Finding Nemo

By Amenoty

A devoted fangirl to an anonymous and elusive online sensation tries to find out her idol's true identity. Li... More

Writer's Notes
Prologue
Dumb-ie
Crush
Airhead
Late Update Notice
Boss
Reptile
Idiot
Deaf Piece of Sh*t
Clumsy
Writer's Note
Nemo

Midget

134 14 1
By Amenoty

I was about to send a thank you gift at the coffee shop. I prepared a bouquet, baked some brownies and written a thank you letter. Upon walking in, I saw a hiring post outside their door. I immediately took it and entered.

"Hi are you currently hiring for part time? I'm interested." I asked since I can work out my schedules. This would also be good so I'd get to observe the place. I can find Nemo.

"Ah yes. Let's talk some details after 10 minutes. I'll just finish the order cue. Kindly wait on the table over there. Would you like anything?" the staff answered.

"No thanks. I'm good. But I have some fan gifts that I'd like to leave for Nemo. He said to leave it here?" I asked.

"Ah yes. Well. He's actually right- uhm- I'll just take those and deliver it to him. Thank you." she answered. She was stuttering and kept looking at my back.

So I turned around to check what's behind and I saw a man's chest. I tilted my head up and it was Neil Morgan looking down at me. The menace. Ugh. He's here again.

"When have you gotten so small, midget?" he teased.

He really irritates me so I pulled a little prank on him.

I pointed my index finger at his shirt and asked, "Oh what's this on your shirt?"

As soon as he looked down, I lifted my index finger to flick his nose. Serves him right. Then I mocked, "You've gotten tall but your brain is still that of a skinny little lizard's"

He clicked his tongue and gestured to hit me but I know it's just a joke.

"What are you doing holding that hiring sign, Dumb-ie?" he asked.

"I'll apply as part timer here so you better be nice to me or I'll put weird things on your drinks!" I scoffed at him and walked away. Why is he still following me around?

He sat in front of me then asked, "Then why would I hire you, if you'd do that to your boss?"

Wait wait. What?! He owns this shop?! Oh no! But actually that totally makes sense. He was always here. But wha- oh sh*t.

My mouth was hanged open as he suddenly leaned on the table to reach my chin. He held it by his thumb and side of index finger then looked me in the eye.

*thump*
*thump*
*thump*

He pushed up my jaw to close my mouth and mocked, "Ew. Close your mouth. Your salivating already."

I held on my chin and quickly turned away. F*ck!!! This is so irritating. I didn't want to encounter Neil again. I- I-

I glanced at him and I feel warmness building up in my face.

Ugh. I hate you so much, Neil!

But I had to endure this. So I'll get the chance to meet Nemo. All this will surely be worth it once I meet him.

"Tell me, why would I hire you? Even as a part timer? I won't just hire you if your reasons are petty." he asked seriously.

Oh no. My reasons are indeed petty. I just want a chance to investigate and meet Nemo. But I can't tell him that. Besides, he's going to tease me forever if he knew about my little obsession with an online personality.

I tried looking around the shop. Since I'm an information designer, I noticed a lot of furniture placements that can be improved on. As well as how the menu was laid out, it's ofcourse, confusing. I experienced that on my first order. The first on their menu was a bitter plain coffee. They should highlight their best sellers more.

"If you want to entice more customers on your shop, you need to lay down information better. For example, your counter is too far from the entrance. And there's a table blocking the entrance way. The consumers would need to pass through such obstacles before getting to order. Free that area. You have merchandise collection at the far end of the shop. It's rotting away there. You should place them beside the ordering cue so that people will see it more. Also your menu lacks information for non-coffee enthusiasts. You want to serve, not only to coffee lovers, but also those who'd like to try out something new. It lacks details. Your overall aesthetic and vibe is simple yet pretty but the way the information was arranged needs a lot of improvement." I discussed.

"If you hire me, I'll help you out." I followed while folding my arms. I'm in my element.

After quietly pondering for a while, he finally, leaned back on his chair and said, "Okay, fine. On two conditions."

Yes!

"What conditions?" I eagerly leaned my elbows on the table and placed my chin on my palms to hear him out.

He chuckled and said, "I also have a laundry house and an international goods store. I'm planning to open up a carwash cafe somewhere too. Help me out with those small businesses as well."

Wow. As expected, Neil, the dark horse smart-ass, would be successful someday. He's invested quite a lot of micro-businesses already for our age. We're just almost in our thirties. How did he do all that?

I didn't know where he went after graduating high school. I had no idea what he did for college. I also did not hear anything about them from mom. All I know is that they moved out. I'm a little curious now.

"Okay. That could be arranged. What's the other condition?" I asked.

"Don't annoy me." he said.

"You're the one who's always starting a fight anyways!" I immediately yelled as he replied with laughs.

-----------------------------------------

"Do I really have to go, mom?" I asked as I loosen my tie in this itchy and scratchy suit. I am about to be dropped off at our Junior-Senior prom night's venue.

"Yes, honey. You are the valedictorian again. You should be there." my mom says and I sighed to it.

"Besides, you even helped set the stage up so why wouldn't you be there. Come on. Socialize a little." she nags.

Hey, I do socialize. I have acquaintances and friends. I'm just not into these kinds of social gatherings. I already told them I can't come too. If they see me, they'll make fun of me.

"Whatever. Just drop me off right there. I'll walk to the venue." I told them and my mom snickered a little but eventually agreed. Ofcourse, I didn't want my friends to see me with my parents anymore. Don't laugh at me. I was a teenager.

And I got off our family car. I was walking by the road side while fanning this polo shirt to ease the heat a little when I suddenly saw her.

If only Danni isn't so annoying and full of herself- how can anyone not appreciate her fair skin as it's wrapped up by this beautiful and sparkly navy blue gown that is thin strapped over her body. Her hair is tied up in a messy bun with little sparkly accessories at the back. She's so- she looked gloom and miserable, yet again.

We were walking up to bump each other anyways so I greeted her, "Are you leaving so soon?"

She stopped, looked up to me and her eyes are again screaming for help. Why is she always like this? Did anybody else put a gum on her hair?

I noticed that she is pulling on her dress up and one of her back strings are falling. I immediately shifted my eyes away. I think it's travelling to places that I shouldn't look at.

*cough*

I gulped and turned away. Then asked again, "What happened to you?"

Having a hard time talking and with her voice breaking up she insulted me "You wouldn't care. You hate me anyways. And I hate you too. You're a menace. I'll never like you! Get out of my sight!"

I scratched my head because yeah, whatever. Not my problem. Tch. Annoying as f*ck.

She brushed me off and continued to walk away. So I just went on my way as well coming into the venue.

What's her problem?! I don't like her too! She's so annoying and full of herself.

However, I heard her yell "Ouch!" from afar. My instincts just automatically looked back to check what happened.

She fell on the side of the road. I immediately ran towards her. I checked and her thin heels broke off. Her dress, it fell off, revealing her chest undergarments. Ah sh*t. I shouldn't stare at this now.

I quickly removed my coat and wrapped it on her. Then I yelled, "Just tell me what happened already or at least accept my help! Why are you so stubborn? Your alone on a road side like this. Jeez. Your f*cking annoying Danni!"

Afterwards, she cried hard without saying anything. Like a baby. Just like when we were younger. Sigh.

I knelt on her and decided to offer my back so she can be carried.

"Come on, I'll carry you to the cab terminal and bring you back home." I said as I point at my back.

"But I really wanted to go to prom all pretty. We're graduating and I-" she sobs.

I quickly grabbed her arms so she'll lean on my back and said "Then, get changed first and let's go back together. Are you stupid? Why are you complicating things?"

Then I lifted her up and grabbed her legs so I can carry her better. I walked and suddenly couldn't hold my laughs.

"What's so funny, Neil?" she asked as her sobs clear up.

"Nothing. You're so small like a midget yet so heavy. I think I'll get low back pain." I teased her.

Then she started pulling on my hair again and I was a little off-balanced by it.

While she's busy pulling on my hair, I outstretched my arms for a passing cab and finally, it stopped.

We sat inside quietly throughout the whole ride. Well, she didn't want to tell me what happened and I am not one to insist.

While I look out the window, I can actually see her reflection by the mirror. She was looking at me. I felt stiff and awkward so I just turned to look away from her. What is she looking at?

Then she suddenly spoke, "We'll be graduating soon, Neil. Finally, we won't see each other anymore. Like a thorn that's finally going to get unstuck on my skin."

Right. Same feelings here.

"Yeah. You'll finally be out of my sight." I answered. Why do I feel heaviness in my chest as I said it.

I looked at her reflection and she finally turned away from me to look at the window too. I turned my head at her and the heaviness in my chest felt deeper.

It's fine. I'm too young for this.

She finally changed into another dress and she looked stunning on a lilac tube dress that is slitted up to her thighs. It looked elegant as she let her hair down this time.

"Let's go back at the venue?" I asked and her mom- I don't understand why she is squirming on the sides while looking at us. But whatever.

She handed me my coat and I wore it. Then as we walk out to hail another cab, she suddenly wrapped her arms at me. I was surprised.

Then she leaned to whisper, "Actually, Neil. I don't want to go back to that place. Can you come with me somewhere else instead?"

My heart was beating so fast.
I can't say anything.

Finally, I gulped to answer "No. What do you plan to do with me? I'm not gonna let you take advantage of me, Danni."

And I covered up my body to tease her.

She rolled her eyes and hit me with her purse then said, "Idiot! As if! I just- I don't want to see the people in the prom but I want to experience prom. Just this time, let's not fight. Can you keep me company?"

I chuckled and answered, "Okay. Where are you taking me for prom, then?"

To my surprise, after getting off another cab ride, we are standing in front our elementary school building.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked.

"Let's just go." she pulled on my arms for us to walk. I look at her back while she pulls on my arms. Can this moment, last forever?

I mean- it feels nice.
My face is warming up.
What kind of thoughts were those?

We snuck at the back of the building. She asked me to give her a lift then I jumped over the wall. Then we walked inside the building and arrived at the music room.

"Why are we here?" I asked.

Then she opened up some records and started manipulating the turntable. She played some music and started dancing to it.

"This is the only place I could think of that has these cool music. And we can dance all night here too! Like a proper JS Prom!" she says as she makes weird dance moves. Is she a robot or something?

I can't help but laugh at her silly movements.

Then she started twirling around me with these odd steps and I'm feeling so shy for her. Second hand embarassment could probably kill me now. But she still continues.

"Come on! Dance too!" she urges me but I'm too shy. I don't really dance.

"I don't really dance. I'm more of a music person. But I don't know if I'd ever get this chance again. So let's just go with the music!" she says as she catches her breath while still making silly movements. Running man, flipping her elbows to pump sideways, snorkeling movements, doing a weird wave and even trying moon walking. She's so weird! It's too funny!

Then with her recklessness, she tripped and I caught her by my arms. My body tilted to the sides.

I felt her heavy breaths and panting with her face close to mine.

My eyes were suddenly glued to hers. Ofcourse, I hear my heartbeat through my head.

"Do you like me, Neil?" she suddenly asked.

(to be continued)

Writer's Note
* Lol I found CWS's IG post caption too funny 🤣 he's really trying his best to update his fans. Such a cutie! 🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.6K 1.4K 27
Y/N, a lonely girl in need of a relationship, goes to a yandere center hoping to find the right one for her. She's desperate to find someone who will...
62.7K 2.8K 38
"I hate you so much, but why do I want to kiss you right now?" HeeSun Au Based on the K-drama Love Alarm, but with a completely different plot. Enem...
109 2 35
Arielle Summers knew she can't hold all of her pain inside forever. The scars and cuts on her arm seemed like they would never heal. She knows cuttin...
133 40 10
Caleb is doing great. He's gotten a new job and moved out, leaving his old toxic friends and parents behind him. But his past comes to punch him in...