Heroes | JJK ✔️

By starcrossedpjm

in which two teenagers balance being high schoolers and superheroes while being in love with the other withou... More

Heroes | JJK
i. Intro
ii. Chemistry
iii. Stutter
iv. Shoes
v. Appear
vi. Fly
vii. Thoughts
viii. Smile
ix. First
x. Partner
xi. Friend
xii. Teacher
xiii. Nervous
xiv. Race
xv. Time
xvi. Birthday
xvii. Anything
xviii. Cage
xix. Heaven
xx. Hope
xxi. Trust
xxii. Date
xxiii. Beautiful
xxiv. Truth or Dare
xxv. Moonlight
xxvi. Sunset
xxvii. Applause
xxviii. Warm
xxix. Victory
xxx. Flame
xxxi. Better
xxxii. Present
xxxiii. Paint
xxxiv. Stain
xxxv. Always
xxxvi. Fake
xxxvii. Collapse
xxxviii. Jimin
xxxix. Important
xl. Nightmare
xli. Winter
xlii. Lost
xliii. Silence
xliv. Storm
xlv. Fear
xlvi. Spider
xlvii. Connected
xlviii. Dark
l. Everything
li. Uncertain
lii. Shadow
liii. Outro

xlix. Mina

681 44 6
By starcrossedpjm

미나

"FATHER?"

Only the sound of her heavy breathing echoed in Mina's ears as she fearfully stared at the person on top of Jungkook. Her heart raced as her vision blurred, unable to piece her mind together at that moment, the room suddenly closing in on her shoulders and making her hands falter, her eyes ceasing to glow like a candle dying out.

It's not... true, she repeated in her head as she stared at the man, the sun shining on his face as if it were a spotlight. He isn't...

"This is for your own good, Mina," he told her, the sound of her name coming from his mouth making her step back in shock. It was as if his voice confirmed it, the familiarity of his depth and tone. Her heart cracked, before only confusion and prominent anger began to course through her veins.

"I knew the two of you would come back here. It's going perfectly. You'll destroy your precious partner here, and you will join me, daughter. I'll protect you, and I don't even have to lay a finger on you," Sungyun explained, before he suddenly rose his hand toward her. Jungkook, immediately realizing his intentions, widened his eyes as he tried to push him off.

"No!" Jungkook cried as a shadow suddenly flew out of Sungyun's own shadow, slithering across the floor quickly and straight toward Mina.

It reached her, blending into her own shadow as she fell to her knees, her mind closing in on herself as if it were being crushed by a hand, Shadow's hand.

Sungyun promptly got off of Jungkook, immediately sinking in the floor, where he disappeared as a shadow.

Jungkook sprang to his feet, sprinting to Mina as he panted heavily, his eyes widened in panic. He bent down to her, watching as she pressed her palms against her temples, her face contorted as if she were fighting something, someone, in her head.

"M-Mina, please, please listen to me!" Jungkook shrieked, his voice laced with utter fear as she grunted in fatigue. He gently placed his palms on top of her hands, steadying her head in his hands. "You can't let him into your head."

Mina panted heavily, her body trembling as she squeezed her eyes shut.

"Please, Mina," Jungkook choked out, "Please, I need—"

Jungkook visibly jumped as Mina's hands splattered onto the floor, her heavy breathing suddenly halted, her body frozen. Her head was bent over, her face unable to be seen as he watched her carefully.

"M-Mina...?" he whispered, his tone hesitant and fearful as she slowly tilted her head up, looking at him through heavy lids. Her expression was unreadable, utter silence filling the room.

With a frustrated shout, she lunged off of the floor onto Jungkook, shoving him onto his back. Jungkook gasped as he quickly hooked his knee on her torso, pushing her off of him and sending her flying above him. She rolled on the floor once before landing on her feet, sliding on her feet as she glared at Jungkook.

"No," Jungkook breathed out, slowly rising onto his feet as he looked at Mina with wide, dreadful eyes. "Mina, please."

Jungkook's heart cracked as her eyes began to glow, as well as her palms, as she stared at him as if he were a stranger. He fearfully stepped back, his head shaking as he rose his hands in defense. "I don't want to fight you," he said with a shaky voice.

Mina said nothing, only raising her arms quickly to send several balls of energy to him, Jungkook dodging each of them as she stepped towards him. One of them traveled straight to Jungkook, striking him in the abdomen and causing him to fly back, slamming into an old, metal table and stumbling onto the ground. Before he could get up, the table was picked up off of its legs, and thrown across the warehouse in a cloud of purple streaks.

Jungkook grunted as he held his side, blood forming from the cut on his cheekbone from the impact on the concrete. He slowly stood up, limping onto his feet as he looked at Mina, watching her promptly raise her arms to send another ball of energy, but before she could, Jungkook flew into the air, landing on the roof of the smaller room. He stumbled onto his feet, grunting while his head spun.

Mina followed quickly, landing on top of the roof as the sun shined on them dimly, through the clear panels. Her mind was overrun as she stared at Jungkook, her only objective to kill.

"Mina, you have to get him out of your head!" Jungkook yelled, his voice echoing before she lunged at him again, clenching her fist as she swung at him, his arm blocking her hit. She tried to blow another one, only to be blocked again, over and over. Jungkook had to keep up with her speed, his breath hitching as he concentrated on the pattern of her furious movements. However, Mina was quick enough to read his own pattern that once there was an opening, she collided her knuckles with Jungkook's nose, making him fly off of the roof.

He landed on his back, his eyes focusing in time to dodge her as she collided her fist with the concrete, where Jungkook's head used to be. He sprung onto his feet, immediately ducking from Mina's high kick. "Stop!" he cried out as he caught her fist in mid-air, his face falling at the sight of her expression, covered with pure anger. He was a stranger, merely a target to disintegrate, in the eyes of the girl he was in love with. He faltered, the world slowing down around him, almost as if the planet had rid itself of its reason to keep rotating.

The girl took the opportunity to strike Jungkook in the stomach with her foot, watching him fly across the room, rolling on the concrete. His frail body trembled as he coughed, heavily blinking as the pain spread in his body. He wasn't sure how much longer his body could stay intact. Mina, acting purely on fury and hatred, was much more powerful than him.

Jungkook watched in horror as the glass shards from the broken window began to hover, surrounded by purple streaks as Mina controlled them. He gasped as they began to fly toward them, and he rose his hands, sending a gust of wind that made them halt in the air, awkwardly being pushed against the strong wind. Mina furrowed her eyebrows as she clenched her jaw, her palms glowing brighter as her hair flew from the wind as she kept her body in place. She grunted as the glass began to force itself through the wind, and with one push from Mina's palms, they flew through it, some of the shards hitting Jungkook and scraping his skin.

He cried out as a larger shard sliced his arm, and the wind disappeared while he fell onto his knee, grasping at his arm in pain. Suddenly, he felt an odd sensation around his body before he was suddenly flung back and onto the wall, his skull making contact with the concrete as he grunted.

Mina stepped toward him as she pulled metal wires from the concrete wall, grabbing Jungkook's wrists that had sprung out in a T shape, restricting his movement. They then wrapped around his ankles, trapping him indefinitely on the wall as she stood in front of him.

Mina used her power to pick up a broken metal rod from the ground, pointing the sharp end at him in the air as she glared knives through him.

Jungkook glanced at her once before closing his eyes, in both fatigue and sadness. It killed him to see her like this; overrun by her anger and by someone who wanted to use her, someone who didn't care for her as much as he unconditionally did.

"Mina, p-please," he spoke up softly, his lip quivering as he heavily blinked. His body and mine were fighting to stay awake, to save Mina.

Mina stepped closer to him, her eye twitching as she stared at him with clenched fists.

"I-It's me, it's your Jungkook," his voice cracked as he spoke gently, the tears brimming in his eyes. He didn't notice the way Mina paused, her eyes faltering as a soft sob fell out of his mouth. "I-I know you're in there somewhere. Please remember me," he pleaded desperately, his shoulders shaking with his voice.

Mina froze, the floating metal shard beside her slowly descending onto the ground, the clang of the metal startling Jungkook as he took short, labored breaths. The tears unknowingly began to brim in Mina's eyes as she stared at Jungkook, her mind suddenly turned to mush.

The metal wires suddenly slithered off of Jungkook's wrists and ankles, catching his attention as he stood in front of her, watching her with wide, teary eyes. She was crying, the tears streaming down her cheeks even though she looked utterly emotionless. It was as if someone was trying to crawl out of her body, as her body twitched.

"Mina," he spoke up softly, hiccuping on his words. He slowly stepped toward her, bringing his trembling hand to her cold cheek, hearing a whimper fall from her lips. "This isn't you. Y-You're Mina, you're Raven, y-you're a superhero. You save lives, and you've saved mine countless of times. P-Please, come back to me," he cried, the tears falling off of his bloody cheeks.

Mina let out a quiet, pained sob as she looked up at him, the inside of her mind chaotic with a battle, one that she could win for a second, enough to mutter two words.

"Save me," she whimpered.

The last of Jungkook's heart shattered, a single tear falling down his cheek as he silently obeyed, slowly bending down and reaching for the shadow. He ripped it off, immediately hearing Mina let out a labored breath, stumbling forward weakly. Jungkook caught her in her arms, holding her tightly as they sat on the floor, Mina in his lap as she wrapped her arms around his shoulder, sobbing into his neck.

Jungkook swallowed as he buried his face against her shoulder, a few of his own tears silently falling as he shut his eyes, pledging to never let go of her again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 4.3K 35
She starts high school hoping she can make a few close friends and live up to her parent's expectations. Her life starts to fall apart when she meets...
1.6K 119 20
Ah, young love. It's beautiful and stupid. And dangerous. Will these two teens make it through drama, danger, and an overprotective big brother? Afte...
298K 5.7K 29
{COMPLETE} A high school romance about a girl and a guy who find a new path to start their love. Hot bad boy jungkook meets new y/n at school and sta...
1.7K 48 13
in which jungkook shamelessly flirts with soyeon in order to make her break up with her toxic boyfriend. © starcrossedpjm 2024. all rights reserved...