Passion In The Game

Bởi AlexxRazzay

Anthony and Rayna have been happy for a while. However, things start to stir up when things go a little haywi... Xem Thêm

In Due Time
Wet
Just A Gift
Author's Note *IMPORTANT*
Prized Possession
Temptation's A Bitch
Right Here
Next Question
Haunted
Author's Note
Intruder
Hardship
Too Beautiful
Mine
Author's Note
History Pt. 1
History Pt. 2
History Pt. 3
History Pt. 4
History Pt. 6
Hurt Feelings
Be At Peace
All That Remains
Making Plans
What The Queen Wants
Getting Involved
Finally
The Matrimony
The Last Hurrah
This Is It
Everything I Have To Offer
Taking Off The Training Wheels
Happy Home
Language
They're Adults
Not In The Plan
Come Home
Baby Talk
Trial and Error
Drifting Apart
Something New
Space
Amends
Enchanted In Seattle
Secrecy
Depression
Get Rid Of Her
The Ultimatum
It's Been A While
Decisions, Decisions
Leave Quietly
The Alternate Story

History Pt. 5

56 5 7
Bởi AlexxRazzay

Season opener for Wisconsin was a sell out. Anthony was named captain as well as starting quarterback after walking on. Rayna was an athletic trainer, helping out the team, doing what she had a passion for.

Anthony had just made a touchdown. He sat on the bench.

"Towel!" he yelled.

Rayna heard someone calling for something.

"Towel!" someone said. Rayna hurried to give them their towel. She wiped the sweat off of them. Rayna politely handed the player the bottle of Gatorade. Rayna looked at his leg to see him bleeding.

"You're bleeding." she said. "Stay right here."

Rayna walked away and came back with things to clean up his wound.

Anthony watched as the woman cleaned his wound.

"You remember how this happened?" the woman asked working diligently to clean him up.

"No, not really. Might have been when I got tackled." Anthony explained.

Rayna put a bandage on the player's leg then wrapped it in tape. "Good to go."

Anthony took one more squirt of Gatorade and thanked the woman. She cleaned up her mess as Anthony went to his coach.

At the end of the night, Anthony was coming out of the locker room. He spotted the female trainer that helped him. She was beautiful and thick in all the right places. The woman was with another girl he hadn't seen before.

"So, how do you like Wisconsin so far?" Alexis said.

"I like it" Rayna said.

"Good. We should go out tomorrow." Alexis said.

"I've been everywhere, though" Rayna said.

"Baby! You haven't been out until you've been out with me." Alexis said. Rayna laughed as they got on the elevator.

Anthony stepped on the elevator with the two women. They all stood on the elevator awkwardly. Anthony turned to the girl. "Thanks again for helping me tonight."

"Yeah. It's cool" Rayna said. The doors of the elevator opened.

Rayna and Anthony tried to get off the elevator at the same time. Anthony stepped back and extended his hand out.

"Ladies first." he said.

"Thank you." Rayna said. Rayna motioned for Alexis to follow her. Anthony watched them walk away.

"He's cute." Alexis whispered to Rayna.

"Do you think about something other than men?" Rayna said.

"No not really" Alexis said, laughing. Rayna laughed with her as they got in the car.

Time passes and both Anthony and Rayna had found much success. Anthony closed out his college football career winning the Rose Bowl. His next step was the NFL. Rayna did all the necessary requirements to take her certification test. She'd finally be able to work her dream job. For both Anthony and Rayna, the world was soon to be theirs and they'd cross paths again.

Anthony was in one of the local hangouts with teammate Byron Canon. They were playing pool and talking about topics from rugby, movies, past football games, and plans for the future. Rayna and Alexis walked in, with arms locked. They were best of friends, sisters even.

"Oh look men." Alexis said.

"You're a trip. Men always on your mind" Rayna said. "Wisconsin boys aren't even that good."

"Well maybe we should run down to Texas and I'll just find me a nice southern gentleman to keep me warm at night." Alexis said.

"Oh girl!" Rayna said.

"Yeah, someone to do the 2-step in this pussy." Alexis said.

"Nasty!" Rayna laughed.

"Come on girl." Alexis said taking to the table.

"Oh look what we got here." Bryon said.

"What?" Anthony said taking his turn.

"Look at those two" Byron said pointing his stick at Rayna and Alexis said.

"Man come on. I don't have a lot of interest in girls, you know that." Anthony said.

"What? You gay?" Byron said.

"No! You know the story about the girl that almost cost me my life." Anthony said.

"Anthony, I have it time and time again. Not all females are like that." Byron said taking his turn. "You are going to die not knowing the love of a woman."

"Ugh. Fine!" Anthony said. "Bring them over here. We'll mingle but if it doesn't go right you can never try to set me up anymore."

"Fine. Just know I'm trying to help you find Mrs. Right." Byron said laying his stick on the table and heading over to the girls.

Alexis and Rayna were chattering when they looked up to see Byron.

"Can we help you?" Rayna said.

"Me and my friend were just talking about how much nicer of an evening we'd have if you two would join us." Byron said.

"Mmm. Sounds interesting." Alexis said.

"You won't be bored." Byron said.

"Alright." Rayna said. Byron brought the girls back to the pool table.

"Ladies, this is Anthony." Byron said. Anthony waved then caught sight of Rayna.

"You look familiar." he said.

"Oh yeah. You're the quarterback slash captain." Rayna said.

"Yeah. You are?" Anthony said extending his hand to her.

"Rayna" she said shaking it. "Rayna Clarke."

"That's right. You were a trainer." Anthony said. "It's nice to finally know your name."

"That's right. You always made the Gatorade." Byron said.

"Yeah, that was me." Rayna said. "This is my friend, Alexis."

"Her sister from another mister." Alexis said bumping her.

"Well, aren't you two cute?" Byron said.

"Where you guys from?" Rayna said.

"Virginia." Anthony said.

"Ohio." Byron said.

"Chicago." Alexis said.

"Texas." Rayna said.

"Ooh, we got the south in the building." Anthony said.

"Yeehaw!" Byron teased.

"Yeah. Even when y'all played Texas schools I was kinda hoping y'all would lose." Rayna said.

"What? Come on! You gotta rep your school." Byron said.

"I was born Texas. I live Texas and I will die Texas." Rayna said.

"I can respect that." Anthony said. Rayna looked to Anthony and smiled. Anthony didn't show it but he was in awe of that smile. Rayna's smile was warm and friendly. Not fake like the smiles he got from other girls.

"So, what are the plans for the future?" Alexis said hoping on the pool table.

"Go home. Start a daycare for unprivileged boys." Byron said.

"Start my own fashion line." Alexis said. "What about you, Anthony?"

"Uh. I haven't quite decided, yet." Anthony said. Anthony knew as soon as he said he was going to the NFL these girls were going to be all over him.

"I thought you wanted to-" Byron was cut off by Anthony shooting him a side look as he took his turn.

"What was that you were saying?" Alexis said.

"Nothing. Anthony does know what he wants to do. He just likes to surprise people."

"Or he just doesn't want people in his business." Alexis said. Anthony was a breath from defending himself when Rayna stepped in.

"There's nothing wrong with that. If someone is private about their life then let them have that." Rayna said. "Their business is their business."

"True." Byron said.

"I mean you have the right to tell people. Your life is yours to do with as you please. I understand it some do some don't." Rayna said before meeting Anthony's eyes.

"Exactly." he said. Anthony didn't usually meet people who understood him. Rayna looked away once things started to get awkward.

"Yep, my girl's a writer." Alexis said nudging her. "You can clearly tell by how harmonious her words were."

"And an athletic trainer. I take my test soon and once I pass I'll be certified." Rayna said.

"You must work hard" Anthony said a little concerned.

"She really does. Poor girl names injuries in her sleep." Alexis teased. Rayna pushed her slightly.

"You like what you do?" Anthony asked.

"Yeah. I've been wanting this for a while." Rayna said.

Anthony nodded at her response and started to think of his mom. How hard she'd work. Coming home sick or her body would ache. Rayna seemed to nice for that.

"Anyway, weren't y'all playing pool?" Rayna said.

"Yeah." Byron said.

"Well I don't know about this one" Rayna said pointing at Alexis. "but I want in."

"Well, I might as well get in too" Alexis said.

"Can you even play?" Byron laughed.

"Please don't underestimate me." Rayna said.

"Let's make it interesting." Byron said. "Put money in."

Everyone went small and put 5 dollars on the table. Byron won with Rayna coming runner up. The girls went into the restroom.

"So how you feeling?" Byron said.

"I like Rayna. But Alexis I think is her name, I don't like her." Anthony said.

"Well, get Rayna's number." Byron said.

"Nah. I like her but I have no idea what she's like beyond what I've seen." Anthony said.

"You are the captain of the football team and star quarterback. You are trying out for the Draft. She would've jumped on you by now." Byron said.

"She still could be faking." Anthony said.

"Anthony! Take a freaking chance! Tell her you are heading for the big leagues and see what she does. If it turns out well, get her number and make it happen!" Byron said.

"No." Anthony said

"Anthony I see the way you look at her. You like her. You want to know her. Do it!" Byron said.

"Fine!" Anthony said.

Rayna looked in the mirror. "So Anthony's nice." Alexis said.

"Yeah. He is. You want him?" Rayna said.

"No. But he wants you." Alexis said. "You want him."

"How would you know that?" Rayna said picking at her eyelashes.

"Because I see the way y'all look at each other." Alexis said.

"He looks like he's not worried about women." Rayna said.

"Just try him out." Alexis groaned.

"I'm not like you. I don't hit and quit. I want something long lasting." Rayna said.

"I only hit and quit when they don't have what I want." Alexis said.

"I don't know. We'll see at the end of the night." Rayna said. They walked out the restroom and back over to the pool table. "So what's next?"

"How about a dance?" Anthony said extending his hands to her.

"Sure." Rayna said taking it. When she took his hand, it was like two puzzle pieces coming together. A perfect fit. They both felt the magic run through their hands and into their hearts.

Anthony felt Rayna's soft skin and it was sensational. His heart stopped for a second. When it restarted it was beating 10 times faster and harder.

Rayna felt like melting when they held hands. It felt so good that she wished their hands would be locked together forever.

Anthony lead her to the dance floor. He took her hand and placed the other on the middle of her back. Rayna placed her free hand on her shoulder.

"Have you ever danced before?" Rayna asked.

"Yes." Anthony said. "Have you?"

"Well not slow dancing." Rayna said.

"Well, I'll do my best to make sure you have a nice first slow dance." he joked.

Rayna laughed. They let the soft music take over and just moved to the beat. Anthony pushed her out and twirled her around. When he brought her back in, his foot came down on her toes.

"Ouch shit!" Rayna said grabbing at her foot.

"Ooh language." Anthony said.

"You stepped on my foot!" She said.

"I'm sorry." he said.

"It's fine." Rayna said straightening up. They got back on track with the dancing.

"Can I tell you something?" Anthony said.

"Sure." Rayna said.

"I mean...can I trust you with something?" Anthony said.

"Yes, you can." she said. "What is it?"

"I'm going to be participating in the NFL Scouting Combine. If I do good, I'll go to the draft." Rayna said.

"Ok. Good for you." Rayna said bluntly.

Anthony was slightly taken aback. "Usually, if someone tells a girl something like that, the girl flips out and throws herself at them."

"Well, technically, I can't throw myself at you. And secondly, you thought I was one of those girls? I'm lightly insulted." Rayna said.

"I didn't mean to..." Anthony started.

"I'm kidding." she laughed. "I'm not the kind of girl that likes materialistic things. I like quality in heart." Rayna said.

"That's something that's rare to find. Well, it was for me anyway." Anthony said.

"Maybe, you shelter yourself too much. You keep a tight circle and you're scared of talking to a certain type of person based on looks and stereotypes. You shy away from people. Almost like you want an excuse for you not to get to know them. Even if you do talk to them, you don't trust them. From what I can tell, it takes a certain type of person or a really long time to get in close with you." Rayna said.

Anthony was amazed. He had only met her two hours ago and she had told him something that it would take someone 2 years to figure out. "Not everyone can get me like you just did."

"It takes a certain type of person sometimes."Rayna said smiling. The song switched to an even slower song. "Oh! I love this song."

"I got one more dance in me." Anthony said. They slowed their pace. Anthony was careful not to step on her feet this time. He pulled Rayna closer, her smell was intoxicating. The feel of her body was something he hadn't felt in long time. Rayna was a little nervous being so close to Anthony. She had never actually danced with a guy. Though, he was doing such a good job. So smooth were their steps as they glided on the dance floor.

"I thought I had it all together, always a couple steps ahead. I knew the game of love like the back of my hand but, since you cast your spell I haven't been myself. Don't know my up from my down or my right from my left.

I'm scared while I'm happy. I miss you before you leave. You wouldn't recognize me now. I question where you're going. Can't hear a song without crying. I didn't fall babe, love fell on me"

Anthony was the definition of sprung. He never had anyone understand him so fast. Was she it? Anthony often prayed to God to protect him from negativity and women like Bridget. He never asked for a woman, but the fact Rayna had the potential was beyond him.

Was she the one? Only two hours and he felt like she was the one. She had this light in her eyes. Rayna couldn't be real. There was sunshine in her smile. Magic in her walk. The song ended and Rayna pulled away from him.

"Well, Anthony it has been a great evening. But, we gotta split. I'll see you around." Rayna said.

"Right." Anthony said cracking a smile. "See you."

Rayna motioned for Alexis to follow her out to her car. Rayna left out the bar and Anthony watched as she left him, dazed. Anthony walked back over to Byron.

"Did you get his number?" Alexis said getting in Rayna's car.

"Ah, shit. No." Rayna whined starting her car.

"What the hell, Rayna!" Alexis said.

"Did you get her number?" Byron asked.

"No." Anthony said facepalming himself.

"Go out there, get her number!" Byron said.

"What if she already left?" Anthony said.

Byron pushed him towards the door. Anthony walked outside and walked up to the Red Nissan Altima. He knocked on the window. Rayna rolled it down and looked up at him.

"I was just about to come look for you." she laughed.

Anthony leaned against the car. "I, uh, can I call you sometime?"

Rayna handed him a piece of paper with her number and email.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

99.7K 8.6K 80
This story has all up and down of tejran. Like the worst wkv, dragon task, their worst fight on new year and other fights. Will their relationship g...
9.1K 134 24
Through marriage, they're cousins. Not blood-related cousins, marriage related cousins. What will happen when they have to stay together during the s...
61.2K 763 32
America and Maxon are finally married. They couldn't each be more happy. This story follows their lives after The One ends. I didn't write The Selec...
10.2K 214 37
Rocky and Alyson have a whirlwind romance, but unexpected things keep occurring that change their lives entirely, will they be able to have the young...