Forgotten to Remember (Atem/Y...

By _Weeb_Writer_

You were a simple reporter for duelists of Heartland City with this constant weird dream throughout all your... More

Chapter 1: Hello, My Lady
Chapter 2: Blending In
Chapter 3: Reunion, Dreams, and Friends
Chapter 4: Going Down Swinging
Chapter 5: We Meet Again
Chapter 6: Stranger Danger!
Chapter 7: All's Well That Ends Well?
Chapter 8: Shoot Your Shot
Chapter 9: Wishful Thinking
Chapter 10: Evil Spirit, Be Gone!
Chapter 11: Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire
Chapter 12: The Lucky
Chapter 13: The Unlucky
Chapter 14: The Aftermath
Chapter 15: Noah's World
Chapter 16: Escape Plan
Chapter 17: Mission Impossible
Chapter 18: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 19: Risking It All (Pt. 1)
Chapter 20: Risking It All (Pt. 2)
Chapter 21: Risking It All (Pt. 3)
Chapter 22: Without You
Chapter 23: Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream
Chapter 24: Back to the Future
Chapter 25: Normal Lives
Chapter 26: Knights & The Night
Chapter 28: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 1)
Chapter 29: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 2)
Chapter 30: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 3)
Chapter 31: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 4)
Chapter 32: Save Your Tears
Chapter 33: We Need You
Chapter 34: Hope
Chapter 35: Here One Moment, Gone The Next
Chapter 36: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 1)
Chapter 37: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 2)
Chapter 38: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 3)
Chapter 39: Phantom of the Opera
Chapter 40: A Nightmare
Chapter 41: Shatter
Chapter 42: The 4th Legendary Knight - Maiden Jane
Chapter 43: Knight's Unite
Chapter 44: The Staff of Light
Chapter 45: Rise of the Great Leviathan
Chapter 46: Goodbye, My Lady & Pharaoh
Chapter 47: Together
Chapter 48: Roomies
Chapter 49: Girl Talk
Chapter 50: Friends Assemble
Chapter 51: Get Ready
Chapter 52: The Promised Date
Chapter 53: Special Night
Chapter 54: Wonderful Morning
Chapter 55: The Bad Traveler & The Powerful Traveler
Chapter 56: The 2nd & 3rd Traveler
Chapter 57: The 4th Traveler
Chapter 58: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 1)
Chapter 59: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 2)
Chapter 60: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 3)
Chapter 61: Help me, Help You
Chapter 62: Papa
Chapter 63: Boom! Plan!
Chapter 64: I'm Still Standing
Chapter 65: Eye for an Eye
Chapter 66: Let's Get Down to Business
Chapter 67: My Little Star
Chapter 68: The Sand Woman
Chapter 69: Don't Give Up!!
Chapter 70: To Dream Is To Die
Chapter 71: Timeless
Chapter 72: The Beginning Of The End

Chapter 27: Cinderella & The Beast

457 25 1
By _Weeb_Writer_

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

There were too many people to see a little cat roaming around. You were pushing past a few people to try to find Jane who was just with you. "She would leave without saying anything but she was looking forward to tonight." You were talking to yourself as you were crouching a bit to try to find Jane through the crowd. Finding a little cat in this humongous crowd was making you grow super anxious 'What if she gets stepped on? Does she know where we are? She told me she would tell me what she was hiding tonight, did she run away while she had the chance? No - Jane wouldn't do that. I know in my heart she wouldn't. I have to know if what she is hiding is what I am thinking . . . and if . . . If I am right . . .' You stopped in your tracks and tried to calm your breathing. You looked up to the full moon that was hovering over the city. Gleaming brightly. Looming the dark sky with its beautiful glow. 'What will I -' You were bumped into which made you take your eyes off the moon to apologize to the person you bumped into. That was before you recognized the person you bumped by.

"(Y/n)?" the person asked with concern behind his voice. It was Kite who you bumped into. "Oh, Hi Kite." You lightly chuckle to avoid him asking the question if something was wrong. You didn't want to worry him on this special night. You didn't want to ruin anyone's night over you. "Are you okay?" Kite asked the question you didn't want him to ask anyway. He was wearing a black suit with a black dress shirt instead of a classic white dress shirt under. He had a dark green tie with his suit and he was with his little brother, Haruto, who was in a matching suit but with a yellow tie. They looked absolutely adorable in your eyes. You smiled softly and nod. "I am quite fine, Kite." You crouched and poked Haruto's cheek "It is good to see you again Haruto. It has been a while hasn't it?" Haruto giggled when you poked his cheek which made your smile grow more. "We were just about to get some punch. Join us!" Haruto insisted. He was holding Kite's sleeve which reminded you of Mokuba. How he would hold Kaiba's sleeve when he was anxious or to make sure he was still beside him. Brotherly bonds you got to see in both timelines.

You pat Haruto's head "I will be right there after I fix my heel. I fear I must have caught something on it." You lied about your heel. It was an excuse to look around for Jane some more. Nonetheless the boys believed you. "We will prepare a cup for you then! Come on Kite! I think I see Yuma and the others over there! Hurry! Hurry!" Haruto tugged Kite to follow him. Kite looks at you then his brother then back at you "Go on Kite." You chuckle as you can see Kite was torn from wanting to check on you and having fun with his little brother. Once you told him to hurry along with his brother, he let his brother drag him along to the large table with an immense amount of overwhelming food and drinks. You watched them go over to the others who were happy to see them. 'They look so happy . . .' You looked over to your right to see Kari with Hiro who you knew was crushing over Kari for the longest time in the office. She never looked so happy within another person's presence. Not with you or any other co-workers. The orchestra played "Amore Mio Aiutami (My Love)" that was constructed by a man named Piero Piccino (A/N: That is not a character, that is the actual musician who coordinated this piece). You watched your bestfriend take Hiro's hand and they went over to the dance floor to dance to this lovely slow song.

It was a beautiful song for this perfect dreamy night. Kari looked so swept off her feet and Hiro looked at her with such tenderness and adoration towards her. When they made a turn your mind imagined it was you and Yami dancing across the dance floor. Just the two of you. No one else is present in this ball room. He would have been leading the two of you as you were just following mindlessly along with his footing. Too entranced within the moment to try to take the lead and let him sweep you away. Yami would have had the same look in his eyes as he always had with you. Nothing but love and endless kindness. Your heart was aching as you turned away from Kari and Hiro who were back as themselves and not your imagination of what you wholeheartedly desired. You forced yourself to remain focused. "I gotta find Jane." You whisper to yourself as you were about to go search for Jane you felt someone had taken your wrist and gently tugged it for you to turn around. "Haruto, I said I would be there in a bit. Give me a . . ." You turned to who you thought would be Haruto who had your wrist to probably drag you back. Instead it was a person you did not recognize in the slightest. They were someone you never seen before and were pretty sure no one you knew had known this person who held your arm.

It was a beautiful woman who had a hold on your wrist. Her hair was a scarlet red that was wavy and long, up to that back of her knees at most. Two strands were braided and tied to the back that had a green teardrop shaped hair pin that pinned the strands together. She wore a blinding shimmering fabric black slim dress. The dress had a hugging shoulder neckline which captivated her collarbones. Her dress was not the only thing blinding but her jewelry of choice was gorgeous. One of her wrist had a recognizable bracelet that was a purple ribbon with the Horus eye as its charm. Her other wrist contained a diamond band that complimented her dangling diamond earrings and her princess style necklace that was also of diamonds. The woman looked stunning, beautiful, incredibly tall and slightly masculine for a woman your age, and almost as if she was from another world. You could not say any words to this mysterious woman. She looked around your age but somehow she made you feel like you didn't even look your own age. What captivated you about this woman were her eyes. They were these engulfing emerald green that reminded you of a stunning jewel. It also reminded you of someone.

The woman had taken her hand off your wrist to hold out her hand to you with a charismatic look in her eyes while her lips curved up to a gentle smile "May I have this dance, my lady." You could have sworn your heart stopped once she spoke. You were too stunned to even speak but your hand did the talking, well answering, for you. You slipped your hand on top of her soft palms that tugged you gently towards her. Having a hand on your waist as she guided you over to the dance floor within a sweeping instant. "J-Jane?" You fumbled over her own name. The beautiful woman instantly chuckled when you spoke her name. "Yes, my lady. I am Jane." She confirmed it to you through her light hearted laugh. Jane gently let go of your waist to twirl you for a few seconds to then bring you ever so swiftly into her arms. Continuing to dance to the orchestra. "H-How is this possible? Y-You were a cat not even a few minutes ago!" You whispered yelled the last part. Jane gestured with her head to look up and you did without a second thought. You were confused because the only thing you saw was the moon, you faced back to Jane. "I can only remain in this form only upon the moon because of the curse bestowed on me . . . It is why I told you about my second request that it could only be asked when here at the ball, my lady." There was a hint of sadness behind those captivating green eyes of hers.

It was starting to make sense of why she was super excited for tonight. Not because of just the fancy dresses and the ball itself but because she finally was going to be able to show you her true self. If you wanted, you would have cried right then and there. You refrain yourself from doing so though. It also explained why she suddenly disappeared on you a few minutes ago. There was something that she said that made you worry - the curse. A curse that was on Jane. She confirmed the suspicions Kari had about her being the traitor that Yami Bakura and The Winged Dragon of Ra mentioned to you before in the past. It answered your suspicions of her hiding something but you knew there was more to this story. Something Jane promised to tell you after the ball.

"You could have asked for anything other than a dance tonight. Why a dance?" You asked while she spun the two of you around. Jane looked at you endearingly " . . . I have longed for a moment like this with you for 3,000 years . . . I wouldn't have chosen to ask you for anything else than a single moment with you like this to be a precious memory for me, my lady . . ." She pulled you closer to an embrace which you didn't mind from her. Your nose caught the scent of lavender coming from her perfume she chose to wear tonight. 'Before I have to tell you what I must tell you later on tonight . . . Please let me have this . . . Even for a fleeting moment . . .' Jane thought to herself with her eyes closed and rested her cheek on your shoulder. You smiled when she did that and just let her take in this moment.

Meanwhile, Kari was approached by her brother Yuma with Tori and the others. They were standing on the side lines now as another song played but they were resting after the last song. "Hm?" Hiro took notice of the others "Oh this must be your little brother Yuma. It is a pleasure to meet you." Hiro smiled kindly to the youngsters who approached him and his date, Kari. Kari turned to look at her brother "Yeah, nice to meet cha, anyways Kari" Yuma knew he was being rude to Hiro but he had to skip the introductions to get Kari's attention. Yuma turned to the dancefloor and pointed to you and Jane. "Who is that with (Y/n)?" Kari looked over to where Yuma pointed to. She was just as confused as everyone else was. "I don't know who that is myself either Yuma." Kari narrows her eyes in suspicion of this unknown woman. Poor Hiro was beside her, only seeing just two women dancing with each other like normal, he was completely confused. Once Jane lifted her head from your shoulder and released you from the embrace to spin around with you across the dance floor. Kari's eyes widened as she knew those eyes that kept haunting her these past few weeks "Jane." She said without thinking.

The group of middle schoolers, with Haruto as an exception since he is an elementary school kid, let out a "HUH?!" in unison which Kari had to hush them before they made the two of you notice they were watching the two of you. "I didn't know she could turn human." Cathy pouted with a little sadness in her voice. That is because Cathy was disappointed Jane was no longer a cute kitty cat. Caswell comforted her with a few pats on her shoulder. "Say what now?" Hiro blinked at what Cathy casually said which made Cathy and Caswell flinch. They forgot Hiro doesn't know about Jane once being a cat or even as a talking cat for that matter. "Oh nothing" Kari laughs as she waves her hand to Hiro for him not to bother thinking too much of what Caswell and Cathy just said.

"Let's leave them for now." Kite grabbed everyone's attention as his eyes were on you and Jane. His silver stern eyes soften with a smile manifesting on his face. "They are going to need it guys . . ." Everyone was silent. None of them opinionated on his words. Just silent agreement that was full of wavering sadness. Kari took in a breath through her nose and let out a sigh before clearing her throat soon after "Go on now, less worrying and more partying!" She shooed the teenagers away who forced a smile to her before they became real ones when they went to the dance floor to dance themselves. Kari lingered on you and Jane for a few long seconds before she resumed her date like nothing major was going on. Hiro wanted to ask but his gut told him it was best to not to ask her anything about the whole ordeal that just went down.

»»--♡--««

The night felt like it was long but it also felt like it was short at the same time. It came as it went. You danced with Jane but also with the others. Introducing Jane to them and they danced with Jane not too long after. Especially Cathy who was bummed out about her not being a cat but Caswell encouraged her to dance with her since it would be a once in a night time chance to have fun with Jane at a reasonable height. All of you stuffed yourself with the food at the food bar which was delicious as hell. The mayor really went all out for this night for all his city's guests. Hiro had been pulled away from yours and Kari's boss to talk about some business. This gave you all the opportunity to sneak into your office building to the roof to wait for the firework show that will conclude the ball. The office was near so it was easy to make your way to the place for this.

Jane was standing in the far back from the group holding one of her arms to hug half of herself. Watching everyone from afar how excited they were to see the fireworks that would be popping off in 2 minutes. You felt a pair of eyes on you and you turned around to meet with Jane's gaze. "Jane?" Jane had the look of worry written across her face. Jane took in a deep breath "I have to keep the end of my bargain, my lady." Everyone turned around too since they noticed you weren't looking at the sky with them. Kari overheard and she stood right beside you as support for what Jane had to say. " . . . I am the traitor that brought such destruction to your kingdom and because I tried to fix my wrongs you are stuck with the curse casted upon me from the Egyptian Gods ." You were expecting most of what she told you but when she mentioned she tried to fix it, that piqued your curiosity.

"You are not human are you Jane? If that even is your real name." Kira had her arm extended out in front of you. Prepared to take anything Jane might have thrown at you. "What do you mean telling her everything?" Bronk was confused as Rio looked at Jane then at you. "What's going on?" Haruto asked as Kite placed a hand on his head "Jane is going to tell us the truth. What you have been hiding from us. From (Y/n). Am I right?" Jane looked at Kite and nods. There was no fooling Kite. He was already suspecting from the very beginning but kept his suspicions to himself. Yuma gently lowered Kari's arm and gave a quick smile to her to assure her that there was no need to be hostile towards Jane. He knew deep in his heart Jane meant no harm to them so there was no need to be on guard. You stepped forward to Jane.

Jane kneeled down on one knee in front of you "Kari is right, I am not of this world but of another. I am the Legendary Knight, The 4th guardian that was exiled from the Monster World Domain. I am Maiden Jane." She said with her head hung low and her hand over her heart.

Jane's hand was trembling as well as her entire body. Her hand soon formed into a fist "I didn't mean for any of this to happen." she clenched her teeth and raised her head up to look up to you. She then came up with an idea but the idea she knew was going to lead to much sorrow. Jane stood up with her hand now no longer in a fist but still over her heart. "It is best if I show you instead. Show you of the tragedy." Jane looked down to you with a little concern behind her eyes "Are you prepared to see the untold truth behind everything? It will not show your past memories before we met my lady but only my memories which contain most of your past." Jane holds her hand that was over her heart to show the bracelet that used to be her collar of her cat form but now it took form as a handmade bracelet instead. "These memories were unlocked from this charm after you summoned The Winged Dragon of Ra after you dueled Yami Marik. When we first encountered each other, my memories before then were forced to be sealed in the charm. I had the answers but the charm took them away and could not be simply unlocked for me to remember to tell you. Only until that duel was I able to remember it all. Because it was a precaution from the gods that I don't recreate my mistake even though I wouldn't have." Jane explained the significance of the charm. It was not her power though since she never said it was hers from that explanation.

"Is it possible for all of us to be able to see it too?" Shark stepped up to be on the other side of you. Rio came up to be right at her brother's side. Everyone gathered around you and Jane. "If that is alright with you, my lady. For them to accompany you down this path. It is not going to be a pleasant sight so heed my warning now." Kari placed a hand on your shoulder and you placed your hand on top of hers. Looking over to the young friends you had who were all having the same look in their eyes. They wanted to go forward with you on this even if you argued for them to stay behind. These kids were too stubborn for their own good to let you go again on your own after they just got you back. They learned it from your own stubborn ass to do this on your own. You smiled at them and faced Jane again. Having a determined look in your (e/c). "I wish for them to come with me, Jane." Jane took a moment to process what you said. Not a moment after, she took her charm off her bracelet that was once her cat's form collar.

Once she did a high pitch white noise was heard amongst everyone's ears. The fireworks that colored the night sky had no noise but sparkled the night with its fire powder it spawned from igniting. Your surroundings became black and everyone was standing in the abyss with water beneath your shoes. The same place where you and Yuma usually meet up in your dream meetings with one another. Haruto clung to Kite's suit jacket. Kite took his hand off from his jacket to hold his little brother's hand to not lose him while in this dark space. "This is where I would meet (Y/n) to keep updates with her." Yuma stated to the others who gazed at him for guidance in this place. Jane was standing in front of you all and gestured with her hand to follow her. You follow her with no question. All the way up to a giant golden door that had an engraved handle. Jane had her hand on the handle but turned back to everyone "Beyond this point, you must see it all through. There is no turning back until it is over. Are you all ready?" Jane was asking them again to make sure if they still wanted to go through with this. Afraid they might not be able to handle the horrors behind the door.

No response of wanting to turn back came from the group. Only firm nods to move forward were all Jane received. Jane turned back and pulled both the handles of the door to spread the door wide open.

Everyone was met with a blinding green light.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 1K 12
Your name is y/n, a school has taken interest in you. Sadly, you must say goodbye to your parents for the school is dormitory. When you arrive after...
1.8K 47 10
Just like my oneshot book that was for Yugi Muto and the Reader, this collection of oneshots is for Yami Yugi x Reader and Atem x Reader . I will be...
32.3K 722 10
DISCLAIMER: MATURE/18+ CONTENT INSIDE INCLUDING SMUT, SOME VIOLENCE AND LANGUAGE! EVERYONE'S AGE INCLUDING THE READER'S AGE ALONG WITH THE TWO LOVE I...
1.4K 39 15
Duelist Kingdom is won and everyone is safe once more. Joey is able to help his sister and save her sight. Upon helping Serenity, Joey meets her frie...