Your Red Feather (Hawks x Rea...

By mirrorscracked

''I guess we're soulmates that aren't meant to be.'' What is it about him that fascinates you? His good looks... More

character info +author notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter (12)&13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Discontinuing
Recontinuing
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 30

124 4 0
By mirrorscracked

(a/n: hihi! I know I haven't uploaded in a minute but in my previous chapter I stated that a few things are happening at home and thats the reason why I'm sort of behind on everything including schoolwork so that's why this chapter took a while to come out but I really hope you enjoy this chapter, It's a bit different from what I usually write because recently I've been writing a ton of fluff and I kind of got tired so this is a bit different but I still hope you enjoy. This chapter was supposed to be longer but I couldn't find the motivation to make it any longer so this is all you guys get for now D: sorry but still enjoy!! <3 AND TY FOR 1K HOLY YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING)

A month has already passed since you guys started dating and the funny thing is you guys barely got to hang out, you were busy with work and classes as he was busy with hero work but he never forgot to drop by after closing time while you were on your shifts at the bakery.

9:12pm

"So are you excited?" He asked, as he opened his apartment door and walked in.

"Yeah, I am, you?" You return the questing as you study in a half empty library. You didn't have work today so instead of staying home and doing absolutely nothing, you chose to be productive and come to the library to study. Though It did take a lot of self-convincing.

At the moment you both were on facetime.

"Yeah, man I've been looking forward to this trip." He sighs flopping over on his couch.

"Mhm." You say, distracted by the work you're doing.

"Want me to come pick you up once you're done?" He asks.

"Nah don't worry about it, I wouldn't want to trouble you and the library is just a five minute walk from my house." You reassure him.

For some stupid reason you chose not to bring your car so you were stuck with walking back home. You could order an uber but there's no point wasting your money for a 2 minute drive when it only takes you 5 minutes to walk home.

"So are you the only one in the library?" He asked, getting up to go change his clothes.

"Nope, a few more people are here but we all have our own sections, maybe about 6 people?" You guessed.

"Oh I see. Surprised that the library's open till this late." He spoke changing his shirt, you were too focused on your work to even notice what he's doing.

After another 50 minutes you decided you'd go home now. It was already past 10.

"I think I'll go home now." You stretched as you finally turned to your screen to see him.

"Finally I thought you'd sleep at the library." He laughed.

"Haha, very funny." You sarcastically roll your eyes.

"Pfft, I know I'm sorry, I'm just tired so everything seems funny."

"That makes no sense, and if you're tired go to sleep."

"No, I'll hang up once you get back home safely." He yawns.

"You're so sweet but um my phones almost out of battery." You say looking at your 4%

"Oh come on Y/N couldn't you have remembered your portable charger before coming to the library?" He groaned.

"My bad! When I left around 5pm today I had 92% I swear but now it's suddenly 4%!"

"It's alright I'll hang up so that if you are in danger you can at least call the cops with your 4%." He sighs.

"I'm sorry I'll let you know as soon as I'm home." You promise.

"Fine, fine, don't forget."

"I won't."

"Bye."

"Bye!"

You gathered your things and put them back into your bag as you began to walk.

Usually you'd listen to music or scroll through social media on your phone but because your smart self forgot to bring a charger, you're stuck here in pure silence as the only noise that could be heard were passing vehicles and the wind.

It wasn't that bad of a walk till you got to the same spot you'd found the kitten (reference to chapter one)

Should you take the long but safer way or the quick but slightly risky way?

Your mind was telling you to go the safer way but your aching body just wanted to go home.

"I mean it'll be fine." You tried to convince yourself.

After procrastinating for a minute or so you decide to go the shorter way.

Before walking in you open your bag and take out pepper spray and your pocket knife and shoved them into your pant pockets. Better safe than sorry.

You walk past the ally with an uneasy feeling following.

After a few seconds of speed walking you start to feel a bit better knowing that you're closer to your home.

As you continue walking you see a few people which makes you feel more at ease.

"It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be." You think to yourself and maybe it would've been a better idea to think that after you made it out of the alley because right at that moment you saw someone you recognized a bit too quickly.

Man, out of all people and times it had to be him and now.

You try to walk past him acting like you don't know him but he was quick to recognize you.

"Wait, I remember you."

You heard it loud and clear but chose to act like you didn't.

"I know you heard me."

"Oh are you talking to me?" You finally turn around, gripping on tightly the pepper spray in your pockets.

"I don't see anyone else here?"

"Sorry but I don't really remember you." You say ready to turn around and keep walking.

"Nah I'm sure you do but if you don't I can refresh your memory, Y/N." He says throwing away the cigarette he was smoking.

"Okay first of all let's talk about how you know my name." You turn around, finally questioning it. The day it happened you forgot about it probably because you were swarmed with a bunch of stress from what happened after you collapsed. (reference to chapter 6)

"Well that day at the bakery you still had your name tag on so I just assumed your name was Y/N." He shrugged.

He says making you feel stupid.

"And I guess I was right cause your boyfriend confirmed it right after." He said, referring to Keigo.

"He wasn't my boyfriend back then." You reassure him because back then he was with Naomi and you didn't want the villain standing in the alley to think of you as the girl who broke them up.

"So what now he is?"

".."

"Damn, was he not with another girl a few months ago? Talk about player."

"He's not a player, he broke up with her a while back." You defended your boyfriend.

"Oh so you're the homewrecker?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Wha.. NO no, I'm not the reason they broke up. She cheated." You now defended yourself.

"You sure? Are you sure she didn't cheat because she felt insecure about you?" He makes you feel guilty.

"Why should she feel insecure of me? She's gorgeous." You say remembering the fact that Naomi's literally a model.

"Yeah you're right. Don't know why he downgraded from a goddess to...you."

You were dumbfounded. No words.

"I'm gonna go now." You say turning around.

"Hey I was just kidding! Sort of, you're not too bad looking yourself." He says pushing himself off the wall he was leaning on.

"Thanks I guess but bye." You ignore his rude remarks.

"Don't leave yet, keep me company. There's nothing to do around here anyways." He starts walking beside you.

"Then find something else to do instead of standing in a random alley destroying your lungs."

"Nah, do you live close by? I'll stop by, we can have a tea party." He smiled.

"You think I like tea parties? 'I'm not like other girls'' You joked. Darn it, despite the fact that theres a literal villain here you still said something stupid like that.

"Dang you really had a "YN" moment."

"Wait like those Y/N's? The one's from Wattpad?" You questioned wondering how he knew.

"Yeah."

"So you read on Wattpad?" You tried to stop yourself from giggling.

"Nah but I had a sister who used to."

Despite the fact that he was a villain, you found yourself quite entertained.

"Anyways to answer your previous question, no I don't, I'm actually meeting up with Hawks at the moment so I'll have to politely pass you up on that offer." You walked faster.

Despite the fact that you were scared and your hands were shaking in your pockets at the thought of even being around someone capable of killing you any moment he desired, you didn't want to act scared and show him how vulnerable you are.

"Really? This late, what are you guys gonna do?" He caught up quicker than you thought.

"You know, things."

"Like?"

"Bake a cake."

"Boring."

You saw your apartment but you weren't gonna go, not taking any chances of a villain knowing where you live. So you turned random lefts and rights until your apartment was out of sight.

"Why are you following me?" You asked, noticing he followed you every left and rights you turned.

"I wanna say hi to him. We're friends you know." He smiled.

"That is unless you lied, but I'd trust that you're not lying cause you know if you're lying I'll kill you right now, right?" He turned to you as the wind blew his hood off revealing the half purple man.

"I'm not scared of you." You lied.

"Why, you think your hero boyfriend will protect you?" He laughed.

"Yes and I'm very well capable of protecting myself."

"I like you, let's be friends." He stated. And right at that moment you felt a wave of relief wash over you, you saw your brother, Elisa, and Takumi walking down to a convenience store that you did not recognize one bit.

"HEY GUYS!" You ran over to them, leaving the villain in the alley alone.

Was it stupid to put your friends and family in danger knowing he could kill you? Yes, but you had a gut feeling he wouldn't and went with it.

"Y/N why'd you emerge from the shadows like a creep?" Elisa asked.

"Got lost, till I saw you guys." You lied.

"See if you're telling me that you cannot make your way from the library to your own home, how am I supposed to let you live alone?" Katsuro sighed.

"Mhm." You say, not taking notice of what he's saying.

You look over your shoulder for a brief second to see if he was still there and there he was. Standing in the shadow like a weirdo.

"Okay guys let's go, I'm tired." You say pushing them away.

"What but we just got here." Takumi states.

"I know but it's okay, I'll make you guys something."

"What no, you can go home by yourself." Katsuro says.

"Fine, I guess I'll go by myself but if I get lost and you end up seeing my dead body on the news tomorrow, you'll only have yourself to blame." You sighed walking ahead of them.

They stood silent for a bit.

"Fine, we'll come, manipulative poopyhead." Takumi huffs and stomps his legs like a child.

"Oh please Takumi you're not 6 anymore, grow up." Elisa smacks her little brother across the head.

"Yeah man, and was the best insult you could come up with "poopyhead?" Katsuro questioned.

You put on a smiley face and walked back home but couldn't help the feeling of fear following.

Questions like "what if he's following?" or "what if he just pops up from a corner and ends us all right here?" You hated it. You hated the fact that you chose to go down that alley.

Why did you have to be so lazy and walk down the alley?

You felt your chest tighten as you kept hearing footsteps but soon came to realize it was other people walking down the streets.

Arriving home you do another quick check behind you.

You let out a sigh of relief and rush to your room.

You took out your phone and put it on your charger as you took out your laptop and facetimed him.

"I thought you died on the walk back." He said as soon as he answered.

"And you didn't bother to call me or even come looking for me?"" You rolled your eyes.

"Called you but the phone was dead and I know you're capable of protecting yourself." He smiles.

"Yeah, yeah, but I have something to tell you."

"Hm?"

"Um so like you know the villain that attacked us-" You started but were cut off.

"Him? What about him?"

"So like I ran into him-"

"What?"

"Stop cutting me off." You sighed in frustration.

"I was walking down an alley and then he was standing there and started following me."

"What. Why didn't you call me?!"

"Stupid, my phone was dead!"

"Y/N, you have to be more careful. What would I do if I lost you."

"I don't know.." You mumbled as you put your knees up to your chest and hugged yourself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185 8 11
[Y/N] is a 22-year-old newbie but rising hero whos combat and fighting style is unmatched as her quirk is related to music. "She's so joyful and conf...
153K 4K 29
Betrayal. Lust. Power. Rising from the shadows of her hidden life to save a stranger, Y/N L/N, a young woman with an overpowered quirk, is swept into...
4.9K 184 30
╰► ["𝐒𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨?"] "𝐍𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮" ┌── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──┐ ⊱ ──𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, You're in a "on...
680K 23.8K 69
"The sky is so tragically beautiful. A graveyard of stars." When a pro-hero passes out across the street from her bar in the middle of a spring storm...