Fakemates

By readingatnightt

Evelyn Carmichael has had a crush on Dean Jameson ever since she figured out what a crush was. To make matte... More

Trigger Warnings
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Epilogue
Bonus Scene

Chapter Five

12.2K 365 28
By readingatnightt

Evelyn

'Dress nice. Will be picking you up at eight. Do not be late.'

True to his words, his secretary sent me his schedule the same day. After signing his fake girlfriend contract, he told me to go home and get some rest. He had warned me not to ever drink like that again before actually letting me go.

It's been two days since I last saw Dean, and for some reason, I was almost excited when I saw that he had an event today. Granted, it was a charity event, but an event, nonetheless.

Signing the contract made me realize something, Dean was playing a game with me. He wanted to teach me a lesson but in a cruel, sadistic way. I was excited to see how tonight was going to go down.

Was he going to let me hang off his arm as he introduced me as his girlfriend, or would he be stiff and humorless the entire night? Would he hold my hand for show or keep his hands to himself?

Would he act all romantic and sweet, so people buy our fake deal or not? I don't know Dean, at least not enough to know how he is with other people that aren't me.

He was always so nice to my parents growing up, but there wasn't a connection or a foundation between us.

I was the pesky baby sister that annoyed everyone and left her toys all over the floor. He told me that he still viewed me as Nick's little sister and that he was doing all of this to punish me. It was weird every time I thought about it.

The entire situation didn't make any sense. The blackmailing, the contract, the whole ordeal didn't sit well with me. I mean, Dean clearly hated me. He reprimanded me more than he actually spoke with me.

He was always cursing and swearing too. And all the nose flaring. What was up his ass? Yet, he went all out by forcing me to be his fake girlfriend. All to impress his business clients and potential investors.

I guess he loves his money. I mean, that's the only conclusion that made sense. He wanted his branches to work and his business to succeed, so why not kill two birds with one stone.

'When I text you, I expect a text back.'

I rolled my eyes as I texted him back. 'Yes, Sir.'

'Good girl.'

Came his quick reply, and I hated how much I loved hearing those two stupid words; even over text, they were just as alluring.

It's not like I needed to be praised, but the thought of someone telling me how good I was doing lit up my confidence.

I liked being acknowledged, and it made me wonder if I'd feel as giddy if any other man told me those words. Did he say them to remind me that he saw me as a girl, or did he know I liked to hear them?

With Dean, a thousand-piece puzzle was easier to handle. Dean was locked up tightly, like some steel safe that you had to put in a million codes just to see a sliver of him.

If he wasn't angry, then he was annoyed, and I hated that those were the only two emotions he expressed around me. I didn't even know what I wanted from him. It's not like I still liked him.

The crush I had evaporated over the time I spent traveling and being away from him, yet there was something that drew me to him. It was a little spark. A tiny but charged spark.

If I closed my eyes, I could feel it. I could feel the touch of his fingers as they wrapped around my wrist. I let out a small whimper as I imagined his fingers on my skin. They'd start on my neck and trail down my body.

I cupped my breast underneath my shirt and played with my nipple while imagining Dean's fingers on them. I kneaded my breast aggressively because I had a feeling that's how Dean would touch me.

Erratically.

Furiously.

I let my fingers tease the flesh above my mound, then eased them down, down my shorts. I pushed two fingers in, my legs spreading wider on the bed, as I rode my fingers.

Even though I was pleasuring myself, I couldn't stop imagining his face. Golden-green eyes appeared in front of me, and I moaned loudly. 

"Dean," I gasped.

Rub your clit for me, baby. That's it, such a good girl.

You're such a good girl, Evelyn. Just like that. You gonna cum for me, baby?

I rubbed my clit, listening to his voice because I wanted to be a good girl for him. Thinking about pleasing him, about obeying his command, about him praising me was my last string. I cried out in pleasure as I came all over my fingers.

I could feel my thighs shaking from the impact of my orgasm, and I kept my eyes closed as I came down from my Dean high. I groaned, realizing that maybe I didn't like him, but hell, I was attracted to him.

Shit, this wasn't going to end well.

True to his word, there was a knock on the door at eight. Fortunately, I was already dressed and ready for him. I didn't need another lecture on punctuality. Since it was a charity event, I wanted to dress classy and not too flashy.

It needed to be the right amount of sophistication. I didn't own that many brand-named items in my closet, but I did pull out whatever I had for this event. I wanted to look good, not just for Dean, but for the event and who would be there.

They knew who Dean was, and if I were to show up looking badly, our fake relationship wouldn't sell. I didn't want to disappoint Dean by not putting in the effort.

Stop caring so much.

He doesn't care about you.

He's an asshole, Evelyn.

I even went to the nail salon and redid my broken acrylics. I usually went with stiletto-shaped nails, but since tonight's event was classy, I changed it up. So, this time I got oval-shaped, plum purple matte nails done.

I chose an off-the-shoulder mauve-colored satin trumpet gown with a ruching part at the hips that clung to my hourglass figure. The neckline was stunning and decent as it didn't show too much of my chest.

The back was my favorite part of the entire dress. Even though there was a zipper, one that Anna thankfully was here to help me with, there was a criss-cross motion that sensually exposed my skin.

I blow-dried my hair and didn't want my curly hair to embarrass him, so I flat ironed them and then loosely curled them before running a brush through them to make them seem more natural.

Anna helped with my makeup, and we went with a smoky brown eye, no liner, fake lashes, and a bunch of other powders.

I topped it with a bold, satin red lip and a pair of nude heels. I tossed my coat over my arm, grabbed my purse, and opened the door.

His back was to me, and I saw that he was speaking on the phone with someone. Once he heard the door opening, I saw him turn around and look at me. He hung up and put his phone in his pocket as he stared at me.

My eyes landed on his hands that he had now shoved in his pocket, and I was thankful I had makeup on. I felt my cheeks go warm as I remembered that I got off thinking about his hands just earlier today.

I mentally shoved that to the side and moved my eyes up his face. Dean's face was carved out for heaven and sin.

The sharpness of his features, someone blended in the male ruggedness that was him. His thick lashes covered those coveted eyes, giving him that slight feminine touch.

I admired how amicable he looked in the navy-blue suit he was wearing. His white shirt peeked out from behind the dark blue tie. When he came to the police station, he wasn't wearing a tie, but seeing him now with one.

I have to admit; he looked so much better with one. I mean, Dean's handsome. He knew this. I knew this. Who didn't know this?

But looking at him right now, as he stared at me, I suddenly wanted him to look at me like how I was looking at him.

He was all cleaned and polished up, and before I could say hi, he looked down at his watch, and his lips turned downward.

"Let's go before we're late."

He turned around and began walking away toward the parking lot. My shoulders slumped, and I hated how upset I was that he didn't compliment me. It's not like he had to. It's not like he needed to, but it would have been nice to hear it.

I know I wasn't his girlfriend. I was his fake girlfriend that he was using to make money. I closed the front door and locked it with my key before placing it in my purse.

I followed him out and saw that he was already inside his car waiting. He didn't even have the decency to wait and open my car door for me.

Asshole.

I opened it, slid inside it, and ignored the urge to slam his car door. As soon as I closed my door gently, he drove out of the complex and onto the streets.

"When we get there try not to embarrass me." He started his lecture. "You only job is to play the part of a devoted girlfriend there to support her boyfriend." His voice was a mix of condescending and livid.

"Don't curse. Don't be disrespectful. Don't talk down to me. People know me so don't do anything stupid."

Why was he so mean? I was punctual. I obeyed his stupid orders, yet he seemed so fucking mad. He hasn't even looked at me once since we got in the car. He just gave me his stupid commands, and I had no fucking choice but to obey them. I didn't respond.

I didn't know what I was supposed to say to his degrading and offensive choice of words. I wasn't stupid enough to be disrespectful towards him in front of his colleagues.

It wasn't rocket science on how to play the role nor did I need someone telling me to not curse or be rude. I couldn't talk back or tell him to shove a stick up his tight ass because I had no other choice.

This was my life for the next three months. I had to suck it up and play along.

"I'm speaking to you, Evelyn. Find your voice and answer me, so I know you heard me." He snapped, and I moved my attention away from the dashboard to meet his eyes.

How can someone so beautiful be so cruel?

"Okay. Yes, I heard you."

"Finish the sentence."

I gulped, suddenly feeling my throat go dry. "Yes, I heard you, Sir."

I waited for his praise, but it never came. I don't know what was worse, waiting for it or expecting it. I wasn't supposed to be into Dean. Dean was the enemy here. Dean was the one blackmailing me.

Dean treated me poorly, yet I wasn't Evelyn here. I was little Evelyn, and little Evelyn had a crush on Dean Jameson and would do anything for his attention and approval.

I felt foolish and pathetic, and I wished someone would slap me to sober me up or, better yet, dunk me in the Antarctic ocean. That'd sober me up real quick.

AUTHORS NOTE: I mean Dean is being a dick, but you have to admit it makes him even hotter... 🔥🔥

Evelyn is a sweetheart and I love her obviously. ❤️

Will be double posting today!😌😌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

709 13 19
As the night unfolds with a blur of neon lights and pulsating music, they are drawn together by a force stronger than the bass vibrating through the...
421K 17K 68
"It's always been you, Phoenix. You are the one who makes me the happiest. Just being in the same room as you gives me god damn butterflies. Hearing...
430K 30.9K 69
"I'm a terrible dancer," I whisper. "And I guess the cowboy is much better than the city girl." My sarcasm is purely intended, and when he smiles hea...
124K 3.2K 78
My lips part slightly, as I watch her move her body to the rhythm. She runs her hands through her hair as she moves her body sensually slow with her...