Kindred Spirits

By Mady_Jenkins

Maeve and her twin brother, Roman, were born eighteen years before the Civil War, living in the same town as... More

Character Aesthetic's
Part One
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Part Two
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Kindred-Spirits
Part Three
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Part Four
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
The End

Chapter Twenty-One

78 0 0
By Mady_Jenkins

- Apologies And Forgiveness -

__~~__

We stand around as Bella sits up, looking around the room with wide eyes as she takes in her new senses. Bella approaches Edward, touching his face to feel his temperature.

"Beautiful," Edward spoke, gently stroking Bella's face. "We're the same temperature now."

Bella turns and looks in the mirror at herself. She looks herself over before turning and pulling Edward into a hug, crushing him.

"Hey, Bella, you're a lot stronger than I am right now. It's your turn not to break me," Edward jokes.

"I love you," Bella tells him, pulling back to look up at him.

"I love you," Edward replies.

They kiss, enjoy each others embrace before Bella pulls away.

"Renesmee," Bella spoke, looking around.

"She's incredible," Edward smiles.

"Where is she? I have to see her," Bella turns to leave.

"Wait. Wait," Edward stops her. "You need to get your thirst under control."

Suddenly she looks hungry.

"Yeah, you'll need to hunt," Edward tells her.

They leave and I go outside where Jake, Seth, and Leah were. They were all eating what my mom prepared for them on the bed of Jake's truck. I go to greet them when a snap of a twig catches my attention. There stood Paul, his eyes were red and he looked apologetic.

"Can we please talk?" Paul asked.

"Yeah," I follow him into the woods.

It was silent for a while before Paul stopped me.

"I'm so sorry," he cries, tears falling from his eyes. "I was just worried that whatever Bella was carrying could kill you. After all, even Carlisle didn't know what was growing inside Bella."

I look at the leaf covered ground. A part of me didn't want to forgive him, but I knew deep down I couldn't live without him.

"Never make me choose between you and something else," I look up at him. "Because sometimes I'll choose the other thing, no matter how much I care about you."

"I won't," he tells me, wiping his tear stained face.

He pulls me into a hug, holding me close to him. When we pull away I pull him into a kiss before I saw a vision of Seth getting hurt. I look up at Paul panicked before rushing back to the Cullen house.

"Nessie? You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness monster?" I heard Bella yell in anger before a whimper.

I rush into the scene and over to Seth, who whimpered when I helped him stand back up.

"Seth, are you okay?" Jake looked over at him as I examined Seth.

Seth whimpers when I touch a part of his front leg.

"Seth, I'm sorry," Bella apologizes, making me turn and glare ag her.

"He'll be alright," I hiss out, turning back to Seth as Leah nudged Seth towards the house. "Shift back and get dressed and I'll check you out."

I went inside to the kitchen, grabbing some things from Carlisle's little hospital like room. When Seth comes in, Leah is right behind him.

"If there is any discomfort, let me know," Paul walks in behind Leah, shutting the door.

"Okay," Seth nods, preparing for pain.

I feel his right arm, feeling for anything broken. When he tenses up I stop, feeling the area carefully.

"You probably have a small fracture," I tell him, trying to feel anything. "I can heal it cleanly for you, but it'll be uncomfortable."

"Do it," Leah said, grabbing Seth's other hand.
I look at Seth.

"If it gets to uncomfortable, tell me to stop," I tell him before I close my eyes and wrap my hands around the area.

I could hear Seth grunt and feel him tense under my touch. After a few minutes the fracture is cleanly healed and he can move his arm sigh no pain.

"Just be careful," I tell him. "Just because I healed it cleanly doesn't mean it's not fragile. In a few days you won't have to worry about it."

"Thank you," Seth gives me a hug before hopping off the stool.

Leah thanks me with a hug before following after Seth.

"You got close with all of them," Paul says as I grab everything I didn't need.

"Spending a few weeks with them, without the rest of the pack, give you time to get to know them," I tell him as I head to Carlisle's hospital like room. "Especially Jake. I would've been helpless without him."

"What do you mean?" I put up everything up where they belong as we speak.

"He helped me process my feelings after you left," I tell him. "He's become a good friend of mine. I'd tend to his pack without him asking any day."

Paul stayed silent as my mom walked in with Carlisle.

"What's wrong?" I asked them.

"Nothing, just giving your mom a check over," Carlisle tells me. "She's been getting some intense headaches."

"Oh," I look over at my mom. "Are you okay?"

"I'm sure it's just stress," she tells me, brushing it off.

"Okay," I give her a kiss on the cheek before leaving with Paul.

When we got to the kitchen, Bella and Edward walk in.

"Wow," Emmett says, looking over at them. "Done already?"

"Where's Renesmee?" Bella asks.

"Blonde stole her," Emmett tells her. "Break a lot of stuff?"

I laugh, smacking Emmett on the shoulder as I pass him.

"Emmett," Edward shakes his head. "No."

I laugh with Emmett, shaking my head as he shakes his head at the two. Suddenly the phone rings, probably Charlie. He had been calling since Bella was turned.

"Is that Charlie?" Bella asks, looking at the phone.

"He's been calling twice a day," Edward tells her.

"He's in pretty rough shape," Jake tells her.

"Eventually, we'll have to tell him you didn't make it," Carlisle tells her, walking in with my mom behind him.

"He needs to mourn, Bella," Edward tells her

"Okay," Bella nods. "We'll do it tomorrow."

"I'm gonna miss this place," Emmett said, looking around.

"We'll come back," Carlisle tells him. "We always do."

"Wait," Jake looks at eveyone. "Nobody said anything about leaving."

"Once people believe Bella's dead, we can't risk anyone seeing her," Carlisle tells him.

"So you just disappear?" Jake asks, upset.

"Jacob, we don't have another choice," Edward tells him.

Jake looks at everyone before storming out of the house and leaving. Suddenly I was pulled into a vision.

I watch as Jake pulls up to Charlie's house, rushing to the backyard to talk to him.

"Hey. You heard anything?" Charlie asks.

"Charlie, Bella is... Uh..." Jake trails off, leading Charlie to think she's dead.

"No, she's not," Charlie said, a frown tugs at his lips.

"No, no, no, I mean, she's fine. She's back home and she's feeling better," Jake tells him.

"Why didn't you say so? That's great," Charlie goes to walk off, but Jake's stops him.

"Wait. There's something you need to see first," Jake's tells him.

"I need to see Bella," Charlie tells him.

"Look, in order for Bella to get better, she had to change," Jake tells him.

"What do you mean, 'change'?" Charlie asks, confused.

"Here goes nothing," Jake's says before he strips of his clothes.

"What the hell are you doing?" Charlie asked, looking away from Jake.

"You don't live in the world you think you do," Jake said, tugging off his pants.

"Jacob, put your clothes on," Charlie looks away, not wanting to see a naked Jake.

"Now, this may seem strange. Really strange," Jake tells him. "But stranger things happen every day. Trust me."

Before Charlie could say anything else, Jake shifted into his wolf. Charlie yells, falling backwards away from Jake in fear.

Before I could see more, I'm back in the kitchen with everyone.

"We'll things are about to get a whole lot more interesting," I mumble, grabbing an apple and taking a bite from it.

__~~__

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.4K 565 42
Adelaide Swan has lived most of her life with her mother. But when her mother wants to travel with her new husband Phil, Adelaide and her twin sister...
70.1K 1.2K 30
"What is making you act this way towards me? Is it Sam?" He doesn't meet my eyes. "Just drop it Gemma, there is no future with me. We can't do this a...
212K 4.3K 22
Melissa Marie Whitlock was born in Texas to an Annabelle Whitlock, in November of 1863. She was born right as her uncle was changed into a vampire, a...
90.6K 2K 26
Brinley Holt just moves to Forks, Washington to help her parents out since they decided to move up here. Mom works in Port Angeles, and dad works at...