Semper - Fred Weasley

De enaja1811

Two redheads One love In good times and bad In health and sickness At least that's what they thought... a Fre... Mais

Author's note
Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
The Wedding - How It Looks Like
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Announcement
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Epilogue

Chapter XLII

480 10 2
De enaja1811

The first 3 months of Penny’s treatment laid behind her.

There were good days and there were bad days, but lately the bad days, sadly, had prevailed.

Anyone close to Fred and Penny could see the change between them.

Penny was no longer hopeful, she was at the end of her strength, she didn’t feel like any of it anymore.

And Fred, well, no one knew that but himself.

„Freddie?“ a weakened Penny called from the bedroom as she heard the door to the flat slam shut.

„No, it’s George,“ she heard the younger twin reply, and huffed sadly as he quietly walked into the room.

„Hey, I know I’m not the twin you wanted to see, but I’m not that bad either.“ he smirked, trying to cheer her up.

„No, it’s not that.“ she shook her head with a small smile on her face.

„But anyway, do you know where Fred is?“ she asked.

George leaned against the door frame, arms folded across his chest as he eyed Penny.

„Actually, no. I thought he was here because he left earlier again.“ he replied, seeing the disappointment in the girl’s eyes in front of him.

Again?“ she frowned as she ran a hand through her hair and George slowly walked towards the bed.

„May I sit down?“ he pointed to the bed and Penny nodded.

„I never asked him because I thought he was going to your place. But he’s been leaving earlier or coming later these past few weeks.“ He frowned.

„Well, obviously he’s not here. So where is my husband when he’s not at work or with me?“ Penny’s voice rose in an attempt to keep her composure.

„He’s probably running errands. There’s certainly nothing to it.“ George put a hand on Penny’s leg that was under the covers and looked at her.

„Well, and why isn’t he telling me about it?“ she threw the covers off her and stood up.

She had to hold on to the bedpost to keep her balance and immediately George was at her side to support her.

„It’s alright. Thanks,“ she mumbled.

„So what do you really know?“ she looked at George expectantly.

„Nothing. I don’t know anything. I never questioned what he was doing as I thought he was being with you,“ he said truthfully.

„Do you think he’s cheating on me?“, she brought the question, that was bubbling in the back of her mind, with difficulty over her lips and George immediately shook his head.

„No. He would never cheat on you.“

„But where is he then?“ and at that moment the door of the flat slammed shut and Penny stormed out of the bedroom.

„Where have you been?“ she yelled before Fred could say anything and he frowned.

„At work, of course. Where should I –„ he trailed off when he saw George coming out of the bedroom.

„That’s interesting, because your brother here told me that you left earlier. So I’ll ask you again, where have you been?“ She crossed her arms over her chest and tried to swallow down the rising feeling of nausea.

Fred exchanged a look with George before looking back at his wife.

„I was running errands. And wanted to bring dinner.“ his eyes flickered around the flat.

„And where are these errands? And the dinner?“ Penny felt her head begin to spin and the strength in her legs slowly fading.

„I didn’t find what I was looking for,“ he replied sharply.

„What is that? An interrogation?“ he walked past Penny into the bathroom and closed the door behind him, leaving Penny just as confused as George.

„Should I stay?“ George turned to his sister-in-law who was biting her lower lip.

„No,“ she slowly shook her head.

„It’s okay Georgie, I can handle this. Thanks.“ she gladly accepted his open arms as he pulled her tightly into a brotherly hug.

„I’m just an owl away if anything happens.“ He kissed her on the cheek and after she nodded, he stepped into the fireplace and shortly after disappeared into the green flames.

After George had left, Penny sat down on the sofa, completely exhausted and confused.

The door to the bathroom opened and out came a guilty looking Fred. He sat down next to her on the sofa and looked in the same direction.

„Got something to say?“ Penny broke the silence, unable to take it a second longer.

„I’m sorry,“ he sighed and ran a hand through his hair, his eyes still on the wall opposite while Penny watched him from the side.

„And can you tell me that, while you look into my eyes?“ The way his jaw moved indicated that he was gritting his teeth violently until he turned his head towards her.

„I’m sorry.“, he took her hand and Penny felt the tears in her eyes.

„Sorry about what?“ she pressed out.

„How I acted.“ His voice was low but sincere.

„Why did you lie?“ she asked.

„I – I wasn’t lying.“ he stuttered and Penny closed her eyes before pinching the bridge of her nose.

„Fred, how stupid do you think I am? You’ve been leading me to believe you were at the shop, and George told me you frequently went home early to take care of me. And we both know that isn‘t true.“ Penny looked him intently in the eyes, her own begging for the truth.

„But I told you, I ran errands, for us, for the shop. George is exaggerating, it was three times at most.“, he defended himself and even if a voice in Penny’s head roared not to believe him, she was just tired and wanted peace.

Peace with her husband, whom she needed more than anything.

„Okay.“ she managed to smile and Fred smiled back.

„I love you, Peppy. You can trust me.“, he pulled her into his arms.

„I love you, too.“

 -----

„You don’t look good, Penny.“ Thomas looked at his patient, who entered the room with dark rings under her eyes and sat down on the couch with trembling legs.

„Slept badly,“ she murmured and pulled her jumper over her head, not caring that she sat right in front of Thomas.

„Do you want to talk about it?“ he asked softly as he sat down and grabbed her hand.

Penny flinched a little, this was the first time Thomas had touched her and she wasn’t sure how to feel.

Penny considered and after a moment she decided to give in, even though she had vowed to respect the professional relationship, Thomas appeared to function as a good listener.

Sure, they’d talked before, in the sessions Penny came alone, but those talks were always superficial.

„It’s about Fred,“ she began as Thomas held his wand over the area where a dark red dot had formed.

„Oh?“ he raised an eyebrow.

„I don’t think he’s being entirely honest with me,“ she took in a sharp breath as the familiar warm feeling flooded her body.

„He left the shop earlier, but didn’t come home.“ she grabbed the blanket that was lying around her feet and pulled it further over her body.

„Do you think he’s cheating on you?“ Penny was surprised at Thomas’s direct question and she gave him a questioning look.

„I – oh, you know what, forget it. That doesn’t belong here.“, she waved her hand and hoped that Thomas would also drop the subject, slightly ashamed that she had shown herself so vulnerable in front of him.

„It’s ok. This is a safe place for you, we can talk about anything. No matter what we’re talking about here –„ Penny thought she saw his eyes fall on her chest for a brief moment. „or what we do, nothing will leave this room,“ he continued, and she tried to shake off the uncomfortable feeling that was slowly creeping up her spine.

And the next moment something happened that she never expected.

Thomas‘ hand, holding hers, cupped her cheek and now she saw his eyes clearly flicker first to her lips and then to her bare breasts while his hand began to slowly move down her neck.

Penny froze, unable to do anything. But before he could lean down to her, she jumped up and slapped his hand away.

She grabbed her jumper and hurriedly pulled it over her head as he stared at her in perplexity.

„Are you for real?“ she screamed in shock, tears in her eyes, her whole body shaking with anger and disgust.

„That was totally inappropriate! I’m married and I love my husband and you’re my Healer. I – I don’t even know what to say to that –„ and before her voice broke, she left the room, tears streaming down her face .

She ignored the looks she received from the other Healers and  Patients in St. Mungo’s, as well as the calls from different Healers.

She had only one destination in mind and that was Fred. She had to see Fred as soon as possible.

Headless, she apparated to Diagon Alley and ran down the street to the colorful shop she was desperate to reach.

Her lungs burned, her legs rebelled with every step and every heartbeat pounded relentlessly in her head and just when she thought she was about to collapse, she reached the shop’s door.

She pushed it open, the bell above the door rang violently and a few of the customers in the shop gave her a dismissive look and shook their heads.

She looked around.

„Penny?“ George appeared next to her.

„Where is he?“ she gasped.

„What?“ the younger twin looked at her in concern.

„Where is he?“ heads turned to her again and a woman pulled her child towards her, possibly afraid she might witness an ugly scene.

„Office.“, he finally answered and immediately Penny stormed past him.

„Penny what happened?“ she heard him call out before pushing open the door to the twins‘ office.

Fred sat at his desk, the sleeves of his white shirt rolled up and his tie hanging loosely around his neck.

And in another situation, Penny couldn’t have resisted the sight.

The ginger man jumped up as soon as he caught sight of his wife.

His heart dropped into his stomach when he saw her condition and with three long strides he had reached her and held her tightly in his arms just in time before she fell to the floor.

Minutes passed without either of them saying anything, Fred just listening to his wife sobbing softly and holding her.

„Baby?“ he stroked her hair, then put a finger under her chin and lifted her head.

„Can you tell me what happened?“ His thumb caressed her cheek.

„He – he wanted – touch – kiss – me –„ the words barely left her lips as she was repeatedly interrupted by her own sobs and hiccups.

„Peppy, breathe. And tell me who wanted to do what?“ The door opened and George looked through it but Fred shook his head, later he mouthed and his twin nodded.

„Thomas – he – he wanted to kiss me and he touched me and he wanted, Fred I don’t know what he wanted but believe me I didn’t want that. I came to you right away. I feel so dirty.“, she finally managed to utter it and Fred’s heart began to pound as anger welled up in him.

He wanted to be there for Penny, but his anger took the best of him as he jumped up.

„Where are you going?“ Penny called after him as she sat crying on the office floor.

„I’ll give this asshole what he deserves,“ and with that he stormed out of the office.

„No, Freddie. Please, wait.“ She got up with an effort and tried to follow him as fast as she could.

Luckily for her, George had closed the shop in the meantime, so no curious customers found out what was going on.

„Can someone tell me what’s going on here?“ he glanced at Penny after seeing Fred disapparate outside the door.

„Take me to St. Mungo’s,“ she said quickly and George nodded without asking any more questions.

A moment later, they arrived at the hospital and Penny was dragging George behind her.

It didn’t take long for them to find what they were looking for when they heard loud yelling and seconds later Fred and Thomas could be seen.

The red-haired man knelt over the slightly smaller Healer and punched his face. Other Healers stood around the two, startled.

„Fred!“ Penny exclaimed. „Freddie, stop it!“ she begged, falling to her knees.

George stepped forward after registering the scene unfolding before his eyes.

He grabbed Fred by his arms and pulled him off his victim.

„Let go of me,“ he yelled, struggling against his brother’s tight grip. If anyone could rival Fred’s strength, it was definitely George.

„No, calm down mate.“ George grabbed Fred’s wrists and pinned them behind his brother’s back.

„He’s insane. He’s gone completely bonkers. I want him taken to the Ministry immediately.“ Healer Thomas had scrambled to his feet and was pointing at Fred, who was still being held by his twin.

„If anyone should be arrested here, it’s you!“ Fred yelled and the surrounding people looked at each other questioningly.

„What’s going on here?“ a stern female voice called out from behind them and Healer Mary stood there with her hands on her hips.

„He just attacked me,“ Thomas whined, and at that moment Mary’s eyes fell on Penny, who was lost in all the excitement and was now leaning against a wall, barely conscious.

„Oh Merlin. A stretcher. Bring me a stretcher.“, she ordered and immediately two other Healers ran as she knelt down next to the girl.

George also let go of Fred, both of whom immediately knelt down next to Penny.

„Penny?“ Mary asked in a soft voice, one hand on her forehead and the other on her pulse point.

„Sweetheart?“ Fred’s voice trembled.

They levitated Penny onto the stretcher and took her to a secluded room.

„I want an explanation. Mr. Weasley and Mr. Spencer, both of you. Follow me. “ She pointed to the two men and entered the room where Penny was now lying and being treated.

„I want to know right away what this behavior is about. This is a hospital, there are sick people here and I cannot condone such behavior here,“ she scolded.

„And see what you’ve done.“ she pointed to Penny, who slowly became conscious again after swallowing a few potions.

Fred was by her side und George stood behind them while Healer Spencer leaned on the wall next to the door.

„As I said before, he attacked me.“, Thomas was the first one who spoke and Fred just huffed in annoyance.

„Mr. Weasley, What do you have to say about that?“ she turned to the couple sitting on the stretcher.

„He got what he deserved for the way he treated Penny.“ he said and this time it was Thomas who huffed and crossed his arms over his chest.

„How may I understand that?“, Mary looked back and forth between the two men.

„Like I said. Your amazing healer Spencer has been inappropriate with my wife,“ Fred replied calmly, trying to calm a trembling Penny in his arms.

Mary frowned before slowly approaching Penny.

„Penny dear? Can you say something about that?“ she looked at the girl smiling and encouraging.

„Fred’s right. I had an appointment with Thomas today and I wasn’t feeling well and I thought I could talk to him and then-„ she gulped as she avoided looking at Thomas.

„And then?“ Healer Perkins looked at her.

„And – then, then he said that whatever happened in this room, it would stay between us and then he touched me and wanted to kiss me. And then I immediately ran away and told Fred and he came over here.“, she cried and Mary, whose face was now pale, looked stunned at her colleague.

Thomas shrugged.

„She sent me signals.“

„That’s not true!“ Penny sobbed.

„Oh no, of course not. Now she’s acting so innocent. But what was that? The smile? The eye contact when we talked? Her lying half naked in front of me? What was that, huh?“ he took a step closer and immediately the three other people in the room placed themselves between Thomas and Penny.

„I was being friendly! I was just being friendly! And I had to be half naked because of the treatment you sick son of a bitch.“ she protested desperately.

„It’s okay, dear. I believe you. However, Mr. Weasley’s behavior was inappropriate and we cannot avoid a punishment,“ she looked at Fred, who nodded.

„As for you, Thomas. I never would have thought that of you. I thought so highly of you. But touching a patient? Never. There will be consequences.“, she now looked back at Thomas who had a smug grin plastered on his face, nearly screaming punch me.

The door opened and two tall and muscular security men came in, Penny immediately grabbed Fred’s hand out of fear, they would take him away from her but instead they grabbed Thomas and guided him out of the room.

„Don’t worry dear, You won’t see him again. I am so terribly sorry. I will personally take care of your treatment in the future. Get some rest,“ she smiled, handing Penny a vial.

„Take this, it will help you.“, Penny accepted the small vial and after Fred and George had also thanked her and Fred had apologized again, they left the hospital.

Fred carried Penny to her apartment and helped her into bed, she was terribly exhausted and her body felt like she had been caught in the Whomping Willow.

„I’m so sorry, Penny,“ Fred whispered after tucking her in.

„I’m sorry too.“ she yawned.

„You don’t have to be sorry. You didn’t do anything. I’m glad it didn’t happen more.“, he stroked a strand of her red hair from her forehead and smiled.

„Will you lie down with me?“ she asked.

„Oh, er – I’m sorry, but I, I have something to do.“ Penny frowned.

„What could be so important that you have to do it now? After everything that happened today?“, she leaned on one elbow and looked at him.

„I promised George. But I’ll be back real quick.“

„Well I bet George understands if you ask him to do it himself.“ she raised an eyebrow and waited for his answer.

„Sorry sweetheart. Don’t be mad. I’ll be back soon.“ was all he said.

„If you say so.“ she huffed and turned away from him.

„Sleep tight. I love you.“ Fred leaned down to kiss her, but Penny turned her head away and buried it in her pillow.

Fred sat on the edge of the bed a moment longer, chewing his lower lip before finally getting up and leaving the room.

Penny had hoped he would stay, but when she heard the door slam shut, disappointment swept over her and before her thoughts could drag her deeper into the abyss, she took the potion Mary had given her and immediately fell into a dreamless sleep.

„Mate, where are you going?“ George asked his twin as he came down the stairs to the shop.

„I have an appointment. You know, about our new line of products,“ he said quickly, and continued towards the door.

„I don’t know anything about that.“, the younger twin tries to remember, but nothing like that came to him.

„Yes, I told you about it. You must have forgotten it.“, Fred continued.

„Then let me go. You stay with Penny.“ George offered while he was already putting his jacket on, but Fred waved him off.

„No, not necessary. She’s asleep and when she wakes up I’ll be back.“ And with that he disappeared through the door, leaving George baffled.

He didn’t think twice and followed, careful not to be noticed.

Fred left Diagon Alley and luckily for George he went all the way by foot so he could follow him.

After about ten minutes, Fred pulled up in front of a house and George hid behind a corner to watch his brother.

Fred rang the bell and after a while the door opened.

And a tall blond woman stepped out, who greeted Fred warmly before the two disappeared into her house together.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

60K 1.3K 12
𝗿𝗼𝘄𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆-"the girl" 𝘀𝗶𝗿𝗶𝘂𝘀 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 -absolutely in love with "the girl" so it's logic for them to 𝗯𝗲𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝘁 short sto...
522K 14.6K 52
*WARNING! This book contains mature themes such as drinking, drug use, explicit language, mentions of suicide, sexual content, abuse, and more. Pleas...
118K 3.8K 31
The war had lasted years too long and Harry was left alone, the only one to survive on the battle field. He couldn't take it. But Death had different...
112K 2K 108
________________________________________ *CURRENTLY RE-WRITING* finished by- 20/06/24 (hopefully) current re-write word count- 169,147 It's always...