15: Dinosaur Blanket

CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

When she entered her room to leave Jeno's shorts, Donghyuck was in the bathroom.

She left and went to Jenna's room to shower. After that, she brought herself downstairs. Jedi fell asleep on the couch while Corpse Bride was playing.

To be honest, it was Jihyuck's favorite movie. She watched it so often whenever she hung out with her little brother. Somehow, he ended up loving the show too.

She walked towards the kitchen and found Mrs. Hana.

"Hyuck, is your friend okay?" she asked.

"It's Ji for you," she replied without looking at the older. She opened the cabinet and took out a plate along with a glass. "He's alright, by the way. And I would appreciate it if you don't tell dad."

She wasn't in the mood to answer her father's interrogation about her bringing a boy home.

"Do you not trust me at all?" Mrs. Hana questioned, sounding hurt.

Jihyuck turned around, facing the older with a boring face. "Do you ask because you don't know or do you want to make me a bad person for telling you the truth again and again?" she raised her brows.

Mrs. Hana couldn't answer her question. But it definitely ached her heart to hear how distant she and the younger girl were. "I'm sorry for asking the same thing," she forced a smile. "Are you eating dinner?" she diverted the subject.

"It's for Donghy—"

"Can you wait for a while?"

She subconsciously rolled her eyes. "What now?"

"I want to make a porridge for him," she answered. She pressed her lips, hoping Jihyuck would say yes. She sincerely wanted to do so.

"I think you forgot that he hurt his ankle. Everything else is fine. He can eat like a normal person," she said.

"I know, Ji. But Jeno told me he didn't want to go to the hospital. The pain is still there and he'll not have the appetite to eat. A bowl of porridge would be nice," the older persuaded.

Jihyuck stared at her stepmother blankly. "Fine. I'll wait."

Mrs. Hana smiled widely. "I'll try to make it as good as I can."

"It's just a porridge," she mumbled.

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

It took her a few seconds to twist the doorknob since both of her hands were used to hold the tray that could fall at any time. She didn't want to knock either. If she did then Donghyuck would've to walk and open the door for her when he wasn't in the perfect state to do so.

Pushing the door, she found Donghyuck laying on her bed with his back facing her.

"Donghyuck," she muttered as she closed the door behind her.

As she neared the bed, she noticed him in her oversized sweatshirt. A small smile appeared on her lips without her knowing. It looked big on him as well. She ordered it online but they sent it in the wrong size.