a US Marshal and the Van Der...

By RDR2Marshal

(Y/N) a Current US Marshal and bestfriend of Jake Adler receives news of his marriage and decides to pay his... More

Chapter 1: Goodbye old friend.
Chapter 2: I'm so sorry.
Chapter3: Valentine.
Chapter 4: Hello again Mr. Callahan
Chapter 5: Time to go.
Chapter 6: the Van Der Lind gang
Chapter 7: Mrs. Adler
Chapter 8
chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12: A homecoming.
Chapter 13: Rest and relaxation.
your input wanted
Down time.
a quick thank you.
Back in the swing of things
Training Day
Texas Bound
Howdy Texas
The Ambush
Where the hell are they ?
quick question for you all.
Escape and Reunion
Welcome home!
a confrontation and lines are drawn
The Legend Grows
What Now?
Trouble in New Austin
Welcome to New Austin
A dream or a Premonition?
Update and what not
On Patrol

On the Train.

1.4K 28 2
By RDR2Marshal

Sadie: Texas huh ?

Y/N: Yes ma'am, JD the Ranger I was talking to told me colm and some of his boys are trying to expand their gangs reach.

Sadie: The O'Driscolls are moving south ?

Y/N: Yes, it's strange alright I wouldn't figure them to move south, I know the Lemoyne Raiders are expanding out that way.

Sadie: you figuring on trouble ?

Y/N: hard to say, my gut tells me more than likely but I can't prove anything.

Sadie: Well just remember if I see that feller that killed my Jake...

Y/N: I know I know. But we should probably get going, first stop camp then the train station.

With that you and Sadie mount your horses and ride back to camp.

Y/N: I'm going to go talk to Dutch and let him know what's going on, gather the essentials we need to travel light.

Sadie nods and you walk off to speak with Dutch.

Y/N: Hey Dutch you got a minute ?

Dutch: Of course son, what do you need?

Y/N: I'm riding out, headed for Texas.

Dutch: you going to be gone long?

Y/N: I can't say for sure Dutch I'm following a lead into possible O'Driscolls.

Dutch: the O'Driscolls in Texas?

Y/N: Allegedly but I won't be sure until I get eyes on.

Dutch: Well best of luck son. Oh and one last thing who are you taking with you?.

Y/N: Just Sadie, I don't want to leave you completely unguarded and vulnerable.

Dutch: Well I appreciate the thought. Say if we need to reach you how would we ?

Y/N: Send the letter to Blackthorn Texas that's where we'll be working out of.

Dutch: Very well, good luck son.

You nod your head and tip your hat before walking over and gathering some items.

Y/N: You ready ?

Sadie looks at you and nods.

Sadie: Ready as I'll ever be.

You both set off the Rhodes train station  once there you enter the station and walk to the ticket window.

Alden: how can I help you today Marshal?

Y/N: I need two tickets to El Paso Texas please. Also two slots in the horse car.

Alden: would you like to upgrade to a cabin on the train ?

Y/N: sure why not.

After giving you the total you pay for the trip and walk back to meet up with Sadie.

Y/N: train will be here in 30 minutes, we should go grab any last supplies.

Sadie: I'll go to the general store and you can go to the gunsmith ?

Y/N: Sounds like a plan. Meet back here when we're finished

You walk down the street and enter the gunsmith.

Gunsmith: how can I help you?

Y/N: I need 5 boxes of express revolver and repeater ammo, 5 boxes of  12 gauge slug and buckshot and I'll take a case of that gun oil.

Gunsmith: that's a big order, you must be hunting some big game.

Y/N: No sir, just gangs.

The gunsmith just looked at you eyebrow raised but rang up the total. You paid and left for the train station, surprised to see Sadie already sitting there.

Y/N: back so soon ?

Sadie: Why Y/N if didn't know better I'd think you were trying get rid of me.

Y/N: would I ever do that.

Sadie teased back.

Sadie: I don't know, would you hmmm

Y/N: No ma'am what would I ever do without you?

Sadie: I can only imagine the mess you'd be.

As you were about to reply the trains horn sounded and black smoke could be seen in the distance.

Y/N: Looks like our rides here.

You stand up and walk over and grab yours and Sadie's saddle bags.

Y/N: take your saddle bag and your guns with you, just be sure to show your badge when we get on or they'll take your guns.

Sadie nodded and understanding. You both walked up to the porter.

Porter: I'm sorry all firearms bust be kept with your horses.

You and Sadie both show your badges.

Y/N: deputy US Marshals Y/N and Sadie Adler.

Porter: a lady Marshal I never thought I'd see the day.

Sadie: Yeah well you just did.

Porter: Apologies miss I meant no offense.

Sadie: it's fine can we just get on now.

Porter: of course, your cabin is first one on the left as you enter the car.

You both nod and enter the cabin. Looking around you notice two couches that pull out into beds. A table in between the couches and over head spaces to store your guns and other luggage.

Sadie: wow this is some fancy.

Y/N: I figure since we're going to be on here for a day or two we might as well be comfortable.

Sadie: So this is how rich folk travel huh.

Y/N: that depends on your definition of rich folk, some have their own personal train cars. Some of those can be pretty ridiculous.

Sadie: So Mr. Y/N you travel in style huh.

Y/N: God no this is about as it gets for me. Usually I just rode old Bo where ever I need to be.

Sadie: yet you know about these personal train cars.

Y/N: of course, I've worked security for some rather well off folk.

Sadie: Ah that makes sense.

Y/N: though in all honesty this is as high class as anybody should ever ride a train.

Sadie: and why's that?

Y/N: think about it. If you're going to rob a train where's the first place you're checking?

Sadie thought for a moment.

Sadie: the rear of the train, it would be easiest to gain access.

Y/N: and that just happens to be where the private cars are attached. They're a sitting duck for any experienced robbers.

Sadie: I never thought about it like that before. Though I suppose I never really had reason to.

Y/N: that's one of the perks of this job, I have to consider everything it keeps me on my toes and makes me very observant.

Sadie: oh really now ? What's something you've noticed that I haven't.

Y/N: Dutch is hiding something about Micah.

Sadie's fist clinched and her eyes narrowed.

Y/N: Well when I first talked to him and told him about Micah in the pinkertons I believe he was legitimately angry with him, but as time went on he was all to happy to steer me towards Strauss but whenever Micah was mentioned he would look everywhere but at me, his breathing would increase and the anger I first saw with Dutch has been replaced with what I can only describe as fake anger.

Sadie stood in silence and took all this information in.

Sadie: So what do you think is going on ?

Y/N: Dutch is playing a dangerous game, I would bet he knows exactly where Micah is at and I would even bet Micah is close enough to keep tabs on where the gang moves. It also emails how the pinkertons keep showing up.

Sadie: it does make sense, even when I'm on guard duty I usually see a lot of the same folk riding past the camp entrance.

Y/N: pinkertons more than likely. That could be why Dutch was all to happy to allow me to stay in the camp. It could appear that I'm undercover.

Sadie: but Milton and Ross already saw you with us.

Y/N: true but if they're corrupt as I believe exposing me would just bring everything they've done to light. Milton and Ross can't afford the spotlight on them.

Sadie: So you've become a pawn in Dutch's game.

Y/N: essentially, though I believe it's only to keep the pinkertons at bay while he does whatever it is he's doing.

Sadie: And when he doesn't need you anymore ?

Y/N: I imagine there will be bullets involved.

Sadie: Do you really believe he'd do that?

Y/N: he couldn't afford not to. Think about it, I'm a federal officer with first hand knowledge of his location and his crimes.

Sadie: Well when we get back we'll have to confront him.

Y/N: We can't. Dutch is just a small fish in a big ocean that is my current investigation.

Sadie: So what do we do ?

Y/N: Nothing.

Sadie had a confused look on her face.

Y/N: at least not yet. Before we even attempt anything with Dutch we need to put away Micah, Milton, and Ross. The we need to find out who we can trust. I know the folk who've joined up with me are trust worthy but we need more people.

Sadie: what about John ?

Y/N: I couldn't ask him, Abigail and Jack need him I couldn't risk anything happening.

Sadie: What about Javier ?

Y/N: he's the wild card, part of me thinks he could swing towards Dutch Dutch or Hosea. But time will tell.

You and Sadie both finish unpacking and storing your gear before you each sit back and look out the window before Sadie breaks the silence.

Sadie: you know when I lost Jake I didn't feel pain or sadness, all I felt was anger and a need for revenge.

You stand and walk over to where Sadie is seated. You sit next to herald place your arm around her shoulder. Sadie leaned into and continued.

Sadie: have you ever lost someone and felt nothing but pure hatred.

Y/N: Not yet.

Sadie tilted her head up to look at you.

Y/N: don't get me wrong I've lost people and it's crushed me but never anyone where I just didn't feel anything but a lust for vengeance. Although losing you would be a different story.

Sadie: I couldn't lose you either, I don't think I could make it if I lost you.

Y/N: of course you could, you're the strongest and bravest person I know.

Sadie let a little snicker out.

Sadie: I don't know about that I mean you did take on 5 people.

Y/N: Ah they don't count. Two surrender, one was about as smart as a bag of rocks. And the other two were just bad shots.

Sadie: that may be but the fact stands you're the strongest person I've met.

Y/N: Sadie what you've gone through would have destroyed most people. You're mentally and emotionally strong, which beats out physical strength any day.

Sadie: I'll always have your back Y/N

Y/N: and I will always have yours Sadie.

Sadie: I know you will, I trust you with my life.

Y/N: and i trust you with mine.

You held each other for a while longer until the steward came to drop off dinner.

As you sit there eating your meals Sadie points to something across the room ?

Sadie: what's that ?

Y/N: What's what ?

Sadie: over in the corner.

You look over and notice something with a sheet over it you get up and remove the sheet revealing a gramophone.

Y/N: huh well I'll be.

Sadie: what?

Y/N: it's a Gramophone.

Sadie: is there any cartridges?

You check and find some.

Y/N it just so happens there is

You put a cartridge in the machine and music starts playing. You turn to Sadie and offer your hand.

Y/N: Sadie may I have this dance ?

Sadie: you certainly may.

Moving the table and dish aside so there's room you two begin dancing.

Y/N: this is nice, well have to do this more often.

Sadie snuggled into you as you two swayed to the music.

Sadie: I agree, maybe in Texas we can find a place to go dancing.

Y/N: I'm sure that can be arranged.

Sadie looked up at your and you looked down at her, lowering your head until your lips met in a tender kiss. You and Sadie danced late into the night just enjoying being together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 16 19
Hey guys, This is my first ever story here but I am excited to write it, so I apologise if its bad. Anyway in short, this story will follow the event...
24K 838 67
The old lady smiled, thinking of her long-time lost lover. They were young, fiery and full of ideals, at the dawn of a new world that was, despite th...
212K 6.4K 25
(Arthur Morgan X Female Reader) 'Love in a hurricane, Playing a Dangerous game...' You are a newly adopted rescue into the Van der Linde gang after...
14.7K 1K 57
Even in the darkest moments, the beginnings of love can be found. Jayna Chacon is stuck in a rut. Her job is interesting, but she doesn't have any fr...