Home// Scott McCall

By voidhales1242

COVER CREDITS TO JENNIE! I AM SO EXCITED TO HAVE SUCH AN AMAZING COVER! IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND EXACTLY WHAT I HA... More

Cast
~SOUNDTRACK~
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
NEW STORY: Season 2

~8~

4.4K 111 29
By voidhales1242

Chapter 8: Kate Argent

Chapter Song: Puppy Dog Eyes

"But I want more, I'm sure. But the problem is, I just love your puppy dogs eyes."

~
         Isabella parked her car along the side of Allison's house, not wanting to invade in their driveway. Isabella sighed while getting out of her car and walked up the driveway seeing that Allison had already gotten there. Isabella wasn't surprised that she had beat her seeing as she cried in her car for at least 10 minutes. Isabella still wasn't fully recovered from the crying, but she had to put on a brave face. She needed to get that bullet.

Right as Isabella reached the drive way, she heard the aggressive squeaks of bike tires. Isabella looked to her right to see Scott stopping his bike in the driveway, kicking down the kickstand.

She looked at him in confusion and chuckled, "How did you even get here so fast? I didn't even give you directions. "

"I just followed your scent." Scott said as if it was the simplistic thing and that it didn't mean anything. To Isabella it did, it meant a lot that he already had a lock on her scent.

Isabella smiled at him, walked over and grabbed his hand," You ready?"

Scott smiled and squeezed her hand, she took that as his answer. The two of them began walking up to the door hand in hand. Isabella hopped up the cement step leading to the door and knocked. Isabella pulled Scott up with her and patiently waited for someone to open the door.

Someone she had never met opened the door. The woman standing in the doorway had light brown hair and the same eyes as Allison, though when Isabella looked at her she didn't see sweet and kind like Allison, she saw evil. Isabella had no idea why but she just had a feeling as she stared at teens quizzically.

"Hello?" She asked giving the couple both strange looks as they just stood there staring at her.

Isabella smiled sweetly even though she already didn't trust the woman," Hi. I'm Isabella and this is Scott. We're friends of Allison. We're supposed to be having a study group. "

She looked Isabella up and down and then moved on to Scott. Her eyes stopped at their intertwined hands. She pointed at the both of them, " You two dating?"

Isabella nodded and pulled her and Scott's arm up, showing her their intertwined hands once again, " Yep."

She smiled and tilted her head before pointing at Isabella, "I like you."

That sucked because Isabella didn't like her that much. Nonetheless, Isabella smiled at her despite the bad feeling she had about her.

The woman opened the door wider and motioned for the teens to enter, "Well, come on in. Allison's in her room. "

Isabella walked in and pulled Scott's hand along with her. Scott and Isabella began walking towards the stairs to get to Allison's room.

When they reached the stairs and began walking up them, Scott whispered in Isabella's ear quietly, " Did you sense something off about her too?"

Isabella looked to him with a look of agreeance," Definitely, I don't like her. She seems off, way off. I don't know what's up with her, but I'm not really sure I want to find out."

Suddenly Scott stopped in place causing Isabella to jolt backwards at the abrupt stop. Isabella turned to him and rose her eyebrow at his horrified expression, " Izzy, I think I know who she is."

"What do you mean?" Isabella looked at him in shock and with her mouth wide open.

" I think it was her last night. The one who shot your dad."

Isabella looked down the stairs over her shoulder to see the woman watching them. Isabella gulped nervously and then began to pull Scott up the stairs again at a fast speed.

They reached the top of the stairs and she immediately pulled Scott in the direction of Allison's room in a hurry to get as faraway from that woman as possible. Allison's door was closed, but Isabella didn't even bother knocking since she came over all the time.

She honestly forgot about the possibility that Allison could have been naked before she barged in with Scott, luckily she wasn't. She was just sitting on her bed sorting through papers.

Allison looked up from her papers as she heard the door close. As soon as she saw the couple her smile grew, " Hey guys."

Isabella smiled back at her and looked around her room. Her eyebrows arched as she saw all the boxes still laying around, " You're still unpacking?"

Allison sighed and laughed lightly to herself, " Yeah, I guess I'm just taking my time. You know how that goes."

Isabella laughed as she nodded her head in understanding and let go of Scott's hand to sit next Allison on the bed.

Isabella immediately looked over Allison's huge pile of papers, "Already studying without us, I see."

Isabella nudged Allison playfully and smirked. Allison chuckled in response, " I was just sorting the papers. So we could get started faster and have more time."

Isabella smiled at her and looked at more of the papers, " Good thinking. When I study I never know where my papers are half the time."

Isabella then realized that Scott was still just standing in the middle of the room by himself. Isabella looked over at him and gently patted the bed, " You can sit down on here with us, you know? Or you can sit on the bean bag over there."

She pointed over to the corner of the room, that was usually her seat when Lydia was here. Scott could use it for the afternoon.

Scott laughed and sat down in the bean bag on the floor. Allison went back to sorting her papers and Isabella tried to help her, " Hey Allison? Who's that woman downstairs. I've never met her."

Allison laughed while continuing to sort through her papers, "Oh. That's my dad's sister Kate, but she's more like my sister. She got here last night."

" Oh. Nice." Isabella said looking at Scott with a worried expression. She couldn't help but think that he was right about Kate being the one to shoot Derek.

Isabella's phone then began ringing from inside her back pocket. Allison looked over at her as she pulled out her phone and gave Allison an apologetic glance. Isabella's worry spiked as soon as she saw that Stiles had texted her.

FROM BATMAN:
Did you find it yet?

Isabella frantically started typing, " Need more time."

She then slid her phone back in her pocket with a saddened sigh. She and Scott really needed to find the bullet or she was going to go out of her freaking mind.

Allison looked at Isabella and nodded her head towards her in question. "Who was that? It looked urgent."

Isabella nervously laughed it off and waved her hand dismissively, " Uh, just Stiles. Saying my dad got home safe."

Allison nodded and went back to her papers. Isabella needed to find something to distract her mind. She looked around the room and caught sight of a box full of little pictures and things.

She made a curious face at the box before sliding over on the bed to grab it. She picked out a paper with beautiful photos of nature on it. She assumed Allison took them.

Isabella slid back over to Allison and held it out to her so she could see it too," Did you take these?"

Allison turned her head and nicely grabbed the papers to see. She laughed and rolled her eyes, "Back when I thought I was a photographer. "

"They're really good." Isabella smiled at her genuinely. She wasn't lying to her, she rather enjoyed the pictures she took. Isabella thought nature was absolutely beautiful and that Allison's pictures did it justice.

Allison laughed again and observed the pictures with a shake of her head, "No, they're not. I stopped when I realized I was terrible at it. Framing's off, bad lighting - Believe me, not good. "

Isabella then slid over to the box again this time with Allison following. Isabella picked out a painting of fruits. There was a banana, an orange, an apple, and a pear on it.

Allison took this too from Isabella and laughed, " That was when I thought I was good at painting. Uh, terrible too."

Isabella smiled and laughed with her. Again she thought it was good, but she wasn't going to argue with Allison about it. Everyone is their own worst critic.

Isabella went back to the box and pulled out yet another thing from Allison's past. This time it was a pink portfolio that read: poetry. The writing on the cover was in perfect cursive. Isabella admired her penmanship before handing it to Allison.

" That's when I tried poetry. Terrible doesn't even come close to describing that."

"So then what are you good at?" Isabella said as she turned her head to look at Allison. The brunette was her best friend and she barely knew anything about her, she was genuinely curious.

Allison smirked at Isabella and pointed her finger in the air, "I'm gonna show you if you promise not to laugh." She then looked at Scott and pointed a finger at him playfully," You too. No laughing."

Scott put his hands up in surrender and laughed," I promise, but what about studying?"

Allison smirked and looked between Scott and Isabella as she said excitedly, " It can wait."

****

Allison opened the door to her garage with excitement flowing through her. Her hobby was special to her and she had been doing it since she was a child, she loved it. She was happy to share it with her friends, she at least hoped Scott was her friend too even though she was harsh on him sometimes. She only was mean when he hurt her friend, other than that she liked Scott McCall. He was a good guy.

Allison turned to Isabella and Scott while walking towards boxes all lined up on the side of the room, " So I was nationally ranked as a kid, and my dad really wanted me to go on, but I don't know. I just didn't really like it back then. Promise you won't laugh?"

She then stopped and gave the two of them a pleading look. She didn't want them making fun of her. This was important to her.

Isabella smiled and hit her shoulder playfully, " We promise. Come on, show us."

Allison bent down with a nod of her head while Isabella looked at Scott and smiled. When Isabella turned back around she jumped in fear and grabbed onto Scott's shirt burying her head into his chest with a yelp. Scott grabbed the small of her back and held Isabella as she tried to slow her heartbeat.

Allison had held a compound bow in Isabella's face when she had turned back around to her. It had scared the shit out of her. She thought her best friend was gearing up to kill her. She had thought Allison had learned her secret.

Isabella slowly took her head off of Scott's chest. She stayed in his arms and looked at Allison with scared eyes. Allison lowered her bow as she saw Isabella's reaction and laughed. It was better in her opinion than a laugh coming from Isabella's mouth.

"What's that?" Isabella heard Scott ask as he still held her softly. Neither one of them had made a move to separate from each other and Isabella actually really liked it.

" It's a compound bow, "she then looked at Isabella with a mocking smile, " and I'm pretty sure it requires an arrow to be harmful."

"Oh Haha. So funny Allison." Isabella said sarcastically as she glared at her mockingly.

" So, that's what your good at, archery?" Scott asked as he ran his hands down Isabella's arm protectively.

Allison bent down and placed her bow back on the ground. She then popped up after securing it back in its place and said," She said you guys wouldn't laugh."

" Trust me-" Isabella said looking around the garage.

Isabella's eyes landed on a cabinet full of guns and ammo. Her eyes widened in shock and fear. All of their weaponry was in plain sight and it scared the hell out of her to know she could be killed with any one of them.

Isabella knew Scott had noticed too because his heartbeat was rising fast as he stared. Isabella gulped nervously and shook her head in disbelief, " He's not laughing."

Isabella then began walking away from Allison and towards the cabinet, letting go of Scott's warm embrace. Isabella had never seen that  many guns and to know they had that many that they could use to kill her was scary. Isabella was now afraid of Allison's family for the first time since she'd been there. Allison and Scott came up behind her as they also observed the cabinet.

"So...I guess I should explain. We're not some sort of separatist gun-nut family." She then directed her hands towards the cabinet as if presenting it, "My dad sells firearms to law enforcement."

Isabella knew this was complete bullshit, but maybe in Allison's mind it wasn't. In fact, Allison had no idea what the true family business was. She hadn't even ever heard the word werewolf in her house. Isabella couldn't believe she didn't know, that she didn't know they hunted werewolves.

Isabella gulped as she continued to stare at the weapons," Oh, that's good. So, um - Are you planning on joining the family business?"

"I don't know. I'm not really into the gun thing." Allison said with an indifferent expression and shrug.

Isabella was without a doubt happy to hear this. She didn't want to have to be scared of her best friend killing her.

Isabella smiled at her mockingly," Good because I think the bow makes you look more badass. Anyone can handle a gun but a bow? That takes talent."

Allison smiled at Isabella with an embarrassed blush and whispered," Thanks."

Chris then suddenly walked into the garage loudly interrupting all three teenagers. He seemed to not notice them until he turned his head in their direction. He jumped a little in surprise before he looked at the three of them with his arms crossed. He was trying to decipher what was happening.

He looked over them all and his eyes landed on Scott, staying on him solely, "Well, I don't believe we've met."

He walked over to the group of teens and continued to keep his gaze on Scott, "I'm Chris Argent. Allison's father."

"I'm Scott. Scott McCall. Um...I hope you don't think I'm with your daughter. I'm actually... I'm actua-" Scott stuttered out as he tried to speak to the intimidating man in front of him.

Isabella put her hand on his chest and smiled at Chris sweetly, " He's my boyfriend. And Allison said she needed people to study with so we came here together. "

"Why are you in the garage then?" Chris asked Isabella as he contained to stare down Scott.

He thought of Isabella like his own daughter because of how much she had been at his house and he was unsatisfied with meeting her boyfriend. No one was good enough for his daughters, blood or not.

" Uh...." Isabella stuttered out, not knowing what to say. She stood there silently for a few moments but quickly recovered and smiled widely at him, "We finished early and were looking through Allison's things. I saw some of her attempts at learning skills. She basically said she sucked at everything except one thing so, she came down here to show us her bow."

Not the whole thing was a lie just the part about finishing early. They didn't even study at all.

Chris finally too his gaze off of Scott and looked at Allison as he smiled, "Well that's nice."

Chris turned his head towards all three teens and pointed his thumb towards the garage door behind him," We have groceries outside if you two wouldn't mind helping to bring them in. "

Isabella immediately agreed as she smiled and nodded at him. Chris returned her smile and walked out of the room. He really cared for that blonde teenager, he was proud that she too seemed to act as part of their family. 

Isabella grabbed Scott's hand, following Chris to the car outside the house. Allison followed too and she silently cursed her father for embarrassing her best friends boyfriend, sometimes he was a little overprotective. Allison knew of Chris' liking for Isabella and she knew that he was never going to let Scott breathe. He was being judged by Chris Argent.

Scott and Isabella immediately got started with helping Chris and Allison's creepy Aunt Kate carry the groceries inside. When they finished Chris stood at the front door and looked at them sternly, " It's getting late. You should be heading home, Scott. Your mom is probably waiting at home for you."

His attention was slowly brought to Isabella only as he motioned for her to come inside, "Isabella, you can stay for dinner if you want."

Isabella began panicking. She pleaded internally for Chris to not make him leave. She needed him desperately. She hasn't even begun the search for the bullet. He dad wasn't going to live without that bullet. That night was slowly beginning to turn to shit.

As if the world could read her mind and had wanted to ruin her night farther, her phone went off in her pocket. She pulled it out to see it was Stiles...again.

BATMAN:
Derek not looking too good.

" Izzy?" Chris questioned when he noticed the girl had not made a move to come inside the house. He stood in the doorway and began to lean on the doorframe.

" Huh?" Isabella said looking up from her phone and making eye contact with Chris.

" Did you hear me?" He asked sternly. He knew he wasn't her real father, but he felt as if he was. He didn't want her leaving with Scott, he wanted her safely in her house.

Isabella stuttered out and shook her head," Yeah, Sorry I just got distracted."

Isabella was heartbroken that they hadn't gotten the bullet, she wouldn't be able to find it alone. Her dad was done for and it was her fault.

With a sigh she placed her phone in her pocket and began to walk up to house again, much to Chris' delight. Scott and her caught brief eye contact as he mounted his bike and he gave her a look of worry. He didn't want her to lose her dad, he couldn't handle seeing her broken if he died.

Isabella shrugged her shoulders in defeat before trudging up the outside stairs towards the Argent's front door. She had given up and she had no faith in herself to find the bullet now that Scott had to leave.

Scott sat on his bike and watched her approached Chris who was smiling at her whole heartedly. Chris grabbed Isabella's shoulders lightly and began to lead Isabella into the house, but they were both stopped as a voice cut through the outside air.

Kate had her hands on Scott's broad shoulders and she was smirking at her brother, " Oh, come on, really Chris? Your gonna let her stay but kick her boyfriend out? That's not very nice."

Chris looked at his sister with annoyance and shook his head, telling her to stop and let it go. Kate ignored him and pointed at Isabella with a smile, "You with the beautiful blue eyes." She patted Scott on the shoulder, "And you with adorable brown ones, get back inside. "

She gave Chris a challenging smirk and said with excitement, "You're both staying for dinner."

Isabella stood next to Chris excitedly as he still held her shoulders protectively. A knew hope had been lit in her because of Kate. She didn't really have a good feeling about her, but in that moment she was grateful for her. Scott was their key to success. She needed him to save her dad.

Kate led Scott up the front steps and as they passed Chris and Isabella she winked at the young girl playfully. Chris shook his head in disappointment before guiding Isabella in the door.

As he shut the door behind them, he shouted up to Scott, "You eat meat?"

Scott gave him a quick nod before scurrying into the dining room with Kate. Chris turned his head to Isabella and whispered into her ear," Quite an awkward one you got yourself, sweetheart."

Isabella looked up at Chris and laughed lightly, " Yeah, but he's my awkward one."

*****

Everyone was now sat around the dining room room table including Allison's mother, Victoria Argent, who Isabella thought was nice but she scared her sometimes. She just had this stare that shook you to your core and her deep red hair added to the fear. Isabella hoped she never had a bad encounter with her as a hunter.

Isabella, however, had not been scared in the moment. Scott was the one shaking in his shoes. His heart was beating out of his chest as he brought his water glass to his lips to sip it nervously. Isabella couldn't blame him though, the Argents could be pretty intimidating. Especially when you knew that they were certified werewolf hunters and you were one of those so called monsters.

Isabella reached under the table and grabbed his hand, hoping to calm him down. She needed him to know she was here for him just like he was here for her. As soon as Isabella's fingers laced with Scott's his heartbeat slowed down to a normal pace. Scott looked at her gratefully and took of a breath of relief. Isabella gave him a nod before turning her attention to her food.

Isabella slowly ate in the silent dining room, no one had made an attempt to talk. Chris had nothing to say, he was still angry at Kate and didn't like that the McCall boy was sat in his dining room. Isabella was too focused on thinking of how to get the bullet for her father to start any kind of conversation.

Everyone sat around awkwardly and in silence until Allison's mom cleared her throat and smiled at Scott, "Do you want something to drink besides water, Scott?"

Scott nervously gulped and slightly smiled while saying," Oh- no I'm good, thanks."

Isabella could practically still smell the anxiety all over him so she squeezed his hand and started running her thumb over the back of it. Chris watched the two of them with a intense gaze as he noticed how close their arms were to each other.

Isabella grabbed her water with her free hand and started to take a drink. Chris definitely could tell that the two of them were holding hands under the table as he watched Isabella.

Chris wiped his face clean of the food on his chin as he finally spoke," Can we get you some beer?"

Isabella almost spit out the water she was drinking when Chris spoke. She swallowed the water with only a little bit of water dripping down her chin. She gently placed her cup down and wiped her chin with napkin before looking at Chris in embarrassment. She couldn't believe he had just asked Scott if he had wanted a beer, an underage teenager.

Isabella could tell that Scott was shocked as well because he stumbled over his words as he shook his head, "N - no, thanks."

Chris raised his eyebrow at Scott as if shocked by his rejection of a beer, "Shot of Tequila?"

Allison grunted and put her head in her hands, "Dad, really?"

"You don't drink, Scott?" Chris asked as he sipped his water. Isabella didn't think someone could make that look intimidating until Chris did it.

" I'm not old enough to."

Isabella turned to him and gave him a proud look, she was happy with how he was answering Chris. It was obvious that Chris was trying to find a real reason to hate Scott. Isabella could tell that Scott was happy with himself as well, his nerves were dwindling by the second.

" That doesn't seem to stop many teenagers." Victoria laughed as she cut into her food.

Scott shook his head with a smile but said with conviction is in his voice, " No , but it should."

" Good answer. Total lie, but well played Scott. You might survive his test." Kate says with a smirk while taking a bite of her food.

Isabella looked at Kate in confusion and whispered," What test?"

"Oh come on. We all know Chris looks at you like his own daughter. He's testing Scott to see if he's good enough ." She whispered back to Isabella. She winked at her as she took another bite, Isabella blushed heavily and looked down at her plate.

Chris huffed and then turned to Scott again, "You ever smoke weed?"

Kate interrupts before Scott can even answer and puts her hand up to stop Chris from pushing any further as she laughs, " Okay, changing the channel to something a little less conservative. So, Scott, uh -- Allison tells us you're on the lacrosse team. I'm sorry. I don't know anything about that. How do you play?"

Scott gulps and pauses before answering, "Um, well, you know hockey? It's a lot like that, only, um, played on grass instead of ice."

Chris points his knife at Scott and says," Hockey on grass -- Is called field hockey"

Scott takes a deep breath and looks down to his food nervously, " Oh, yeah."

Isabella shrugs her shoulders and says pointedly, " So it's like field hockey, except the sticks have nets."

Scott smiles at me her thankfully and says with pride, "Exactly"

Isabella's phone buzzes for the third time that night and she immediately froze in fear. She takes a deep breath and pulls her phone out under the table. She didn't want to be rude, but she had to see what Stiles had texted her.

BATMAN:
Call me now.

Isabella immediately frowns down at her phone and Allison takes notice from beside her. Allison nudges Isabella and gives her a sad look, tilting her head towards Isabella's phone. Isabella shrugs it off and shakes her head, silently saying it was nothing. In reality though it was something. The most important something, they needed to do something if they were going to save Derek.

Isabella brings herself back to the conversation as she puts her phone back in her pocket.

Kate leaned on her elbows and began asking Scott more questions about lacrosse, "And can you slap check like in Hockey?"

Scott shrugs his shoulders, " Um -- Yeah. But it's only the, uh, the gloves and the sticks"

Kate takes another bite and twirls her fork in the air, " Sounds violent... I like it." She winks at him and smiles.

"Scott's amazing too. Dad came with me and Izzy to the first game. Wasn't he good?" Allison smiled at Scott and Isabella who each returned it.

Isabella was grateful for Allison and how she stuck up for Scott. She really didn't have to, but she did. That's what made Allison Argent such a great friend and person. She just was the best friend anyone could have.

Chris shrugged and rolled his eyes. He honestly didn't see Scott as amazing, he was only a show off in his mind, " He was fine."

Isabella's blood began to boil at his words. Chris knew damn well that Scott was amazing, he was just purposefully being a jerk. Isabella had wanted to grab her fork and poke out his eye like she had wanted to do to Jackson, despite her liking for Chris. She refrained from doing so out of respect and the dire need of the bullet.

Isabella put a fake smile on her face and said with enthusiasm towards Kate, "He scored the last shot, the winning shot."

Chris scoffed, " True, but he didn't score at all until the last few minutes."

Isabella rolled her eyes at him and continued to talk to Kate as she ignored him, "His last shot ripped a hole through the goalie's net. It was incredible."

Kate smiled at Isabella and she seemed impressed but, Chris just had to ruin it, " Well, I think the goalie was probably playing with a defective stick, so -"

Isabella looked at him like a father figure in her life, but in that moment he was really pissing her off. Isabella took a drink of her water and angrily put it back down on the table as she sunk into her chair. Everything she said was being turned down, she felt voiceless. Scott noticed her change in mood and gave her hand a squeeze. He was trying to calm her as he rubbed his thumb across hers gently, it definitely worked.

Scott noticed how tense the room was and decided to let out a laugh as he spoke, " You know, on second thought, um, I think I'll take that shot of Tequila."

Everyone in the room laughed including Chris which Isabella found strange, but didn't question it because it was the first time he actually smiled during dinner.

Chris smirked at Scott while raising his glass in his hand, " You were kidding, right?"

Scott laughs out nervously and nods his head, "Yeah."

*****

Isabella had excused herself to go to the bathroom and as soon as she got up upstairs she quickly called Stiles.

" Izzy, what am I supposed to do with him?" He said angrily under his breath.

" OH MY GOD STILES! Take him somewhere, anywhere." Isabella said frantically as she leaned against the cabinets and pulled at her hair.

"And by the way he's staring to smell." Isabella could literally see Stiles pulling a disgusted look in her mind as he spoke.

" Like death?" Isabella said putting her hand on her head and wiping it across her forehead. She was sweating like crazy, she was nervous sweating.

"Yeah, How'd you know ?" He asked in confusion.

"Oh I don't know Stiles... maybe because he's dying! Also, did you forget I'm a werewolf? I've smelled it on him all day. I'm surprised you couldn't smell it until now."

Isabella heard a knock on the door, she hurriedly put the phone face down on her chest and shouted, " I'll be out in a minute."

" Izzy, it's just me." Scott whispered through the door. Isabella sighed in relief and opened the door, she pulled him in by his shirt instantly.

"Stiles doesn't know where to take him." She said sadly as she ran a hand through her hair and kept the phone pressed to her chest.

"Yeah, I heard. Just tell him to take him to the animal clinic."

" What about your boss?" She questioned with wide eyes.

" He's gone by now. There's a spare key in the box behind the dumpster."

Isabella nodded her head rapidly and picked her phone back up, putting it to her ear, "Stiles?"

"Yes?" He says with annoyance, a small struggle came through for his side of the line. Stiles had been trying to move Derek's body in his seat.

" Take him to the animal clinic and don't worry about Scott's boss he said he should be gone by now. There's a spare key in the box behind the dumpster."

Stiles sighed and said with reluctance," You're not gonna believe where she's telling me to take you."

"Did you find it?" Derek's voice rang through Isabella's ears replacing Stiles. Isabella's eyes immediately began to drip with tears when she heard his voice. She didn't expect him to grab the phone, she was scared this was going to be the last time she heard his voice if she didn't find the bullet.

" No, I don't even know where to start. This is too much. I don't know what I'm doing."

Tears fell out of Isabella's eyes as her voice cracked, she couldn't stay strong anymore. She was losing Derek.

Scott closed the small distance between the two of them and rubbed her back, trying to soothe her. He hated seeing her like this and he hated that she felt any kind of pain. Even emotional pain.

Derek coughed into the phone and sighed sadly," Look Izzy...If you don't find it I'm de --, put Scott on the phone."

Isabella knew what he was going to say, she wasn't dumb. Derek just didn't have the heart to finish what he was saying to her. He didn't want to leave her, he didn't want her to be alone. Not in the terrible world they lived in.

Isabella silently hands the phone to Scott and starts to sniffle as she wipes her cheeks and nose with her sleeve. Scott gave her a look of sympathy before putting the phone to his ear. Isabella slowly pulled herself onto the counter and sat there as Scott talked to her father.

"Scott, you need to find the bullet or I'm not gonna make it." Derek says sounding out of breath. Even though he didn't directly say he was gonna die it hurt for Isabella to hear him tell Scott that. She didn't need him giving up on himself when she had given up too.

" I'm starting to think that wouldn't be such a bad thing." Scott says with a grunt. He didn't mean it really, but he couldn't help himself. He wasn't Isabella's father he would definitely rather him be out of his life for good.

Isabella pouted as she smacked Scott hard in the arm and growled. Scott flinched away from her and gave her an apologetic look. He regretted saying what he said in front of her, but he couldn't stop himself.

Derek sighed through the phone and continued talking, " Then think about this. The Alpha called you out against your will. He's gonna do it again. Next time you either kill with him or you get killed. So, if you wanna stay alive, then you need me. Also if you want to keep her, then you need me because if I die she'll hate you. Find the bullet."

Scott hung up and looked at Isabella in confusion while she just smirked and wiped the last tear from her face.

" What?" He questioned.

"He's right you know." Isabella pushed herself off of the counter and began to walk out the door.

She poked her head back in the door before she got too far down the hallway, "I'm gonna go talk to Allison and distract them as much as possible, find the bullet. I believe in you."

Isabella then proceeded to walk out and down the stairs. She was ready to try and distract the Argent's while her idiot boyfriend searched for the only thing that would save her father. Hopefully, she put her trust in the right place.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.9K 1.7K 25
7 years later and Beacon Hills hasn't changed at all {book two} {teen wolf s1-s2} {Derek Hale x 𝑓𝑒𝑚!martin!oc} cover by the talented @sporadicstar...
34.7K 512 8
IN WHICH - new girl Kara Argent and her cousin move to a small town in California named Beacon Hills, unaware of why their parents had decided to mov...
90.2K 2.6K 29
This is for you guys like me wanting a Peter Hale x reader and no it's not a young Peter one You moved back to My home town Beacon hills you were hap...
11.3K 240 24
Derek Hale × OC Alex McCall returns to Beacon Hills after receiving a frantic call from her mother regarding her younger brother, Scott. Alex's inst...