24: Talking To The Star

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR.

As Renjun was on his way to the kitchen, he saw Jaemin, Jeno and Jihyuck in the living room. As usual, they argued over small things as why Jihyuck was born as a girl when she was abusive, as well as why she was the one who had dimples and not Jeno.
And Donghyuck was nowhere to be seen.

But there he was, in the kitchen. All alone.

Renjun opened the upper cabinet and picked a box of his favorite cereal. "Why are you here?" he asked nonchalantly.

"Because I want to eat?" Donghyuck answered as his eyes glued to the screen of his phone.

As if Renjun would buy his lie.

He pulled a chair across Donghyuck. "You're good at everything but lying."

Donghyuck lifted his head. "I'm telling the truth."

"I never thought I would ever see a day where you feel hurt by what Ji said," he shrugged his shoulders.

The spoon in Donghyuck's hand slipped into the bowl. He stared at his friend, deadpan. "Excuse me?" he raised his brows but Renjun only rolled his shoulder. "I do not feel hurt by whatever she said."

"Me when I lie," Renjun responded.

"Why would I feel hurt?" he disguised whatever he was feeling with a frown. Deny it till the end. It was a Donghyuck thing to do. But it never worked when he used it with those three. Jaemin, Renjun and Jeno.

"I heard you guys' conversation," Renjun told.

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

Renjun sipped his coffee. "You slept early yesterday," he broke the silence. It wasn't something they usually talked about openly. He was afraid to bring it up. Regardless, you needed to face your trauma. Only then you can get over it, and move on.

Donghyuck raised his head, not expecting that question to come from his friend. He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. "I did."

"She feels like home, isn't she?"

He furrowed his brows. "I was just exhausted last night."

Renjun folded his arms, inhaling a deep breath before he started sharing his perspective. "You know it's harder for you to sleep at night when it rains. And you barely get enough sleep every day. But you slept 8 hours yesterday, Donghyuck."

"And?"

"You're comfortable with her."

Donghyuck dropped his spoon, losing his appetite. This wasn't his favorite topic to speak about. "Okay. Even if I am comfortable with her, then what?" he questioned.

"Stop acting tough. I don't know what's so fun about it. Just admit you like being around her, that's why you keep teasing her—"

He rolled his lips, making inaudible noises. "You can say that but you're wrong, alright?" he sighed. "Can we not talk about this?"

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

Donghyuck stared at them with a disgusted face. Crossing his arms on his chest, he looked at those two best friends ahead of him.