Your Twinkling Eyes

By AdedoyinAyeni

Tami is a simple and cute seventeen year old girl who just finished her SSCE( secondary school) and is about... More

Author's Note
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Updated Cast List!!!!
Twenty -One
Twenty Two
Twenty -Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thrity Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six

Twenty

49 6 0
By AdedoyinAyeni

Tami🦋
I was finally resuming tomorrow and I was nervous about it. My mum finally managed to find a way to pay my school fees. My father's step brother that lived in the states, decided to help sponsor me throughout my schooling in crown lake.
He said that he promised my father while he was on his death bed to take care of I and my sisters and it was finally time to fulfill his promise.
My mum was extremely grateful to him for him extending his hand to our family and he said that it was his duty. He commended my mother for bringing us up really well and praised my efforts into studying medicine at crown lake.
I was also really thankful to him because he sincerely reduced the work load for my mum.
Derin's mum also told my mum that she'll be sending me a monthly allowance of fifty thousand naira.. She said it was the least she could do to assist us and my mum thanked her for her help..
Things were starting to look up for me, I mean my school fees issue had been solved, I don't have to worry about being hungry since a stable amount of money was going to be entering my account every month..
I still felt a bit weird about derin's mum helping me out, but my mum said I should think positive thoughts. She said we weren't sell outs, that this was God's way of looking out for us..
She was right though, God isn't going to come down to help us, he would only use people to do that..

I decided to push all of that to the back of my mind, thinking of the future instead and promising myself to do very well and succeed.
No distractions.
I opened my Instagram, feeling bored and needing to de-stress when a particular post came up on my explore page. I clicked on it directing me to a video which immediately started playing. The video was about a really pretty and tall white girl and it seemed like she was also resuming at crown lake because on her sweater she had the university crest on.
Uhn?.. wouldn't she stand out too much?

I paused the video, going directly to her page. My mouth dropped into the shape of an O as I stared at her IG profile in shock. This girl was insta famous with nearly five hundred thousand followers!
What was she doing in Nigeria?! Let alone going to crown lake university..
Her name apparently was Clarissa, and from my imminent stalking through her page I found out that her step father is Nigerian and is the owner of Lys Oil..
one of the most largest oil companies in all of west Africa!
I took a screenshot of her page, forwarding it straight to Derin. My nerves getting the best of me, if girls like Clarissa attended crown lake then who am I? Am I ever going to fit in?..

Derin immediately replied with a confused emoji wondering why I was sending him a picture of an instagram model.
"She attends our school" I sent..
"Wow!" He replied
"Her father is the owner of Lys oil" I sent
"Wow!" He replied
"Stop saying wow! And freak out with me.." I sent feeling anxiety
"Relax Tami.. why are you even freaking out?" He replied
"Because if girls like her attended crown lake, then.. what about me?.. I'm scared Derin" I sent whole heartedly
"Tami.. baby.. don't be scared. You have me, there's nothing to be afraid of trust me.. I told you I have your back" he replied soothing my raging nerves..
"Really?"
"Really.. now stop stalking this girl and prepare for school.. Tomorrow's the big day tami" he sent
"😂alright big guy.. I'll stop stalking her" I replied
"Good girl.."
"Derin.. promise me something"

"What's that baby?.."
"That whatever happens, we won't let this.. crown lake BS come between us.. that'll we always have each other's backs" I sent as I waited keenly for his reply..
"I promise Tami.." he sent back causing a smile to erupt on my face..
"Did you receive your crown lake crest?" I asked changing the topic..

Apparently crown lake university had a crest which must be worn on our clothes every day except Fridays.. They also had a strict dress codes, No mini skirts or shorts should be worn on school grounds. Tank tops and sleeveless tops were also banned, Strict lockdown rules which all students must adhere to.. No one leaves the dormitory once it's 11pm.. Contrabands like Stove, gas cooker, Iron were also banned.

The school had its own up to date cafeteria with the best cooks, a laundromat where we can get our clothes dry cleaned which were all added to our dormitory fees.
It really was a school for spoilt rich kids..
I was actually upset about the stove thing because I was hoping to make home cooked meals for myself and Derin. The dormitories were also divided by ranks.. I was in the 5th rank, and the fee alone was half of my school fees. Apparently the first and second ranks were for VVIPs like senators kids, oil and gas moguls, old money and kids of celebrities..

From the 5th to the 7th rank were for normal rich kids, middle class, and scholarship students.

My thoughts were immediately cut short by my ringing phone. I picked it up to see that it was Tony calling, I've missed him.. Ever since our date I hadn't had enough time for him and I know I was already wrecking our one week experimental relationship thing..
"Hey sweetheart" he greeted softly
"Hi tony, I've missed you.." I answered
"I've missed you too baby, but guess what?" He said confusing me..
"What?"
"I'm right outside your house" he said my eyes widening in surprise
"What?! You're joking"
"I'm serious.. come outside" he said with a chuckle..
I immediately left my room, running out the door into the compound and opening the gate. I stepped outside but no sign of Tony causing me to huff in annoyance as I held the phone close to my ear.
"You lied to me" I pouted
"Sweetheart look to your left" he said over the phone.
I turned to my left, my phone still by my ear when I sighted him leaning on the wall next to my gate with a charming smile on his face making me weak in the knees.. I ran towards him enveloping him a tight hug surprising him and erupting a deep laugh from him..
"Okay sweetheart.., I'm very happy to see you too" he teased causing me to laugh softly pulling away from him..
He held me close, our eyes not leaving each other as I gave him a smile causing him to lean in kissing me tenderly..

"I'm a bad experimental girlfriend aren't I?" I said with a pout. He gave a shrug before answering me with a teasing glint in his eyes..
"Well maybe just a little.."
"I'm sorry.. I've just been really busy with school preparations, I haven't had time for anyone else" I answered honestly feeling guilty..
"It's alright sweetheart, I understand." He assured me causing my heart to swell in happiness.
"Thanks.. Does that mean you still like me" I asked hopefully..
"I remember saying we had just one week to see if we can really work out" he drawled out giving me a look causing my expression to fall..
"Yeah.. but the week isn't over."
"I know sweetheart.." he continued.
"So what does that mean?" I asked watching him keenly..
I felt his hands snake around my waist, his eyes not leaving mine as I watched wondering what was about to happen..
"It means baby, that I want you to be my girlfriend.." he answered softly, his statement causing my eyes to widen in surprise..
"Really? Even with how I've been shitty with us?" I confirmed
"Yah." He said shortly, biting his lower lip in excitement causing butterflies to filter in my tummy.
"So Tami, can I be your boyfriend? Officially this time?.." he asked flashing me a charming smile leaving me speechless. I nodded my head unable to answer my head completely blank.
"Use your words sweetheart.." he drawled out teasingly causing me to giggle in excitement as I grabbed his face kissing him deeply.. I felt him smile into the kiss, the feeling so amazing..

I redrew from his lips giving him a cheery grin as I answered "Yes Tony, you can be my boyfriend"..
"I'm glad I asked.." he said causing me to laugh softly releasing myself from his hold as he took my hands in his..
"I leave tomorrow.." I remembered as I muttered feeling distraught..
"I see.."
"I'm sorry tony.. I really like you and I'm happy you asked me out and we're official now but.."
"Tami, stop.." he said cutting my rambling short with a smirk on his face..
"You're not mad?" I asked shyly..
"At all.. go get dressed, wear something fun.." he suddenly ordered confusing me..
"Why? Are we going somewhere?"
"Just go get dressed tami.." he repeated giving me a sly smirk..
"Okay.." I answered still confused about stepping into the compound turning to look at him..
"Go.."he mouthed giving me smile causing me to smile too walking back in to dress my mind wondering where he was taking me..

**************************************
Tony brought me to his house!
I was literally sitting in his car, staring at this really big mansion in lekki wondering what exactly I was doing here with him.. I lied to my mum that I was going to Kemi's house to say my goodbyes, not freaking lekki!..

I sat still in his car not saying a word, as I watched him drive in.. but I was really nervous.. I've never been to a guy's house before except derin's and it was different.
I wasn't dating him!
"Tami, Relax.. I'm not going to do anything, I promise" he said softly glancing at me causing me to sigh in relief at that..
"Then why did you bring me here?" I asked
"I just wanted to spend the whole day with you since we don't have much time left to be together.." he muttered shyly as he parked his car..
Aww..
"You could have just told me you know" I said with a small smile..
"I wanted to sound spontaneous" he defended with a pout causing me to laugh..
He sure did know when to act really cute..
Derin doesn't know what he's talking about, Tony doesn't do drugs.. and I'm going to be a good girlfriend and trust my boyfriend.
"Ready to have fun?" He asked giving me a lopsided grin..
"Yes.." I answered and with that we both got out of the car walking into his house..

Authors note
Cough cough.. wonder what might happen in there?
And aren't they just the cutest coupleee!
So any thoughts on tami and Derin going to the same school? Faculty?.. do you think they'll both remain best friends once they resume crown lake or will everything just become much more worse?

Also what do you think about Tami and Tony's relationship? Do you think he's smart enough to still date tami knowing that she's in a toxic relationship with her best friend and might still have lingering feelings for him?..

Lemme know In the comment section,
The upcoming chapters are going to be mad! So buckle up for some university dramaaa..
Please Vote..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 609 24
Jeremiah is a typical Nigerian teenager. He's been through a lot. He is broken. He is lost. But what can he do? He has NO friends and is not interest...
19.7K 3.7K 59
"Pleaseee...abeg, don't start this morning oo! It won't be funny" I threatened. "And what are you gonna do about it baby?" He smirked, whispering the...
594 45 12
CONTAINS SEXUAL CONTENT. Not your typical Nigerian teenage story. 17 Year old's, Jessabelle and her Best friend Blessing ignorantly Fall in love. Bu...
43.4K 4.5K 53
(Note: This story is totally NOT CLICHÉ. If you think I'm lying, then check it out)~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Daniel is the most popular, handsome and intelligent...