Your Twinkling Eyes

Door AdedoyinAyeni

Tami is a simple and cute seventeen year old girl who just finished her SSCE( secondary school) and is about... Meer

Author's Note
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Updated Cast List!!!!
Twenty -One
Twenty Two
Twenty -Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thrity Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six

Twenty Seven

43 7 0
Door AdedoyinAyeni

Tami🦋
Zach and I sat at the cafeteria as we both ate our lunch. We just finished a very intense class, and we were both very hungry. Our freshman orientation was in a few days and Zach has been under a lot of pressure concerning the preparations and all other things since he was the class representative for our level.

He met with our seniors, departmental president and his team of senates in the faculty to discuss the planning and preparations for the orientation. I've also been helping him out with the banners, and compiling lists of all the various activities that we'll be doing at the orientation.
"I've not had time for myself in daysss!" Zach groaned out in agony as he emptied his bottled water.
"I must say Zach, you're really handling the responsibility of being the rep pretty well" I commended with a smile as I took a bite out of my chicken..
"Oh please, I hate this job.. I don't have time for myself anymore plus our seniors are fucking annoying! Zach do this, Zach have you spoken to the general secretary?, Zach we have protocols, Zach Zach Zach!!!" He complained his face full on scowling causing me to wince..
"Yeesh, they really are on your case sha" I said feeling for him..
"I'm telling you tami, I'm this close to loosing it.. this close" he said in annoyance gesturing with his fingers..

"Please don't loose it, remember you're representing our class.. plus they're our seniors.. just bear it" I comforted trying to ease his anger..
"Omo I don't care anymore o.. and do you know who I hate the most, that Serena or whatever her name is, I can't stand her! She's so pompous and acts like she's so much better than everyone else in the team.. Bitch" Zach insulted as he drank another full bottled water..
Whenever he's angry, he drinks excessive water.. it's a really weird habit I've noticed.. right now he has drank up to like three bottles..
"Okay, enough of the bottled water" I said with a chuckle collecting the bottle from him..

"You know something tami, when next we have our general meeting and that Serena starts her madness I'm going to tell her to shut her fucking face.." he said hissing in the process causing me to laugh out loud..
"Oya calm down boss, relax.. I'm honestly surprised that she's like that, she's always so calm during tutorial sessions" I said in wonder knowing who exactly he was talking about..
"Because she doesn't need to have an opinion during tutorials but when it's time for our meeting she's so loud, annoying and extra.. No one likes her, trust me" he said causing me to shake my head a small smile on my face..
Whenever Zach gets angry and in his feelings it's always a very funny scene.. But I don't blame him, the orientation has been giving him a whole lot of headaches..

"So tami, have you told tony about the orientation?" Zach asked changing the subject as I watched him eat his food..
I gave a sigh to that answering him " No I haven't. It keeps slipping my mind honestly"
"You really should tell him, so he'll make time to attend it.. Don't you miss him?" Zach asked in concern giving me a look..
Zach knows about my relationship with tony and he really ships us. He and tony spoke once on the phone and they really bonded with each other. Tony was so happy to see that I had already made a friend in my department and he said Zach was a good guy and told him to look after me.

Plus Zach is very excited on getting to meet him for the first time, that's why he's so keen on getting me to invite tony for our orientation. But honestly the real reason I haven't told tony is because I'm scared.. It's one thing for him to call me and text me, but then I'm worried that if we saw each other he'll see right through me and figure out what's really going on and I don't want that..
Lately, I've been having mixed feelings about my relationship with tony.. I don't know if I still like him and it's not like it's his fault, he's honestly the best boyfriend a girl could ever ask for.. but then.. I just don't feel that strong emotion I used to for him.. times like these I really wish Kemi was here with me, she always knew the answer to my problems..
"You make sure you tell him today, I really want to meet him.."Zach said bringing me out of my thoughts..
All of a sudden, the atmosphere in the cafeteria became charged with murmurs and whispers. Zach and I looked at each other in confusion wondering what was currently going on when we noticed the three best friends walk in looking fabulous and expensive as usual with Derin tagging along and some guy I've not seen before..
"The crown lake queens have finally graced us with their presence.." I heard Zach mutter as he looked at them with a blank expression on his face..
"Is that what they're really called?" I asked as I looked at them sit at a particular table feeling like royalty everyone's eyes on them..

"Yeah.. They're the most popular freshmen in all of crownlake right now. It's honestly stupid the way everyone's fawning over them, they're just plastic rich girls.." Zach said with a roll of his eyes both our eyes still looking at them.
"Wow.. you know they're also popular outside of school.. They're big time influencers.." I added..
"Whatever, I have more things to worry about than spoilt rich brats acting like prissy princesses.." Zach insulted scrolling through his phone causing me to laugh.
I looked back at them to see Derin's head rested on Naomi's shoulder as she played with his hair talking animatedly with her friends. He was already part of the group, I could clearly see it.. We might be best friends but right now there was a huge gap between us socially and that alone scared me..
I was already starting to loose him to popular crowd..
His eyes suddenly met mine as they gazed at me with such intensity causing my heart rate to increase with each passing minute before he finally gave me a small smile before looking away..
We were cool.. even if things right now were very different, we'll get through it..
But I still wished he was seated right here with me.. teasing me and being annoying as usual trying to get me to smile.. I missed my best friend.
"Tami, what do you think we should do about the stage in Humanities auditorium? I honestly think it's too small.." Zach suddenly said snapping me out of my thoughts as he looked up from his phone awaiting my answer..
"Oh, uhm let's just do whatever you think is right" I answered absentmindedly causing him to give me a strange look going back to what he was doing on his phone as I turned to glance back at Derin..
                   *****************
Kemi and I texted back and forth on WhatsApp as I told her everything that was going on with me, Derin, Naomi.. I've missed her and I needed her more than ever right now. I was currently in my dorm, lying right on my bed with my phone in my hands. Desola wasn't around since she had dance practice so I was all alone.
"So you're saying that you and Derin almost kissed?" Kemi sent..
"Yeah kems and what's worse is that I was going to allow it! I don't know what else to do babe.. it's not fair to tony, if I keep on acting like this" I typed sending it to her..

"It's really not tami.. Tony honestly likes you and you can't let what you and Derin have going on ruin it.. you just can't tami" she replied.
"Then what do you want me to do? I thought that dating tony will help me move on, but it's just way worse.." I sent feeling frustrated about my current emotions.

"Why don't you talk to tony about this?" She sent causing me to widen my eyes in shock..
"Are you crazy?!! You want me to hurt him? He wasn't sure about dating me in the first place because of this issue and you want me to tell him that I'm currently having mixed feelings concerning our relationship.." I replied immediately
"Yeah that's a bad idea, don't say anything to him.." she sent back
" I wasn't planning to in the first place sef.."
"Alright, but we honestly need to figure out something to help your situation babe.." she sent..

"I know.. help meee!" I begged.
"Hmm.."
"Do you know he's dating Naomi again?" I sent
"Are you serious?! I thought he ended it with her.." she replied..
"He did, but recently she's being begging him to take her back and he decided to.. they're honestly one of the hottest couples on campus right now" I explained..
"Wow.. just wow, how're you handling this babe? I know.. you get really sensitive when it comes to both of them.." she sent sounding really concerned..
"It honestly hasn't been easy for me but.. I have no choice, it's not his fault that I feel what I feel for him"
"Is it though?.." she reasoned..

"Maybe I'm feeling this way because I haven't seen tony in a while now.. so my emotions are wavering.. cos I miss him" I sent trying to make myself believe..
"Hmm that could be true too o, you're not used to this long distance thing so it's affecting you and since you and Derin are in the same school, your feelings for him are starting to slowly resurface" Kemi replied her reasoning making sense..
"You're right.. I'm just feeling this way cos I miss him and distracted.. and I know just how to fix it" I sent back
"And how's that?" She replied

"I'm going to invite him for my freshman orientation.." I said finally making up my mind..
"Alright babe, you do you okay.. I have to go, I have a class" Kemi replied making me smile..
"Okay.. We'll talk later.. bye kems"  I sent before she finally went offline..

I immediately opened up Tony's chat as I texted him "Hey baby, I'm inviting you for my freshman orientation.. if you aren't busy, you really should come.. cos I miss you alot".
I gave a sigh to that dropping my phone hoping he says yes to my invite and that things go according to plan cos if it doesn't then I'm fucked!.

AN:
Sooooo that happened.. Tami is starting to have mixed feelings concerning her relationship with tony..
Do you think her plan is going to work or is she just being stupid and acting too much in her feelings..
I feel it's the latter cos.. what she feels for Derin isn't exactly stable but who am I to talk?
It's actually up to you readers.. hehehe
Please comment and Vote

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

6K 1.3K 42
π‘°π’Žπ’‚π’ˆπ’Šπ’π’† π‘»π’‰π’Šπ’”... You walk into room 17 in the sickbay in search of your boyfriend. Much to your surprise and horror, you find him cheating...
3K 557 15
I tried not to look up, fought the urge to find out what he was actually looking at but it was to no avail. I finally joined him and I didn't spot an...
595 45 12
CONTAINS SEXUAL CONTENT. Not your typical Nigerian teenage story. 17 Year old's, Jessabelle and her Best friend Blessing ignorantly Fall in love. Bu...
1.1K 61 20
Have you ever liked some guy that is popular, attractive and yet annoying, rude, mean at the same time? I'm sure nearly every girl has. Mikasa your...