Name | Donghyuck

By lmklvr

Out of all people, she happened to share the same name with the person she loathed with her entire being. "D... More

01: Jealousy Jealousy
02: Violence Was Part Of Them
03: It's Not Your Fault
04 : Let Me Be Wrong
05: Shouldn't Have Met You
06: Something Is Fishy
07: Make A Wish
08: Vanilla Scent
10: Words Cut Like Knives
11: His Way Of Apologizing
12: Hypocrisy
13: Uncontrollable
14: A New Side Of Her
15: Dinosaur Blanket
16: Overloaded Misery
17: Face Spilled It All
18: Kiss Me
19: Best Consolation
20: Broke Me Into Pieces
21: I Came Running For You
22: Pleasing Sight, Serene Heart
23: Caged Your Tongue, It Harms You
24: Talking To The Star
25: Her Last Straw
26: But Thank You, For Surviving.
27: Spilled Feelings
28: Slowly She Becomes His Priority
29: Engraved In Her Memory Till Her Last Breath
30: Hot Barista
31: Daisies & White Tulips
32: Can We Talk Again?
33: Mayday! Mayday!
34: A New Book, Different Me
35: Corpse Bride
36: Shower Together
37: Stupid Butterflies
38: When The Time Comes
39: Home
40: Make Me Shut Up
41: Untold Burden
42: Yet Another Disaster
43: Slight Tinge of Disappointment
44: Matching Engravings
45: Rooftop Dinner
46: You Feel So Far
47: Head Pat
48: Her Heart Belongs To Another
49: Letter From Hyuck to Hyuck
50: I Wanna Be Hers
51: Rather Be Her
52: I'm On Your Side
53: Finally Her First Choice
54: Two Hearts
55: Dream
56: Not Scared of Your Flaws
57: Losers
58: Mama's Return
59: Little Mr. Shy Donghyuck
60: Kiss Me Hard Before You Go
61: Him Through Her Eyes
62: It Worked Out In The End

09: The Look In His Eyes

2.7K 145 38
By lmklvr

CHAPTER NINE.

Surprisingly, Jihyuck had the best sleep for the first time this year—and it was in Donghyuck's room, on his bed to be precise.

Perhaps it was the vanilla candle he lit up yesterday, or it could be the flowery smell from his pillowcases. It helped her sleep better. And obviously, Donghyuck didn't need to know that.

Getting enough sleep, she woke up without feeling grumpy this morning. She took her time showering and even washed her hair. She used Donghyuck's shampoo, which she hoped he didn't mind. It smelled sweet like a raspberry.

Surprise, surprise. Donghyuck seemed to have a good nose.

She put on black leggings and a sports bra because she thought no one would come in at this time. It was only 8 am. She sat on his bed to apply her skincare and that was when the owner of the room pushed the door open without knocking beforehand.

It was awkward.

She gawked at him and he seemed to take his time, registering the situation ahead of him.

When he was fully awake, he instantly turned around. "Ji fucking Hyuck!"

"What?" she muttered.

"Where do you think you are? Why are you not wearing your damn shirt?!"

She huffed, "You're acting as if you don't like the view, Donghyuck."

She heard him snickered. "There's nothing to look at."

Lie.

She wasn't built like Kim Kardashian but it definitely captivated Donghyuck's eyes. He felt his mouth dry up against his will. 

"You can turn around," she said vaguely after putting a grey sweater over her body. As if nothing happened, she continued with her usual skincare routine.

He slowly spun around and opened his eyes. A sigh of relief emitted from his mouth. He walked into his walk-in closet. "Why are you awake this early?" he asked.

"I slept well yesterday," she answered. She raised her head, watching him trying to pick an outfit. "Are you going out?"

The brown-haired man sighed. "Mother told me to pick up this and that at the grocery store."

"Didn't we buy enough yesterday?"

He came out with black basketball shorts and a plain white shirt, just like the one he was wearing right now. Not like Jihyuck paid attention to his outfit but he seemed to love wearing a plain white shirt at home, at informal events.

"Dad forgot to buy charcoal for barbecue," he shrugged his shoulders.

A slow creak from the door made them turn their head in unison.

"Good morning, my Hyucks," she greeted with a warm smile occupying her lips.

"Good morning, mother," Jihyuck politely replied.

"Hm, morning, mom," Donghyuck ruffled his already messy hair.

"Did you have a good sleep?" Mrs. Lee asked, looking at Jihyuck. "It must be uncomfortable to sleep in someone else's bed. But the guest room was bigger so I had to give them to the boys."

Jihyuck quickly shook her head. "I actually—" wait Donghyuck can't know that I felt comfortable in his room, on his bed. He'll make me look weird. "I don't mind," she forced a smile that came out awkward.

"Really? That's glad to hear," Mrs. Lee released a sigh of relief. "Oh, Hyuck, can you accompany Donghyuck? I asked him to buy things at the grocery store."

Her mouth parted against her will. "Huh?"

"Mom, I can go alone," Donghyuck tugged the older's arm.

Completely ignoring her son's existence, she raised her brows at the girl. "Can you?"

Jihyuck forced a laugh. She stood up and went to the bedside table to pick up her phone and purse with a hesitant heart.

You can do this, Hyuck.

She didn't have the heart to disappoint Mrs. Lee. She was so nice to her, even nicer than she was to her son. How could she say no?

"Anything for you, mother," Jihyuck heard Donghyuck snorted. "Shall we, Donghyuck?"

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

As soon as they arrived, a small argument occurred. Donghyuck insisted on taking a basket but Jihyuck said a cart would be better since they had quite a long list of what to get.

Donghyuck started to think his mother was doing this on purpose. He knew his mother and she probably hoped he was something more with Jihyuck.

"See, we are only halfway down the list and the cart is almost full. Imagine if we take the damn baskets? Can you lift them all?" Jihyuck rolled her eyes as they walked through the pavement.

Much to her bewilderment, Donghyuck did not say anything like he always did. She halted her steps and turned around only to catch Donghyuck staring at her back.

"What now, Donghyuck?"

The boy continued to frown as if he was thinking over something so important.

"Is there something on my—" her words died as panic suddenly swept her when Donghyuck let go of the cart and walked towards her. "W-what are you..."

Without preamble, he slightly leaned down causing Jihyuck to stiffen at her spot. A shiver ran down her spine. "Donghyuck," she said but it came out very slow and weak.

"Did you use my shampoo?"

Jihyuck's face contorted with a perplexed look. "What?"

"Did you use my shampoo, Jihyuck?" Donghyuck asked again. He took a step back and crossed his arms on his chest.

"I did?"

He knew it. He began to smell the familiar scent since Jihyuck sat beside him in the passenger seat. At times, when the air conditioner hit her long jet black hair, the scent became prominent.

She heard his tongue click. "Why—you didn't even ask for my permission!"

"Are you being serious right now?"

"I'm not a comedian."

"I think you're funny," Jihyuck spat out.

"Thanks?"

"Why are you being stingy over a damn shampoo?" Jihyuck scowled. She was getting annoyed. Walking furiously to the cart, she began to walk away, leaving Donghyuck.

"Are you running away right now?"

"No. I'm swimming."

Donghyuck rolled his eyes. "You will need me to pay for everything later."

"Kindly, shut the fuck up, Donghyuck."

Donghyuck looked around and noticed some eyes were staring at him. He let out a sigh. Of course, he was the bad guy.

He eventually caught up with her and found them in the kids' essentials area.

Donghyuck followed her quietly from behind. Eyes analyzing the toys, the foods, the clothes, all for kids around one to five years old. He didn't have any kids in his family for quite some time so it was odd for him to be here.

"Are you pregnant?" Donghyuck finally spoke.

Jihyuck stopped. She inhaled a deep breath before releasing it slowly. She then spun around and look at Donghyuck with the 'are you dumb' face but the boy looked like he was genuinely confused.

"Are you stupid?"

"Huh?"

"Are you crazy? Who the fuck is pregnant? I am 22! My father will beat my ass up if I was pregnant!" she whispered-yelled at him.

"I was just asking," he rolled his shoulders. "So, why are we here?"

"I wanted to—"

"Good morning, lovebirds!" a retailer greeted with a huge grin on her face.

"What?" Jihyuck stared at her blankly.

"May I know what age is your kid?" she looked around, perhaps to find a toddler but she saw no one.

"Listen, we are not—"

"Oh my God!" the retailer gasped.

"Now what?" Donghyuck lazily looked at her.

"Is your wife currently pregnant with your first child?"

Donghyuck's jaw dropped in utter disbelief. He slowly darted his gaze to Jihyuck and she looked very uncomfortable. No, she looked like she was about to punch the worker in the face.

"Do I look like someone's wife to you?" she questioned, deadpan.

"Yes!—"

"Well, we are not. I am not married to him and I did not and will never carry his child," she smiled at her before her face morphed into expressionless. "I'm here to buy something for my little brother if you're wondering."

"I'm so sorry, I really am," the retailer quickly bowed and repeated the same words over and over again.

Jihyuck ran her hand through her hair. She waved her hand dismissively. "No, it's okay. Now, can you please excuse me? I'd like to shop in peace."

"Sure, miss," she gave her one last bow and excused herself.

"Wow," Donghyuck said, dumbfounded. "What just happened?"

"I don't know," she proceeded to push the cart and finally found a variety of choices for toddlers' clothes.

"I don't know you and Jeno have a little brother. I mean, I do know it's Jenna and Jedi. But I didn't know Jedi is..." he looked up to the signboard. "He is two years old."

A small smile appeared on her lips. "Right, who would've expected we, 22 years old, to have a two years old little brother?" she shrugged her shoulders. "He's turning three soon."

Donghyuck wasn't sure how to respond so he nodded his head.

She held a black button-up shirt in front of him. "Do you think it's pretty?"

He furrowed his brows, surprised that the girl asked for his opinion. But he still gave the shirt a careful look. "I think he'll look good in that," he replied.

"Thanks," she put the shirt in the cart and began pushing it forward. "Sorry for taking your time."

"I don't really mind."

Jihyuck thought he didn't reply because she heard nothing. He did respond though, but it didn't reach her hearing.

Ensuring they ticked everything off the list provided by Mrs. Lee, they headed to the counter and he made the payment.

"I wonder why your mother didn't ask Jaemin, Renjun or Jeno to accompany you instead," Jihyuck stated without much thought as they walked towards the parking lot.

"I think she likes you."

She frowned, looking at Donghyuck.

"She probably hopes we are more than friends. Well, we aren't friends but you know what I mean," he said calmly.

"Oh..." Jihyuck nodded when she finally understood what he meant.

As she hummed and skipped her steps like a kid, someone drove a motorcycle at a very dangerous speed and she swore, she shut her eyes in horror. She was convinced that she'd meet God at that moment.

She felt lightheaded.

A tight tug on her arm brought her to reality. She opened her eyes to see Donghyuck's face. Despite being in this state, there was no way she couldn't recognize the look on his face.

He looked worried. For her.

She hissed when she finally felt the pain in her buttocks and hands.

She looked down at her hands—and there were Donghyuck's hands. He held both of her hands while his eyes were glued to her face. She could discern the blood and scratches on her palms from falling onto the bare ground.

Donghyuck pushed her. So she could live.

"What is wrong with you?" Donghyuck scolded.

She wished she knew what to say but she kept quiet. She stared at the furious Donghyuck.

"You almost died!"

Still, no answer.

"Jihyuck," he sternly called.

The silence that washed over them calmed him down a little. He took a deep breath, registering everything in his mind. No, he shouldn't have screamed at her face. She was the one who almost got hit, she was probably traumatized. He should've known better—he was there. He knew how it felt.

"Get up," he said as he stood up.

Jihyuck stayed there, unmoving.

He released a sigh before he held her arm and threw it on his neck. One hand went to her waist to support her weight. "My mom is going to kill me."

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

i'd love to read your comment <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 4.4K 30
❝was the fame worth our friendship?❞ ꒰ when a childhood love story finally gets to blossom as donghyuck comes home from seoul. he knows his feelings...
162K 5.1K 46
❝ Not so tough now that I know your secret, huh baby? ❞ in which Donghyuck is an undercover cross dresser, and Jeno happens to accidentally discover...
155K 8.8K 29
"I-I just don't want you to break my heart" Said Haechan hugging Mark so tightly and tenderly as if he was the only thing he had left. Mark stood the...
279K 11.1K 33
"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵? " In which Haechan bothers Mark all the time and Mark reall...