was because this guy was particularly gross.

"Ok, as he said I'm AJ and I've been on the case since the beginning. So I'll be running you through everything today, first off is the usual protocol. You're allowed to ask for a lawyer, you have the right to remain silent, anything you do say can and will be used against you in court. Understand?" You began.

Max nodded, he seemed a bit... restless.

"So... do you know why you're here?"

"Because y'all think I killed that girl" he replied.

Blunt. He wasn't even trying to deny the fact he knew he was a suspect. Although he was insinuating it wasn't him, right off the bay it seemed like he'd take the 'I don't know why I'm a suspect' approach.

"Well yes, that's one way to put it. Are you aware why you're a suspect?" You asked.

"Probably because girls at uni don't like me, and have pointed the finger at me" he replied.

Hmm... so he was aware he wasn't liked.

"Do you know why they don't like you?"

"Because chicks only want rich, ripped, assholes. No one wants people like me" he sighed.

Ugh, you wanted to gag but couldn't show any distaste. L rolled his eyes though, both of you knew that statement was bullshit. Girls like who they like, everyone is different and has different preferences. But if you can't respect them, then OF COURSE they won't like you. If L, who never left the house and can barely talk can find love them anyone who isn't a total asshole can.

"Right... and what was your relationship with the deceased?" You asked.

"She was in my class. That's about it" he replied.

There was just something so off about this guy. He looked unkempt, and not in the sleepy, hot way like L. In the messy, loosing your mind way. He spoke with a twinge of disgust, he gave you dirty looks. And knowing his views on people like you, you'd be willing to bet that's why.

"Where where you on the night of August 15th?" You asked.

"Home, had an assignment due the next day so I was up all night working on it" he said.

Lie. Blatant lie. You and L were sure that was him on the security footage.

"And the next morning you were?"

"In class" he replied.

"What time did you leave for class?" You asked.

"Mm... probably around 7:30ish"

So he was straight up denying he even went out that night. You knew he did go to class the next day, since there was record of that. But he had zero alibi for the night before.

"Is there any way you can prove your whereabouts? Like a friend or a family member that saw you at home that night" you asked.

"...no"

So... he was admitting he had no alibi. His only defence was 'trust me bro'. Which if he were innocent wouldn't matter, people are home alone all the time so it's not uncommon to not not have a witness to stand by you. But given the case, it just looked more incriminating. As L watched you go over all the basic questions, he couldn't help but notice that not only did Max not ask for a lawyer, he didn't choose to stay silent and he is admitting he doesn't have an alibi. Yet he's still lying about where he was on the night of the 15th.

He probably thinks that if he cooperates, but still hides the face he was on the victims street that night, he'll be able to get off the hook. He probably thinks that lawyering up so early or refusing to say anything looks suspicious. Which to an extent it does, but even if you're innocent getting a lawyer is the best option. That way there's no miscommunication in all the legal work and if your police officer is corrupt, your lawyer will catch on and call them out.

L simply examined, analysed from the other side of the window. Max's body language was a weird case to him, almost like he was too still. He didn't move around that much, it was all in his facial expressions. He seemed annoyed, like this interrogation was an inconvenience to him. He also seemed to not like being in the presence of you, who he most likely seemed inferior just because of your identity.

It made him feel uneasy. He had no doubt you could hold your own but he still worried for you.

One by one you went through all the victims and Max's connections to them. He admitted he knew them all, but wasn't friends or even that close with any of them. Only knew them from classes and around campus apparently. He spoke about the women like they were inferior to him, and the few male victims were spoken about in almost an angry tone, jealousy maybe?

"Ok... so I want to ask you about some of the things going around your campus. Just so we can get both sides of things alright? We've been told you have a habit of coming onto drunk girls at parties, is that true?" You asked.

"I mean we flirt yeah, I wouldn't say come onto them we just start talking and sometimes it turned to flirting. But I mean if they're going to parties all dressed up and getting drunk they should expect it, they're looking for attention anyway" he scoffed.

You wanted to punch him. But, you forced yourself to stay professional. L on the other hand just sighed in disappointment and shook his head hearing that statement. Yet again, Max says something that insinuated woman are objects.

"Right... and when this flirting happens, does it go any further than that?" You asked.

"No, their stupid friends always pull them away before we can do anything. Even though they're the ones asking for it..." he replied.

You wanted to smash this man's head against a wall. 'Asking for it', what a joke. If it wasn't clear he views women as objects before it definitely is now. L could see you were starting to get really annoyed, through the slight shifts on your body language. But he was impressed how well you were keeping it together.

"I've been told you have two friends you often go to parties with, do they do the same thing or are you the flirt of the group?" You asked.

"They do, yes. Although they haven't managed to get as far as me. Poor suckers are useless with girls" he snickered, finding his friends lack of a love life amusing.

Ironic since he didn't have much of one as it was...

"Ok, well... that's about all for now. That covers all the basics, the same officer will be back in a moment to help you wrap up all the paperwork. Thank you for cooperating, and know that you may be back if the investigators wish to question you on anything they find in the search" you said, ready to get out of there.

"Right. So they're taking all my stuff?" He asked.

"Not all of it. Just anything they find suspicious and your electronics, but hey. If you're innocent then you don't have anything to worry about do you? Nothing to hide..."

Leaving him with the other officer you walked down the halls and into the room L and the others were watching from. You took a frustrated breath. If you could scream in anger at how much of an asshole this man was you would. But, you had to be professional right now.

"Geez, some gentleman..." the Cheif commented.

"I know, clearly the kind that fits the bill for this case" you said, throughly annoyed.

You walked over to L, who gave you a worried look.

"I'm fine... just pissed off at that man's behaviour" you assured.

He didn't blame you, Max was insufferable.

"I suppose we should start looking through all the ceased items huh?" You said.

Now that L was kind of existed for. He was sure that if the solid evidence would be anywhere, it'd be in the pile of stuff ceased from his house. He wanted to break into that computer and see what was on there, the stuff that he wasn't able to hack his way into.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

656K 24K 100
Winner of DeathNoteAwards Golden Apple section, Highest Ranking: #1 in Deathnote [COMPLETED] ACTION PACKED in the later chapters --- (Y/N) Lives in t...
65.5K 4K 35
What if Ryuzaki and Hedeki Ryuga weren't just aliases? What if there was more than one person occupying the mind of the worlds greatest detective? T...
323K 15.1K 59
The allusive L. No one has ever seen his face, heard his real voice, knows his real name. Expect for his secret lover no one knows he has, you. Hopel...
269K 10.8K 28
(Y/n) (l/n). What a person. I don't think anyone really knows what to call that enigma. Some say they're a freak. An unfathomable eccentric. Others t...