Fakemates

Von readingatnightt

Evelyn Carmichael has had a crush on Dean Jameson ever since she figured out what a crush was. To make matte... Mehr

Trigger Warnings
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Epilogue
Bonus Scene

Chapter One

16.2K 427 57
Von readingatnightt

Evelyn

The bartender in front of me wasn't even looking at the perfect fake ID that I paid someone almost $200 to craft for me. He was too busy eyeing my tits.

He was cute, and I didn't mind the gawking, but I paid good money to get into this bar, and he wasn't even questioning my age.

Did I look like I was twenty-three? Or did I just look like a twenty-year-old girl with big tits?

His eyes darted away from my cleavage long enough to hand me my ID back. I could hear my best friend next to me as she whispered very loudly how cute the bartender was.

Scruffy black hair with small brown eyes.He wasn't my type, but I don't think I had a specific type. I believed in a different system.

Soulmates. I believed that there was someone out there for everyone. I believed in fate and destiny and lovers that were designed and molded for you.

I believed in fairy-tale endings and in princes who sweep you off your feet. I believed that the right person for me was out there somewhere, and I just haven't found him yet.

Anna giggled at something the bartender said, and I saw her teasingly place her hand over his arm as he spoke.

Since middle school, Anna and I have been friends when we were partnered up for a school project. It was about the pros and cons of Marijuana and have been friends since. If you haven't guessed, Anna did the entire pros section of the project.

Anna changed her hair color almost every month, and this month it was a light purple. It was cut into layers, and she had blow-dried it to make it as voluptuous as her curves.

Even though purple was an odd color to have your hair, Anna didn't give a single shit about what anyone else thought. She lived her life loudly and boisterously, and she never doubted herself.

"A round of shots." She ordered, her hazel eyes twinkling mischievously at the bartender, who was more than eager to get our order.

Who wouldn't be eager if two girls in slutty dresses with their cleavage spilling out asked for a round of shots? Not Ben, the bartender who scrambled to get us shot glasses. The bar we were in was new and exclusive. 

Supposedly the man who owned it opened it two months ago to test the waters before making his bar a branch throughout Los Angeles.

Even the name was strange, yet it somehow fits with the whole theme of the bar. The sign on the outside of the bar was as dark as the name, Obsidian. Everything in the bar was all shades of black.

The carpet, the flooring, the stools, the chairs, and the bar's surface were black granite marble.

It was expensive, and you would think a lot of the same color would be weird or ugly, but it wasn't. It fit.

The variety and shades of the same color wove in and out of the bar, which may be why it was the talk of the street.

There were no bars like this. It also wasn't too loud. They didn't have a DJ, but a stage where a man was singing softly like background music.

The entire bar was lit with a soft gold hue, making the atmosphere more intimate. It was dark colors, yet it was oddly calming.

Across from the stage, there was a little open area where people were dancing along to the music or just standing there with a drink in their hand as they swayed to the melody.

"Tonight is the night, Evelyn," Anna affirmed as she handed me a shot glass.

I felt giddy as we toasted our shots and then downed them together. "To losing my virginity." I squeaked as we downed another shot together.

Yes, I was a twenty-year-old virgin. Yes, it was a rare sight. No, I know what sex is, and I intend on losing it tonight before we start college together.

After high school, Anna and I took a vacation together to France, Italy, and Turkey.

It was our dream when we were seniors to visit some places around the globe, and once we were seniors, we packed up our bags, grabbed our passports, and zipped across the world.

We had gotten back were waiting for the semester to start, but in the meantime, all I needed was sex. I needed to get it done and out of the way.

I've had boyfriends in high school and even flirted with boys when we traveled, but there was always something missing.

That spark. That firework. Butterflies. No one ever made me feel that way.

In The Princess Diaries, you know when Mia talks about kissing and how their foot always seems to pop in films? That was what was missing, and it was what I wanted. I wanted that foot popping kiss.

I had overthought it so much that I was still a virgin. I realized men aren't chivalrous. Men don't even like to kiss.

Some men just want to fuck you right away and then bitch later about you forcing them to wear a condom.

It was then that I realized I couldn't be picky. I needed to find any man, any willing man, and just have him take me home.

Boom. Bam. End of story.

"To popping that motherfuckin' cherry, bitch!" She cheered.

We placed our empty shot glasses and then downed the last two. We danced in place, stomping our heels as the liquor burned our throats.

"Speaking of cherries, can we get two cherry lime Tequila cocktails?" She asked Ben with a flutter of her eyelashes, and the poor boy all but swooned as he got them ready for us.

After I don't know how many drinks later, Anna whispered to the guy singing if he could sing a more upbeat song. She even threw in a lie about how it was my birthday, and she wanted to celebrate.

The man agreed and ushered the rest of his band to pick up the tempo. Then the music blasted through the speakers as he began singing a cover for some rock song.

More people came to the dancefloor, and then I felt like the entire bar was dancing with us. Anna whistled and cheered to the man singing, and he winked at her in response.

I rolled my eyes; this woman could charm the pants off of everyone. We danced side by side, our hands in the air as we moved our bodies to the beat of the song.

With the thrumming of the music and the way the crowd was pulsing around us, I felt so alive, and with the way the alcohol was brimming in my veins, I felt confident.

Two hands found their place on my hips, and I gasped when I felt a tug until I was met with a hard chest. I turned around, and the man behind me grinned as he dipped his lips low to my ear.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. You look too beautiful to be dancing alone." He said.

It was an okay pick-up line, but did I feel anything? Absolutely not. I didn't even get the chills. He had a mop of unruly curls on his head and dark brown eyes. He wasn't ugly, but he also wasn't my type. He was fine.

Stop being picky.

I smiled at him and pressed back into him as we continued to dance together. Anna gave me two thumbs up when she saw me dancing with the stranger behind me. Not even a few minutes later, I could feel him hardening behind me.

And they say women are easy.

I felt his hands squeeze my hips and then move them slightly lower as he adjusted the angle we were grinding on.

I felt his lips on my neck as he kissed up and down my exposed skin, and my hand went around his neck as I pushed his head even further.

Can I please feel something?

I just want to feel anything.

"You fucking bitch! Stop humping my boyfriend!"

I didn't even get to register the curse or who said it before someone's hand was in my hair, and I was being dragged away.

I hissed from the pain, and my hand quickly reached her wrist as I pulled her away from me.

I looked up to see a crazy-eyed woman glaring at me. "That's my boyfriend."

"How the fuck was I supposed to know?" I cursed as I rubbed my head. "He came on to me. Go pull his hair, shit." I cursed.

Anna was quick to come to my side when the commotion started.

"Dressed like that, you were probably begging him to fucking touch you." She cursed, and I mentally winced. This was the twenty-first century.

Are we still doing this shit where we blame women for how stupid and horny men are?

"You're pissed off at the wrong person, bitch." Anna cursed as he crossed her arms over her chest. "Maybe go and tell your man to keep it in his pants."

"Maybe tell your friend not to be such a whore."

That was it for me. I didn't even process my words or actions; all I could think about was beating this woman up for blaming me. I charged toward her and sucker-punched her right in the face.

"Women are supposed to support women," I shouted as I rubbed my fist.

The music had died down around me, and it was then that I noticed the crowd. Anna grabbed my hand as we tried to make a run for it, but security was quick to catch us.

I was in some deep shit now. If my parents or brother knew I was here, drinking underage, and getting into fights, I'd never hear the end of it.

Shit.

"Yes, boss." The man in front of us hung up his cell and turned to look at us. "Our boss would like us to call the police, and the woman you assaulted is pressing charges."

"Maybe if I can speak to your boss, we can get all of this sorted." Anna smiled her charming smile, but the man didn't budge.

They called the police, and the sound of the sirens was shrilling, and I was scared shitless. Police? Jail? Fuck. I was utterly fucked.

My parents were going to kill me. I was the perfect little girl in my parents' and brothers' eyes. I did what I was told. I did what was expected of me. I never talked back or fought against them.

Yet here I was. About to go to fucking jail. And who the fuck was going to bail me out? I couldn't call my brother Nick because he'd tell my parents right away.

I couldn't call my parents to cause they'd castrate me. Anna was next to me, chill as a cucumber, and I turned to her wide-eyed and panicked.

"Babe, chill. I'll call one of my exes to bail us out."

"That is not  reassuring."

After the cops arrived and took our statements, they handcuffed and guided us outside and into their police cruiser.

They didn't ask about our IDs, and I was thankful they weren't suspicious. Or maybe they did know, but they wanted to file it for us when we got downtown.

I don't know. They didn't say anything. Anna kept trying to calm me down, but nothing was working. I wasn't just scared; I was so nervous that I felt like I would have a heart attack.

Once we got to the police station, they took off our cuffs so they could take our pictures. Our mugshots. Then our fingerprints, they filed some reports before we were placed inside the jail cell.

Thankfully, it was just Anna and me in there. I couldn't believe I was here. I couldn't believe this was how my night was turning out.

This was not how I had planned for tonight. I just wanted to get drunk, have fun, and lose my virginity. Not end up in a jail cell assaulting someone.

I walked around the cell, anxious, and I bit so hard on my acrylic nail that it broke.  I couldn't even feel the pain. I was too in my head, thinking and overthinking what was going to happen to me.

I kept pacing, my heart racing and palms sweating, and I knew I was about to start crying.

"Can we get our one phone call now?" Anna called, and the police officer staring at her looked so done with her shit, but he nodded his head at her request.

She gave me a reassuring squeeze of her hand and then left to call someone to bail us out.

"Well, well, well." Someone drawled. "If it isn't little Evelyn Carmichael."

Oh, fuck me.

The last time I heard that nickname, was two years ago, after my high school graduation.

'Congratulations, little Evelyn.'

AUTHORS NOTE: Hello, my lovelies. Welcome to the beginning of Fakemates! 🎉

I hope you enjoy this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. ☺️

And yes, as always, I will be double posting so you can get an introduction to both of the characters. 😏

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

419K 17K 68
"It's always been you, Phoenix. You are the one who makes me the happiest. Just being in the same room as you gives me god damn butterflies. Hearing...
1.2M 41.2K 65
☑️Completed☑️ ‼️MATURE‼️ 📚Part Of The Wattys 2022 Shortlist & Wattpad Editor's Choice!📚 ✨Rank #1 in Mature Romance - 28/10/2020✨ ✨Rank #1 in Office...
121K 3.1K 78
My lips part slightly, as I watch her move her body to the rhythm. She runs her hands through her hair as she moves her body sensually slow with her...
231K 6.3K 85
"Joe, what are you doing?" I'm stunned as he stands in front of me. "Show me how oysters are supposed to make you feel, Alix?" he asks, lending out h...