Finding Nemo

By Amenoty

A devoted fangirl to an anonymous and elusive online sensation tries to find out her idol's true identity. Li... More

Writer's Notes
Prologue
Dumb-ie
Crush
Airhead
Late Update Notice
Midget
Boss
Idiot
Deaf Piece of Sh*t
Clumsy
Writer's Note
Nemo

Reptile

188 14 8
By Amenoty

"What are you giggling about?" young Neil from elementary asks as I daydream by the window.

I was actually excited for the school fair later after the half day classes. We get to play lots of games, jail booth, treats everywhere and many more!!!

I just ignored Neil and went on with my excited daydreaming.

"You're such a weird girl!" Neil yells.

"Neil! What are you yelling for?" the teacher suddenly threw a chalk at our direction.

Then Neil yells, "Teacher! Danni is so weird! She was laughing on her own! I'm scared!"

The teacher just sighed and said, "Quiet and listen to class!" then she continued with her lesson.

With this, I popped out my tongue at Neil and he immediately tapped and patted my back to say, "It's okay, Danni. Laugh all you want."

I flicked his arms away and continued to excitedly wait by the window.

While finally walking around, I was surprised to be grabbed by some officers. They pulled me to be placed at the jail booth.

"Hey! Why me of all people?!" I yelled to ask.

"You were asking for it. See?" one officer says and then he pulled a paper on my back. It says: Put me to Jail!

Wha- when did I have those at my back?!

Then I remembered Neil patting my back awhile ago. Eurgh! That menace will surely get it!

"Can I have someone be put to jail too?" I asked.

"Ofcourse. Just pay up with tickets. So who is it?" the officer asked.

"Neil Morgan." I said and immediately used my tickets.

After a few minutes, finally, Neil was here too. I laughed maniacally at him as he kicks his feet at the ground. Serves him right!

"Now what?" he asks as we sat by the floor in front of each other. We were passing a rock with our feet boringly.

I am also thinking how boring this ended. We just both ended up in jail when suddenly, an officer grabbed both of us out of the booth.

"Someone requested this union that we are about to witness right now." somebody in the middle announces. What the?

"Danni, do you promise to take care of Neil, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer and till death do you part?" this weird guy asks and I felt people wrapping me up with some kind of costume. Then they had me hold what seems to be a bouquet.

"Huh?" was all I can say because I'm confused. What is happening?

"We'll take that as a yes! Great job! Now, Neil, do you promise to take care of Danni, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer and till death do you part?" the guy turned to ask Neil too and he was blushing red while he looks at me.

I suddenly realized what's happening as I check the signage. This is the Marriage Booth! Whoever decided to set us up on such a disgusting prank?!

I was about to lash out but Neil suddenly yelled, "Yes! I do!"

What the?! Is he messing with me now?!

He looked at me all red then laughed to say, "Le- let's just get this over with! You look- you look funnily weird in that veil!"

I was fuming in anger when suddenly the freaking guy in the middle yelled, "Great! You may now kiss the bride!"

And the crowd started to cheer, "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!"

As young children, peer pressure is very taunting. I couldn't say anything.

Then suddenly, Neil held my shoulders and looked me in the eye with firey determination.

He started closing his eyes and moving his face with his pouted lips close to me.

This can't be happening!!!

I made a lip-like flower using the tip of my fingers and just used it to smooch his lips instead. He opened his eyes in all smiles only to be disappointed that he actually kissed my hands.

Everybody laughed. I did too. Neil pushed my hand off and screamed, "What the hell, Danni?"

Then I yelled back, "What?! Did you expect me to kiss a lizard? Would you turn into a prince? Does it apply to all reptiles?"

He groaned and kicked the floor. Then he ran far away.

Well, at least, he got his first kiss.
But on my fingers only.
I smirked while I watch him run away.

----------------‐--------------------------

"Shut up!" I yelled at this b*tch. I couldn't hold my anger back but Neil was firmly pressing on my shoulders. I pushed his hands off me and prepared myself to tackle this ugly-

"Danni, please. This is a business. Don't cause trouble again." Neil says calmly.

With his tone and what he just told me, I held myself back. He went through a lot just to build his small businesses. I maybe a troublemaker for him and we might spite each other most of the time, but I'm not a sick and unemphatic person.

Inhale. Exhale.

"I'll go and rest by the staff lounge. Then end my shift early. Boss." I answered and walked away in full angst. My eyes pierces with murder on those girls. They are so- ugh- I hate them.

Why do I hate them?

Well, during prom night...

"That stupid geek. We had him do all of this work and decorating all by himself. But in the end, he couldn't come to Prom. How pitiful. He's so gullible." I heard a girl laugh with her friends. I was just casually taking food by the buffet and I didn't really care when suddenly...

"I know. I can't believe a valedictorian would be such a pushover. Is that how nerds always operate?" another girl laughs back.

Wait. They're talking about Neil.

I looked around.
The stage.
The ambience.
The backdrops.

It all looked so beautiful. Are they saying that Neil did all these? By himself?

I'm known to be delicate and a pacifist because I never fight with anybody except Neil. However, hearing their laughs and mockery, somehow boiled my blood enough to try and subtly spite them.

I decided to bump into one of the girls and accidentally knock a drink over at their dresses.

"Oh my god! Watch where you're going? Ugh!" the girls yelled.

I sarcastically apologized, "Oh. My bad. I guess, I'm a little clumsy."

As they were busy wiping stains off their dresses, one girl suddenly decided to tick me off by saying, "If it isn't the geek's girlfriend saving his man. Are you trying to defend your nerd boyfriend now?"

Then they all laughed at me.

I was about to start a full on catfight but since they outnumbered me, the other girls held on my arms. One girl grabbed a knife and sliced off my back strings. My dress started falling off. They released me and I immediately caught my dress to cover up.

"Go home. You and your stupid boyfriend doesn't deserve to be in Prom." this mean girl mocked and they all laughed while walking away from me.

I decided to walk home after that.
Then, I saw Neil walking to Prom.

I sighed deeply as I recall those memories from high school prom night.

I faced my locker and started changing into my casual clothes.

Why am I getting so worked up again? Well, just because- I am a moral and upright person! I should side with justice! I can't let people like them bully Neil like that. It's not right. That's probably why. They haven't changed one bit. They are still mocking him. Their tone says it all.

Argh! I am so irritated right now!

I punched my locker repeatedly to release stress.

"If you break that, I'll cut it on your salary." I heard Neil's voice from behind. So I turned around.

"Did they leave already? Those b*tches don't deserve good customer service. I am so pissed off!" I ranted while Neil walks slowly towards me.

I began releasing stress by doing a monologue of what I wanted to do with those girls. I narrated, "Argh! My blood boils for them so much! I am going to pick their eyeballs out using a barbecue stick and grill it like streetfood. Then I'm going to use nailcutter to cut their necks off! The dull bladed ones so they'd feel the pain even more so! Then I will cut their limbs-"

Neil grabbed my arm to stop me and said, "That's so gory." and he chuckled. I realized he was standing so close to me since I can smell him. He smells good.

Wait what? Why did I smell him? That's weird!

"Danni, I just realized how much you hated me so." Neil whispers as he was slowly closing in on me.

I'm feeling nervous. I feel my chest tightening and pounding hard. What does he- uhm- what is he planning to do?

With this, I closed my eyes and I don't know- I'm- what am I anticipating anyways? My hands just moved to my face for covering and I felt Neil lean his arms by the locker behind me.

His body's warmth had started closing in on me as well. I just let out a squirm to say, "Neil." all while my eyes are still closed from anticipation.

Then suddenly, I felt warmth on my fingers. Soft and delicately pressing on the tip of my hands. I opened my eyes and I saw Neil kissed them.

He chuckled and whispered, "Why would you ever kiss a lizard? Will I turn into a prince?"

And he stepped away as he laughs and teases me. I just watched him as he finds my expression amusing.

"You should see the look on your face right now!" he chuckled and giggles while holding his tummy and nape.

Something inside me got annoyed at him again. So I decided to spite him back.

I pulled his cheeks abruptly and finally, gave him a kiss on his lips.

He was surprised and I felt him push my hips subtly but I couldn't hold in my feelings anymore. Is this me feeling annoyed?

I closed my eyes and began parting my lips to give him a deeper kiss. I suckled at his soft lips that brushed my fingers delicately awhile ago. I can smell him even better now and this feeling just kept growing and growing in me that I was pushing him to walk further back till he hits a wall.

Upon bouncing on a wall, with his hands on my hips, I stopped and spited him by saying "Tch. I guess you didn't turn into a prince. Reptiles are such a scam."

He smiled naughtily and replied, "A prince, huh?"

I was surprised because he kissed me back again. This time, he was leading me on so aggressively I can barely follow. His hands were moving so firmly as he presses on my hips and more.

Then his tongue was basking in at every suckle he gives, like he's knocking on my mouth for entry. And after a few tries, I felt weak at the subtle brushes his tongue gives and finally gave in at his attempt.

With our mouths wide open and entangling tongues inside, the feeling just kept growing and growing on me while our bodies press further together. Our hands travel around to caress more of one another.

Until, "Boss-" a staff called.

I immediately pushed Neil away, slapped him and grabbed his hair to pull on it. Then I yelled, "Don't order me around!"

"Ah- ow!" I saw Neil yell out in pain. I released his hair and began packing out my things quickly.

Sh*t. What just happened?!

"Are you okay, boss?" I hear the staff ask him while I walk away in shame.

"Yeah. Danni and I- got into a fight." I heard Neil say before closing the door and I don't know why but I felt a tingly sensation in my belly kicking in.

Yeah. What a crazy fight.
Should I spite him again?

(to be continued)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.2K 2.8K 38
"I hate you so much, but why do I want to kiss you right now?" HeeSun Au Based on the K-drama Love Alarm, but with a completely different plot. Enem...
109K 5K 76
Melody Clementé suffers nightmares of the abuse that almost cost her her life. Along with outrunning her abuser that fills her mind she also battles...
3.9K 1K 49
She is the newbie, most people hate her but some people love her. She is complicated and very hard to understand but when you get to know her you fin...
201 21 21
Highest Rankings: 115 in first person I was just a simple sophomore. I hung out with my friends, played sports, got straight A's, my life seemed to h...