Chapter 61 | arrest warrant

Your lead with Lacy had lead you down a rabbit hole these past few weeks. Going from house to house of the students and their parents, gathering stories that proved Miss Andrea had been harming her students. 3 separate kids came forward with stories of physical harm and 7 of psychological harm. That was more than enough to perform an arrest, and cease her belongings to look for evidence she was involved in Rosie's kidnapping.

Today, while you went out to collect the ceased belongings and discuss the arrest with the officers, L was tasked with asking Rosie if she wanted to come with you and L to see your parents when the case was over. Now there was an arrest, the end was drawing nearer.

Although going into Rosie's room during playtime meant L walked right into a tea party. So there he sat on the floor with plastic cups and plates, sootie in his basket with his own little cup too and Rosie insisting he eat the imaginary cakes she'd made.

By now he was used to playing pretend, he'd done it with the boys. Although they tended to go for a more sword fight approach rather than a tea party. Sootie had grown a bit since Rosie found him, and was now a middle sized cat who loved a good cuddle and left black fur all over L's white shirt. Sootie held the little plastic cup between his two paws, just watching Rosie and L 'ear' the lovely air cake.

If it made Rosie happy, L would play along.

"Rosie" he spoke.

Rosie looked up, still not used to hearing L's voice. They'd spoken a few times with their voice, but mainly communicated with sign language. L put the little cup down, and used his hands to talk to her.

'I have something to ask you, pay attention please' he signed.

Rosie put her cup down, and nodded to show she was paying attention.

'When this case is finished, me and (y/n) are going to visit her dads back in their country. We'll be gone for several months. I know you don't like being away from us, so you can come with us if you want. If not you can stay here and the boys will help look after you' L explained with his hands.

Rosie perked up, liking the idea of coming with you both.

'I want to come. It's scary away from you. I love my friends and the orphanage but I need you and (y/n) to keep me safe' she signed back.

'Alright, you can come. One of (y/n)a dads knows sign language too so we can both talk to him just fine' L replied.

Rosie smiled, glad to know she would be able to communicate. She'd learnt fast from L's lessons and was signing like she was born with the ability nowadays. She learnt very fast, like a true wammys kid.

'I've never been in a plane before, is it scary?' She signed.

'Not really, it's pretty boring actually' L replied.

That seemed like a good enough answer for her, as long as it wasn't scary she'd be able to sit through it. She'd had enough scary things for one lifetime, she wanted no more after her kidnapping.

'I'm exited! I didn't know you could have 2 dads until (y/n) told me, it'll be fun to meet them!" She smiled.

'They're nice. I've never met them in person but I've talked to them on the computer lots. It'll be fun' L replied.

Rosie got up, walked over to her desk and opened one of the drawers. She pulled out a box of hair supplies and decided that this was more fun than a tea party right now.

'Can you do my hair? And then I'll do yours?' She signed.

L didn't really know how to do hair, but he could try if it made her happy. He'd seen it done before, and he'd helped Mello here and there with his long hair. He agreed and hat her sit in his lap in front of the mirror so he could brush it out and do something with her hair.