Kindred Spirits

By Mady_Jenkins

Maeve and her twin brother, Roman, were born eighteen years before the Civil War, living in the same town as... More

Character Aesthetic's
Part One
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Part Two
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Kindred-Spirits
Part Three
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Part Four
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
The End

Chapter Twenty-Two

75 0 0
By Mady_Jenkins

- I'm Pregnant -

__~~__

When I return home, mainly to hide from Charlie, my mom stops me.

"When was your last cycle?" She asks me, making me stop and think.

"Last month, why?" I ask her.

"When are you supposed to get your next one?" She inquires.

"What's today?" I ask her as I walk into the kitchen to grab some water.

"The fourteenth," I stop mid drink, coughing as I choke on the water.

"The fourteenth? I'm two weeks late!" I yell, panicked.

"I thought I saw your body shield you that night," my mom spoke. "You were worried Paul would attack you and your body defended itself."

"Body shield? That thing that flung Paul away from me?" I ask.

"Yes," I watch as she digs through her purse, grabbing two packages. "Take these."

I look down and see two pregnancy tests in her hand.

"You're not getting headaches," I said. "Carlisle was giving you pregnancy tests."

"Yes," she tells me.

"Does he knows they're for me?" I ask her, looking over at her.

"I'm sure he assumes they are," she tells me. "I became infertile a few years after we became immortal."

I sigh, taking a drink from the water bottle before going over to the downstairs bathroom. I take both out of the package and do as the inside instructed. I set them on some toilet paper and leave the bathroom.

I pace back and forth in the kitchen. Everyone besides my mom and I were at the Cullen's, which made this a little less stressful.

"What happens if it's positive?" I ask my mom, hugging myself.

"You tell Paul and go from there," she tells me.

I sigh, leaning against the counter.

"We didn't want kids yet," I tell her. "We were so careful."

"When we're you not?" She asks me, eating some peanuts.

I think of all the times we had done 'it'.

"The ceremony," I sigh, remembering how we got so caught up we forgot protection. "We were so caught up in the moment we forgot protection."

"That's also a very fertile night to a witch," she tells me. "It would make sense."

I sigh, rubbing my face as I think over everything.

"Things are about to get so crazy," I tell my mom. "I don't have time to be pregnant."

"What do you mean?" I look over at my mom.

"I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I feel like something is going to happen soon. The Volturi are going to be involve."

"I thought I felt something off the other day," she mumbles before the timer on the microwave goes off. "Go check it."

I sigh, pulling my hair up before going into the bathroom. When I look at both tests there was no denying the fact I was pregnant. Both, clear as day, were positive.

Tears build up in my eyes, I flip the lid of the toilet down and I sit down on it. I sniffle, wiping my cheeks from tears. I take a deep breath, trying to collect my thoughts as I sat there.

I heard a knock from the front door, but stayed still. For a moment I felt like I might throw up until I could feel his presence. A knock on the bathroom door made me jump out of my thoughts.

"I'm fine," I say, thinking it might be my mom.

"Can I come in?" I look at the door, heart racing.

I quickly grab the tests and hide them behind my back as I open the door.

"I'll be out soon," I tell him.

"Your mom just left," he tells me. "Said she needed to talk to Carlisle. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I lie as tears fill my eyes.

"No your not," he opens the door wider. "What's going on?"

"I'm pregnant," I sob, showing him the two positive tests. "I didn't know that I'd be so fertile during the ceremony until my mom said it just a few minutes ago. I swear I didn't-."

He pulls me into a kiss, shutting me up. I pull more into him, enjoying his embrace. When we pull away he wipes my tears from my cheeks.

"We'll get through this," he tells me. "Together."

I hug him, crying into his chest as he comforts me.
"I'm so scared," I tell him.

"Why?" He pulls away a bit to look down at me.

That's when I spilled how I felt. About how I felt like something bad was going to happen soon. I wasn't sure what it was, but it involved the Volturi and that in itself was bad enough. We just got rid of them when they came to check on Bree and now we have to deal with them again.

After I was done spewing things to him we both went to the living room and curled up on the couch, a test in each of our hands.

"What do you think it'll be?" Paul asked me, hand on my lower stomach.

"I think it'll be a boy," I tell him, looking at the two pigmented lines. "I feel it."

"I hope so," Paul tells me, making me look up at him. "I hope he has my genes and shifts when he's in high school, so the pack won't ever die."

I smile at the thought.

"I hope that too," I tell him, curling into him as I stared at the test. "It still doesn't feel real."

"I know," Paul sets the test on the table beside us, taking mine from my hands. "But let's enjoy the moment and not stress on it."

I smile up at him, giving his chin a small kiss beside curling into him more. His warmth soothed my racing mind as he kept his hand on my lower belly and the other around me rubbing my back.

I slowly fell into a sleep. The dream was beautiful. We lived in a cabin like house like Paul's family. I was rocking back and forth in a chair with a baby in my arms while a toddler raced around in the yard with Seth. I smiled as I watched them, happy he had someone to look up too.

Paul pulls up on his black truck, dirty from a long day at work. He and a few of the pack members opened up a mechanics shop on the reservation, which is why he was covered head for toe in grease. He greeted Seth before walking up the stairs and over to me.

He kisses my forehead and the babies before going inside. I watch Seth with the young boy as the baby in my arms sleep. For a moment, I had only hoped this would be how the future would be. Seth would come over and help me while Paul was at work and then stay for dinner before leaving to go home and do homework.

I sigh, letting the dream play on. When I woke up, Paul was gone and Seth was there. He was asleep on the chair beside the couch, laying in an uncomfortable position. I sit up, stretching before getting up and waking Seth up.

"Seth," I shake him lightly. "Seth, go lay on the couch."

He woke up, looking around quickly before looking up at me.

"Paul made me come watch over you," he tells me. "I'm not sure why, but he was admit I stay and watch over you."

"I'm pregnant," I tell him, causing him to jump up and hug me.

"Congratulations!" He yells, excitement gleaming in his eyes.

"Thank you," I smile. "Now go lay on the couch. I'll wake you when dinner is done."

He smiles sheepishly before moving to the couch. I help mom cook while Seth slept. Waking up to Seth made me smile. He was going to be a great imprint one day.

__~~__

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.6K 2K 26
Brinley Holt just moves to Forks, Washington to help her parents out since they decided to move up here. Mom works in Port Angeles, and dad works at...
70.1K 1.2K 30
"What is making you act this way towards me? Is it Sam?" He doesn't meet my eyes. "Just drop it Gemma, there is no future with me. We can't do this a...
917K 25.6K 30
ใ€Œ๐——๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—ข๐—Ÿ๐—”๐—ง๐—˜ใ€โ We all made mistakesโž โ–ช๏ธŽ Synopsis โ–ช๏ธŽ Serena, the eldest Black sister, had moved after she had broken it off with Paul Lahote. Bef...
695K 23.1K 84
โ›fight so dirty, but you love so sweet, talk so pretty, but your heart got teeth!โœ โ˜€๏ธŽ๏ธŽ โ˜€๏ธŽ๏ธŽ โ˜€๏ธŽ๏ธŽ โ”โ”โ” ๐•ฝebekah ๐•ฎullen, the youngest of the Cu...