Only you

By cinnamon7924

Priya Khalsi is a 24 year old girl who works as a bartender to keep herself afloat after being disowned. One... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Not a chapter
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue
Not a chapter
Bonus chapter 1
New Story!
Bonus chapter 2

Chapter 6

2.6K 68 6
By cinnamon7924

"This is terrible." I said before flopping on my bed.

Reyna rolled her eyes and said, "no it's not your being dramatic, you just have to choose between the red dress and the black dress."

"Personally I love the black dress." Jen added in.

"Me too." Andie said, immediately agreeing with whatever Jen would say.

"I like the red dress better, it's more casual but classy enough at the same time." Noor said.

"I agree with Noor." Callum said while eating chips.

"You guys aren't making this any easier." I replied.

"What do you think Isaac?" I asked when I saw him zoning out.

"Huh uh yeah they both look nice I guess." He replied, still looking out of it.

"Are you ok? You seem a little out of it." Noor asked him.

"Yeah I'm fine it's just that I met this new guy but he's just so infuriating, he's interested one minute but acting like he doesn't even know me when he's around his friends. I hate the mixed signals. And I don't wanna make this about me today because we're trying to help you with your date." Isaac replied.

"Oh Isaac your not making it about you by saying how you feel, also I think you should just be upfront with him about what you want but he's also kind of an asshole for acting oblivious around his friends." I said.

"Yeah your right, but anyways I definitely think that you should wear the red one, it's much more flattering on you. Plus Ivana always wears black so you'll want to make sure you guys don't completely match." Isaac replied, immediately trying to chirp up to normal.

"Ok I'll try on the red one again." I replied while smiling. I would have to talk to Isaac later though, he always changes the subject quickly when he's upset.

I tried on the dress again. It was dark red satin dress with spaghetti straps, it went down to right above my knee, it was a bit loose but you could still see the outline of my figure, and it had a slit going up to my thigh. It made me feel really pretty when I wore it.

"Nevermind, this is definitely better," Jen said, which immediately made Andie agree.

"What should I do with my hair, what jewelry should I wear, and which shoes match with red?" I said while panicking a little bit.

"Calm down, we can figure this out very easily." Reyna replied softly.

"Well I say that you wear some silver rings and a small silver necklace, not one that will touch the dress." Isaac said.

"Ok I can do that, but what about my hair and shoes?" I asked.

"I think you should do a half up half down with your hair." Noor replied.

"And if your wearing silver jewelry then maybe wear silver shoes especially since the dress in darker." Isaac said.

"Ok." I replied before running around my room to get the stuff. Once I had my jewelry on and my shoes in hand Noor started doing my hair. She's a hairdresser so she's really good at stuff like this.

"Ivana's going to be here soon, it's almost 6:20, you should hurry up." Andie said.

"Ok." I replied.

I could feel butterflies forming in my stomach at the thought of her being here soon, I felt nervous but really excited at the same time. Noor was done with my hair now and we all started walking towards the living room and door.

We waited in there for a little bit, they were all talking but I was zoning out. I couldn't focus on anything else except for my nervousness, it made me feel a little nauseous.

Then the bell rang, Isaac got up first while smiling. He walked towards the door and then he opened it, the door opened way to quickly for me to actually process that I was now going on my first date in a year.

I took a couple deep breaths before walking towards the door myself, I couldn't actually see anything but the top of her head because Isaac was blocking her from my view.

When I got to the door Isaac was smiling and talking to Ivana who looked just as happy, then Isaac turned to me and said, "Hey Priya ya know we were just talking about how great you looked in that dress."

"Thank you Isaac." I replied before he went back into the apartment to give us some alone time. I looked at Ivana, she looked amazing.

Her hair was tied into a ponytail but some strands were left out at the front, she had her leather jacket on still, she had ripped black jeans, and an emerald green button up shirt tucked into the jeans. Her lack of dressing up made me feel a little self conscious for dressing up.

"You look so beautiful, I'm sorry I didn't dress up that much, I ended up having to work overtime and just got off my shift like 10 minutes ago." She said, her comment on how I look made me blush.

"Thank you. And it's ok I get it, you look great." I replied.

"Thank you. So shall we go then?" She asked me

"We shall." I replied, she put her arm in front of me to tell me we should hold hands. And we did.

She took me down to the parking garage of my apartment building. We started walking past all of the cars, I started wondering which one was hers before I decided to ask, "So which car is yours?"

"None. I have a motorcycle. I would've brought my car but I took my motorcycle to work and as you know I didn't have time to go home." She explained.

"Oh ok." I replied nervously, I had never been on a motorcycle before.

"Are you scared of motorcycles?" She asked me.

"I don't know, I've never been on one." I said

"It's ok, you'll be fine, as long as you wear your helmet and hold on to me you won't get hurt, I promise." She replied softly.

"Ok." I said while smiling at her.

When we got to her motorcycle she handed me a helmet before put her own on. I tried doing it myself but I had no idea how. I struggled for a bit while she put on hers before she noticed. She laughed at me before she asked me, "You need help with that?"

I nodded and she came closer to me, she started putting it on and I could smell her perfume. She smelled amazing, I blushed a little when I realized that she was so close to me.

The only thing that really kept us from kissing was the helmets. Before I knew it she was backing away towards the motorcycle. I missed the feeling of her being so close.

But I didn't miss it for long before she sat on the motorcycle and I sat beside her, I loosely put my hands around her waist, still a little nervous about holding on to her. She grabbed my hands and put them tighter around her waist and I started blushing again.

"Make sure your holding on tight, otherwise you might get hurt, and I'm not taking you to the hospital again." She said.

"Ok." I replied.

We started driving out of the parking lot and on to the road, I was still a tiny bit scared but it was also a lot of fun. I saw all the roads I see everyday but it felt like a whole new place on the motorcycle. It was also a lot faster.

We got to the beach way faster then if we were in a car. We parked and got off the motorcycle. Before I could even attempt to try and take off the helmet by myself Ivana was already doing it for me, after mine was off she took off her own.

We got our table and sat down. I got nervous again because I really didn't think about what to talk about.

"So how was your day at work?" I asked, just trying to break the ice.

"It was stressful, we had to a bunch of extra stuff so I had to stay a lot later then I planned to. How was your day at work?" She replied.

"I didn't have work today, but thank you for asking." I said,

We ordered our drinks and food a little after that and talked some more.

"So what are you majoring in at university?" She asked before sipping her coke.

"Psychology, I already have my bachelor's degree now I'm just getting my masters then my PhD." I replied.

"That's cool, so I'm guessing your becoming a therapist then?" She asked.

"Psychiatrist, I really want to help people that way." I replied.

"That's nice Priya." She said. The way she said my name gave me butterflies.

"Yeah, so what's your major Ivana?" I asked her.

"Uhm I'm studying law, I'm in law school right now. Also you can just call me Ivy." She replied.

"Oh that's nice Ivy, how many years do you have left?" I asked.

"Um I'm actually doing my last year right now." She replied.

"Oh that's really good, I'm guessing your about 27 then?" I asked.

"I'm 26, what about you?" She said.

"I'm 24 so I still have about 4-5 years left of studying." I replied.

"That's nice," She said.

"Yeah." I replied.

Soon after that we got our food and started eating, we had some conversation in between. Afterwards we got the bill, I was about to pay my half before she stopped me, "It's ok, you had the courage to ask me out first so the least I can do is pay for this."

"Are you sure? It's not a big deal, I can pay." I asked.

"No your not paying." She said a little more sternly this time.

"Ok, thank you." I said.

"No problem." She replied.

We walked out of the restaurant towards the ice cream parlour across the street. She got cookies n'cream while I got plain chocolate.

We started walking on the beach while eating our ice cream and talking, it was really cold though, I should've brought a jacket with me. We walked a little more before I started shivering.

"You seem cold, do you want my jacket?" She asked me.

"No it's ok, I'm fine, and you might get cold." I replied.

"No it's fine." She said, before I could reply she already started taking off her jacket and put it over my shoulders. I blushed again. God I blush so easily.

"Thank you." I said softly.

We finished our ice cream and threw it away before walking towards her motorcycle. She put my helmet and her helmet on before getting on the motorcycle.

I put my hands around her waist, this time tighter than I did last time. I felt a lot more comfortable with her now. We drove back to my apartment, she parked her motorcycle and started walking me to my door.

"So I guess this is goodbye." I said when we got to my apartment.

"I guess it is." She replied while smiling at me.

"I had a really great time tonight, we should do it again." I said before I contemplated if I should ask to kiss her or not, I really wanted to.

"Me too, we should definitely go out again." She replied.

"Yeah so I'm gonna go now." I said before turning towards my door, I didn't have enough courage to ask her. But before I could open the door I felt fingers grasping my wrist. I looked behind me to see her staring at me.

"Wait, I-um can I kiss you?" She asked me nervously.

I blushed before I responded to her, "Please."

In a blink of an eye her face was way closer to mine and I closed my eyes before our lips touched, her lips were soft as she cupped my jaw while caressing her thumb over my cheek. It felt really nice. I was still blushing when I pulled away from her.

"Will I see you tomorrow at the bar?" I asked her, still a little dazed from the kiss.

"You will." She smirked before starting to walk away.

"Bye." I said while she was walking.

"Goodnight." She replied before turning around the corner.

I quickly opened the door, still a little out of it and blushing from the kiss. Right when the door opened everyone came rushing towards me. They all started asking me questions about how it went, I told them everything before walking to my bedroom to change.

Even afterwards we still talked about it for a little bit before we all started watching a movie in the living room. Reyna had set up a bunch of mattresses so we all slept there. Before I fell asleep I kept replaying the kiss in my mind. I don't think I've ever slept this well.

Hello, this is officially my new favourite chapter, I love them so much, anyways I just realized that last chapter was not very good at all, it felt a little rushed so sorry about that. I made this chapter a lot longer than my other ones so that it wasn't that rushed, but my next chapter will probably be smaller. Again I don't update on a specific day, it's just whenever I want to update.
<3
Have a good day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 5.8K 18
Jennie hasn't been very lucky in love or sex since her high school relationship didn't end well. Now a freshmen in college Jennie is hoping she can...
906 376 48
Prithi - a female lead who doesn't believe in love,just graduated and always aspired to be independent women is forced into an arranged marriage (ag...
398K 7.9K 26
𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐃𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐧 - 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫...
121K 4.7K 30
After spending time in paradise with Megan's money, Lauren and Victoria need to do something productive before they burst. They decide to take on a l...