Heroes | JJK ✔️

By starcrossedpjm

in which two teenagers balance being high schoolers and superheroes while being in love with the other withou... More

Heroes | JJK
i. Intro
ii. Chemistry
iii. Stutter
iv. Shoes
v. Appear
vi. Fly
vii. Thoughts
viii. Smile
ix. First
x. Partner
xi. Friend
xii. Teacher
xiii. Nervous
xiv. Race
xv. Time
xvi. Birthday
xvii. Anything
xviii. Cage
xix. Heaven
xx. Hope
xxi. Trust
xxii. Date
xxiii. Beautiful
xxiv. Truth or Dare
xxv. Moonlight
xxvi. Sunset
xxvii. Applause
xxviii. Warm
xxix. Victory
xxx. Flame
xxxi. Better
xxxii. Present
xxxiii. Paint
xxxiv. Stain
xxxv. Always
xxxvi. Fake
xxxvii. Collapse
xxxviii. Jimin
xxxix. Important
xl. Nightmare
xli. Winter
xlii. Lost
xliii. Silence
xliv. Storm
xlv. Fear
xlvi. Spider
xlvii. Connected
xlviii. Dark
xlix. Mina
l. Everything
lii. Shadow
liii. Outro

li. Uncertain

736 39 5
By starcrossedpjm

불확실

THE RAYS OF the sun shined through the window in Jungkook's bedroom, right onto Mina's closed eyes as her head was leaning on a pillow. The winter light was slowly heating her skin, and being someone easily wakened, her eyes fluttered open on that crisp morning.

She squinted and tilted her head away, immediately feeling a weight on her abdomen, and she curiously looked down to see an arm, a bandage wrapped around part of it. Trailing her eyes to the body it belonged to, she was met with the sight of a soundly sleeping Jungkook, his mouth slightly open as he breathed out. He was laying on his side, facing her with his cheek pressed into his pillow.

Her face softened at the sight of him, the events of the previous night in her mind. Cleaning up the rest of his wounds, eating a quick dinner with Jungkook's mother, covering their eyes when the other was changing, and the kiss. Mina could melt just thinking about it.

Then, her mind traveled to the other events of the day before, like finding out her father was Shadow. The recollection had her shutting her eyes, a deep sigh falling out of her mouth. Swiftly turning her head on the pillow, she read the time on the alarm clock, seeing it to be half-past eight. They were supposed to be in school, however, were laying in his bed. Mina knew there was no way she could go to school with her mind in a haze. School was barely a priority at that point.

She almost laughed to herself. Her father actually ended up as the reason she couldn't go to school.

However, she knew they had to go to Master's house and tell him everything. He would know what to do.

But then exactly, what would we do? Mina bit her lip in thought. Despite being a ruthless villain, Sungyun was still her father. But then again, when has he ever acted as a father?

Mina harshly swallowed, shaking herself out of these thoughts as she gently turned onto her right side, the motion being felt by Jungkook under his arm as he stirred, his nose scrunching comfortably.

Mina admired the astounding sight of Jungkook, mere inches away from her face. The room was cold, the early winter weather seeping through the walls of his house, but she was still warm in his embrace.

With a light smile, she brought her hand to Jungkook's arm on her waist, tracing her fingers along his exposed skin as she stared at him adoringly. This was everything she had dreamed of, finally having Jungkook this close to her heart, and she never wanted to let him go.

Jungkook twitched in the bed, the blankets ruffling over the two. He let out a low hum, his eyes still firmly shut. "Tickles."

Mina fondly smiled, instead placing her palm on his forearm, running it soothingly over it and around his elbows.

"Mmm," Jungkook hummed, his lips pouting as his eyes fluttered open, slowly blinking twice before his vision focused on a sunkissed Mina in front of him. He shifted in his spot, fixing his arm around her waist and unintentionally pulling her closer as he closed his eyes again.

"Good morning," Mina whispered, moving her hand to place it on his cheek instead, her thumb caressing his soft skin. Jungkook felt himself smile, leaning into her touch as he floated in and out of a slumber. He felt safe and comfortable with her in his arms, his waking heart thumping in his chest as the heat rose to his cheeks.

"Good morning," he whispered back, his voice not entirely present as the words came out raspy. "What time is it?"

"It's eight-thirty."

"Huh?" Jungkook slowly opened his eyes again, furrowing his eyebrows at Mina. "Shit, don't we have school?"

Mina sighed. "We should go see Master and tell him everything," she said, her hand falling off of his cheek.

"You're right," Jungkook nodded weakly, his eyes closing once more, threatening to fall back asleep again. Mina chuckled, leaning in to press a kiss against his forehead, only making Jungkook melt in her touch further. She then traveled to his face, placing soft, tentative kisses on his scratched cheekbone, his eyes, his nose, until Jungkook was whining.

"Stop making me want to kiss you," he complained. "Not when I have morning breath."

Mina giggled, pulling away and seeing Jungkook's eyes fully open, having given up an extra hour or so of sleep.

"Come on, let's get breakfast and get out of here," Jungkook slid his arm off of her, leaning onto his back and stretching. Mina felt cold without him, frowning a bit as she sat up, fixing her hair a bit before climbing off the bed.

"I'm going to use the bathroom first. You go ahead," she told him, sending him a smile as Jungkook nodded, and she left the room. His eyes followed her with a content smile as he traced the pad of his fingers on his face, where Mina's lips had lingered not even a minute before. He was overwhelmed with love and joy, and he didn't want to face reality again.

Jungkook made his way into his main living area, seeing his mother in the kitchen as per usual, mixing something in a pot on the stove. She quickly noticed his entrance, her eyebrows furrowing with worry as she turned off the stove, placing the ladle down and leaning against their small counter island.

"Jungkook, what's going on?" she asked in haste. "You know I support your superhero-ing business, but not if you're going to miss school. Where's Mina? Is everything okay? She seemed so out of it when the two of you came home last night, and she was pretty silent during dinner."

"Mom," Jungkook peeked over his shoulder before leaning onto the counter, looking at her with a serious expression. "Her father is Shadow."

Her eyes widened. "What? Lee Sungyun?"

"We found out yesterday," Jungkook said lowly. "A lot of stuff happened, and she needed to stay here because she couldn't go home."

"Poor girl," she frowned, her eyebrows slightly creased, still processing his news. "So what are the two of you going to do?"

"We have to take care of something later," Jungkook told her, tapping his fingers against the counter. His mother took notice of his nervous habit, making her way around the counter to rub his back soothingly.

"Please be careful," she sighed. "And protect her too. She deserves so much more."

"I know," Jungkook's face fell as he nervously chewed the inside of his cheek. He heard Mina's footsteps from the hallway, tilting his head up before she walked in, a bit shyly in front of Jungkook's mother.

"Good morning, sweetie!" she chirped, hurrying back to the kitchen. "Ready for some breakfast?"

Mina rubbed her hands together, smiling softly as she slowly made her way toward Jungkook. "Yes, ma'am. Thank you."

"You don't have to call me ma'am!" she remarked. "Call me mother."

"Mom?!" Jungkook widened his eyes in panic, staring at his mother dumbfounded as Mina only chuckled.

"Thank you, mother," Mina displayed a genuine smile, to which she received the same in return from his mother. Jungkook felt his face turn red as he began to help set the table, with Mina by his side.

-

"So? What happened yesterday?" Master asked both Mina and Jungkook as they sat across the living room table, cross-legged on the tatami. "I tried to reach out to Mina, but you never answered."

"Sorry, I had to turn off my phone, just in case..." she nervously tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, biting her lip as her voice trailed off. Master didn't know that Shadow turned out to be her father, and that being the reason why she had to keep her phone turned off. She couldn't risk her father tracking her location.

"Why?"

"Shadow is my father," she spoke up softly, practically sinking her shoulders as she looked down at her fingers.

Master was left speechless, his mouth falling slack as he tried to process her words. "I-I'm sorry, Mina. I never would have imagined..." he said in disbelief. Jungkook frowned, glancing over to Mina in concern.

"Me neither," she sniffed before suddenly straightening her posture, an unreadable expression plastered on her indifferent face. "What do we do? We have to take his powers, that's the only way to stop him. He won't willingly listen to me," she explained, her heart churning at her last words.

Jungkook slightly creased his eyebrows, watching Mina carefully. Was there really no other way? As much as Jungkook had a disliking for Lee Sungyun, he was still Mina's father. Was there no coming back?

"Um," Master thought. "I might have a vial that takes away the powers of those who gained them through my making. I've never had a use for it so it sits in my storage."

Mina nodded in determination. "We'll use that."

Wordlessly, Master stood up from his cushion, grunting a bit before making his way out of his house and presumably to his storage unit once again.

Mina's eyes dropped to the table, her mind blank as she stared at the dark red wood. She wished it could all be over, but at the same time, confronting her father was a fear that she'd felt the strongest, more than ever before. However, a wave of anger would promptly hit her at the reminder that her father put Bitna and Taehyung in danger knowing Mina was Raven. He had constantly created villains in her presence. His claims of wanting to protect her were rubbish to her; he was selfish, disloyal, and most of all, a liar.

"Mina?" Jungkook hesitated, snapping Mina out of her trance as she looked at him curiously. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"What do you mean?" she asked blankly.

"I mean, he's your father," Jungkook mumbled. "What if there's another way...?"

Mina shrugged, her fingers fidgeting with the tassels on the cushion below her as if they were the most interesting thing in the world. "I don't have hope for him anymore. If he's doing all of this because of my mother," she mumbled, "... he didn't have to resort to this. He could have just... thought I was enough, but instead, he wanted revenge."

Jungkook gently placed his hand on hers, taking her fingers away from the tassels to pull her attention fully toward him. Mina sighed and grasped his hand back, tracing her thumb on his fingers instead.

"He put so many people in harm's way. You, Jimin, Bitna, Taehyung, me..." she swallowed. "Let's just... confront him one last time and we'll take his powers. He won't be able to hurt anyone ever again."

"I just don't want you to do something you'll regret," Jungkook said, looking at her with soft, reassuring eyes that brought a smile to her face.

"Don't worry. I have everything I need right here," she brought her other hand to his cheek, caressing it as she admired the way he looked down shyly, his lips curved slightly. Jungkook rose his hand steadily, grasping onto hers, the pads of his fingers tickling her skin before he pressed his lips on her sharp knuckles, looking at her fondly through his eyelashes. Mina's heart jumped at the sight and the feeling of his lips on her skin, missing it when he brought her hand back down, holding both of her hands. Somehow, they had gotten much closer since Master left the room.

"When do we do this?" Jungkook asked her.

"Today. I don't want him to hurt people any longer," she told him, Jungkook nodding in response before he leaned in, pressing a long kiss against her forehead. Mina closed her eyes in comfort, concentrating on the feeling, the scent and the sight of Jungkook.

"We can do this," he said after pulling away. Mina nodded, a smile growing on her face that masked her everlasting uncertainty.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333 16 17
A story of the life of an Idol
6.5K 427 17
in which a bored idol meets a failed pianist and begs her to become his piano teacher. © starcrossedpjm 2022. all rights reserved. started: 21 may c...
193K 7.7K 41
in which a girl is forced by her best friend of 12 years to live with him after getting kicked out of her own house. © starcrossedpjm 2020. all right...
1.7K 198 16
- never would i thought that it would be you. status • completed ; edited - some chapters #01; started: 23 dec 2015 ended: 09 may 2016 « all pictu...