Forgotten to Remember (Atem/Y...

By _Weeb_Writer_

You were a simple reporter for duelists of Heartland City with this constant weird dream throughout all your... More

Chapter 1: Hello, My Lady
Chapter 2: Blending In
Chapter 3: Reunion, Dreams, and Friends
Chapter 4: Going Down Swinging
Chapter 5: We Meet Again
Chapter 6: Stranger Danger!
Chapter 7: All's Well That Ends Well?
Chapter 8: Shoot Your Shot
Chapter 9: Wishful Thinking
Chapter 10: Evil Spirit, Be Gone!
Chapter 11: Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire
Chapter 12: The Lucky
Chapter 13: The Unlucky
Chapter 14: The Aftermath
Chapter 15: Noah's World
Chapter 16: Escape Plan
Chapter 17: Mission Impossible
Chapter 18: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 19: Risking It All (Pt. 1)
Chapter 21: Risking It All (Pt. 3)
Chapter 22: Without You
Chapter 23: Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream
Chapter 24: Back to the Future
Chapter 25: Normal Lives
Chapter 26: Knights & The Night
Chapter 27: Cinderella & The Beast
Chapter 28: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 1)
Chapter 29: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 2)
Chapter 30: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 3)
Chapter 31: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 4)
Chapter 32: Save Your Tears
Chapter 33: We Need You
Chapter 34: Hope
Chapter 35: Here One Moment, Gone The Next
Chapter 36: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 1)
Chapter 37: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 2)
Chapter 38: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 3)
Chapter 39: Phantom of the Opera
Chapter 40: A Nightmare
Chapter 41: Shatter
Chapter 42: The 4th Legendary Knight - Maiden Jane
Chapter 43: Knight's Unite
Chapter 44: The Staff of Light
Chapter 45: Rise of the Great Leviathan
Chapter 46: Goodbye, My Lady & Pharaoh
Chapter 47: Together
Chapter 48: Roomies
Chapter 49: Girl Talk
Chapter 50: Friends Assemble
Chapter 51: Get Ready
Chapter 52: The Promised Date
Chapter 53: Special Night
Chapter 54: Wonderful Morning
Chapter 55: The Bad Traveler & The Powerful Traveler
Chapter 56: The 2nd & 3rd Traveler
Chapter 57: The 4th Traveler
Chapter 58: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 1)
Chapter 59: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 2)
Chapter 60: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 3)
Chapter 61: Help me, Help You
Chapter 62: Papa
Chapter 63: Boom! Plan!
Chapter 64: I'm Still Standing
Chapter 65: Eye for an Eye
Chapter 66: Let's Get Down to Business
Chapter 67: My Little Star
Chapter 68: The Sand Woman
Chapter 69: Don't Give Up!!
Chapter 70: To Dream Is To Die
Chapter 71: Timeless
Chapter 72: The Beginning Of The End

Chapter 20: Risking It All (Pt. 2)

524 27 7
By _Weeb_Writer_

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Marik was not making any of this easier on you and you were making sure it wasn't easy for him either. you managed to avoid his revival jam monster. The card that gave a little trouble to Yami and Mai. You were left with no monsters on your side of the field and only had 2000 life points left. Marik's was down to 3300 life points. He had the masked beast on his side and a face down. It was looking bad. "I am sorry for the delay (Y/n). It has been quite a while." A familiar ghostly voice spoke beside you. You look to your side and see the blue alien friend you haven't seen since before the finals. "Good to see you Astral. I had a feeling you would come." Astral smiled at you and he pointed to your extra deck "I am deeply sorry for being unavailable to come. Many things happened that I cannot explain now. Will have to save that conversation for later. It's time (Y/n). This duel will turn around now that I am here." You nod firmly to Astral. You drew your next card from your extra deck.

"It's that guy again. Wonder what they're talking about." Yugi's spirit asked no one as he saw you conversing with Astral. You had the look of determination and a smile on your face.

You played a card from your hand "I activate the spell card, Ancient rules. Allowing me to play a level 5 or above monster onto my field directly from my hand. The monster I chose is the monster Junk Gardna in defense mode!" You were lucky you have that card which meant you didn't have to use synchro summoning to have it be in your field. Junk Gardna was this green shield robot with 1400 ATK and 2000 DEF. You drew from your extra deck into your hand and pulled two cards to set onto your duel disk to be summoned on your field. "I place Gagaga Magician and Ganbara Knight on my playing field. They won't be here for long because I override the network to XYZ summon!" a little starry wormhole appears on your side of the field and both monsters you played face into it.

"A what summon?" Duke blinked.

"A XYZ summon. I dunno what that is. It must be a future summon used in the game." Tea shrugged.

"Rise up onto my field Number 39: Utopia!" You shout as a tall white knight monster comes onto your field. It was a lvl 8 monster with 2500 ATK and 2000 DEF points. He was placed in attack mode. "I place one face down and end my turn." You place single face down on your side of the field just as you said. Your turn was over for the time being.

Joey was jumping up and down with Serenity "Look at those monsters! She was able to summon them in a single turn." Joey boasted as he was excited to see you coming back from Marik's hits. Serenity had a big smile on her face "They look strong too! Especially that Utopia!" She pointed out.

Jane was being held in Tea's arms as the two of them were still worried for your well-being in this duel. "Whose (Y/n) talking to anyways? Another invisible friend like you Jane?" Jane nods to Tea. "Their name is Astral. His presence alone is why she was able to summon Utopia in the first place. It's a special XYZ monster. Very different from other XYZ monster cards." Jane explained which only left Tea more lost on this summoning stuff.

"But neither of her monsters have the strength to defeat Marik's beast monster. How does she expect to beat him with these two monsters?" Tristan made a good point there. The masked beast had 3000 ATK points and neither monster had the power to take out the beast. You didn't attack either which was odd unless you had something up your sleeve.

"Is it because of that number? What are those little balls moving around it? Do those have a special ability?" Yugi was asking things out loud once again in spirit. Yami hums a "I dunno" to Yugi. He was fixated on your duel. Growing worried for a second there but you were holding your own against Marik after taking blows. 'Marik hasn't summoned the Winged Dragon of Rain yet. There is still a chance for (Y/n) to win this.' Yami was hoping Marik doesn't summon his god card. Yugi was very hyped to see your next play in this match because they were new monsters he had never seen before. It was hard not to be enthusiastic about this even though it was an intense situation.

Marik laughs at your play "You are making this too easy! So much for your special summoning of two weak monsters." He drew a card and grinned. "By sacrificing two monsters from my hand to the graveyard, I summon the Winged Dragon of Ra onto my field!" Yami thought too soon about the god card being out in play. It was now feeling more anxious about this game since he whipped out the most powerful card he had. It was in a ball again and he raised his hand up in the air "Oh great beast high in the sky, please hear my cry. Transform myself from orb of light and bring me victory in this fight. Envelope the deserts with your glow and cast your rage upon my foe. Unlock your powers from deep within so that together we may win. Appear in this Shadow Game as I call your name, Winged Dragon of Ra!!"the winged dragon of Ra appeared on his side of the field. Opened and awake.

"This is another god card?" Astral stared at the mystic bird that stared down at the two of you. "Yeah, Yugi has one too. Slifer the sky dragon. There are 3 of them." You informed Astral. You watched Marik grin "Now attack Ra attack!" He declared out to you as he was feeling so pleased to destroy you like this. Ra went to target your monster. "I activate Junk Gardna's special ability! It targets a monster on your field, stops its attack, and is put in defense mode!" Ra stopped mid attack and went into defense mode. Stopping Ra from attacking your Junk Gardna. Marik clicked his tongue when he didn't get to finish you off with Ra but then laughed a short laugh. "You forgot! I have two monsters! Go attack her Utopia my Masked Beast!" He sent his masked beast after your Utopia. "I don't think so! I play the trap card Trap Hole! It lets me remove a monster on the field with attack points 1500 or more from play on your field!" Marik smirked and he lifted his own face down card he still had in play "I play against your trap with my spell card Remove Trap! This allows me to continue on with my attack!" He boasted and Masked Beast continued its attack. You took a hit to your life points. It went down to 1500 since you took 500 damage from that attack.

"What's this?!" Marik was shocked as everyone else as they saw Utopia still standing on the field even after being attacked by a monster much stronger than yours. "How is that even possible!? The monster with higher attack points always defeats lower attack point monsters!" Mokuba exclaimed as he was staring at your card. You chuckled at Marik's reaction "A number card can only be destroyed by a number card. No matter what monster you throw, my monster will stay on the field!" Marik growled as he stared at your number monster. "You could have used Utopia's units to have not taken damage from that last attack. They stop your opponent's attack." You looked over to Astral "Would have been nice to mention that to me." You mumbled. "Oh. Guess I forgot to tell you that." Astral hummed. You can now understand why Yuma always gets frustrated with this alien glow stick.

'Could this future card be able to withstand a god card? Is it equal? I must know.' Kaiba thought as he was getting interesting results from. Your dueling. The duel was taking a turn he never expected.

Yami smiled, impressed by the move you made to counter Marik. If he hadn't had that spell card to remove your trap, you would have gotten the masked beast out of your hair. It would have been an easy way to get rid of the monster that would have possessed your monster after it was destroyed. You could have used it to get rid of Ra but you didn't because you felt something would happen. You were right about your gut feeling, his spell card he played once before against Mai came up and if you had used your trap against Ra you would have been out of the duel then and there. Junk Gardna's ability came in handy to evade the god at least for this turn. So close but this duel was not going to be easy and far from over. He hoped you had a good next move to withstand his other move for his next turn. There was a god card in play. Marik looked at his cards and he placed a face down on his side of the field "I play two face downs and end my turn." It was your turn now. You were lucky to have your monsters still on your field. 'I was really hoping to have gotten rid of that masked beast. So troublesome!' You were frustrated in your head but shook it off to remain focused.

You drew another card from your hand after you proclaimed it out loud. You looked at your hand and took one of your cards "First I will play the spell card Delta Tornado. Allows me to destroy all spell and trap cards from your field." A red flaming tornado appeared and blasted through Marik's side of the field which destroyed the spell card Brain Control from his field as well as the spell Space Typhoon. 'He was already planning to wipe my own spell and trap cards as well as ready to take control over one of my own monsters. Smart but damn.' You looked at your hand again. "You don't have anything that can save you from the wrath of my god card. The clock for this duel is ticking and so is your soul." You didn't want to admit it but he was right. Nothing in your hand was seeming useful. You already drew your card for this turn which was a pointless spell card for the monsters Marik had on his field. 'I can't give up. I promised Yami I would win and I promised myself I would be the one to wake up Mai! I won't let this be the end!' You were starting to feel doubt of this duel but your heart and soul were determined to win for those you made promises to.

Astral cleared his throat, catching your attention. "Play Pot of Greed." You blinked and then looked back at your hand. It was staring dead in your face. Your comeback but Pot of Greed only allowed you to draw two cards which was a risky move. You also didn't have a lot of options in your disposal. "I will give you a hand (Y/n). I have heard about what happened to Mai from Yuma. I want to help you win this duel. Trust in me as I trust in you." Astral had his hand out to you like a handshake. You suddenly remembered what Yuma told you back in the abyss dream when you were knocked out in the virtual world. "You can do this." Astral assured. You took his hand and closed your eyes when you did so.

»»--♡--««

You opened your eyes to be standing in front of a huge door with an unusual lock. This stone door had glaring golden eyes of a beast staring at you. Having a carved face of a sharp teeth ferocious monster. It was awake and very much aware of your presence. You were standing on this narrow rock pathway that only directed to this door. No other path in sight. No way out other than this path. Only thing awaiting beside the path was nothingness. An endless abyss that appears to go on forever down. A hand slipped into yours, startling you, and you quickly whipped your head around to see who it was.

"Yuma . . ."

"It's finally time for you to become awesome like me!"

Yuma gave that dorky toothy grin on his face. Holding up his arrowhead-shaped amulet he got from his parents' expedition. Something precious of his that he cares deeply for but you never thought it would have abilities of its own. You knew it was not like yours or the millennium items but it was something else entirely. You turned to look at the door then back to Yuma. Giving Yuma a firm nod with a smile. Yuma took off his amulet from being around his neck and held it in his other free hand tightly.

"Whoever can open this door will gain a great great new power. But know, that with such a reward, comes great risks. Have the courage to unlock this power?"

The door spoke in a gruff voice as its eyes gleamed red. 'Why am I not surprised this door is talking to us?' You had been through doors that summoned monsters and had talking entities talking to you so this was not something you had to process on taking in.

" . . . In order to be granted this power, you will need to sacrifice what you hold most dear . . . Do you have the courage to take on these risks to attain this power (Y/n)?"

You gulped at his warning "She is up against a god card! She is already taking risks with her own soul in the duel to try to be using this power! Isn't that enough?! Why should she sacrifice what she holds dear if she is only going to be using it this one time?!" You looked at Yuma who was going against this door deity. The door was quiet after that but it spoke up again.

" . . . Since it will be this one time, I will allow this to pass . . ."

Yuma smiled at you and you felt less tense.

". . . However . ."

You both looked back at the door who had more to say about this.

". . . If (Y/n) gains this power Yuma, There is no telling what will happen once after she holds your destined power . . . Are you willing to take this risk (Y/n)? Do you truly have the courage?"

You gave Yuma's hand a little squeeze "I am already risking my own soul in this shadow game to save my friends soul and although I don't wanna admit but . . . even my opponent's real soul . . . I made a promise to win and I will with the help of Yuma's power and Astral's bond with Yuma whom I also have a strong bond with . . ." You glanced over to Yuma "Astral won't be harmed from this and I swear on that he won't Yuma." You softly said to him to be a personal promise to Yuma and Yuma alone. He was already doing so much for you through this duel. You were using his cards and a little of your own which were spells mostly and traps for this duel. 'I will repay you someday Yuma.' You thought and turned back with a fire in your eyes. "I have the courage and I am willing to take these risks!" You shout to the door whose eyes gleamed a much brighter red. Accepting your answer.

Yuma raised his key "Hope you heard her Astral! Get ready!" You both ran to the door, letting go of one another's hand to hold Yuma's arrow key. Charging at the door to drive it into the lock of this massive door.

"Because we are going to feel the flow!!" You both shout in unison and turn the lock. This was the first time you ever said the little motto Yuma always goes on about during his duels which gave you even more courage hearing him say it again. The door opened to shine a white light that blinded the two of you.

»»--♡--««

Ishizu was running from her room 'I sense great misfortune!' She didn't need to have her millennium necklace to be able to detect this strong power. She knew a god card was summoned but there was something else which she knew could only mean that you were taking part of a duel against her corrupted brother. Not in just any duel but a Shadow Game. However, there was more than just the darkness of the Shadow game. There was this strong ominous feeling she felt deep in her heart. It filled it with fear.

'I fear something terrible is going to happen!' Ishizu ran down these seemingly endless hallways. Turning multiple corners. 'Brother please come to your senses! (Y/n) is the pharaoh's wife and you know that! It's because you know that you haven't said anything to the pharaoh about Lady (Y/n) to keep that evil from knowing. Please brother! Stop this other evil I sense from hurting Lady (Y/n)! If this goes on nothing will have changed from the past for a better future!' She had clenched her clothes that were over her heart "Lady (Y/n) is in danger!" Ishizu made her way towards where she could hear from the great distance of a duel taking place. Along with this drawing in feeling that was luring her mostly.

»»--♡--««

"Why is (Y/n) just holding air?" Duke raised a brow since you were shaking hands with no one.

Tea stared at you "She has been standing there for a while. (Y/n) didn't freeze up now did she?" Jane looked up at Tea then over to you "I don't know Tea." she really had no clue what you were doing.

Kaiba narrows his eyes "If (Y/n) doesn't wake up from whatever trance she is in within the next 2 minutes. She will have to forfeit this duel." Mokuba flinched as he looked up and over to Kaiba "You can't be serious!" Mokuba exclaimed before turning back to you with even more worry. Marik crossed his arms and tapped his foot "You resorting to these pointless tactics of silence is starting to bore me. I want to hurry up and show you your place, you damn wench!" He snapped at the silent you.

"Don't talk to her like that, Marik!!!" Yami snapped back at Marik who only rolled his eyes at Yami's useless threats. They still annoyed him though.

"Oi! (Y/n)! Wake up!" Joey shouted out to you.

"Come on (Y/n)!" Tristan joined in on the shouting.

"You have to wake up (Y/n)! You don't wake up now then the match will go to Marik! You gotta wake up right now! You only have a minute!" Mokuba warned. Catching everyone's attention since that was not good to hear. Your soul will be lost to Marik if time ran out for your turn which is 5 minutes per duelist's turn.

"My lady! Please! Wake up!!!!!" Jane cried out.

You finally opened your eyes when Jane called out to you and that was when you started to glow a radiant golden light while Astral glowed a bright neon baby blue. Everyone caught a glimpse of Astral who only appeared for a split second in their sights before he faded away from their eyes. Still being visible to you though. The two lights merged before swirling around the both of you. "I built the overlay network with my friend Astral!" both you and Astral spoke as one. The air around you was strong which made it hard for everyone to keep their eyes on you two. No one could see what was happening within the spirling light that consumed you and Astral. Marik was confused but enraged as he was witnessing this and there was this sudden strong sense of power in the air. Making the air tense. "What the hell is this?! What have you done, Women!?" Marik clenched his teeth, his cape rapidly moving with this gust of wind from you.

"Two mighty forces fuse into one! Revealing the power of ZEXAL!!!" Jane gasped silently "It can't be . . ." She softly mumbled as she watched as the light around you shined even brighter that blinded everyone "ZEXAL MORPH!!!!" The light finally dimmed after the shout from the two of you. Yami's eyes finally adjust to the normal lit atmosphere but his amethyst eyes widen when he checks where you stood.

Your duel disk was in the shape of a sword (A/N: Kinda like the ones in Yugioh Arc - V designs. Not connected but just like their design for this outfit). Your hair was longer, extending past your back to your knees (or didn't change if your hair was already long). It was now white with neon blue tips, you hand side tail strands of your hair which was also neon blue while your hair was in a waterfall braid style. Each little braid had small golden winged clips. Matching these golden wings behind you but they were not attached to your golden armor or your back but were attached to you by some powerful force. Your eyes were piercing gold like Astral's and had the same small green marlins on your cheeks. There was a glowing blue aura that emitted from your body. You had a white bodysuit underneath your armor while having a golden dueling belt around your waist. Your ears contained three different dud earrings which were a sapphire jewel, a ruby jewel, and a yellow jewel pierced above one another on your ears. You appeared to be almost like a valkyrie knight. Could have been your own duel monster card.

" . . . She morphed her soul into being one with Astral . . . My lady . . . Is this the only way to win with such risk . . . ?" Jane watched in awe and fear at the person in your place. A unity being. "Morphed her soul?" Tristam asked Jane who kept her eyes on you. "This is not her ability, she is borrowing her friend from her future's power. Yuma's power. Their, Astral's and (Y/n)'s, bond with Yuma is what gave birth to this form she is in. The power of ZEXAL." Tristan took in what Jane said. Mentioning that friend Yuma again. "He must be some powerful friend as well as this Astral person." Tristan chirped. Seeing how your bond with your friend, even though you were apart, was strong enough to break through time to be able to create this miracle.

". . . (Y/n) . . . ?" Yami was in disbelief and captivated in this new form he found profoundly beautiful. Looking more stronger, confident, determined, and powerful. Never ceasing to amaze him every single time when he looks at you from afar. Always evolving right before his very eyes that he is utmost grateful for witnessing as you continue to march forward.

Mokuba was enchanted by your cool new form and so was Kaiba but he was mostly amused from this duels outcomes. Many things were happening which intrigued him. It reminded him of the small vision he saw back at the pier but you looked more fierce and beautiful then while you looked more intimidating but somehow still remained beautiful even in the armor. 'Come on (Y/n), show me what your number card can do. This form of yours has something up its sleeve and I cannot wait to see how it will play out in this duel.' He smirked again in amusement, looking over to your opponent to see how he was dealing with this transformation of yours.

True Marik saw the cold glare in your new set of eyes that were yours but not yours at the same time. "We won't lose to you Marik! Prepare for your downfall!!" Your eyes never left his menacing lavender ones. Your voice overlapped with Astral's. Having your newly morphed duel disk in front of you like a shield. "I LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY!!!" he yelled out to you from his side of the field.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Phew!

I had to do so much research for this duel! I am trying my best to make this a cool duel for you all!

I know this is not how Yuma's power works but I am doing it for the story and I promise this will all come together soon!

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 121 4
"The stars twinkled in his eyes, and the Sun itself warmed his smile. I knew I might burn... but I just had to just inch a little closer." - The Drea...
66.1K 1.7K 53
Yami is finding it difficult being away from everyone and now has returned to being Atem. A few years has passed and Yami finally has a mirror into Y...
796 18 15
When Amanda does something that catches the eyes of someone that swears that she met once, and only once, she tries to find a way to use her magic to...
9.6K 427 18
[BOOK 1] Yugi Mutou is seventeen and in his senior year at Domino High. He's quiet, shy, and sensitive. He wonders if he will always have the linger...