Run to You | Xu Minghao ; THE...

By hyunshualatte

"Let's do this, my I." Wherein the ace of the dance academy, Xu Minghao, reaches his hand out to the helples... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
note!! :)

XII

163 10 2
By hyunshualatte

┍━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┑
It's different, different, different
달라 달라 달라
┕━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┙

Minghao's POV:

Days passed by like a blur of joy, warmth and blissful moments. The days were short, but we cherished every second of them. We did everything we could together, and spent every moment together, even if it meant that it would later be hard for us.

We went shopping, we painted together, we went to different places, and even cooked and cleaned together.

It was the night before her departure. Her flight would be in the morning. I tried not to think about how it would be after she left. If I started to, I would end up crying and begging her to stay, and she would not want to see me like that. She had to leave, there was no other option.

My mom had invited us for dinner the day before. It was a very memorable day for us. Jia, my mom and Junhui got along really well. It made my heart warm seeing the three of them in each other's company. All three of the people I loved the most.

Later, Jia had told me that when she was with my mom and brother, it reminded her of her own family. That had touched my heart so much that I ended up crying. Childish, I know. But I just couldn't help it.

I had stepped outside for a while to get us dinner. I was on the way back and had stopped walking to savour the soft breeze kissing my face. I took a deep, shaky breath and opened the door to my dorm.

I put our food on the table and went to my room since I couldn't see Jia around. I was about to knock and call her for dinner, but I heard soft music playing inside.

I slowly opened the door, and found her dancing with her eyes closed, her body slowly swaying to the music. A smile immediately formed on my lips. I admired her for a while before I sneaked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her torso. Her head whipped back as her eyes widened in shock.

"You scared me!" I chuckled softly as she turned towards me and rested her head on my chest.

I intervened our hands and slowly began swaying our bodies to the slow music playing. We danced and danced until our soles hurt, and we ended up on the bed cuddling under the sheets. My heart ached for her, and I couldn't keep myself from wanting to hold her tightly and never let her go.

But even with those thoughts running through my mind, I knew it wouldn't be easy. I didn't believe in false hope, and I refused to believe that things will turn out fine. Things won't be perfect, they never are. Nothing ever is. Even if they're supposed to.

I felt her shift, and she looked up to face me, her gaze full of fondness. "What are you thinking about?" she asked.

"You," I answered.

She gave me a little grin and pecked my lips. I grinned back at her. "I love you," she said quietly but softly.

"I love you too, Jia," I whispered. I pulled her close to me and wrapped my arms around her waist. I nuzzled into her neck and inhaled deeply. She smelled like daisies. Daisies and fresh air. The combination always makes my heart flutter.

She turned in my arms so that she was now laying across my chest, facing me.

"Minghao..." she trailed off. I gently stroked her back as I waited patiently. She continued speaking softly after several minutes. "Don't forget me. Even if we end up losing contact...please don't forget about me. About us."

I swallowed, but I stayed quiet.

"I know I'm being selfish right now," she continued, making eye contact with me. "But...please wait for me."

I nodded, burying my head in her neck as the tears I had so desperately been holding onto the entire day finally came out. I felt her hold me tighter as I sobbed and cried. I was going to miss her so much.

Eventually, I managed to calm down. I buried my face deeper in her neck, breathing in her scent again and again. I heard her sniffle slightly as she too, cried a bit. I wanted to take the pain away from her, but I couldn't. I had to wait. We still needed time. Time to heal and process all that has happened. Time to heal and cope with the fact that we might never each other again.

We eventually fell asleep on top of each other while talking about random things. I woke up hours later, feeling her weight on me.

The sun had not risen yet. I checked the time, and it was 5 am. I took a shaky breath, realising that I would have to let her go soon.

I didn't wake her up, but instead took my time admiring her features before I got out of bed. She looked so beautiful in her sleep. Her eyelashes were fanned out and they cast shadows on her cheeks. Her cheeks were flushed red from sleeping, her hair falling on her face.

"Jia," I whispered, stroking her hair away from her face. "Jia, wake up."

She stirred but didn't open her eyes.

I shook her gently. "Wake up, my moon."

She groggily opened her eyes, as she looked up at me. She blinked twice, rubbing her eyes before focusing on me.

"Hao?" she questioned. "What time is it?"

"5 am," I answered as I ran my finger along her nose. She swallowed nervously.

"We'll have to leave soon," she whispered and I nodded, holding her closer to me.

"My mom and Junhui want to come to see you off as well. Are you okay with that?" I asked, and she nodded before pulling me up with her.

"Come on, we should get ready. It'll take us time to reach the airport."

══════ ☽ • ☾ ══════

We had breakfast at a cafe nearby. It had just opened since it was still early, and there wasn't anyone there except us.

We didn't talk much, not at the cafe, nor on the way to the airport. We just kept our hands intertwined between us, both afraid to lose the touch.

When we finally arrived at the airport, she went out to greet my mom and brother and I took out her luggage. It was time now. Time to let her go.

I watched her back as she hugged them and bid them her farewell. I tried to think of what to say, but I couldn't even muster the strength to open my mouth.

She finally turned towards me, and my knees went weak. Her face was tear-stained, but I couldn't bear seeing her cry anymore. I had already cried enough last night. So I walked towards her and tightly wrapped my arms around her.

"Travel safely, hm? Call me when you arrive there, okay? Call me." I managed to say, and she nodded.

"I don't want to leave you," she whispered and I broke apart, wiping away her tears, and then cupping her face. "You're not leaving me. We will meet again, Jia. I believe we will. You said we would write to each other till then, right? We can always call each other, too." She swallowed and nodded again, and I managed a weak smile. We heard an announcement over the speaker that it was time for her flight.

I leaned down to kiss her forehead. Then, I slowly released her and stepped back.

"Take care." I breathed and looked deep into her eyes. I saw determination in them, but also sadness and fear.

I could feel tears welling up in mine, threatening to spill over any minute.

She turned her back and began to walk away, but she stopped and came to me again. I looked at her, my eyebrows raised.

Then she reached up and gave me a soft, yet passionate kiss. I smiled into her kiss, trying my best to memorise every detail of this moment. I wanted to remember it forever.

"I have engraved your name in my heart," she whispered when she finally pulled away, before turning her back on me again. I was too stunned to speak, so I just watched her with wide eyes as she walked with her back towards me.

"Goodbye, my I," she mouthed as she turned back one last time, and how I desperately wished I could freeze the moment.

Then she turned her back to me again, raised her chin, and walked away.

It hit me like a truck. My legs started shaking uncontrollably as I stared at her retreating figure and realised that I might never have the chance to see her again. Never again see her smile or laugh. Never again wake up to her weight beside me. Never again walk back home and have her welcome me into her arms which would erase away all my worries of the day. Never again watch her fall asleep in front of me with a peaceful expression. Never again hear her voice whispering sweet words of affection in my ear before falling asleep soundly. Never again lie down on the soft grass and gaze a the stars with her.

Never again.

══════ ☽ • ☾ ══════

word count: 1.5K

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 872 23
"What did you just say, Mingyu?" "I said I like her too. If you can, try to take away her from me." A bittersweet love story of Kim Mingyu. Will Ming...
53.5K 2K 41
When a girl like her, who was almost perfect, met this broken guy with a beautiful smile named Jung Wooyoung, she felt something for the first time i...
104K 4.9K 21
junhui saves the popular kid after he passes out. warning: sensitive topics discussed: eating disorders, abuse
22.9K 876 32
"I apologize if I offended you in any way, but please let me go! I want to go home!" She sobs as she slides down the wall on her knees, burying her f...