Forgotten to Remember (Atem/Y...

By _Weeb_Writer_

You were a simple reporter for duelists of Heartland City with this constant weird dream throughout all your... More

Chapter 1: Hello, My Lady
Chapter 2: Blending In
Chapter 3: Reunion, Dreams, and Friends
Chapter 4: Going Down Swinging
Chapter 5: We Meet Again
Chapter 6: Stranger Danger!
Chapter 7: All's Well That Ends Well?
Chapter 8: Shoot Your Shot
Chapter 9: Wishful Thinking
Chapter 10: Evil Spirit, Be Gone!
Chapter 11: Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire
Chapter 12: The Lucky
Chapter 13: The Unlucky
Chapter 14: The Aftermath
Chapter 15: Noah's World
Chapter 16: Escape Plan
Chapter 17: Mission Impossible
Chapter 18: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 19: Risking It All (Pt. 1)
Chapter 20: Risking It All (Pt. 2)
Chapter 21: Risking It All (Pt. 3)
Chapter 22: Without You
Chapter 23: Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream
Chapter 24: Back to the Future
Chapter 25: Normal Lives
Chapter 26: Knights & The Night
Chapter 27: Cinderella & The Beast
Chapter 28: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 1)
Chapter 29: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 2)
Chapter 30: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 3)
Chapter 31: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 4)
Chapter 32: Save Your Tears
Chapter 33: We Need You
Chapter 34: Hope
Chapter 35: Here One Moment, Gone The Next
Chapter 36: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 1)
Chapter 37: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 2)
Chapter 38: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 3)
Chapter 39: Phantom of the Opera
Chapter 41: Shatter
Chapter 42: The 4th Legendary Knight - Maiden Jane
Chapter 43: Knight's Unite
Chapter 44: The Staff of Light
Chapter 45: Rise of the Great Leviathan
Chapter 46: Goodbye, My Lady & Pharaoh
Chapter 47: Together
Chapter 48: Roomies
Chapter 49: Girl Talk
Chapter 50: Friends Assemble
Chapter 51: Get Ready
Chapter 52: The Promised Date
Chapter 53: Special Night
Chapter 54: Wonderful Morning
Chapter 55: The Bad Traveler & The Powerful Traveler
Chapter 56: The 2nd & 3rd Traveler
Chapter 57: The 4th Traveler
Chapter 58: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 1)
Chapter 59: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 2)
Chapter 60: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 3)
Chapter 61: Help me, Help You
Chapter 62: Papa
Chapter 63: Boom! Plan!
Chapter 64: I'm Still Standing
Chapter 65: Eye for an Eye
Chapter 66: Let's Get Down to Business
Chapter 67: My Little Star
Chapter 68: The Sand Woman
Chapter 69: Don't Give Up!!
Chapter 70: To Dream Is To Die
Chapter 71: Timeless
Chapter 72: The Beginning Of The End

Chapter 40: A Nightmare

358 22 0
By _Weeb_Writer_

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Yami and the others ran into Dartz's lair. Leaving Mai and Joey's bodies back on the helicopter while they were going to finish this evil plot of Dartz's once and for all. Yami and Kaiba were leading this operation as they made their way inside. They stopped running once they came face to face with Dartz. He stood up from paying his respects to the little worshiping table he had for the Great Leviathan. "I have been expecting you, pharaoh." Dartz says when he turns around. Activating his creepy duel disk. Yami narrows his eyes at Dartz "Dartz." He sneered which made Dartz smile in amusement. Taking pleasure in making the pharaoh suffer. Brought him pure joy seeing the man who has cost him nothing but trouble for his plans of his world abomination plan. Yami turns to Rafael "Go find (Y/n)! We will handle Dartz!" He shouts to Rafael who nods and goes quickly on his search for you. Yami and Kaiba approach Dartz with their duel disk "You will return everyone's souls and (Y/n)! That's our deal!" Yami told him what he wanted at the end of the duel. Dartz activated his duel disk "And for the end of my deal, I will take your soul and keep (Y/n). Think it is only fair." He grins as he sees Yami clench his teeth. Getting irritated. Trying to hold down his anger for not only having taken you but also trying to keep you as his. Like some toy or pet for his disgusting pleasure.

"It's time to duel Dartz!" Yami shouts as he activates his duel disk in sync with Kaiba. "I am not with him. I just want my company back. A company that rightfully belongs to me!" Kaiba shouts to Dartz his end of the duels deal. Wanting his company back is why he was here in the first place. He didn't really care for anything else. Well, he will have a team go save you but he was going to do that behind his back once this was all over. Kaiba didn't believe in this poppycock about the world going to possibly end with Dartz's crazy fantasy of "Paradise" and that he was one of the people to help save the world from its eventual demise. The egotistical man barely even wants to believe he just came from a memory world that spouts out even more nonsense. Kaiba was just hoping the duel he witnessed in the memory was a lie and nothing he will draw will be just like that memory he saw of supposedly Jane's. Mostly to keep being in denial of it all. Not wanting to start becoming a believer of crazy magic shit now.

»»——♡——««

Rafael was going through every door in the lair while the duel was going on. He was going through dead ends. Every door of the place was leading him to empty rooms. You were not in any of the rooms. Rafael continues in pursuit to find you for the pharaoh.

After 15 minutes he could not find a single trace of you in this place. He searched high and low.

Coming with a fat load of nothing.

Rafael punched the wall "Dammit! Where the hell is she?!" He shouts out loud. He knew the pharaoh was going to be upset that he couldn't find you. Going back empty handed meant he failed. He didn't want to not go back without you. Rafael wanted to thank the pharaoh for setting his mind and soul free from Dartz with you as his thanks but he cannot do that if you were not here! There was no other choice. He was going to have to go back to the duel without you. Rafael felt defeated. Forcing himself to walk back to where the duel was taking place. He walks in and he sees that Kaiba and the pharaoh had cleaned Dartz's side of the field from his mirror soldiers that were the pharaoh's friends. Critias was on Kaiba's field that was fused with the trap card Mirror Force to be Mirror Force Dragon.

Dartz summoned a Orichalcos monster called Orichalcos Shunoros that had over 20,000 ATK points! Dartz activated its special ability of separating this creature's arms. Having the right arm be Orichalcos Dexia and the left arm Orichalcos Aristeros. Making Dartz have 3 monsters on his field. "My Dexia is the perfect sword. Always having 300 points higher than any opponent's monster's attack strength! My Aristeros is the perfect shield! Taking 300 points of damage to retaliate it back to you!" He announces his monster's deadly effects that were a threat. Yami and Kaiba were able to handle Dartz's attacks so far. They knew this move was coming soon and were prepared for its attacks. 'So far everything Jane's memories of this duel has come true . . . and if I remember correctly . . . After Dartz's next turn . . . After his next attack . . . I am out of the game . . .' Kaiba thought as he looked at the card he knew he was going to have to use in order to keep Yami in the game to end this creep. He turned to look over his shoulder to Mokuba. Mokuba was already looking at Kaiba with a sad smile as he knew his older brother was going to lose his soul after this. Even though he knew it was going to happen, it still was going to hurt having to see his brother go through with this. Mokuba was a believer in this supernatural element being at play with everyone unlike Kaiba. Being the only Kaiba brother who truly had common sense. The brother who was going to have to deal with the aftermath of Kaiba being out of commission once he loses the duel.

"Speaking of swords and shields." Dartz places the cards in his hand with his arm and hand that had his duel disk. Extending his free arm to the side "You can come on out now Lady (Y/n)!" He called out which made Rafael stop in his tracks when he was making his way back to the group that were on the sidelines. Immediately whipping his eyes over to you who came from a completely different area. An area he could have sworn didn't exist from his last visit. He would have checked there otherwise. You were nowhere to be found earlier which made Rafael skeptical of you when you walked into the room. He was also confused. "(Y/n)!" Mokuba exclaims in pure joy seeing you were alright. Tristan and Tea were glad to see you but Jane found something off. She first noticed your attire, a new dress. Along with the expression across your face, it was cold. Jane had this odd feeling in her chest about this. She couldn't tell what it was. 'Well this wasn't part of Jane's memory. I may have time to be spared.' Kaiba thought as he watched you walk towards them. The Seal of Orichalcos mark appeared on your forehead before you stepped into the circle to walk over to be beside Dartz's side. Jane gasps "No! That's impossible!!" she shouted as she looked at you horrified. 'Our souls are in a bind. I would have felt it if she was under his influence . . . Unless . . . Our souls were too weak and her own part of her soul was taken over . . . It's my fault yet again . . . It's my fault she is controlled on Dartz's side . . . I am so sorry, my lady . . . I have failed you again . . .' Jane clenched her balled up fist as she stared at you. Blaming herself for you being in this state.

Mokuba shakes his head slowly side to side "She can't be on his side . . . No . . ." Mokuba was too speechless and shocked just as everyone else in the group was. Yami was looking at you. His entire face went pale. His own hands were starting to slightly shake. 'My beloved (Y/n) . . . You . . . You wouldn't . . . How . . . Wha . . . No . . . Oh gods . . .' his mind was going blank while his heart was starting to rise in beats. Yami was starting to panic. He was too stunned to even find any words to say at this moment. Tea glanced at the pharaoh. Seeing how frozen he became once he saw you with the seal on your head. Yami was losing his focus and his confidence with every passing second he was seeing you like this. Tea clenched her teeth and glared over at Dartz. Tea was beyond angry at Dartz for making you under this Seal of Orichalcos but also for making her friend in such a state. A state she has never seen Yami in before in any of his duels she has ever witnessed. "What have you done to her?!" Tea demanded an answer from Dartz for what he has done to you. She only has seen you like this for barely a minute and she was already hating seeing you like this. Dartz smiles "I just showed her the truth. The truth of her true deepest thoughts of this wretched world and her place in it. Along with her place with you all." Dartz chuckles when he turns to you.

Kaiba scoffs and crosses his arms while looking over at Dartz "I call bullshit." He turned his attention to you "(Y/n), you can drop the act now. We are gonna get off this damn island and get you home with your little loser friend group." Kaiba pointed with his thumb to your friends behind him. Not breaking eye contact with you when he did that. "Hurry your ass up and get behind us. We are just about to finish this bastard off so we can all go home. With you." Kaiba beckoned you to go with everyone else. Wanting to finish this Dartz guy off to pay for taking his company from under him. Also making him waste his time on this wild goose chase for his ass to get his company back. Kaiba blinks when you don't move a single inch. Let alone talk back to him. "(Y/n). Drop the act." Kaiba set his hand to his side while trying to talk sense into you. You tilt your head to the side "Why should I listen to the man who can barely keep his brother safe? The brother I always have to end up saving because you fail to protect him. You fail to see the truth of just how weak and pathetic you both are. I bet your father wouldn't have gotten his company taken over this many times like you have Kaiba." Kaiba and Mokuba both flinch from your cold tone towards them but also your words stung. Kaiba refrained himself from showing it but Mokuba on the other hand didn't. Mokuba was in utter disbelief that those words came out of your mouth. Tristan had a hand on Mokuba's head. Mokuba turned his head away to not look at you anymore. Try not to hear you anymore.

Tea silently gasps "(Y/n)! Stop it! That seal or whatever he has done to you is making you talk like this! Snap out of it!" Tea cries you. She jumped when you glared over to her. Your cold and deadly stare at her made her feel like a little mouse who was going to be slaughtered by a ferocious cat. Her entire body's blood ran cold and frozen. This gaze you had in your eyes reminded her of the one you gave to Yami Marik when he took Mai's soul. Only more horrific. "The seal has nothing to do with this. I just opened my eyes to the crap you all put me through. Like you, Tea." You narrow your eyes "You always wanted me out of the way. You never cared I was gone. You must have been overjoyed to have Yami aaaall to yourself while I was not here. After all, I was the woman who stole your crush away. You were glad I was out of the picture! Admit it!" Tea shakes her head to you with tears brimming at the end of her eyes "ADMIT IT TEA!! YOU WANTED ME GONE FROM THE VERY BEGINNING!!" Tea held her head while she was shaking her head 'no'. Tea was crying. You drly laugh "ADMIT IT TEA!! ADMIT IT!!!! ADMIT IT!!!! ADMIT IT!!!!" You screamed at her. Tea walked back into the temple wall. She was crying with her eyes shut to not see your cold eyes. "I didn't want you gone . . ." Tea whimpered as she bumped her back to the wall and dragged herself down to be sitting with her knees close to her chest. Holding her hands over her ears while she wept from your words.

Mokuba went over to Tea and sat beside her. Hugging her. He was tearing up himself. Tristan couldn't believe what he was hearing. He turned from his friend and back to you "That's enough (Y/n)! Tea was right! That seal has fucked up your mind! We're your friends!" He flinched when you were having a scold look on your face. The first facial expression you had this entire reunion. You placed one of your hands on your hips "A friend would know when to stop playing the hero. You have done nothing Tristan. Absolutely nothing. You always come to pick up the pieces left by these friends of ours. Always on the sidelines. Doing absolutely nothing. I suggest you do what you always do." You squint your eyes with your narrowing cold glare "Shut. Up." You enunciate in a chilling whisper that Tristan could hear loud and clear from where he stood. He stumbled back a little. Though he was not hurt physically, he was hurt internally. "Alright I just had it with you! I don't care what you say about those dweebs but no one speaks to Seto Kaiba like that! I have saved my brother many times before you came along (Y/n). I am better than my father in every way. He wouldn't have saved Mokuba while I always will!" Kaiba drew his next card. He placed a face down on his side of the field "MOVE ASIDE (Y/N)!!!" Kaiba snaps at you. Keeping a calm demeanor even though deep down he was wanting you to shut up. Kaiba didn't want to hear anymore of what you had to say to everyone else. It annoyed him and bothered him. He won't ever admit that last part. Kaiba glanced back over to Mokuba. Mokuba was upset from all these cruel and harsh words you were spilling out from your mouth to everyone you cared about.

You clicked your tongue, rolling your eyes, turning your gaze over to Dartz "Hurry and take his soul. He's so annoying." You wave your hand at Kaiba with your tone in disgust. Mokuba inhaled sharply as he turned his head to look at Kaiba who turned back to face you. Mokuba and Kaiba knew exactly what Dartz was planning next. Dartz watched as everyone was getting emotionally hurt by your mirror self. Taking pure joy from seeing the pharaoh becoming almost like a statue from seeing the one precious thing he loves become something he never expected. The pharaoh looked too distraught to even breathe. "You are right my goddess." Dartz revealed his face down card Martyr Curse, a trap card, the trap card both Kaiba and Yami knew what was going to happen next. Kaiba looks at his own face down card then at you 'I'll admit. I do like you trash talking your friends but I know this isn't (Y/n). You are not the (Y/n) my brother looks up to. You are not the (Y/n) my brother is shedding tears for! When I come back I hope the real you is here with us. (Y/n). Please come back and make my brother sad no more.' Kaiba hoped in his thoughts. Accepting his eventual end in this duel. "This card forces one monster from our sides to engage into a battle against each other. This card also has a nasty side effect that cancels out any special effects that your monster has! So say bye bye to Mirror Force Dragon's reflection power." Kaiba's dragons' little reflections in its wings disappear due to the effect of the trap card Dartz used. Kaiba looked up to Critias as he saw the effect of his dragon take place. Turning back to Dartz and you. Dartz held out his hand towards Kaiba "Orichalcos Shunoros! Attack the remaining life points Kaiba has! And take his soul with a Photon Ring Blast!" He cried out as his monster Orichalcos Shunoros spun a light green glowing ring around itself to launch towards Critias and Kaiba. Slicing Kaiba's dragon in half, destroying it, and the ring bounced back to hit Kaiba. Taking his remaining life points. Kaiba was barely standing as he felt something starting to be ripped out of him. Holding up a trembling hand to reveal his face down card "A . . . Activate Tr . . . Trap . . ." Dartz and the other you gasp seeing the card and saw it do something to Yami. Yami looked down at his duel disk to see his life points went up. He glanced over to Kaiba. Kaiba let out soft pants "It's called . . . Wish of . . . Final . . . Effort . . . It reverts all my . . . all my dragons attack . . . attack points into . . . Yugi's life points . . ." Kaiba looked at you and he stretched out his hand to you "Bring . . . Bring the woman my brother adores . . . Back . . . Yu . . . Gi . . ." His vision became blurry and soon dark. Kaiba fell back against the invisible wall. Falling to his knees. The seal of Orichalcos closing in on his body. Taking his soul once reached. Kaiba was nothing but an empty shell now.

Mokuba watched, petrified, at his older brother's final efforts to keep Yami in the game. Shedding tears when he was saying his final words to bring you back despite not believing it was you earlier. Kaiba had put his faith into Yugi to bring you back. Putting his hope in for your return. You looked at Kaiba's empty vessel and held your hand out to Kaiba's body "Here little boy. Have your dead brother back." You used the seal of orichalcos power to send Kaiba out of the 2 seals, there were 3 seals in this duel but 1 was used to corrupt Kaiba's soul for the Great Leviathan, and threw him into Tristans and Mokuba's arms. They rested Kaiba on the floor to rest. Mokuba was crying over Kaiba's body "Seto . . ." He weeped with his face in his unresponsive brother's chest. Jane saw Mokuba weeping for his brother and it reminded her of how she wept for your dead corpse thousands of years ago. Bringing back all too many familiar feelings of despair she felt during those dark times. Jane had a hand over her heart, the strange feeling was happening again. This sudden overwhelmingness. She was having this urge to cry and scream. These feelings were similar to the ones she was having at the moment; only much stronger. Jane laid her eyes over to you. What she was feeling didn't match at all to what you were saying to everyone. 'What is this?' Jane recalled how you mentioned to her once before that You always knew how scared Jane was. From the Soul Bind. 'Is this your true feelings I am feeling in my chest? Are you trying to tell me something, my lady? If it is, what is it that you are trying to get through to me? Gods if only you could just tell me!' Jane was mentally arguing with herself. Wishing you were truly here to set things right. To stop this engulfing negativity Dartz was brewing within the atmosphere with You helping him.

Yami gazed his eyes slowly back over to You and Dartz. You were laughing such a menial laugh. The very sound of it frightened him. Seeing you act without remorse or any signs of sympathy was not of your character. None of your actions or attitude towards his friends were like you at all. They weren't like the woman he loved. He knew you wouldn't say such things to your friends. He didn't want to believe you would. Yami was growing infuriated from having to see his friends be ridiculed for this new-found anger you were presenting towards them. Making his friends cry for you while you were not showing any signs of care for their tears. "THAT'S ENOUGH!!!" Yami's powerful voice boomed through the temple. It made you stop laughing. Yami glared at Dartz "I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU DID TO (Y/N) BUT YOU ARE GOING TO UNDO IT!!! YOU BRING HER BACK!!!" his entire body was shaking from rage "BRING HER BACK NOW!!!" His tone was frightening. So loud. So desperate. He was screaming. Begging. Wanting you to be back to who you were. He didn't want to hear your venomous words about his friends anymore. Hearing it from you was breaking his heart bit by bit. Jane stared at the pharaoh in pure bewilderment. Never has she seen him raise his voice in such a way. It was the first time she ever heard him use such a tone. The powerful voice reminded Jane of his father. Commanding with that powerful voice to protect the innocent civilians of their kingdom and against enemies that threatened the things he loved. In this case, for the woman he loved. For the woman she could never have.

Jane could have sworn Yami was getting close to his breaking point of this journey. Having to witness his friends' souls get taken, Yugi's soul taken because of him, and now the love of his life turning against him with her soul being manipulated.

Just minutes away from breaking down.

"He didn't force anything upon me. I did this on my own accord." You told them the frightening truth, well your fake self said a "truth" to them. "That's a lie!" Jane blurted out. Tristan looks at Jane "That's what we thought about with Mai but . . . She chose to be under Dartz's henchman . . . Maybe . . . Maybe it isn't a lie Jane . . ." Jane shifts her eyes at Tristan. Quickly dragging her gaze back over to You. Jane could feel her entire body stiffen when Tristan mentioned Mai. His point was a valid one. Mai chose to be on Dartz's side . . . The possibility of you joining Dartz was a possible factor . . . Yami let a shivering exhale leave his lips when you started to walk slowly towards his direction "Why should I love you again just because we were reborn?" Yami's own body reacted in its own way by having him take a step back. This aura you had around you was intense. The entire air itself was making Yami find it hard to breathe from its stiffness and intensity. It reeks of bloodlust and anger. So much anger he has never felt from anybody he has dueled or any enemy he has faced. Including Dartz. "All I have been doing ever since I have been with you is nothing but a scapegoat. A tool. A weapon. Always having to save everyone! What did anyone ever give me in return?!" Your steps became heavy and loud. Yami flinched every step you took. Making his feet continuously and subconsciously take steps back. "NOTHING!!!" Yami inhales sharply when his back meets the invisible wall of the seal. He couldn't run away. His mind went blank on finding any words to try to say to you.

You were in front of Yami now. His breathing was quickening. Starting to hyperventilate. You grabbed Yami from the collar of his shirt. Bringing his frightened ass to your face. Looking down at him with an even more spine chilling deadly cold glare at him. More terrifying than the one you gave to Tea. Full of anger and disgust. Yami was scared of you. Never in all his existence would he ever thought there would be a day where he would be scared of the woman he loved. The woman who was always compassionate, smart, reliable, courageous, bold, witty, kind, and the person who would do absolutely in her power to keep those she loved safe and protected – to become such an angry woman that held so much hatred. Yami stared back into your (e/c). "I always have to solve all your problems. I always get the short end of the stick. You get the glory. I get the painful consequences." You brought your face closer to his "You are the very reason I am this way Yami. I am always suffering because of you." You whispered for him to only hear. Yami's mouth was left agape after you told him that. You threw him back to the wall, he grunted a little from being thrown. Dartz held out his hand to you which you gradually took after you turned your back to Yami and headed back to Dartz. He gently tugs you over to be close to his side. He held one hand of yours with his and he had a hand behind your back. Almost like a princess and prince holding each other. Jane watched as you walked away very closely. "Are you alright man?!" Tristan ran up to the seal's invisible wall to be by Yami's side. Yami forced himself to not lean on the wall anymore. Giving a slow nod to Tristan but Tristan could see how pale Yami was. How his entire confidence was draining the life out of him. How You were draining the life out of him while being under Dartz's power. There was barely any light of life in his amethyst eyes. Tristan walked back to be standing by the weeping Mokuba and Tea. Jane was on the far end, frozen, watching with the 3 of them as Yami slowly walked back to where he stood earlier in this duel.

A duel that was still going mind you.

You looked up at Dartz with the loving gaze you always gave to Yami. Now you were giving it to this mad man. "I am now seeing more clearly than I ever had before. I can finally be living the life I deserve in our new paradise." You reach your hands to cup Dartz's cheeks. Dartz leaned down in sync with you when you pulled him down gently. Pulling him to your level into a deep kiss. Dartz had a hand on yours that was on his cheek and he pulled you even closer by the hand he had on your waist. Yami's legs gave out on him. Making him fall to his knees in defeat. His eyes were wider and horrified from this sight in front of him. Tea had a hand over her mouth in shock. Jane stared in disbelief but her face changed as if she had figured something out.

Yami wanted to kill Dartz for touching you. Kissing you. Those feelings were strong until he suddenly . . . Stopped feeling that rage all of a sudden. The pharaoh started to think of his journey with you up until this point. Envisioning the memories of Jane's in his mind. All the outcomes you had to endure the entire time. You always saved them. You weren't here to save them this time. You were not here to save Yami this time. You were right . . . You didn't deserve to save him. 'You give up so much for everyone's happiness . . . I am not merely enough to return for all of your efforts . . . All of your pain . . . All your suffering . . . It's all because of you being close to me . . . Maybe . . .' His eyes were losing the very little light they had within them '. . . Maybe . . . You would be better off without me being in your life . . . Maybe . . . Dartz's paradise should be the best for you . . . Maybe a world without me . . . Would truly give you a better life than me or any of us in it . . .' Yami was lost in his thoughts while his hand subconsciously moved on its own. Hovering over his deck. By the rules of the game: If a player puts their hand on top of their deck during a duel it means they forfeit the game and their opponent wins the duel. Yami can only see the bloodshed end for you the longer you are by his side. Believing the world he gave you in the past and the one right now was just the same. There was no happiness for you in either of them. Believing what Dartz has been saying about him all this time.

He was truly an evil king.

His greatest crime in this world was loving you when his love was never going to be enough for everything you have done. Both in the past and this present.

Yami believed he could never provide the happy ending you truly deserved.

Not as long as he existed in this world.

You and Dartz parted from your gross kiss to turn back to Yami. He was utterly defeated. Already almost lifeless. Going to give this duel and the whole world up with a single hand over his deck. Tristan went up to the seal with the others, Jane lingering behind, and pounded their first against the seal's invisible wall. "Don't do it Yugi!!" Mokuba cried out, knowing what Yami was about to do. Having a championship duelist of an older brother of Duel Monsters had its perks. Knowing the rules and the game itself. "Don't let my brother's last efforts be in vain with you giving up!! I won't forgive you if you do!!!" Mokuba was pounding his little fist against the invisible wall to get Yami's attention. Not even the sound of Mokuba's fist grabbed his attention. "You're giving the whole world up if you do it!!! Don't Do it man!!!" Tristan tries to get through to him. Looking over to Dartz and you then back at his friend "You can't let that bastard get to you!!! You're the only one who can save us!! Come on pharaoh!!" Tristan hated seeing Yami like this. It was even worse than when Yugi's soul was taken. This duel was draining the life of him with you being an addition of being on the line with the world. Adding this heavy pressure.

Tea turns to Rafael "Do you know how to get her out of Dartz's control?! Do you?!" Tea was running out of options. Rafael shakes his head with a shrug. Having no clue. "The pharaoh got me out after conquering the darkness in my heart." Rafael glances over at you "I don't think she can just conquer the darkness in her heart. There is something different about her case. That needs a whole lot more than just conquering the darkness. Something I think only the pharaoh can only do." Rafael and Tea both looked at Yami. His hand was mere centimeters away from throwing in the duel. 'Yes Pharaoh. Give into your despair. Give up this forsaken world. Give up on Lady (Y/n) for me. Let's put an end to this meaningless fight. Let my goddesses and I's paradise be born with your valiant surrender.' Dartz smiled wickedly at his own thoughts. Watching with you as one of the seals of the seal of orichalcos start to close itself in on Yami.

You and Dartz were laughing menacingly at Yami and his friends trying their last pointless efforts. Trying to stop Yami from setting the trigger that will end everyone's existence as they know it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.1K 2.2K 32
*All images are paid commissions created by the artist Less_End. Please do not copy or use in your own work* A turn here. A turn there. No wait! Don'...
1.8K 47 10
Just like my oneshot book that was for Yugi Muto and the Reader, this collection of oneshots is for Yami Yugi x Reader and Atem x Reader . I will be...
14.1K 347 14
THIS FANFICTION IS COMPLETE! ENJOY!! You are a young person on the run from the people you work for. You worked for a powerful person, but you know n...
46.2K 950 10
*Based on the official game* You just started playing the brand new game, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links. Then, you made a wish that you never thought would...