48: Her Heart Belongs To Another

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT.

Jihyuck took her eyes off the screen of her phone and raised her head as soon as the people around their table started making exhilarating noises. Her eyes found a familiar figure, Jaehyun. And there was a girl next to him—a pretty girl.

Her eyes followed them as they occupied the empty spots across her.

This afternoon, Jaehyun invited the basketball players for a dinner, and for some reason, he asked Jaemin to bring Jihyuck along. So, here she was. At a restaurant with these men.

Now that she connected the puzzle pieces, she could guess why he gathered them here. She wasn't sure, though. Because if what she had in her mind was right, why would he want her to be here?

"Sorry for being late. I didn't mean to make you guys wait," Jaehyun started. A genuine smile adorned his lips.

"It's okay, we didn't wait for too long," Jungwoo assured.

"Why do you call us here? I'm so curious that I think I could die." Jaemin let out a dramatic sigh.

Jihyuck's face twisted in disgust.

Jaehyun took a deep breath and looked at the girl beside him. "I'm going to get straight to the point," he began. His serious tone made everyone nervous. "This is Chaeyoung, as everyone may or may not know."

Jihyuck's hand felt cold.

"She's my girlfriend."

Jaemin gasped. "Your girlfriend?!"

"What the actual hell?" Jungwoo stared at him in disbelief. "I thought you're bitchless."

"Excuse me?" Jaehyun raised his brows.

"You guys look good together," Jeno said sincerely.

"Thank you." Chaeyoung smiled.

Donghyuck's stomach felt uneasy. He drew his eyes toward Jihyuck, subconsciously worrying about how Jihyuck would feel about this news.

Unexpectedly, she seemed calm and unbothered.

"Hyuck," he called in a low voice.

She looked at him and raised her brow.

It took him a few seconds before he could say it with his mouth. "You okay?"

"Huh?"

His chin pointed at the new lovebirds. "Do you want me to send you home?"

Her eyes slightly widened. "For what?"

Donghyuck's eyes bored into hers, trying to read them. "Your crush just announced that he has a girlfriend." He waited for her big reaction but was only met with her blank face.

"I know right," Jihyuck replied, looking at Jaehyun and then Chaeyoung. She found it strange that she didn't feel anything—not even the slightest ache inside.

"You alright?" Jaemin asked, whispering.

She nodded, smiling. "She's so pretty."