Forgotten to Remember (Atem/Y...

By _Weeb_Writer_

You were a simple reporter for duelists of Heartland City with this constant weird dream throughout all your... More

Chapter 1: Hello, My Lady
Chapter 2: Blending In
Chapter 3: Reunion, Dreams, and Friends
Chapter 4: Going Down Swinging
Chapter 5: We Meet Again
Chapter 6: Stranger Danger!
Chapter 7: All's Well That Ends Well?
Chapter 8: Shoot Your Shot
Chapter 9: Wishful Thinking
Chapter 10: Evil Spirit, Be Gone!
Chapter 11: Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire
Chapter 12: The Lucky
Chapter 13: The Unlucky
Chapter 14: The Aftermath
Chapter 15: Noah's World
Chapter 16: Escape Plan
Chapter 17: Mission Impossible
Chapter 18: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 19: Risking It All (Pt. 1)
Chapter 20: Risking It All (Pt. 2)
Chapter 21: Risking It All (Pt. 3)
Chapter 22: Without You
Chapter 23: Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream
Chapter 24: Back to the Future
Chapter 25: Normal Lives
Chapter 26: Knights & The Night
Chapter 27: Cinderella & The Beast
Chapter 28: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 1)
Chapter 29: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 2)
Chapter 30: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 3)
Chapter 31: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 4)
Chapter 32: Save Your Tears
Chapter 33: We Need You
Chapter 34: Hope
Chapter 35: Here One Moment, Gone The Next
Chapter 36: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 1)
Chapter 37: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 2)
Chapter 38: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 3)
Chapter 39: Phantom of the Opera
Chapter 40: A Nightmare
Chapter 41: Shatter
Chapter 43: Knight's Unite
Chapter 44: The Staff of Light
Chapter 45: Rise of the Great Leviathan
Chapter 46: Goodbye, My Lady & Pharaoh
Chapter 47: Together
Chapter 48: Roomies
Chapter 49: Girl Talk
Chapter 50: Friends Assemble
Chapter 51: Get Ready
Chapter 52: The Promised Date
Chapter 53: Special Night
Chapter 54: Wonderful Morning
Chapter 55: The Bad Traveler & The Powerful Traveler
Chapter 56: The 2nd & 3rd Traveler
Chapter 57: The 4th Traveler
Chapter 58: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 1)
Chapter 59: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 2)
Chapter 60: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 3)
Chapter 61: Help me, Help You
Chapter 62: Papa
Chapter 63: Boom! Plan!
Chapter 64: I'm Still Standing
Chapter 65: Eye for an Eye
Chapter 66: Let's Get Down to Business
Chapter 67: My Little Star
Chapter 68: The Sand Woman
Chapter 69: Don't Give Up!!
Chapter 70: To Dream Is To Die
Chapter 71: Timeless
Chapter 72: The Beginning Of The End

Chapter 42: The 4th Legendary Knight - Maiden Jane

369 22 2
By _Weeb_Writer_

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"I don't know who you are talking to but they must not be important. Considering I cannot see them so they must be someone that doesn't deserve to be seen by even great individuals." Dartz shrugs with a sigh. Jane ignored Dartz and her body glowed gold then her entire self went into Yami's duel deck. Ready and waiting for when he will use her in this duel. Tea growls under her breath "She is someone who you should be fearing! She and her friends will make sure you wish you never said those words!!" Tea threatens Dartz. He was unphased by her threat, giving a simple wave at the girl. "Whatever. Let's continue our duel." He wanted to move on and take the pharaoh's soul. Wanting to hurry up this duel to make his paradise already. "I Draw!!" Yami shouts as he draws his next card. "First I will play my spell card: Pot of Greed. As you know this card lets me draw 2 more cards!" Yami drew 2 more cards from his deck and placed them in his hand. "Next I summon my Obnoxious Celtic Guardian to the field." Obnoxious Celtic Guardian was played in defense mode. He had 1200 defense points. 'I will have to wait until I draw the card Pegasus gave me just like in Jane's memories. I know how this will turn out but ever since he brought the fake (Y/n) here to mess with our heads, I can't help but be off my game. My mind is better now thanks to Jane clearing my dark thoughts and my beloved (Y/n) showing herself to me. Making me stand back up just like she did. I don't want to let the world or my beloved (Y/n) down. Jane is especially counting on me as I am counting on her to aid me in this duel. Things are going to be different future outcomes now than the one in Jane's memories. Now that Jane wants me to put her into play. I have to play it safe as in Jane's memories for right now and prepare for Jane's arrival.' Yami tried to calm his jitters and prepare his mind and himself for these next outcomes. "I play one face down and end my turn." He knew what was going to happen next. Just like Jane's memories, Dartz gained 20,000 life points once his turn came after Yami finished his. Giving Dartz's Dexia the chance to activate its special ability. Since Yami summoned his Obnoxious Celtic Guardian, Orichalcos Dexia gains 300 more attack points thanks to its special ability activating. Having Orichalcos Dexia now with over 1500 attack points.

Dartz drew his new card to begin his turn "It's over pharaoh. Your life points are wide open and you are out of moves. I am the winner of this duel." He held his hand out towards Yami "Now go! Orichalcos Dexia! Destroy his Obnoxious Celtic Guardian!" Dartz commanded his monster to aim their arms blast at Yami's monster. "Not so fast!" Yami held his hand out and his face down rose up "I reveal my face down – My trap card Soul Shield! By giving up half my life points, my trap activates. Blocking your attack and keeping my Obnoxious Celtic Guardian is safe from harm!" Yami announces as the blast hits a clear shield that was in front of Obnoxious Celtic Guardian. Yami's life points plummet from 4300 to 2150. Tristan and Tea shield their eyes from the blasting winds from the shield taking the hit from Orichalcos Dexia's attack. "No matter. It is only a matter of time before I finish you off." Dartz mutters "I end my turn." He announces his turn ending.

"Why don't you fight a real opponent and fight me instead, Dartz." Rafael activated his duel disk. "What are you doing Rafael!?" Yami exclaimed as he saw Rafael challenging Dartz to duel. 'You are losing your life points. Lady (Y/n) needs you and the world. If I take over the duel your soul will be spared and you will have time to retreat with Lady (Y/n), wherever she is, and create a better plan. This plan is failing. Best for you and your friends to retreat for now. Let this be my thank you for opening my soul to the light from the darkness Dartz infested me with.' Rafael thought to himself as he waited for Dartz's response. He wanted to stall for time. Anything to keep the pharaoh from risking his soul anymore. Dartz turns his attention from the pharaoh to Rafael "Your purpose is no longer needed. I used all I could from you. You are of no use to me. You have fulfilled what I needed." Dartz waves his hand for Rafael to shoo. To go away. Rafael blinks, confused from what he said. "What do you mean I fulfilled what you needed? You are making it sound like the souls I foolishly collected for you were not the only thing I provided. What did I do that you needed?" Rafael questioned Dartz who was getting annoyed from Rafael's interruption to his duel with Yami.

"You are an idiot." Dartz narrows his eyes at Rafael "I used you to restore the Great Leviathans power. I couldn't do it alone. I needed pawns with enough hatred and anger in their hearts to revive the great beast's power. Who also could tap into the full power of the Seal of Orichalcos. It is when I came up with the great idea of creating my pawns: I set up your lives to be a living hell." Rafael and everyone gasp. Rafael stepped back thinking of the fateful night of the ship and his siblings. The fateful night of the major storm that swallowed the ship that left him as the only sole survivor. Taking his family and all his siblings down the ship. His face went pale "You . . . You killed my family . . . It was all your fault . . ." Rafael slowly came to the horrifying realization. Everything was set up. His entire life was manipulated by Dartz. He took everything away from Rafael for power. "It had to be done. It made using you much easier and fed enough power to the Great Leviathan with your help. This goes for Alister and Valon. I set Valon up for the fall to be in jail for me to use him. I faked Kaiba's father being the one who killed Alisters family, it was me. All of that was for the great beast. I put too much of my own time, planning, and life to the beast." Dartz shrugs "It worked out in the end for me. I am just one step closer to reviving the beast. After this duel is over, the pharaoh soul will be mine and the beast will finally awaken." He sounded almost pleased with himself for all the terrible things he just admitted he had done. Taking lives of many innocent and ruining lives of innocents to satisfy the Great Leviathan. "YOU TOOK THE LIVES OF INNOCENT PEOPLE!! YOU RUINED THEIR LIVES!! HOW CAN YOU SAY SUCH A THING WITH PRIDE?!" Yami yelled at Dartz who whipped his head back to Yami "Their sacrifices were needed to fix this horrible world! They will be rewarded with them being able to rest under a more beautiful and actual peaceful world!!" Dartz snaps at Yami who was angry at Dartz even more for his unforgivable actions.

"YOU BASTARD!!!!" Rafael screamed out with tears streaming down his face. The Seal of Orichalcos mark appeared on Rafael's forehead. "What?! But the pharaoh got rid of that mark on his head!" Tristan shouts out in shock. Matching the shocked expression across his face. "Just because the pharaoh set his soul free doesn't mean the Seal itself left him. It is deeply embedded into his mind." Dartz casually explained while meeting the burning eyes of Rafael. He was not phased by his anger or his emotions. Dartz didn't feel anything or saw anything he had done was wrong. Believing entirely that whatever violent actions he had done was for the greater good of the new world he was born to create. Tea pounded her fist against the seal "RAFAEL!!! YOU HAVE TO CALM DOWN OR YOUR SOUL WILL BE TAKEN!! RAFAEL?! CAN YOU HEAR ME!? RAFAEL!!!" Tea screamed out to Rafael. The man was struggling. Guardian Eatos came to try to make Rafael break free from the seal. Her efforts were of no use – it ultimately consumed his soul from his fit of rage. Sending his soul over to be now beside Kaiba's soul tablet against the wall of the souls Dartz has collected for the Great Leviathan.

Dartz looked at his cards "Such a loss. He made a great pawn." He frowns a little. Tea glares at Dartz "You're sick." She said with so much disgust behind her tone. She was wiping tears she let out when Rafael's soul was taken. She didn't know him well yet just seeing soul after soul get taken. People she cared about were getting constantly hurt from this psycho. Her emotions were all over the place. Wanting dearly for Dartz's awful reign of evil to end. Dartz glanced at Tea "The only thing sick here is my patience." Dartz drew his eyes over to Yami. "Hurry up and play your next move, Pharaoh. I have a world to destroy and Lady (Y/n) is waiting for me." Dartz sighs.

"My wife will be leaving with me and so will all the souls that you have taken, Dartz!" Yami snapped at Dartz.

Dartz rolled his eyes "I don't see a ring on her finger or your name on Lady (Y/n). She doesn't belong to you. She is very obviously made for someone with great vision such as I." He placed a hand over his heart. Feeling full of himself in a sick twisted way.

Yami glared at him "After I finish you off – I will put a ring on her finger." Yami drew his card "My move!!" He shouts when he draws his new card.

Yami looked down at his card and it was indeed the card Pegasus made him find when they went to his headquarters in order to find it. They were also there for his help buuuut Seal of Orichalcos possessed Mai got to him first. Taking his soul and all. A whole other fiasco. "It is over for you Dartz for I hold the card of your demise!" He held out the card in front of him "LEGEND OF HEART!!!" Yami screams out as he places it on his duel disk. "In order for me to play this card I sacrifice my Obnoxious Celtic Guardian from the field and 1,000 of my life points!" Yami's life points went down to being 2,150 to now being 1,150 life points. A wall of flames swoops across Yami's field, dying down to reveal Kaiba's Fang of Critias Dragon and Joey's Claw of Hermos Dragon as well as Yami's Eye of Timaeus Dragon cards onto his field. "This card lets me automatically summon all 3 Dragons to the field and reveal their true forms!!" Dartz clenched his cards in his hand. Seeing The 3 dragons become their knight forms after coming down from dark clouds to be standing proudly on Yami's playing field.

Legendary Knight Critias, Legendary Knight Hermos, and Legendary Knight Timaeus. All in their signature armor colors of their dragon forms. Except Legendary Knight Critias who had blue armor instead of black. Dartz was nervous but then he smirks "You 3 fell because of me before. I can easily defeat you 3 again. You don't even have your 4th Knight to help you escape your fate of dying by my hands this time!" He taunted the 3 knights who held their swords tightly within their grasp. They swung their swords and shattered both seals of orichalcos that Dartz had in the duel. Making his Orichalcos Shunoros powerful monster that once had 15,700 ATK points drop down to 15,200 ATK points. Both Orichalcos Dexia and Aristeros's attack points drop down all the way to 0. "My Seal! M-My Monsters!" Dartz watched his seal shatter and monsters take heavy effect because of it. "This isn't over pharaoh! I am still in the duel even with this set back!" He snaps at Yami. "You are right on one thing for once. This duel isn't over! I am not even close to being done with my turn!" He held out his hand that manifested a glowing golden card that shined brightly. "You have been so fixated on my wifes return that you have forgotten the other courageous person who fought beside her to seal the likes of you away." Dartz was confused for a second before his eyes widened as he came to realize what Yami meant behind his words. Dartz shakes his head "Then the person you have been talking to . . . The one I couldn't see . . . It couldn't be! That card should be only of use to Lady (Y/n)! Not for the likes of you!" Dartz shouts, he gritted his teeth. Yami shook his head side to side "WRONG!!" The card he held out was glowing gold. Too bright to show the cards design. "This brave knight was always different from her fellow comrades. She commands her own destiny that she alone chooses to see fit! She has for 13,000 years! She is older and stronger than all the knights! She chose me to help aid her to defeat you just like she helped aid my wife to seal you away!" He pointed to Dartz which made him flinch "NOW RISE ON UP TO THE FIGHT!! THE LEADER OF THE LEGENDARY KNIGHTS!!! THE GOLDEN KNIGHT – MAIDEN JANE!!!" Dartz held his chest. The sharp pain across his chest where his scar was. The very scar he received from the very Knight Yami summoned. The card showed a golden armored knight whose face was hidden under their helmet.

The 3 Legendary Knights stare up at the dark clouds that formed over the duel. Striking down a golden lightning bolt in front of the Knights with jasmine flower petals emerging in the air from where the lightning struck. Revealing Jane in her golden armor. The only knight without a cape. Her attack points were 3,800 while the other knights had 2,800 Attack points. "3,800 attack points?! That's more attack points than Seto's Blue-Eyes White Dragon!" Mokuba exclaimed as he saw how powerful she really was. She was supposed to be the strongest amongst the Legendary Knights as Yami stated earlier. "He's done for now!" Tristan high-fived Tea with joy. Knowing Dartz won't win after Yami's turn. Jane lifted up her visor of her knight helmet. Turning around to face the 3 Knights. Jane was feeling very overwhelmed seeing her fellow knights again after so many years. She wanted to be emotional and cry. Many emotions were rising in Jane's chest that made her chest armor start to feel like it was suffocating her. Jane took a deep breath to calm herself down before she spoke up "I . . . I know you 3 have heard of my mistakes . . . Of what I have done . . . I have failed you all as the leader of our squad . . . You do not have to forgive me . . . I only ask that . . ." Jane held her sword out to them "Let me lead you to actual victory this time. To repay my failures I have done to you all." Jane held her sword tightly in her hand that was shaking a bit. The knights were staring at her without saying a single word. This was going on for a very long and intense minute. All 3 of them had serious looks across their faces.

Tea clasps her hands together from being super anxious for Jane. Seeing how nervous she was to be facing her friends after all these long agonizing years. Praying for things to work out between the 4 of them. Mokuba and Tristan flinched when they saw the 3 knights raise their swords and swung it towards Jane fast. Jane shut her eyes as she braced for impact of their swords. Hearing a clashing sound, though, she felt no pain. Making Jane open her eyes and see her fellow knights smiling at her. Their swords stacked on top of hers. Yami saw the disbelief and utter shock across Jane's face. Her eyes desperately trying to hold back tears. Watching them draw back their swords while Jane hesitantly drew hers back slowly. Knight Critias walked up to Jane and patted her head, similar to how Kaiba patted your head back in Kaiba Island, he looked down at her. "We never held any blame towards you for our fall in battle Maiden Jane." Knight Critias told Jane. Knight Hermos grins "You may have thought you failed us from not being able to defeat Dartz, those two battles you had to do on your own, each battle you gathered people to help. Great and powerful. Both of those battles brought us to this one. Where we are at our most powerful to guarantee a swift victory. With great foes by our side to finally end this fight." Knight Hermos assured her as he turned towards Yami. Glancing at Yami then at the unconscious Kaiba with the same grin on his face. 'You would have really made a fine knight, Joey.' Yami thought to himself as he looked at Knight Hermos's smile. Reminding him of Joey's own goofy smile. A face he missed seeing. Knight Timaeus went up to Jane. Jane saw the scar he had now on his eye. A scar he got from trying to give her and Hermos a chance to send Dartz away but ultimately failed. "You made mistakes without us. You have been atoning for those mistakes for a very long time. We could feel it, all of us." He placed a hand over his heart "You are still trying to atone and I can speak for all of us that we wish to help aid some of the weight on your shoulders. We are your fellow knights and we want to help you. For now, let us rejoice and finish this scoundrel once and for all. Together." Knight Timaeus said while Knight Critias and Knight Hermos stood in front of Maiden Jane. Ready to take her orders, well, mostly follow her to follow Yami's orders. Since this was still a duel.

Jane's lips pursed into a smile, putting her visor of her helmet over her eyes. Holding up her sword "Together." She agreed with Knight Timaeus. Making the knights give a sync firm nod to her. Jane turned around to face Dartz with the knights standing behind her. "How's that scar holding up Dartz?" Jane sneered at Dartz. Dartz clenched his robes chest. Clicking his tongue, annoyed. "That's what you asked me 5,000 years ago with Lady (Y/n). Do tell me how that last battle ended Maiden Jane." He hissed. Dartz could feel her glare through the forsaken helmet. He knew he struck a nerve just like how Jane knew she struck a nerve with Dartz. "He was able to summon you without sacrificing. I assume a special ability." Dartz scoffed. Looming his eyes over to Yami "Correct. One of them I used: Knights Call. This ability allows me to summon her automatically to the field without sacrificing. Only if her fellow knights are on my field. Whether in my hand or in my deck she will come to her fellow knights aid no matter what! There are more to even come!" Dartz gasps softly "Are you interpreting that she has more than one?!" Yami smirks and nods "Maiden Jane has terrifying abilities you should beware of." He hissed. Dartz stumbled a bit back as he was now feeling anxious. "Now go Timaeus! Attack his Orichalcos Aristeros!" Yami commanded and Knight Timaeus nods. Knight Timaeus leaped up high in the air and he slashed his sword across Orichalcos Aristeros which deducted its attack points from 15,200 to 12,100. It had gained those points only to lose some when Yami attacked. Although Yami's life points went from 1,150 to 850.

(A/n: Going to be honest. I was losing my mind with this scene from the math. Maybe I cannot see it but the math here doesn't really make sense here. I am just gonna go with the flow and wing it. Unless someone can explain how this duel was calculated - I would very much appreciate it >w< cuz I got lost here. For the sake of the story, I am gonna make it as bad ass as I can.)

"I have 3 knights still left to attack! No go Critias and Hermos!" He sent Knight Hermos and Knight Critias to team up on leaving their mark on Aristeros. Leaving it with 5,900 attack points. Yami's life points went down again to 250. They were drastically low. Lower than Dartz's. Jane looked over her armor's shoulder to Yami, giving him a firm nod. Facing forward after giving Yami the clear. "It is now your turn Maiden Jane! Give his monster a piece of its mind! Attack!" Yami shouts. Jane gripped her sword and she sprinted into action. She was quick and fast, too fast for the human eye to see. She was one moment in her post beside her fellow knights and now she was in front of Aristeros. "Wait! If Yugi attacks Dartz's Orichalcos Aristeros he will lose the rest of his life points!" Mokuba was now fearing this attack of Jane's. He was excited a moment before but this thought dawned on him when she got close to Aristeros. Jane swung her sword across Aristeros and jumped back to being by her fellow knight's side. She caused Aristeros attack points to have its attack points be 4,000 (A/n: I know it doesn't make sense but this entire scene's math didn't make sense so roll with it lol.). However, Yami's life points did not fall to 0 from her attack. Instead Dartz's own life points went down from 20,000 to 19,000 life points. About 1,000 life points were damaged. "Whoa. Dartz managed to lose life points!" Mokuba cheered, jumping up and down from happiness. Glad that Yami did some damage to Dartz. Not a lot but it was a start.

Dartz growled and glared at Yami "How are you still standing?! Your life points should have been wiped out after your own reckless attack!" He screeched in annoyance and anger for Yami still being in the duel. "I take no damage on that last move thanks to Maiden Jane's 2nd special ability: Pathways. If my life points are lower than 1,000, I can send any damage that threatens my life points to yours. Choosing a different path that won't end me but send me to victory. However, this ability only works when it is only my turn and when she is attacking." Yami explained how the heck he survived the last attack. Yami knew Jane had one more special ability. He didn't want to let Dartz know that though. All these abilities were intertwined with her fellow knights, hence why she had 3 special abilities. The 3rd one is even more powerful but a real big risk if he played it. "I end my turn." Yami looked over to Jane who received a pat on the back from Timaeus for her contribution. Dartz drew his next card as it was now his turn. "You cannot hide behind Maiden Jane's abilities forever! My monster is still higher than yours! Go Orichalcos Shunoros! Attack Knight Critias! Photon Ring Blast!!" He had to attack Knight Critias since he was the first of the knights Yami summoned. Dartz's monster was ready to swerve a green glowing ring at Knight Critias just like he had with Kaiba.

Jane and Yami turn to Critias "Critias! Defend!" They shout in unison. Jane ordered out of very old habits while Yami was a little surprised from Jane's shout of the move he was going to make. Knight Critias hesitated from who to take orders from but he held up his sword that glowed blue in front of him. "Sorry, go on." Jane apologized for interrupting. Yami nods and cleared his throat. "Maiden Jane isn't the only one with special abilities! So does Knight Critias! Allowing Knight Critias to bring back one trap card! And I chose to bring back Mirror Force from my graveyard to be used in his sword to defend!!!" The ring sprung over to Knight Critias who held it back with his sword. He gritted his teeth as he was holding the attack off. "He remains standing while your monsters will not because he can send this attack right back at them!!!" Yami called out what his special ability will do. Dartz stumbled a bit back in distraught "No!" He cried out. "Have a little taste of your attack!!" Knight Critias cried out as he finally shot back the attack straight at Dartz's Seal of Shunoros. Making its attack points, includings Orichalcos Dexia and Aristeros's attack, drop all the way to 0. Dartz's life points went down from 19,000 to 14,100 from the attack.

Dartz's monster's pottery-like armor was starting to shatter and soon it did. Crumbling into pieces from that last attack Knight Critias gave to defeat it. Only for a giant red and black wormhole to appear. Inside was a giant serpent that was looming over Dartz's field. Its glowing yellow eyes looked down upon Yami's side of the field. "You're knights aren't the only ones that have special abilities, pharaoh!" he maniacally laughs as he spreads his arms out. The snake hissed. Letting its large tongue flick in the air which made his friends on the sidelines gulp. "Okay this thing is much scarier than in Jane's memories." Tristan whispers to Tea who nodded in agreement to Tristan's opinion on this creature. "Say hello to my Divine Serpent Geh! It appears when my Orichalcos Shunoros is destroyed this powerful beast emerges in its place!" He had a wicked grin across his face when he looked back at Yami "Try to defeat a beast with infinite power!" The Divine Serpent Geh had infinity attack points. 'If Jane hadn't shown us her memories of this duel; I would have been overwhelmed by this creature's points. Thank you Jane for preparing us for this fight. I will try to end this duel as fast as I can for us to end him permanently from harming this world.' Yami thought to himself with his eyes narrowing over at the serpent monster that showed its sharp fangs to intimidate them.

"Of course there is a price to pay. I must get rid of all the cards in my hand as well as the rest of my life points. Under normal dueling circumstances I would be out of this duel but it is different for my rules. I am still in the game, though, you won't be. You only need to defeat my monster! If you can, that is!" He started to laugh all cocky like. Feeling so confident he won. Yami looked over to Timaeus, knowing Dartz was going to target him this turn to destroy and bring back. 'Forgive me Timaeus. If I didn't know your fate then I would feel terrible for you when you get struck down but thanks to Jane, I know you will be okay.' He pondered over the thought then he drew his card "It's my move Dartz!" Yami shouts which made Dartz roll his eyes "Nothing in your deck can save you from this demise. This duel and your soul are mine." He watched Yami draw his card. Yami looked down to see he drew Dark Magician Girl. 'Good. At least my drawing didn't change. I was a little worried there with this new change that I wouldn't be able to summon you.' He looked up to Dartz and he placed her card face down on his field. "I play a face down and end my turn." He ended his turn. Dartz smirks when Yami doesn't play any special card. Letting him know victory was his.

Dartz drew 10 cards from his deck "I will discard 10 cards in order to destroy one of your pathetic knights." Dartz looked over to the Legendary Knights "Who to choose to destroy to allow me to take your soul hmmm . . . Ah! Why of course the woman who keeps constantly ruining my plans! Maiden Jane!" He points to Jane which shocked Yami and everyone else. Mokuba looked at Jane "If she gets destroyed can she even be in the graveyard?! She isn't allowed in the monster domain world. Does that mean she won't go to the games graveyard but instead she'll . . . She'll actually die?!" Mokuba made a horrible point. Horrible because it was a possibility. A deadly possibility that won't be known unless Jane gets destroyed. Yami gasps from Mokuba's statement. Darting his eyes over to Jane in panic "DIVINE SERPENT GO!! STRIKE DOWN THAT PATHETIC WOMAN OFF THE PHARAOHS FIELD!! AND BRING ME HIS SOUL!!!" Dartz ordered his attack. Jane put her sword up to prepare to take the hit from the attack. Jane faced forward without looking back at Yami "Tell my lady, I was glad to have been able to fight by her side. I was also glad I got to fight alongside you too, pharaoh . . . Farewell . . ." Jane said her farewell as the blast from the serpent's mouth that aimed straight for her. Everyone broke out in tears while watching in horror of the blast making its way to Jane. "JANE!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!" Yami screamed out to her. 'I love you, my lady . . .' She smiled underneath her helmet to her last thought. The blast was close to Jane when suddenly she saw red armor come in front of her "HERMOS?!" Jane cried out when she saw Knight Hermos ran in to take the hit instead of Jane "You tell Lady (Y/n) that yourself, Maiden Jane." Knight Hermos looked over his shoulder as he gave her a goofy grin before facing forward to scream out in pain from taking the hit. Shattering away from the playing field from being destroyed. Jane dropped her sword down to her side "HERMOOOS!!!!!" Her body trembled when she cried out his name. 'You protected me again . . . Just like that day . . . You damn fool . . . Why must you always have to get hurt because of me . . .' Jane clenched her armor gloved fist that trembled with her body. Under her armor she wept silently. Dust was surrounding Yami's playing field from the last blast from The Divine Serpent Geh that sent Knight Hermos to the graveyard.

"Oh did I remind you of that day Maiden Jane? Whoops. My bad." Dartz covered his mouth after being sarcastic. Seeing Jane getting worked up from Dartz's attack made him start to laugh again, only for a moment. "Your knight may have saved your friend but they didn't save your life points. It's over Pharaoh." He states to Yami which brought back the seal to try to collect Yami's soul. The seal was close to taking Yami until it disappeared. "Impossible!" Dartz yells. The dust cleared and showed a pissed off Yami behind it. "YOU KNEW HE WOULD SAVE HER AND MADE JANE HAVE TO SEE THAT AWFUL MEMORY AGAIN!! AND YOU ARE MAKING HER CRY FOR IT!!!" Yami screamed at Dartz, Dartz clenched his teeth. Yami glared back at Dartz who was glaring at Yami for surviving his fatal blow "I WON'T FORGIVE YOU FOR MAKING HER RELIVE YOUR EVIL!!!!" Yami was outraged at Dartz's actions. He only started to recall Jane's memories that were similar to the duel right when Knight Hermos stepped in. "She is safe at least." Mokuba put a hand over his racing heart. He was scared for Jane at that moment. He knew Jane would be having to leave them soon but he didn't want to see her be taken down like this. Tristan and Tea sigh in relief to see Jane still being on the field. Feeling a little guilty for Knight Hermos having to take the hit. This duel was feeling more intense than in Jane's memories.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 1.3K 16
{Complete!} It has been three months since the Ceremonial Duel, but to Yuugi it felt like years. The love of his life was gone from his life and all...
32 0 15
You know how they say that a mirror is like looking at another dimension or another plane that's parallel to ours? Well...what if you could actually...
45.6K 950 10
*Based on the official game* You just started playing the brand new game, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links. Then, you made a wish that you never thought would...
40.5K 1K 12
Your name is y/n, a school has taken interest in you. Sadly, you must say goodbye to your parents for the school is dormitory. When you arrive after...