Hate You Most | Kurapika x re...

By Lovely_Meadows

❝We're just two people using each other. Nothing more; nothing less.❞ After her brother's murder, Y/n finds h... More

☽ ✧ ☾
[Prologue]
[Chapter 1] - The Meeting
[Chapter 2] - Timeline
[Chapter 3] - His Body
[Chapter 4] - Rising Tension
[Chapter 5] - New Developments
[Chapter 6] - The Light In the Dark
[Chapter 7] - Beau and Blue
[Chapter 8] - The Bull Market
[Chapter 9] - Sunlight
[Chapter 10] - Mukatolini's Lithograph
[Chapter 12] - A Suspicion Confirmed
[Chapter 13] - It All Falls Silent
[Chapter 14] - The Stain of a Killer
[Chapter 15] - Storm on the Horizon
[Chapter 16] - This Uneasy Feeling
[Chapter 17] - A Change of Tactics
[Chapter 18] - Impact
[Chapter 19] - The Chairman's Student
[Chapter 20] - Silain
[Chapter 21] - Linssen
[Chapter 22] - The Doctor
[Chapter 23] - The Thirteenth Floor
[Chapter 24] - For the Last Time *
[𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 25] - 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘗𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘰𝘮 𝘛𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘱𝘦
[𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 26] - 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

[Chapter 11] - Together, Threatened Again

969 37 87
By Lovely_Meadows

☽ ✧ ☾

Just as he was leaving, Kurapika turned around and took a moment, "good work," he said just before closing the door behind him – but the door never shut.

A hand stopped the door in place. Kurapika felt a hand snake around his arm. It held on tightly as it pulled him back. Y/n breathed softly in his ear. She closed the bedroom door behind her and stood silently behind him as neither of them moved.

It was dark. The hallway in Kurapika's apartment was windowless. His eyesight was completely dark which heightened his senses. He felt the warmth on his skin coming from behind him. He slowly turned around, Y/n's grip loosening as he did so. Her hand slid down his arm and to his hand.

His breaths were slow, matching hers as she slowly brought his hand to her back. He instinctively pulled her closer. Their chests touched ever so lightly, but with their heightened senses, it felt like an electric shock.

"I like when you praise me," she whispered. She leaned in closer to him as he stood speechless. Her hands moved up to his face. She slipped one arm around his neck. With her other hand, she traced his jawline with her fingers, lightly teasing him. She couldn't see his face, but his skin was hot to the touch.

Kurapika pulled her even closer to him with the hand she had placed on her back. "Yeah?" he whispered. Their faces were as close as a couple of nights ago, inches apart.

Y/n melted at his voice. A voice she missed longingly. Being together had done something to her. She didn't know what it was or why, but she couldn't stop thinking about him. He consumed her mind throughout the day and night.

Being apart had broken any rationality she held that night. Y/n leaned forward and pressed her lips against his, all forms of clear judgment leaving her thoughts. He didn't refuse and found himself consumed with the soft touch of her lips against his. The kiss was gentle as they clung to each other.

Kurapika walked forward, moving Y/n back. Her back met the door as they relaxed into each other's touch. He held her tightly, hand on her back while the other rested on the wall, keeping balance.

Y/n's body burned as she snaked her hand into his hair. She pulled his head back as they caught their breaths, but Kurapika quickly found her lips again. This time, the kiss was more passionate, more needy, rougher. It was clear they craved each other to the point where they could no longer hold back. When the tension became too high, they just couldn't stop themselves.

Their lips burned as they were led deeper into the kiss. Y/n's arms wrapped around his neck in an attempt to pull him closer to her, closer than he already was. She was needy, and she needed more of his touch.

Kurapika held rationality by a thread but quickly reeled it back in as he pulled back from her. Y/n panted as she tried to catch her breath. He slid a thumb across her lips. She grabbed his wrist bringing his hand away from her face, slipping her hand into his.

Kurapika leaned to the side of her face, "sleep," he whispered in her ear.

Goosebumps quickly spread over her body as he pulled away from her. He grabbed hold of the doorknob behind her and twisted it revealing the moonlight from the bedroom window. The light illuminated the two. Both of their lips visibly swelled.

Y/n stood in the doorway, leaning against it as her shoulder pressed into the wood, "you look like you need sleep yourself," she stated quietly. She stared into his eyes which were now illuminated by the moonlight. His eyes sparkled – and she could have sworn that they were burning the scarlet color of his earrings.

"Go," he whispered, watching her slowly back into the bedroom.

She hugged the door with her body as she slowly closed the door, "night," she smiled, fully closing the door.

☽ ✧ ☾

The morning exchanges between the two partners were rather tame the next morning. It could have been because they had time to cool off, or it might have been the fact that they were avoiding their mindless actions of the night before. It was as if they went back to how they were.

"Morning," Y/n announced drowsily. She walked out into the living room where she was greeted by Kurapika. He sat comfortably on the couch, a book in hand. He wore loose white button-up shirt and black slacks. In front of him was a steaming cup of golden tea.

"Morning," he greeted, eyes still glued to the pages of his book. His grey eyes scanned the lines of words, left to right. Though his gaze was trained on the book, his mind was elsewhere.

Even with space on the other side of the couch, Y/n walked towards the couch and slid herself between the armrest and Kurapika. He looked over to the girl but didn't make a comment, returning to his light reading.

"You were in my spot," she pointed out.

The sun beamed down on the two. Perfect lighting for reading; perfect for warming the skin. Y/n leaned closer to Kurapika to see the pages in his book. After Kurapika flipped a page, she began reading along, page by page, as he read through the chapters. Her head rested gently on his shoulder, his body heat and the warmth of the sun's rays warming her skin.

The tale was nothing memorable, but reading there in silence, against each other, was. The chapters were short and sweet. The story finished quickly and Kurapika held the final page between his fingertips.

The last words were read and Kurapika closed the book. He gently placed it down in front of him and grabbed the tea. He slowly brought the cup to his lips, taking a small sip. He moved the cup to Y/n. She obliged the offer, bringing her lips to the cup. The aroma was pleasant, and the taste was sweet with grassy notes, a light green tea.

"Thanks," she smiled.

He gave her a light smile as he continued to drink the tea. They both watched the early morning rush hour outside of the window. The cars barely moved; the entire lane backed up. The opposite road on the other hand was empty, cars zoomed quickly by.

"When do you want to get going?" she asked quietly.

He peered over at the girl who rested softly on his shoulder. Her hair rested gently on his button-up, flowing in all directions. It was clear she had slept well. Her eyes continued to gaze towards the open and bright city.

"Whenever you'd like," he said.

Y/n turned to Kurapika slowly with a smile on her face, "what if I want to stay here?" she asked, a small smirk forming on her face.

Kurapika's face was unchanging, "what do you mean by that?" he questioned.

Her smirk dropped. Y/n scanned Kurapika's face, her eyes falling down to his neck. She gently grabbed the collar of his button-up and ran her fingers along its edge, "I can show you," she said looking up at him.

Kurapika's eyes widened at the sudden and unexpected change in behavior. He stared down at her.

She let out a small laugh, "I'm just playing with you," she pushed him on the shoulder, "come on, let's go."

☽ ✧ ☾

They were on the airplane once more. It was a silent and empty flight as usual because who would want to make a trip to Meteor City?

Y/n sat closest to the window after Kurapika willingly gave up his seat. He knew she loved to look out the window, even when she isn't bored. Kurapika sat in the aisle seat. This was because Y/n had taken up the middle seat with her legs which were stretched out comfortably, almost touching Kurapika. Her back rested against the plane's walls.

Kurapika minded his business as Y/n read one of the books she brought from his shelf. He was responding to messages from his subordinates, coordinating with Melody and Basho on the Yorknew Underground Auction. The auction was only days away.

If he could, he would choose not to attend the auction. It was eating away at his nights in preparation. That is in addition to his convoluted plans.

The entire reason for attending the auction was for the reputation of the Yorknew Mafia, but also for his personal plans. Kurapika had received a tip from someone that the people he was looking for would be attending. The same people who might have a connection to Y/n's case. It was all too strange.

Kurapika failed to see how everything connected. His leads were finally revealing some information to him, yet he was confused. Just how were all these groups connected? Y/n and Togari, the Zoldyck Family, the Hunter Association, the mafia – it just didn't make sense.

Kurapika glanced over to Y/n. She had gone through so much, probably lots more that he didn't know about, that he'd never know. He could sympathize with her, and he knew the pain of losing people he loved.

He wondered how she was holding up. She acted happy and outgoing, passionate and sweet, but were the smiles at all true?

Kurapika felt a light tap on the side of his leg. He broke out of his trace and met the girl's eyes. She had gotten his attention by nudging him with her feet.

"Why are you spacing out?" she asked with a smile, "are you admiring me?"

He huffed, "as if," he rejected.

The two partners held eye contact, Y/n still wearing her mischievous smile. Kurapika watched her warily, her expression putting him on guard.

Y/n looked down and laughed lightly. She sighed, "come on," she raised her eyes to him, her head still tilted down, "admit it. You were staring at me so boldly."

"I wasn't," he stated.

Y/n leaned closer to him, "but you want to, don't you?"

Kurapika stayed silent for a moment, "I –"

"I'm just joking," she interrupted, "I know you were lost in your head dumbass," she laughed, returning to her seat.

She got comfortable again in her seats, stretching out her legs as she had done before. She sighed and returned to her reading.

Kurapika just sat and stared at the girl. Maybe he wasn't admiring her before, but he was now.

☽ ✧ ☾

"Whoever Kelsie sold the bullets to, is the prime suspect at the moment," Y/n reaffirmed as the two partners walked through the barren streets of Meteor City.

"But what was the motive? It still remains unclear," Kurapika reminded her.

Y/n hummed, "yes, but this is our only lead."

The mood from that morning had quickly flipped into a more serious tone. With clues at their fingertips, they didn't have him to talk. Rather, they were entirely focused. A new lead was right within their grasp, – and they weren't going to lose it.

They continued to walk in silence until the familiar building came into view. They pushed open the door and stepped into the bar. The same unamused and drunk appearing faces scattered the bar. They held drinks in their hands as they spoke with friends. Some rowdy, some silent. It was a sketchy place, a place to make trades out of the eyes of others.

Y/n stepped in with confidence, not making eye contact with anyone, but rather keeping her sight ahead of her as she walked to the bar. Behind the counter stood Kelsie, or Blue, as she wiped down the surface.

Kelsie looked up to see the two partners, "I was wondering when you'd come. Took you some time," she said.

Y/n gave her an unamused look, "you didn't even believe we could obtain it, why are you acting like we took centuries?"

Kelsie chuckled, "true, but you've got it... right?"

Y/n raised her brow at her, "that's why we're here," she stated.

"One minute," Kelsie said, "I've got to deal with some customers."

Kurapika and Y/n stood silently at the bar, waiting for Kelsie to return.

Y/n found it funny how they had met Kelsie through Kikyo Zoldyck. It was funnier however that Kikyo had friends. That woman was gravely ill-tempered.

Kurapika's fingers tapped on the bar counter in impatience. The long-awaited truth would reveal itself shortly. That is if Kelsie hurried up. Kurapika could usually stand patient, but today he couldn't seem to stop himself. Maybe it was because of the anxieties.

Kurapika felt a small tap on his hand. He looked down at a small boy. He looked up at the man with big eyes. Kurapika smiled at the sight of Beau. The young boy appeared well in the care of Kelsie. He was happy.

Y/n quickly took notice of the child and her smile increased tenfold when Beau turned to her with a grin adorning his face. She quickly bent down to the boy's level, "hi," she greeted him.

The boy gave her a small wave. It was his version of a hello, a silent greeting.

"Are you doing well here Beau?" Y/n asked with a smile.

Beau nodded his head with a big smile, mirroring hers.

"Good," she said, patting his head.

Kelsie walked up to the group. She clicked her tongue at the girl, "let's go," she motioned for them. They were led to the backroom once again. It was only days ago when they last stepped into the record-filled room. Nothing had changed.

As Kelsie scanned the shelves of records, Y/n took a seat around the round table. Kurapika stood behind her, hands resting on the corners of the chair's back. Y/n could feel his touch as his fingers gently pressed into her back. She tilted her head up to look at him. He was watching Kelsie's movements. Her gaze fell over his jawline as she followed it to his ear.

Feeling her gaze, Kurapika looked down to meet her eyes. She didn't avert his eye contact but rather smirked. His face remained solum at her actions and returned to watching the woman as she looked through the bookshelves.

Kelsie scanned the record's dates and pulled out a notebook that looked like the rest. It was dated five years in the past. The sleek black notebook was placed on the table in front of the woman. She sat down across from Y/n; a serious expression aimed toward the girl.

"Show me," Kelsie ordered.

Y/n looked up to the man and silently motioned for him to take out the lithograph. Kurapika reached into his interior coat pocket and pulled out the card. He held it in between two fingers. He flipped the card front to back, showing the authenticity of the lithograph.

"Give it here," Kelsie said, motioning for Kurapika to come forward with her hand.

"No," Kurapika said, "give us the information we came here for."

Kurapika was stern with his response. He had gone through many deals. Such are the responsibilities of being a leader of a Mafia group.

"I won't do that," she responded, not budging, "give me the lithograph first."

"I won't," he stated.

"You need this information. I on the other hand don't need the lithograph, I already have the other 49," she declared.

Y/n didn't bother jumping in. She was confident Kurapika had the situation under control. She sat and watched Kelsie's reactions.

"Something tells me this is important if you'd go to the lengths to get Mukatolini's Lithograph," Kelsie smirked.

"True," Kurapika said, "but I'm assuming you couldn't get it yourself, which means you needed us."

Kelsie's expression faltered for a moment. It was so slight, but Y/n was able to catch the change in expression as she intently observed the woman.

"What would happen if we held onto this?" he asked, watching the woman, "you'd be unable to complete the set." Kurapika ensnared her into a ­deceitful trap.

The information was higher valued than the lithograph. The lithograph was easily obtained with the correct info, which they were privy to along with others. Whereas the information, which held secrecy, was more difficult to obtain as it was only privy to two parties.

While Kelsie weighed the value of the lithograph against the information she had, it was clear which one she valued more. Even though the privacy of her clients was top secret, she had an ace up her sleeve.

She sighed, "fine." Kelsie covered her smile that threatened to escape.

She handed over the notebook. Y/n reached out and grabbed it from her hand. Y/n could tell something was off with Kelsie, and warily kept an eye on the woman. The sudden expression shift from serious to bright was alarming.

Kurapika handed Y/n the lithograph and she the notebook. She held the card out in front if Kelsie. Her eyes sparkled at the up-close sight of the final piece to her collection. She smiled and reached out her hand to grab the lithograph, but when she took hold of it, Y/n refused to let go.

"Page?" Y/n asked sternly.

Kelsie looked up to the girl. Y/n's face showed no sign of messing around. It wasn't so much a question, but a demand to tell her.

Kelsie had always thought of Y/n as a stern yet a sweet person. She did save Beau from the drug cartel after all. Though, at that moment, all Kelsie could feel was the goosebumps running down her body. She wasn't sweet nor stern; she was apathetic and blunt.

"Twelve," she responded fearful of the girl, though she tried her best to cover her expressions.

Kurapika flipped the notebook open to the twelfth page. His eyes lingered as he scanned through the recorded transactions. His eye was caught by something on the page. He felt himself start to become dizzy.

Y/n let go of the lithograph, worried about her partner, "what?" she asked.

Kelsie was knocked back into her chair after Y/n let go of the card. She held it preciously in her hands and watched her two new clients timidly.

Kurapika's head hung low as he stared down at the page, still standing behind the girl. Y/n turned around in her chair and looked up at the blond. As soon as her eyes met his, she felt herself freeze. In his eyes danced little specs of red – scarlet.

She stood up quickly, grabbing a hold of his face, "are you okay?" she asked.

She was getting worried he was straining his eyes. He might have popped a blood vessel. Even at her contact, Kurapika's eyes remained on the page. Y/n looked down to where he was so intently focused. She found the bullets transaction record. Her eyes scanned one word spelled in all caps.

"SPIDERS."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 4.5K 48
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
677K 15.3K 44
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
498K 18.1K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
154K 5.5K 90
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...