EDEN | Yoonmin

By orangexmint

"It's you...the man from my dreams. You're real," Plagued with nightmares of drowning in lakes and being push... More

author's note
character profiles
Eden
prologue
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten (smut)
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
interlude
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five (m?)
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three (m)
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one | smut
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
part two
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
epilogue
Author's Note
unrequited | an eden novella

fifty two

1.1K 82 19
By orangexmint

fifty-two

_____ 🌿 _____

SUNLIGHT PEEKED IT'S WAY THROUGH THE CANOPY OF LEAVES AS IT ROSE OVER THE HORIZON. The forest was silent in the early morning. Nothing was awake; nothing...except two young men and a rather, alarmingly large wolf with a bag hanging from its jaws, trekking up the mountain side.

Jimin yawned loudly as he trailed tiredly behind Jin. He did not miss waking up early. He would have been content to lie in bed all day with Yoongi (and partake in other activities), but with Jungkook's rut having passed, they were a go for their hiking trip up to the falls. Which of course meant waking up at an ungodly hour of the morning to get there for a decent time.

They woke up with the forest as Jin led them up the trail, stopping on occasion to catch their breath and for Jungkook to really stretch his legs.

They didn't notice the eyes that followed them through the trees. Jimin was too focused on trying not to trip over fallen logs as he stumbled along the trail, yawning. He lent into Jin's side as they continued down the path. Jungkook had run off ahead of them; they'd lost sight of him almost five minutes ago. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"How are...how are you and Yoongi doing?" Jin asked between his own yawns.

"We're doing really well. He's been a bit clingy the past few days, but I don't mind. I find it rather adorable," Jimin left out the reason why Yoongi had been so clingy. He didn't want to worry Jin, and he was done talking about nightmares. "We've been talking more too; he knows so much about everything, especially the arts – and I thought professor Kim was intelligent. And the way he speaks — it's like listening to Angels sing; the tenor of his voice is alluring and seductive and-" Jimin flushed bright red. "-Hyung he's so perfect, it's unfair,"

Jin smiled softly. He couldn't remember the last time he'd seen Jimin so happy.

"We were talking about Paris too," he added absentmindedly. "We might go...some day,"

"I'd love to see Paris," Jin sighed dreamily. "I'd love to get out of here in general. Maybe not forever — this is home after all, and I love it here — but just for a bit. See the world and all that,"

"I'm sure you will," Jimin told him. "With Hoseok by your side, I'm sure he'd show you the world in a heartbeat,"

Jin blushed furiously.

"Shut up,"

Jimin let out a loud laugh, drawing Jungkook's attention back to them.

"Ooooh, Hyung's blushing!!!! What are you talking about, don't leave me out!"

Both of them turned their heads to see Jungkook bounding towards them in human form, his backpack gripped tightly in one hand. He was grinning widely.

"I am not blushing," Jin countered, trying to hide his face in his hands, "It's just a trick of the light, you've gone mad,"

"And I'm not a giant dog," Jungkook replied with a roll of his eyes. Jimin snickered.

"Jin and I are talking about Hoseok," Jimin stated, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh? And how is Mr Jung?" Jungkook questioned.

"He's fine,"

"Uh huh, just fine? You have nothing you want to confess? Like how you got that hickey?"

Jin clapped a hand over his next.

"KIM SEOKJIN!"

"Wait a minute, before you yell at me, let's talk about the scratches on your back, Jeon Jungkook, it seems I wasn't the only one who had an eventful week!"

It was Jungkook's turn to blush; his back was a soft pink colour, still healing from Tae's hands.

"Y-Yeah well....well, you knew what was going on! I don't know why you sound so surprised!"

"How is Taehyung anyways? Is he still in one piece?" Jin teased.

Jungkook went redder.

"Y-Yes. He's not breakable Hyung, not like you two anyways," Jungkook said, embarrassed. "-was kinda nice knowing I couldn't break him when I got rough,"

"You should see what he did to Taehyung, his whole neck was covered in hickeys — I didn't even know vampires could get bruises," Jimin piped up, teasingly. "And I could have sworn he was limping! You wore him out, Kookie; poor boy hasn't experienced exhaustion since the war!"

"Hyung! It's not....I didn't mark him that much!"

"Mmm, sure you didn't,"

"Alright, that's it, we're going now," He slung his bag over his shoulders, and wrapped his arms around both their necks, ushering them down the trail. Birds chirped quietly in the distance, as they walked side by side.

"Hyung, you speak French right?" Jungkook asked as they climbed a hill.

"Not really...it's very limited, why?"

"What does 'Mon Loup' mean?"

"It means 'My Wolf'" Jimin explained.

Jungkook choked on his spit, face burning.

"Oh,"

"Oooh, someone's blushing," Jin snickered.

"Shut up," Jungkook then wrinkled his nose, grimacing at the scent. "You guys smell funny," he grumbled.

"I do not! I showered last night!" Jimin protested.

"Yeah, and I showered this morning!"

"Not like that! You guys smell nice and all, it's just that you also smell like vampires," he stated, ruffling Jimin's hair. "It's mouldy, and dusty in a way...I'm not used to it, s'all,"

"That's lovely, Jungkook, that's what everyone wants to hear — that they smell like dust and mould," Jin stated.

"It's true though! You smell like an old library!"

"I like old libraries," Jimin argued. "So thank you,"

"Only you would find that complimentary, Jimin,"

"You're welcome, Hyung,"

"That was sarcasm,"

"Dammit,"

The falls hadn't changed much since the last time they had been there; more plants had grown in the passing years and it seemed as if the lake below had grown bigger, but it still managed to take Jimin's breath away as they stepped out into the clearing. The place was overgrown with an abundance of green ivy and ferns, with hints of soft purples from the lilac trees; the water a still, clear blue. The sound of the rushing water from the falls filled his eyes. Oddly, it reminded him of the fountains in his garden at Eden.

"Yoongi where are you taking me?"

Jungkook bounded past the two, dropping his bag and making his way up to the small path to the top of the falls. Jin and Jimin exchanged a smile as they quickly followed suit.

"You'll see Mon Coeur,"

"But-"

"Be patient," he laughed, the sweet melody filling his ears.

"Can't I open my eyes now?"

"No, it'll ruin the surprise,"

"But what if I fall?"

"Mon Coeur, do you really think that I'd-"

"Carry me," he pouted.

"If you promise to keep your eyes closed,"

"I promise,"

He squealed loudly as he was lifted from the ground by strong, cool arms.

"AWOOOOO!" Jungkook howled, as he stood on the edge of the cliff. Jimin laughed as he dropped his bag next to Jungkook's, and went to stand next to him.

"WOOOOOOOOOOO!"

"Okay, Mon Coeur, we're here,"

He felt himself being put back down on the ground

"Open your eyes,"

Brightness filled his vision. "Oh my god,"

The sun had finally risen over the tree line as the three of them stood on the edge, howling like children, Birds sang their songs in harmony with their yellow as the forest finally awoke with them.

"Yoongi...oh...oh my, it's so beautiful up here,"

"Do you like it?"

"YES! But why did you bring me up here,"

"You said you wanted to get married,"

"I-I did,"

"You know I can't say no to you, Mon Coeur,"

Tears welled up in his eyes.

"Come here, love, so I can marry you,"

So, hyung, how are you and Hoseok? Jimin says you've pretty much become official,"

The three of them sat atop the waterfall, eating the lunch that Jin had prepared for them the other night. Jungkook chugged some water.

"Huh?" Jin was in the midst of sipping his water.

"You and Hobi," Jungkook repeated, "How are you two doing?"

Jin flushed.

"We're doing good," he said, looking off into the distance with a fond look. "We spent the whole week talking and I got to know him better. I'm still adjusting to the vampire part, but if I can handle you two, I can handle anything,"

"That's the spirit Hyung," Jungkook grinned.

"I'm glad you two worked things out," Jimin said. "I was worried for a minute that it might be a bit much for you, and that you might not want anything to do with him,"

"I'm glad things worked out,"

"Me too, Hoseok is good for you,"

"Thanks Jimin,"

The conversation then turned back to Jimin, with Jungkook capturing his attention.

"So," he began, "how are you and Yoongi doing? Is he treating you good?"

Jimin couldn't help but snort.

"Oh yeah, he most certainly is," he winked. Jungkook choked on his water.

"Wait, no, that's not what I meant! I-"

Jimin cackled, as he threw his head back in amusement.

"I'm just messing with you; Yoongi and I are doing really well," JImin giggled. "We've been spending a lot of time in the garden or in his study. I like to watch him work, it's quite relaxing. And we've been talking a lot too. Might try and con him into walking down to the beach with me since the weather has been really nice."

"Tae and I do that; we walk everywhere together. He's taken me high up the mountain and shown me all these cool new places that aren't accessible to the public easily. I want to take you guys one day,"

"That sounds lovely,"

"I wanna go on another road trip. Rent a volkswagen van and go for a few days,"

"Now that sounds like fun. Maybe we could go next summer,"

"Should go the week right before school starts,"

"There's that too,"

Jimin glanced off down the water, sighing softly to himself. He let his mind wander back to Yoongi, to the conversation in the library where in the midst of his panic he had told him he loved him. Jimin couldn't stop thinking about it.

"Hyung? What's on your mind? You kind of look...lovey dovey,"

"Yoongi told me he loved me," he deadpanned.

Jin choked on his sandwich, his hand flying up to his mouth to prevent from spraying bits of food everywhere. His reaction made him feel a little embarrassed.

"He said what?!"

"Ohmygodohmygodwhatdidyousay???"

"I didn't say anything," Jimin admitted, sheepishly.

"PARK JIMIN! What do you mean you didn't say anything?! This man has been mourning after you for hundreds of years, and you said nothing!"

"The timing was wrong!" Jimin exclaimed. "I-I know I love him, and I think he knows too, b-but it didn't feel right to say it then! I'll tell him soon,"

"Don't keep him waiting forever, Jimin," Jin scolded, lightly. "The man's waited long enough, don't you think?"

_____ 🌿 _____

"Oh Yoongi!" he threw his arms around his neck and kissed him fiercely, lips slotting against his like they were meant for each other.

"I'm yours now, do you understand that? Till death do us part, you own me,"

"I wouldn't have it any other way,"

"I love you so much, Mon Coeur,"

"And I love you,"

"Jimin,"

"Hmm?"

"Jimin?"

"Yes Yoongi?"

"Jimin!"

He blinked a few times.

"Huh?" he questioned. Jungkook and Jin were staring at him expectantly.

"Welcome back," Jungkook chuckled.

"Did I go somewhere?"

"Not really, you just zoned out there for a minute," Jin explained. "We've been calling your name for a while now. What were you thinking about?"

"Yoongi and I got married here...all those years ago?" Jimin stated, looking out over the falls ledge. "It — the memory — keeps popping up in my head. It was a joyous occasion, and sweet from what I could remember,"

Jungkook glanced around the area. "Really? Here? Why?"

"It's beautiful, I mean look around you,"

"Have you been having more memory flashbacks?" Jin asked.

"Not since...not for a while to be honest. They've slowed down. I'll feel something every now and again, but no new memories have popped up — and if they are, it's stuff I've already remembered or know about,"

"I wonder why that is," Jungkook mumbled. "Maybe it's because you and Yoongi are together now and your subconscious doesn't feel the need to make you remember anymore,"

"Maybe; I still feel like something is missing though," Jimin explained. "Makes me wonder what life would have been like if I did remember him — or if I suddenly remembered everything would I still be me or...someone else,"

"Do you think you'd remember us?" Jin asked, softly.

"Of course I would! You two are my best friends, how could I forget you?!"

"You wondered if you'd be someone else —"

"If remembering my past meant forgetting you two, then I don't want it," Jimin argued, shooting him a soft but firm look. "Besides, I'm happy. Yoongi makes me happy, and it doesn't matter to him that I don't remember fully, and it doesn't really matter to me either, I was just curious. We're together and that's all he wanted,"

"How romantic," Jungkook sighed.

Jimin snorted as he chucked a small pebble at him.

"Hey!"

"Do you think Aurora could help?" Jin questioned suddenly. It caught Jimin off guard, forcing him to stop and think for a moment.

"What do you mean?"

"She's a witch, isn't she? Do you think that maybe there's a memory spell that could help you remember the missing parts of your past or is that a stupid idea?"

"Jin kind of has a point,"

"What if I don't want to remember though? I don't mean it like I don't want to remember Yoongi, but...I had a pretty horrific death; I'd like to forget that entirely,"

"I wouldn't want to remember that either if I were you,"

"It wouldn't hurt to try though," Jin argued. "You said it yourself that something feels like it's missing. Maybe, just maybe..."

"Perhaps I'll ask her," Jimin mumbled, and that was it for the conversation.

They stayed up there all afternoon, catching up with one another and making plans for a possible road trip. They went for a swim in the lake below the falls, when it got too hot. They forgot all about their trouble and worries, messing around like they used to when they were kids.

It wasn't until late afternoon that Jimin got a funny feeling. He was pulling himself out of the water to dry himself off when he felt a sinking feeling in his stomach. Someone was watching him. But when he glanced around the clearing, the only people he could see were Jin and Jungkook laughing about something and splashing one another. There were no visible shadows or creatures lurking about the trees — Jungkook would have been on high alert if there were, but he seemed unphased. Yet Jimin couldn't shake the feeling that someone was there with him.

He tried to push the feeling from his mind as they dried off and made their way back up to the ledge. He forced a smile onto his face as he joined the conversation. Jungkook glanced at him curiously, but he convinced him he was okay with a simple look. Jin continued to talk about a possible last minute road trip for the end of the summer — maybe just the three of them, and they could go up the coast, and then back down. Nothing too crazy or expensive. Jimin could remember driving up the coast once with his parents as a child. He'd slept through most of it, but when he had been awake, he'd seen some beautiful sights.

Someone was still watching him.

What are you waiting for? Something inside him screamed. Come home. Please. I miss you. I'm sorry.

He felt sick to his stomach.

Jimin focused his thoughts on Yoongi, hoping it would quell his anxiety. He thought about his gummy smile, and the length of his black hair being perfect for running his fingers through. He thought about what he'd look like with different coloured hair — blonde or red perhaps? He wondered if he ever had since coming into the modern era (before they reunited) and never said anything about it. He thought about his voice; the smooth tenor of his voice, how husky and deep it got when he spoke of something he was passionate about; the half smile he wore the more excited he got. He thought about how effortlessly, and elegant his voice got when he read to him. Jimin was positive he'd memorized everything and didn't even need to read from the book. It was just for show.

Jimin thought about his hands tracing over his shoulders and down his arms; his fingers trailing over his chest and stomach; how effortlessly they could undo the buttons of his shirt.

Stop. Don't think about him. You don't need him.

Jimin thought about his lips on his; smooth and cold, but rough and firm all at once. He thought about them against his neck, and collarbone.

No. Stop it.

He thought about his teeth grazing his skin, trailing from his shoulder all the way down to...

I SAID STOP IT!!

"Jimin!"

He blinked. A strange sense of deja vu washed over him.

"Yeah?"

"You ready to go? The sun is going to set in an hour or two, and I don't want to be caught out here after dark,"

He hadn't even realized that the sun was setting.

"Yeah, I'm ready," he breathed.

Someone was watching him as he gathered his things and followed his friends back down the trail.

Jimin stuck close to Jungkook's side, practically hanging off of him as they made their way back down the trail.

Stop stalling. Come home already.

Jimin couldn't wait to get out of the woods.

_____ 🌿 _____

hey, i'm not dead

i apologize for not updating in literally two months, my mother for whatever reason won't get internet for our apartment yet, and I haven't been able to sit down at my computer and type

i don't know when the next update will be, but i am not abandoning this story. I've already got the next seven or so chapters written (there's about fifteen chapters left of this story); you'll just have to bare with me with the slow updates for the time being

as usual, if something confuses you or if you have any questions, leave a comment below and I will try to get back to you

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 1.1K 35
Jimin and Yoongi are dating. Until Jimin decides to give up on life. Yoongi was always working and he was the only thing that made Jimin happy. He g...
21.9K 1.3K 41
"What...are you?" "You wouldn't believe me if I told you." "Try me." --- Yoongi is a freshly turned vampire that lives in a large home near the cemet...
1857 ; ym By a

Fanfiction

2.6K 233 11
Jimin thinks that going to an old mansion to hunt for ghosts just to impress his crush Min Yoongi is a good idea. He couldn't have been more wrong.
7.4K 248 13
Not many people know that but a lot of K-Pop groups are made up of all sorts of supernatural beings from vampires through demigod even aliens occasio...