heartbreak and apologies

By MCWFC_ENGWNT

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have t... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
NOT AN UPDATE - please read
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
UWCL - please read

Seven

2.1K 36 2
By MCWFC_ENGWNT

*

After a successful national team camp, it was time to return to Man City and see how my English had held up while being away.

Once again me and Ona were on the same flight, with Vicky set to collect me from the airport, however while we were waiting for our bags, I got a text from her saying the car wouldn't start and if Ona could drop me home.

"Of course. I'm sure Hannah won't mind" she smiles, "are you and Hannah a thing then?" I ask and Ona frowns.

"Why do you get that impression?".

"She was on your livestream and you said saving my ass as always and she's coming to pick you up. I just thought...". I'm caught off guard when Ona laughs and quite loudly too, "no we live together, with Millie and Alessia" she explains.

"Right, sorry for assuming" I say, a little embarrassed.

"It's ok, I won't tell her".

I thank Ona just as our bags appear, "right, let's go" she smiles, leading the way.

A quick walk through the airport and I see someone in a Man United training kit holding a sign. Ona quickly introduces us and then explains the situation as I politely ask if it's ok.

Hannah shrugs, "fine by me".

The two United players have a little catch up on the way out while I quietly walk along behind them.

"Not long until the derby now" Hannah smirks as we reach her car, "no, and the day after my birthday too".

"We'll have to make it a special occasion then" she winks.

*

catalinaromero22

Liked by ona.batlle, losada_vicky and 8,394 others
catalinaromero22 successful camp 🇪🇸

tagged - sefutbolfem, patri8guijarro and ona.battle

ona.batlle absolute baller 🔥
- catalinaromero22 🥰 thanks for the lift home
patri8guijarro miss you already 😭
- catalinaromero22 me too 💕
jennihermoso 💜
marisabel_rguez come back soon 😘
ellieroebuck_ please play like that at the weekend 🤩
alexgreenwood3 👑
losada_vicky vamos chicas 🙌🏻

*

"I'm sorry I couldn't come and get you" Vicky says, helping me with my bags.

"It's not your fault. Did they say what was up with the car?" I ask, "not yet, the garage have it so it's a waiting game and we might have to carpool or something for the next few days".

"Need any help" a familiar voice rings through the apartment, "Em!" I drop everything and run over to hug her, "long time no see kiddo, how you've been?" she asks.

"Good. Vicky's made the move a lot easier".

She smiles, "I'm glad".

There's a disapproving noise from by the door and I remember Vicky, "do you want to move your bags or keep hugging my girlfriend?".

"Sorry V".

Once I've put my bag away and changed out of my travel clothes, we sit down and have a chat about the upcoming games, "I hear Arsenal's next?" Emma asks.

"Yeh it's going to be a difficult one, especially with all the injury's we have" I sigh.

"The fact we're missing Steph, Lucy, Ellie etc, the mood hasn't been great, more so after Tottenham" Vicky adds and I agree, "we're all just a little bit down".

"I suppose, recently at least, you've not had to deal with these sort of challenges?".

I shake my head

"No, I've been very lucky this past year in particular, that Barcelona did so well and I think I've been spilt a little bit. It's nice to be humbled once in a while though and I think the next few months are going to do me good as a player, my mentality and my attitude towards games".

Vicky smiles, "wise beyond her years this one".

*

Alexia's P.O.V.

Now back in Barcelona, I thought it might be a good time to talk with Jenni about what happened on camp.

"Glad to be home?" Jenni asks.

"Always" I smile and accept the drink she offers, "I love camp but it can get a bit hectic sometimes and it's nice to be away from Mapi and Leila for a bit".

She nods along in agreement.

"They are always a handful and with not spending as much time with Lina, they'll be extra hyper in camps from now on" she says.

We sit in silence for a few minutes while I deliberate on how to, or even whether I broach the subject but Jenni notices something is up before I have made up my mind.

"What's on your mind Ale?".

"Nothing..." I reply, apparently having deciding to bail out, "that's a lie, look at you. You're bouncing your leg and staring into space".

Jenni reaches out and touches my knee to stop it bouncing, "talk to me".

"I can't".

My throat feels like it's closing up as she looks at me with an intense stare, "why not? It's only me Ale".

Yeah and that's the problem.

"Is it about camp? Lina being so far away? Barcelona? What is it Alexia, I'm here to help" she continues and I think she's probably beginning to really worry for me.

"Ok" I sigh and decide to bite the bullet.

"I want to talk about what happened with the prank, I want to talk about how it affects us... I want to talk about us Jenni. Where this relationship, if that's what it is, is going" I explain.

Jenni breaks out into a smile and my heart leaps, "I thought it was going to be something much worse".

And it sinks again.

"Ale, you know we've been each other's constant for five years and we've always been a bit touchy with each other, flirting here and there. We take each day as it comes, don't think about the consequences" she says.

"Well, I think maybe it's time to think about them Jenni, because these feelings I have, they're real and they're not going anywhere".

She looks a little taken aback at my confession and takes her hand away from my leg.

"Alexia...".

"It's fine, if you can't say anything then I understand. This, whatever it was, it's done, I can't do it anymore. Goodbye Jenni".

*

A/N

BIG drama!!! But we're just getting started!

Let me know if the Instagram/WhatsApp is getting a bit too much and you'd rather have more straight up writing.

Don't worry about the lack of games, I am planning on it, I just need to get to the first derby of the season first 🙌🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 3.3K 24
Emily, a twenty-one-year-old England international leaves Chelsea and moves to the Champions of Europe, FC Barcelona. Emily spent five years at Chels...
41.3K 2.3K 25
BOOK THREE OF THE HOLD ME CLOSE UNIVERSE Talia Segura has an unanswered question about her origins that she is determined to figure out. When she is...
286K 4.1K 51
Bella smith living the life every young girl dreams, but with what would be a career ending injury for most people, only spurred her on and a year la...