Kindred Spirits

By Mady_Jenkins

Maeve and her twin brother, Roman, were born eighteen years before the Civil War, living in the same town as... More

Character Aesthetic's
Part One
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Part Two
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Kindred-Spirits
Part Three
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Part Four
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
The End

Chapter Seventeen

78 1 1
By Mady_Jenkins

- Bliss Filled Nights -

__~~__

I laugh as Paul picks me up, throwing me over his shoulder as we head to his house for the night. Apparently his father went on a hunting trip with his uncle and we have the house to ourselves.

I hit his back lightly, earning a laugh from him.

"Let me down," I laugh, trying to see where we were going.

I see a fairly large log cabin like house nearing us. The porch light was on and Paul's black truck was parked in front of the house beside a bike. Paul slowly let's me down as we near the stairs, letting me fix my dress before he grabs my hand and leads me inside.

Inside there was a table lamp on beside the brown couch. Paul flicks on the lights, illuminating the interior of the house. There were framed photos along the top of the fireplace and along the walls. I look at them while Paul walks off somewhere.

In one of the photos it was a young Paul with who looked like Jared playing in the backyard; both covered in mud as the smiles big toothy grins. Another was of a woman, her belly swollen, smiling sheepishly at whomever was taking the photo.

"That's my mom," Paul spoke behind me, hugging me close to his chest. "She would've loved you."

"What happened to her?" I look at the picture, noticing the small wince behind the smile.

"She passed when I was three," Paul tells me. "Car crash."

"I'm sorry," I turn around in his arms, looping my arms around his neck.

"Don't be," he smiles down at me. "She watches over my family everyday. I just hope she's happy with how we turned out without her."

"I can ask," I look back at the picture. "If you want?"

"You can do that?" I look up at him.

"I can try," I smile.

We both get comfortable on the couch as I hold onto a necklace that was once Nelly's. I closed my eyes, pushing myself into the Vail. I open my eyes once I'm inside, seeing a woman smiling over at me from the doorway.

"Hi Maeve," she smiles, walking closer before sitting down in the chair closest to Paul.

"Hi Nelly," I smile, gripping into the necklace.

"You can see her?" I heard the echo of Paul from the mortal world.

"Yeah," I tell him, smiling as I see her cross her legs and lean back in her chair. "She's beautiful, Paul."

"I could say the same for you," Nelly replied, smiling. "I know you won't be able to stay here long, so I'll be quick."

"Take your time," I tell her, leaning into Paul.

"My son, he can be overwhelming sometimes," Nelly spoke, looking at Paul. "Every girl that walked through that door eventually left without returning."

I look over at Paul, his eyes already looking at me.

"I can tell you're different though," I look back over to Nelly, who smiles at me. "I think my time of watching over him is completed. He has you now to do that."

I smile at that, squeezing Paul's hand.

"Do you want me to tell him anything?" I ask her.

"I have a question," she tells me.

"What's she saying?" Paul's voice echos around me.

"She has a question for you," I tell him.

I watch as she stands, walking over to Paul and placing her hand on his back. I feel Paul shiver beside me, tightly gripping my hand.

"Ask him if he feels me," she looks over at me.

"Can you feel her? Her hands on your right shoulder," I tell him, feeling him stiffen beside me.

"I can," he tells me.

I watch as she removes her hand, causing Paul to relax.

"Can he feel me now?" She asks me.

"Can you feel her now?" I ask him.

"No," his voice echos around me.

"Tell him that's me telling him it's okay to let go," she tells me. "Tell him I'll be there when he prays to me, but as of now he has you. There is no need for me to linger around him anymore."

I repeat what she says, causing Paul to smile.

"I'm going to Terrance," she tells me. "Have fun."

She then disappears, snapping me out of the Vail. I look over at Paul, who's smiling still.

"Thank you," before I could process what's happening his lips are on mine.

The kiss is deep and filled with passion. After that moment the rest of the night was filled with bliss as we become one for the first time.

The following two days I stayed with Paul at his house, walking around in his shirts. Every morning I was woken to breakfast before he had to go on patrol. Tonight we were doing the ceremony at this spring that's in the woods by my house.

I knew Paul was nervous to drink the blood mixture and I couldn't blame him. After all, his enemies drink blood to survive. As I get dressed in one of Paul's shirt and my dress, tying the shirt to make it fitted to my body, I grab everything I need before going back to my house.

When I get back I inform my mom about needing to prepare for the ceremony tonight. Tonight was a full moon, which means it has to be tonight. I grab everything and start mixing the herbs together before boiling it into a drink. All that we'd have to do is put our blood in the drink and we're good to go.

For the rest of the day I spend time with Roman and Bree. It was nice to get to know Bree. She was so kind and fitted into our misfit family.

When night came around, Paul met me at the spring. I set the two small jars of the drink down before turning to my mom.

"What do we do now?" I ask her, my nerves starting to kick in.

"Take everything but your undergarments off," she instructs me, lighting two candles and setting them by the drink and dagger. "You'll blow these out when you get out of the water. While in the water, stay close together and imagine your lives together. Once the moon is at its highest, make sure you're touching. Once it's moves away from the highest placement, you can either leave or just stay for a while to swim. You have five minutes to drink the mixture, get undressed, and get in the water."

"Thank you," I kiss my mom on the check before she rushes away; I turn to Paul. "Let's begin."

I walk over to him, opening the jars and grabbing the dagger. I slice the palm of my hand, letting blood pool in my hand before squeezing the blood into Paul's jar. I do the same for Paul, who whimpers when I cut his palm. He puts his blood in my jar and we both grab our jar.

"To a long lifetime," I smile, looking him in the eyes.

"To a long lifetime," he repeats before be both chug the mixture.

"We have to hurry," I quickly strip down to my undergarments before rushing into the spring with Paul following behind me.

I watch the sky as we stand in the deepest part of the water. His arms were around me, my legs around his waist, both of us watching the sky. Suddenly the sky became fuzzy before it started to move around like a starry night.

I look to Paul, who was watching the sky in shock. I laugh, head leaning into his shoulder.

"What's so funny?" He asks me, laughing along with me.

"I've never got high before," I tell him, leaning back and looking him in his eyes. "Remind me to never do this again."

He laughs, nodding before looking back up to the sky. I look too, seeing the moon in its highest placement. I look to Paul and kiss him, his lips mold into mind. The kiss becomes heated quickly, leading us to being intimate in the spring. Once we were done we leave the water, the high gone. We both take the candle, which hasn't melted to much thankfully. I look to him.

"On three," I tell him. "One, two, three..."

We both blow out the candles at the same time, the smoke fills the air from the two wicks. We then dress and head back to his house for the night. When we get back to his place we have more fun before going to sleep.

In the morning I headed home after breakfast and kissing Paul goodbye. When I got home, mom and dad were talking in the kitchen. I walk over to them, grabbing some water from the fridge.

"I'll go get the jars and candles later," I inform my mom.

"I got them this morning," dad tells me, reading the paper.

"Thank you," I smile, sitting down at the table.

"You're glowing," I look up at my mom, who's smiling down at me. "You had a successful ceremony."

I smile, happy to finally being one step closer to being one with Paul.

__~~__

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 4.3K 22
Melissa Marie Whitlock was born in Texas to an Annabelle Whitlock, in November of 1863. She was born right as her uncle was changed into a vampire, a...
197K 6K 72
Marshall Hale, Rosalie's biological older brother, is nothing more than a pretty face with a snarky attitude and a long list of bodies backing his na...
917K 25.6K 30
γ€Œπ——π—˜π—¦π—’π—Ÿπ—”π—§π—˜γ€β We all made mistakes❞ β–ͺ︎ Synopsis β–ͺ︎ Serena, the eldest Black sister, had moved after she had broken it off with Paul Lahote. Bef...
6.3K 303 10
Kota Angel Whitlock-Hale x Bianca Kaitlyn Jade Lahote x Sebastian Duke Masen-Cullen Summary: Bianca Lahote is the younger twin sister of La Push's o...