Your Twinkling Eyes

By AdedoyinAyeni

Tami is a simple and cute seventeen year old girl who just finished her SSCE( secondary school) and is about... More

Author's Note
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Updated Cast List!!!!
Twenty -One
Twenty Two
Twenty -Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thrity Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six

Sixteen

57 9 0
By AdedoyinAyeni

Tami 🦋
It was finally time to go back home, and I didn't want to. I wanted to stay here with my aunt and cousin and most especially I didn't want to go far away from Tony. This week has been anything but amazing and I enjoyed the well deserved break.

I hadn't seen Tony ever since the day we kissed and I felt like he was ignoring me but my cousin said that he heard from kaycee that he had to go back home due to a family emergency. When I heard the news, I felt really upset because I was hoping to spend the rest of the week with him.

I asked dazzle if she could help me get his number from kaycee, so I could at least check up on him and tell him goodbye but she said he didn't have a phone.
What seventeen year old doesn't have a cell phone?!
It really sucked, it felt like a fairytale. Like a page out of a book, like what had happened between us was just meant to be that week and I decided to push him to the back of my mind and accept the truth.
Tony was just another part of my life that wasn't supposed to happen and felt too good to be true.

My cousin promised to get his number for me, if he eventually came back but I told her not to worry. It wouldn't be worth it, what happened between us stays in Festac and I was already planning on forgetting about it even with how much it hurt me. As I waited downstairs for the taxi to come pick me up, I suddenly remembered meteor. Even if Tony and I didn't get to say goodbye I wasn't going to leave without saying goodbye to his kitten.

I walked to the back of the apartment, finding the shed immediately. Meteor was still there and she was busy drinking her milk from a bowl. I noticed that Tony had already prepared her food for the time he'll be gone with a scheduled time table pinned to the door of the shed.
Aww..
I picked Meteor up, stroking her warm fur already missing her as she meowed in response loving the way I hugged her close. I dropped her down finally, bringing out a piece of paper and pen from my bag deciding to write tony a note.

Hey tony, I hope you're okay.. and if you find this note then I just wanted to say good bye. Thanks for making this week amazing for me, I figured out I wouldn't leave without at least saying goodbye to meteor. I'm not mad at you for not telling me you were leaving at the last minute but.. I miss you.. and I hope to see you soon..          love tami.
I finished writing, folding the note and pinning it to the back of the feeding timetable on the shed. I heard a horn snapping me out of my thoughts and tony, the taxi had already arrived.
I bent down giving meteor one last stroke.
"Goodbye Meteor.."
I said as I finally left..
I'm really going to miss this place..

**************************************************
Kemi was currently in my room as she sat excitedly listening to me talk about this new Chinese series I just started watching on YouTube. It's been a month since I came back home and it's just been like nothing ever happened in Festac.

I hadn't heard from Tony and my cousin said she also didn't get to see him much. She did say he came back the next day after I left but he seemed unhappy and was leaving with all of his things. I asked if the kitten still stayed at the back of the apartment but she said he took Meteor with him.
There was so many mysteries surrounding Tony but I guess nothing was ever meant to happen between us..

I did wonder if he saw my note, or if he still thought about me and our kiss. Since jamb had already commenced, I had a lot of free time on my hands. Derin and I were still friends but we hardly hung out much since Naomi had all of his attention and honestly it didn't bother me like it used to because all that mattered to me was Tony and I missed him so much.

My mum had already started shopping for new clothes since crown lake was resuming really soon, jamb was to release our results in a week's time and I didn't know how to feel about it.
"TAMI!" Kemi shouted startling me and bringing me out of my thoughts.
"Geez! Kemi why did you scream like that?" I said giving her a small frown.
"Where was your mind you this girl? I've been calling you for ages now.." she said folding her arms looking disappointed.
"Sorry kems, I was thinking about something" I answered honestly.

"What were you thinking about?" She asked
"Tony" I answered with a sigh.
Kemi knew about Tony, immediately I came back from Festac. She visited the next day and I had no choice but to tell her everything and she was beyond excited. Said that it was good for me and I needed a man finally..
Her words not mine..

She was upset though, that we were unable to say goodbye one last time or that I couldn't get his number or social media handle. We did try to search for him on the internet but I figured out that I didn't actually know anything about him. I only knew that his name was Anthony, the school he wanted to attend, he had tattoos, a cousin named Stella and that he was Mrs Ehrabor's grand son.

Kemi was upset that I didn't even know the basic things about him and I realized that tony was more mysterious than I ever thought.
Was his name even tony?
"Honestly ehn babe I wished you had a number or something or even knew his full name. It'll have helped in searching him on Instagram" Kemi said
"I know and I feel so stupid for not asking for all of that basic stuff... but I miss him so much. Tony was the best part of my trip to Festac" I said with a sigh laying on my bed when I heard a voice.

"Who's Tony?"
I looked up to see who said that only to be met with Derin's piercing gaze standing right in front of my room with his hands in his pockets.My eyes widen in surprise at his presence wondering what he was doing in my house and how in the world he managed to escape Naomi's grip.
"Derin, what're you doing here?" I asked in surprise as I watched him walk inside my room closing my door.

"Tami, who's tony?" He repeated giving me a look and I shuddered at his gaze.. He heard everything, and I didn't know if I should answer him and feel about it. I hadn't told Derin about tony because I felt it'll be weird since my relationship with him wasn't exactly normal.
"Shut up joor, why are you here? You finally managed to escape the tight grip of your girlfriend shey?" Kemi taunted giving him a look.
He laid down next to me, propping his face on his elbows before shocking Kemi and I with the words that came out of his mouth.
"She's not my girlfriend anymore"
"Uhn?" I said not sure I heard him right.
"Naomi and I broke up" he said with a shrug.
"Jesus Christ!" Kemi exclaimed in surprise at the news and I also looked at Derin in shock wondering if he was playing a joke on us..
"You're serious?" I said looking at him.
"Yup.. we broke up last night.." he answered.
"Wow".. I said not knowing exactly what to say.

Derin was single again, he and Naomi were no longer an item and I didn't know what to feel about that. Should I be happy? I mean now I could try and push us together but why don't I feel elated by this news.
That's because you like tony now dumbo..'my conscious said'.
I was about asking why his relationship with Naomi suddenly ended when my phone beeped that I had just gotten a WhatsApp text message from an unknown number. I clicked on the screen opening the text message my eyes widening in shock as I read it.
Hi tami, it's tony.. did you miss me?
"Oh my fucking God!!!" I screamed in disbelief and excitement.
"What happened?" Derin asked confused and startled while Kemi wondered why I kept screaming at my phone.
"Babe? Are you okay?" She asked
"Kemi, Tony just sent me a text!" I said turning to look at her unable to hide my smile.
Kemi's eyes widened in shock before she burst out screaming happily coming to join me on my bed collecting my phone and reading the message.
"Who's this Tony?" Derin asked looking very confused as to why Kemi and I wouldn't stop grinning at my phone like idiots.
"Oh my God babe, you have to text him back! Like right now" she pushed..
"Alright, relax.." I said calming myself down before typing.

"Hi.. what a surprise...was thinking you wiped off completely from the face of the earth."
"Why would you write that?" Kemi groaned shaking her head.
"What's wrong in what I wrote now?" I whined
"Everything!"
"Shh, he's typing back" I said shushing her as we both stared keenly at my phone.

"Nah.. something just came up, you can't get rid of me that easily sweetheart.."
I blushed as I read the nickname he called me Kemi teasing me and pinching my sides causing me to laugh before replying him.
"Heard it was a family emergency.. are you okay?" I sent
"Yeah.. I had to fly out to South Wales, my little sister fell really sick and needed surgery.." he replied.
"South Wales? Isn't that like in the UK?" Kemi asked me but my mind was in thought..
"I didn't know you had a little sister though, I hope she's okay now.." I sent.
"There's a lot of things you don't know about me tami.. but yeah she's fine now. Thanks for asking" he replied.
"You're welcome, but tony, how did you get my number?" I asked curiously.
"I asked your cousin for it. sorry I'm just texting now though, I just got a new phone"
"So it's true.."
"What is?"
"That you don't really have a phone" I said
"Lol how do you know?"
"I might have asked kaycee for your number before I left and he told me" I answered.
"I guess I wasn't the only one missing you.." he sent causing me to blush..

"Oh my God! That's so romantic" Kemi said causing me to smile..
"So are you back in Nigeria now for good?" I asked
"Yeah and I want to see you.."..
I smiled about replying him when Derin dragged my phone out of my hands scrolling through my texts with tony looking angry.
"Derin what's your Problem now?!" Kemi shouted with a frown on her face..
"Derin give me my phone!" I screamed struggling to get it out his hands.
"Who's tony? And why.. why do you look so happy to talk to him? Why does he want to see you?" Derin asked glaring at me.

I wasn't going to answer his questions, not that I don't want to I just can't.. so instead I struggled to collect my phone from him but blame my short height because it was making it hard for me to get it back.
"Derin give me my phone!"
"Not until you answer me tami" he said.
How do you tell your best friend that you've been inlove with for years that you have a new crush all of a sudden.

"Tony's just.."
"He's her crush!" Kemi blurted out eyeing him in the process cutting me short as I looked at her in disbelief.
The news seemed to surprise Derin as he looked at me. I watched his expressions keenly wondering what his next move was going to be..
"Your crush?.." He repeated slowly staring at me..
"Yes Derin, Tony likes tami and he's even kissed her" Kemi said folding her arms..
I gave her a look that said stop talking!
Derin's eyes seemed to twitch at the mention of Tony kissing me and I turned to look at him to see that his eyes looked vulnerable and hurt..
"He likes you?" He asked..
"I think so" I answered honestly..
"Do you like him?" He asked me his eyes looking so vulnerable and for the first time I could read his emotions..
"I..I.." I stuttered not knowing what to say as I stared back at him..
"Answer me tami, do you like him?" He asked again
"Yes.." I answered with my head hung low afraid to look into his eyes.
I eventually raised my eyes to meet his and Derin's eyes held hurt.. He looked so hurt by my answer. Like as if I just pierced him in the heart with a knife and I couldn't help but feel so guilty that I was doing something wrong..
I didn't mean to hurt him..
"Alright tami, I guess I'll see you around then.." he said walking out of my room slamming the door on the floor way out causing me to flinch my head low feeling really upset.
I think I just pushed away my best friend and I honestly didn't know how to feel about it.

Authors Note:
Oh oh.. Derin and Tami shippers please don't kill me 😂😭😭
Tony and Tami shippers where y'all at?!!
Cos this book seems to be heading you guys way tho.. hehehe

Please comment and Vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.4K 10.5K 58
This story is based on a true life story. Adesua is forced to attend a new school against her wishes. Fortunately for her, she finds her first love i...
6K 1.3K 42
π‘°π’Žπ’‚π’ˆπ’Šπ’π’† π‘»π’‰π’Šπ’”... You walk into room 17 in the sickbay in search of your boyfriend. Much to your surprise and horror, you find him cheating...
23.1K 792 39
A girl, that been made fun of her whole life has become nothing more then a shut in. She tends to stay to her self until she gotten transfered to UA...
46.4K 10.7K 37
A NIGERIAN THEMED NOVEL "You have got your tities out and panties in a twist but your crush doesn't still notice you." Ore is a sixteen-year-old unde...